Canon Canada Inc Employee Reviews in Canada

International Fortune 500 Company
Corporate Executive- Major Accounts (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2015
I was responsible for the day to day management of Key Accounts. Roughly 300 accounts. The corporate head office had a subsidized cafeteria which was fantastic. The culture of my colleagues was really great. Mentoring, sharing ideas. Management was not the greatest. Very negative from a sales motivational perspective.
Pros
Continuing Education, amazing colleagues
Cons
Very Long Hours
I Love My Canon Team
Account executive-Business Solutions division (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 18, 2016
Great Place To Start In Sales

Lots of Product Knowledge To Learn

Self-Reliant on Income

Can be nerve-racking.

Overall a great company to work for with a huge opportunities throughout the world
Pros
Great Company Name, Beautiful Office, Great Culture
Cons
Hard To Make Sales, Lame Territories, Some managers can be micromanagers
Has potential but slow moving in Innovative strategies
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 6, 2016
Canon has lot's of potential to be great, but as many businesses face, they are at a crossroads to figure out how to capture new audiences and market to them.
Pros
subsidized meals
Cons
Close minded employees and managers who can't think outside of the box, traditional partners not willing to try new things
Good working environment with many opportunities
Associate Analyst/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 1, 2016
I have been provided with many opportunities to grow over my three year employment with Canon Canada. The management values hard work.
Pros
They invest in your professonal development
Cons
Unflexible schedule
work well under pressure
Credit & Collections rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 16, 2016
Learned listening to people, patience, helping with issues ,resolving best way possible, worked well with co-workers , always positive energy to my co-workers,
Pros
Bonus end of the year
Cons
No flex time
Good company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 15, 2016
Management could be better. Employee's are not treated to the best of their ability and skills. Easy to get stuck in the same position.
A Company that has lost touch with its employees
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 9, 2016
This company micro manages you to a level that affects your ability to work. It had a very high turnover in the sales department.
Fulfilling interactions with clients and co-workers.
Credit Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 24, 2015
In the Business Solutions Credit department, there being two out of six employees on sick leave and vacation. The department was swamped. Unfortunately that left very little time for training.

My different accesses to the programs needed to complete my tasks was not available until the 3rd week of my one month contract.

Canon was a team I enjoyed being part of. My co-workers were very helpful, courteous but again quite swamped.

What I learned is that I love this type of position because of the constant contact with the clients and the philosophy and energy that was communicated by the CEO of Canon Canada Inc.,was very refreshing , a zen approach with his employees, which made me feel comfortable.
Pros
It was interesting, fulfilling and very well remunerated .
Cons
The unfortunate lack of training.
I liked working there
Parts Clerk,van driver,warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Ville mt.RoyalNovember 19, 2015
It was a nice place to work for we had a good social structure there. The company paid well and if you were in the technical field you could advance.The department I worked in were very close and we sociallized outside of work hours.The company restructured and they closed our warehouse .they were very fair to the end of my employment there.
Pros
supper meetings christmas parties
Cons
restructuring
Horrible GM with absolutely no management skills.
Account Executive - New Business Development (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 28, 2012
The Sales Manager that had hired me was laid-off/fired just before I started.
The GM and I did not get along, he is a power freak and wants to have FULL control of you. Plus, he has absolutely no management skills and thinks he is a GOD of the printing industry.
One of the biggest mistakes I have made in my life-time working under him.
The company culture is otherwise good and very young crowd of staff in the commercial sales. For most of them this was their first job.
Pros
none.
Cons
horrible gm.
Great place to work at, except for location.
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 2, 2015
Great office environment, everyone really friendly and supportive, feels like a big family. Relaxed and laid back environment. Lots of staff events and activities to keep everyone engaged.
Pros
Gaming consoles
Cons
Bad
Business Analyst/Sales Forecasting (Current Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 19, 2015
Bad work culture, do not promote from within, do not help, No real career development. Misleading - Employee's complained that there is no room to grow. Canon added supervisor level and hired externally. People are still in the same positions.
Team work brings success
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 19, 2015
Great place to work and learn from different people. Involves a lot of team work and support. Challenging to hit sales figures and keep a strong foot in the market.
Learnt alot
Sales Planning Analyst, Finance & Marketing (FP&A) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 4, 2015
I was lucky enough to get my hands on many other aspects of the finance, marketing and strategy side of the business. I was lucky that I had a great manager that encouraged innovation and different ways of doing things.
productive when needed and people were great
Warehouse Labourer, Shipper/Receiver, Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  markham ontarioJanuary 29, 2015
Had a time frame that you had to complete every day.Very quick pace.Work With others because more heads are better then one.Management stayed to them selfs,only spoke or seen when a certain job had to be done quickly or to give you verbal warning when you did something wrong.The hardest part of the job was the amount of work given in the shortest part of time.Most enjoyable part of the job was long lunches,good christmas partys,profit sharing and bonuses.
Pros
profit sharing and holiday time off
Cons
lack off communcation
Poor work life balance, and excessive reporting
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 30, 2012
Worked as an account manager for about a year, the commission and pay structure is competitive but the work culture is bad, the industry is in trouble, with every sales rep trying to undercut each other.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
bad management
GREAT COMPANY
CHANNEL ENABLEMENT MANAGER - PARTNER CHANNEL (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2014
• Strategic Market Planning and Positioning • New Market Penetration and Development
• Project/Program Management • Quantitative Data Methods and Analysis
• Cross-functional Relationship Building • Complex Multi-level Projects
• Channel Enablement and Engagement
• Strategic Enablement of Micro/Macro Channels
• Integrated Marketing and Sales Campaigns
• Business in Emerging Markets.
Good company culture and care about how their business impact environment
Developer II/Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioSeptember 10, 2014
Canon is a good company to work for and they have good departmental structure. All departments work together to provide new ideas and develop systems to support new business needs. Great co-worker and everyone in the company is very helpful in supporting other department.
Pros
company subsidize cafeteria, education assistance, lots of chances for advancement.
Cons
long work hours.
great people and fun work people
Customer Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Markham , OntarioJune 3, 2012
It's been a long time since I worked there but what I can remember was dealing with the tech's , I learned alot in my 17 years at canon , the management when I was there was excellent and my co=workers where amazing and the hardest part of the job was dealing with the other customer such as sales reps and the most enjoyable part of the job was having to see my extended family everyday. .
Pros
//beening recognized ////goes above and beyond
Cons
no cons
Get Out!