Canmark Technologies Ltd., located in the DVP-401 area of Toronto, specializes in survey research. We use software developed at Canmark to field surveys online and to provide our business clients with meaningful reporting and online access to data.
Canmark has around ten employees including programmers. The atmosphere is casual, friendly and mutually supportive while encouraging each person to learn a broad variety of skills.
You will be maintaining and enhancing existing technology and developing user-friendly database-driven websites for our business customers. You are a quick thinker who is ready to apply your programming skills to tackle complex tasks in both online and Windows environments.
You must be able to communicate clearly in English (in writing and orally) with other team members and with our customers.
Note: This is NOT a position for someone with web graphics capabilities and only limited experience with programming.
- University graduate in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Better than excellent communication skills in English: both spoken and written
- Attention to detail and self-correction must be second nature to you
- At least one year of relevant job experience
- Ability to understand complex customer requirements
- Fast, accurate keyboarding skills
- Perl / CGI, Python
- Visual Basic, C#, XML, CSS, DHTML
- Experience working with a linux backend environment
- Experience in a Linux/Unix environment
Compensation commensurate with skill level and experience