CanJet Airlines

CanJet Airlines Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
company closed its office
Customer service flight check (Former Employee), MontrealMay 13, 2014
Fine to work for, some management issues.
Fun people to work with.
Was a no brainer job.
Fast paced, continuous learning environment
Commercial Operations Team Leader (Former Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 27, 2012
Pros: every day was a new experience
Cons: long hours, 12 hour shifts, including backshifts
- I would start my workday by sorting emails from shifts that I would have been off for. I worked in a 24 hour systems operations control center, so there were times that other team members would be responding to emails and requests while I would be off. I would confirm that emails were appropriately responded to. I would then monitor the morning start – more... up of flights. ensure that all operations at all departing stations were going as planned before departures to minimize any delays. In-between monitoring day of flights, I would send out passenger manifests to all stations that required them for the next day flights.
- I learned a great deal from working in this position from the people I worked with, Management, the job itself and the industry. It was a constantly learning environment and i thrived on this education, it was one of the great things about this position, i learned something new every day.
- The management at canjet is an experienced group that I enjoyed working with and learned a great deal from.
- My co-workers all had their individual great attributes.
- The hardest part of this job was extreme irregular operations, particularly weather related. Weather related delays were difficult to plan for or make contingency plans for because of their uncontrollable nature.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the things I learned about the airline industry. during irregular operations the same solution could rarely be applied repeatedly, I liked brainstorming new contingency plans to get the company back on track. – less
horrible company to work for
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), toronto onNovember 24, 2012
base supervisors talk down to you very condescending ,
hours are horrible but this is expected with any airline job,
not enough time off to enjoy your own life.
coworkers write each other up
base too small
cupe rep abuses power
If u want an aiken go big or go home- here it is too small and if ur not friends of mgmt, ur targeted and released
Flight Attendant/ In-Charge (Former Employee), Pearson AirportJune 26, 2012
Pros: made great friends!- union staff and contract was iffy!
Cons: management- safety features- pay- work hours- destinations- list goes on!
Was a great place to work- with colleges and friends alike-
Way too much pettiness an gossip which if you are not liked you get penalized for. Don't have Facebook or any other personal social site as they do not like any political, religious or personal statements about ANYTHING! Regardless if it has to do with the company or not- which it never did.
Management – more... seems to favor those who started with the company over the new staff and the airline as a discount airline shows its discountedness!!
Lak of safety equipment n features makes flying questionable. – less
My Review
Incharge Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2012
Pros: travel, meeting people
Cons: long hours
My review for the company is its Managed properly the customer service is exceptional all the crew work well together, This company is growing every year.
The typical day at work is I get up at 3 am and get ready, and leave for the airport, I arrive at 4 am, Go up to my mailbox in the office read any memos, and make my way to the aircraft, Check my – more... equipment say hello to the Flight deck and brief them on the details that I receive from the Capt.
The education that I receive is on going, patience and having an open mind.
My co-workers are all different, very nice and out going and easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes when we have delays, or someone just has too much to drink and gets abusive to the crew.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting travel for a very good deal, seeing the world, meeting different people from different cultures and getting educated everytime you visit somewhere new. – less

Javian – November 5, 2012

Do you get any travel benefits for yourself and your family like most other airlines?Thanks in advance!

Really nice workplace to work at
Service Agent (Former Employee), BathurstApril 25, 2012
I really like that job but after a year working for them in bathurst N-B the company close there door at that location! It was in 2001