Location: Prince George, BC
The Communications Analyst is responsible for planning, design, implementation and support of enterprise-class data, voice and video communication systems within the organization, spanning manufacturing facilities, administrative and sales offices located in Canada, United States, Europe and Asia. These communication systems include local, wide area, wireless, and data center networks, telephone and video systems, Internet services and extranets to business partners.
Moderate levels of out-of-office travel within British Columbia/Alberta, evening and weekend work, and after-hours on-call support are requirements of this role.
- Planning, design, specification, and procurement of new communication systems and/or equipment or services, or upgrade/expansion to existing systems.
- Implementation, configuration, and maintenance of communication systems and equipment.
- Development of design proposals, presentations, and project business cases.
- Consultation with management/staff to gather system requirements/objectives to aid in solution evaluation and selection; and with vendors and telecom service-providers to identify, evaluate, cost and provision solutions/products/services.
- Project planning, implementation and management.
- System documentation, asset inventory, and coordination of end-user training.
- Network monitoring, performance analysis, capacity planning, and security controls.
- Problem identification, troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair.
- System administration, disaster recovery planning, technology evaluation, and end user support.
- Vendor and service provider management; telecom billing management.
- Mentor staff, provide assistance and act as an escalation point for complex issues.
- Participate in the development of IT standards, policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Degree / Diploma in information technology, computer science, engineering or equivalent.
- Cisco CCNP/CCDP certification or equivalent training / CCNP-Voice (CCVP) desirable.
- Competency with network and telecommunication technologies, standards, protocols and provisioning.5+ years enterprise-class network design, implementation, and support with large-scale multi-location networks.5+ years telecommunications administration and support.
- Strong background with server, desktop and mobile device technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and team building skills.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and strong team player.
- Ability to work in an industrial setting. Industrial experience desirable.
- Valid Driver’s licence.
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes by 4:00 pm, Friday, March 1, 2013 to the following:
Human Resources Coordinator
Fax (250) 962-3240
Email: Apply through email on Indeed or on www.Canfor.com website*
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard