Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
As a member of Canfor's Plateau Team, the successful applicant will be an energetic team player that will assist the Maintenance and Purchasing departments with administrative duties. The incumbent will also provide coverage for the Buyer during their absence.
Major Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Buyer and Maintenance Planner
- Keep work area clean, organized and safe
- Administration of inventory purchase orders, requisitions, and transfers
- Manage Inventory counts as required
- Issue weigh bills
- Send requisitions for pricing
- Expediting – PO’s issued but not received
- Coordinate shipping of materials
- Review, generate, process and update Work Orders and maintenance schedules
- Update maintenance department manpower and work schedules
- Daily filing of maintenance and purchasing documentation
- Provide information for maintenance of the MSDS system
- Provide administrative support for the departments Hot Work permits
- Additional administrative duties that support the maintenance team
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to learn new programs (Synergen)
- Previous administration experience
- Previous parts person/buyer experience would be an asset
- Ability to work both independently and in multiple team environments
- TDG and WHMIS Training would be an asset
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply by 4:00 pm, Friday, August 15, 2014.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.
Apply online at: