Canfor Mackenzie invites you to join our state of the art world class mill. With a recent capital investment of 40 million, our sawmill upgrade is well underway. Currently we run 2 lines in the sawmill and 1 in the Planer with a second line anticipated to commence operation this year. Both mills run modernized state of the art, high speed and efficient equipment producing well in excess of 1.4 mmfbm. We're a large, diversified and integrated forest products company which stands as the global leader in sustainable forest management practices.
Location – Mackenzie, BC
Why You'll Love Living Here
Blue skies, tree-lined mountain pathways and crisp, clean air beckon beyond every door. Even rainy days seem to have a certain appeal—a freshness—you have to experience first-hand to fully understand. Mackenzie offers unique recreation and leisure opportunities available right in town that make life in Mackenzie vibrant. From the beginner-friendly Little Mac Ski Hill and Terrain Park, to the popular in-town trail system, free outdoor skating rink and recreation center, there are plenty of low- and no-cost ways to keep active in this town.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team to achieve and exceed key performance indicator (KPI) targets in safety, quality, cost, delivery, and employee engagement. The successful candidate will accomplish these team goals while ensuring compliance with all safety regulations and company policies.
- Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety at all times, leading by example and ensuring your team follows all policies, procedures and WorkSafeBC Regulations.
- Address unsafe conditions as required.
- Coach, train and support team members to maximize performance.
- Foster a culture of open communication with employees in all departments and at all levels.
- Engage employees to provide valuable input into work processes and systems.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through implementation and sustainment of Canfor Operating System principles.
- Red Seal Electrician Certification.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven leadership abilities and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Extensive electrical experience.
In addition to Mill experience preference may be given to those with extensive experience managing crews.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to the following:
Human Resources Manager
Canfor – Mackenzie
Email: Email through Indeed website or visit www.Canfor.com to apply.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Only candidates that have a RED SEAL ELECTRICIAN CERTIFICATION and meet the qualifications outlined above will be accepted.