Canem is a progressive and growing Western Canadian electrical, data, communication, and building optimization provider. We are inviting you to become part of our exciting team and grow your career with us. With over 50 years of expertise in its field, Canem has realized extraordinary expansion, innovation and advances due to its unwavering commitment to providing expert, world class services while utilizing the most advanced technologies
We are now seeking an Accounting Clerk to join our Head Office team with the following requirements:
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for the effective administration and execution of all aspects of full cycle accounting, with strong emphasis on the Accounts Payable function. The Accounting Clerk reports directly to the Controller.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for duties assigned by the supervisor, including:
- Administering and executing Accounts Payable functions at Head Office (including invoice coding, entry, payment, and filing), maintaining Accounts Payable reconciliation reports, providing Accounts Payable information and analysis to management and branches, and working with the Senior Accounts Payable Administrator on audit requirements.
- Administering tax and dues remittances as assigned, and providing support to branches for purchase order processing and reconciliation.
- Understanding, managing, administering and making decisions based on set corporate criteria for vendor discount and payment terms.
- Providing administrative support and services as assigned, including front desk relief, credit applications, payroll entry and verification, etc., and completing special assignments, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Understanding and maintaining a high standard for internal controls.
- Providing an example of professionalism as a responsible and goal-oriented team player and leading by example in achieving excellence and being accountable for results and outcomes.
- This job description provides a general guideline for areas of responsibility. Additional detailed job responsibilities and individual goals are set for the employee with their supervisor.
The Accounting Clerk position requires an experienced accounting administrator with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively process and manage full cycle payables accounting. Proficiency in related computer programs is a requirement.
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience in an accounting related role (full cycle)
- College Diploma or certificate in Accounting from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Knowledge of GAAP principles and practices developed through work and or school
- Currently working towards their CGA or CMA designation
- Outstanding organizational abilities and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of related accounting and industry standards.
- Excellent knowledge of and proficiency in required computer programs (Microsoft Outlook and Excel, Sage Timberline Office).
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and time manage their duties and responsibilities to meet deadlines.
- Excellent ability to think critically and problem solve
- Ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adaptable
- Strong organizational abilities and demonstrated attention to detail
- Effective communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- A strong work ethic and desire to excel with professional development
- Solutions oriented, diplomacy and ability to initiate new methods and procedures to improve results
We offer generous compensation programs and performance driven incentives to reward our people. Please include your salary expectations in your application.
If you believe you would be the right fit, and you are a motivated team player and want to work with a dynamic group of professionals, please send your resume in confidence