Canem Systems Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

bad experience
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  AlbertaJuly 14, 2016
worked for a company and was leading a small crew teaching people and was doing lots before i worked for this company. Just a blue print and a list of things that needs to be done and off we go. Unfortunately due to economic reasons, the company went sour and everyone got laid off. I was pretty exited to start with this company and was hoping to stay for as long as possible. So just to give some examples of how i was treated. Asked where one of the rooms are within the first few days in a huge site, got the eye rolling treatment. Asked what info you need to put on the harness safety sheets (we used to just throw on the harness and work without safety sheets at my previous company), got yelled at and was told i should know this while the journeyman was throwing the harness around, the harness given to me did not have labels..... Tried my best to get things for the journeyman, running around getting stuff but the journeyman still threw things around, pretty much angry before work even started. Gave an idea to the journeyman and was told it was a stupid /bad idea and we couldn't do it just to overhear the journeyman telling the foreman "i have a great idea" and repeated word to word what i said. Horrible communication skills (pretty sure being in school for 8 years in college/ university and being able to lead a crew, im pretty sure my English is competent). Asked for clarification because the tin bashers were bashing away (say 5 ft away) and i couldn't hear a thing, just to see the jman go into a huge rage throwing things around and yelling at me. Common sense tells me if  more... the journeyman is trying to measure a long distance and the tape measure keeps falling i should help out to support the tape measure just to get yelled at for helping out. The list goes on and on but i guess it boils down to who you work with. there are definitely good sides to the company though.  less
Great company
Journeyman Electrician and Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 23, 2015
Working for Canem was great, they thought one how to be a great journey person electrician. Always giving a large experience of work, and supporting you to do projects on your own.
They were great.
Lots of perks, standard hours of operation
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2015
Working here has been a blast, however it is time for me to move on to something more.

There is nowhere to move up in the company, and for that I am looking for bigger and better opportunities. I want to excel and grow not only as an individual, but with a company as well.

There are no career opportunities. Great experience, and I have learned a lot. However I want to keep learning and become a greater asset for another company, where I can develop and move up.
Pros
Team Building Events
Cons
Office Politics
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  CalgaryFebruary 17, 2015
Excellent experience. High wages, good benefits and culture.
Overtime payed and 1.5. Great foreman, fun coworkers. Would definitely work for Canem again.
Pros
wages, benefits
Cons
no jobs
good company
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 17, 2015
helped build a part of the UofA wich was nice
alot of pipe bending and wire pulling, not out of the ordinary for a electrician, good foreman
Stable company offering employment to many electricians
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2014
Learnt a lot with this company on what it means to be an electrician and to have good work ethic.
Awesome place to work
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2014
great mentors, awesome people, great work environment, wage was decent, close to home
Pros
extra curricular activites team building skills pool tournaments paintball football games
Cons
no ot
Great commercial company
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 21, 2012
Learned a ton of new things
40 hours a week lots of time to play
great people to work with
Pros
great hours
Cons
the pay
large commercial company
Sub-Foreman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 1, 2012
Being a big company, Canem is able to employee a lot of people which can really give you a chance to learn many ways to do a task.
Pros
big company, lots of work
Cons
company wants to head in new direction

Canem Systems Ltd Reviews by Location