Canem Systems Ltd Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 December 2017
I worked for Canem on a few different sites. Never had an issue with any of the management. As a female electrician this was one of only a few companies I can say that I was treated fairly, and equally. I would apply again if the opportunity arose.
good work, good team, shortage of hours.
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 December 2017
would have been nice, if honesty was there. was disapointed after driving 1500 miles for work something i've always wanted to do. now im laid off, can't apply on EI and now seems like my dream has been ripped away from me.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
shortage of hours
Challenging, fast-paced employer with a family feel and many rewards
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 October 2017
Canem Systems Victoria is an excellent place of employ for enthusiastic individuals who possess a hunger for knowledge and physical challenges. With many talented and experienced individuals in their employ I would strongly recommend any apprentice seeking employment to place Canem Systems high on the list of pursuits.
Canem also offers a variety of work environments each bringing there own challenges and rewards in a continuous learning package.
One must earn ones place which may not always be easy, but once earned the rewards of that "family" feeling are well worth it.
Emphasis is on quality, efficiency and last but not least safety as it should be in any company, again being rewarded with safety awards as accident free hours accumulate.
Pros
Excellent pay, benefits and support network.
Cons
Can be demanding in many ways
I worked with a lot of really good, talented people
Electrical Service Foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2017
Canem at one time used to be a customer service company where everyone knew each other, helped each other. the it became corporate and everything suffered, the work and customer relationships became sub standard and cheap to make a better dollar
Professional Electrical Company
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2017
Not much different than most electrical companies. But they are professional.
You get paid on time, good benefits, and a safety program that works better than most.
Employees association
Construction Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2017
Good work environment, proactive management that supports employees with flexible work schedules. Gainfully employed with them for 5 plus years, hope for more in the future.
Fair company to work for
1st and 2nd period commercial electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2017
I worked for Canem for about 2 years. They where a good company to work for and took care of their workers for as long as they could given the slow down in the present economy.
great crew
Ironworker/Welder Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 August 2017
great crew everyone worked well together and office staff was always available help with any issues.great company for flights wage and putting you in camps or loa
Great Company
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB4 August 2017
Excellent company great people and atmosphere . Understanding bosses. Great hours and wages. Greta safety environment. Strongly recommend anyone to work for them.
Pros
Reconigtion
good company with ups and downs
Electrician - apprentice 2nd year (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2017
overall good company.
great coworkers, management is good but not very present. If you are on the right crew and know right people, you will learn a lot.
Other crews might be stuck doing repetitive tasks. Lay offs are always a gamble here. Canem likes to keep young long serving members.
Cons
some projects will be repetitive and have weird schedule

Want to know more about Canem Systems Ltd?

Ask a question
Commercial Electrical
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
Good company, but they need to find more work. I wish them all the luck.I would work for them again in a heartbeat. lets help them get more work Calgary!
Pros
great foreman
Cons
no projects
Good company
2nd Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2017
Great company to work for, will try there hardest to keep you working as long as you do your part. The employee association is pretty good and always making sure that the guys are happy.
Good place
Plumber/Gasfitter (Former Employee) –  Suncor16 June 2017
It was all good
It was to bad when the project was completed
I was transferred to another project in another province
Finished project and waited for the next project
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Not a good place for people of colors
apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2017
When there is a slow down people of colors go first regardless how hard you work. Some of their foremen seems racist and got the power to fire if they don't like you.Pure racism and discrimination.The boss is a great person though.
Pros
Organised, and in town projects
Cons
No job security
I was happy working for Canem
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2017
As far as a construction company is concerned, Canem treated me very well and kept me around during hard times. I never felt like any of my foremen treated me unfairly.
Pros
good job security
Cons
construction life is obviously not easy.
Good overall place to work for and do not let women get harassed. I was harassed andž
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Regina Saskatchewan4 June 2017
I did like how suprevision did things except for one foreman. Office did not do background check obviously because a foreman that was not liked had just come out of Jail for beating up a woman and he was not a patient man and allowed drinking.

Please contact me for additional information
Excellent structure
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2017
good company excellent structure. Room for growth. Would go back in a heartbeat if worked picks up again. They have lots of company team building events.
Well organized company
Journeyman Electrician at Various Sites (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 May 2017
This is a very well organized and managed company. I enjoyed my time working with them and the only reason I left was due to lack off work and I found a better job
great company
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2017
I loved working for Canem, I still would be there if I didn't need to move. All company's have their pros and cons, but I found Canem had many more pro's. Variety of jobs and office was easy to deal with. At the time, overtime was easy to obtain and were appreciative if you offered to help. I would work for them again in a heartbeat!
Excellent company all around
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2017
Amazing company to work for with good backing and excellent clients. They have excellent staff and knowledge of jobs at hand. Prior projects that go to prove they are a reputable company. Excellent administration, estimators, Managment, and payroll. Since day one on the job they have made me feel like an employee not a number.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canem Systems Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.