Canem is a progressive Canadian, electrical, data, communication, and building optimization provider. We invite you to take part in our exciting team and grow your career in our Vancouver Branch. With over 50 years of industry experience, Canem prides itself in providing innovative solutions and expert service while utilizing the most advanced technologies.This position is located in Richmond, BC and will require the individual to work from this location.
The Project Manager is responsible for the effective management of projects assigned and marketing the company and its services to obtain new projects – specifically special projects and service. This includes responsibility for building effective relationships with clients, suppliers and staff and ensuring the effectiveness, quality, compliance and profitability of each project. The Project Manager reports directly to the Division Manager or Construction Manager.
The Project Manager is responsible for duties assigned by the supervisor, including:
- Building effective relationships with existing and new clients and suppliers, marketing the company and its services to existing and new clients, engineers, planners, and other potential contacts, advising clients about new and effective products and services, actively seeking out new opportunities, projects and clients for Canem and estimating and obtaining new projects.
- Leading pre-planning activities for assigned projects, obtaining agreement on effective project plan, ensuring approved project plan is successfully implemented on site, building positive relationships and a positive image for the company, achieving and exceeding financial profit of projects, and maximizing project cash flow through careful planning and implementation of project.
- Working closely with relevant management staff in writing of quotations and project proposals, administering of contracts, negotiating and obtaining of contracts, preparing tenders for subcontractors and suppliers, awarding subcontracts, and obtaining relevant management approvals for all estimations, proposals and contracts prior to disclosure to an outside party.
- Setting up projects in relevant software applications, and working with general contractors and consultants to ensure success on current projects and future work, scheduling manpower, equipment and material for project, ordering material to ensure material is available when necessary, deciding on which equipment and tools to use.
- Managing project, labour and materials to achieve project outcomes, building positive relationships with crew and foreman; supervising foremen and attending regular site meetings, continuously monitoring projects and controlling costs to maximize project profitability, taking corrective action when necessary and solving problems to achieve or exceed project targets.
- Ensuring quality of workmanship is to company standards, enforce company’s safety policy and identify areas for improvement, providing effective training for foremen and ensuring correct training levels for other staff including apprentices and new employees, and ensuring that all electrical codes, safety codes and proper work practices are followed.
- Working closely with relevant management staff in documentation of project, including the approval of shop drawings, ensuring timely and effective billings, estimating, reviewing, pricing and submitting of all change orders, providing accurate forecasting and project reporting, reporting project progress on a monthly basis and effectively closing out of projects.
- Providing leadership and positive motivation for project staff and company partners by acting as a responsible and goal-oriented team player and leading by example in achieving excellence and being accountable for results and outcomes.
The Project Manager position requires a motivated and experienced professional with excellent current knowledge of electrical, building and municipal codes and regulations, in-depth technical, practical and engineering expertise and excellent management and people skills. Five to ten years experience as an electrical foreman, or a background of five to ten years experience in electrical engineering or related technical fields, or five to ten years experience in estimating electrical projects are a requirement for this position.
Excellent engineering and / or technical knowledge of electrical construction
Excellent knowledge of industry products, practices and standards
Outstanding sales, marketing and networking skills
Excellent organizational abilities and demonstrated attention to detail
Excellent knowledge of and proficiency in required computer programs
How to apply:
Please apply directly in confidence, including your wage expectation. No phone calls or faxes please. For more information about Canem, please visit www.canem.com
This position is only open to those who are legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all candidates for their interest in Canem Systems Ltd., however only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 5 months ago