Canem is a progressive and growing Western Canadian electrical, data, communication, and building optimization provider. We are inviting you to take part in our exciting team and grow your career with us. With over 50 years of expertise in its field, Canem has realized extraordinary expansion, innovation and advances due to its unwavering commitment to providing expert, world class services while utilizing the most advanced technologies
We are now seeking an Administrative Professional to join our team with the following requirements:
This position will be part time and will be flexible with the days and hours to be worked during the week. We will be asking that this individual is available and willing to cover for full time vacation relief when necessary.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for duties assigned by the supervisor, including but not limited to:
- Performing reception duties where applicable and assigned, including phone and switchboard operation, scheduling and greeting visitors and directing queries and information to the appropriate departments and staff in the office and the field;
- Completing financial and accounting duties where applicable and assigned, including processing of accounts payable and/or accounts receivables information and handling and monitoring petty cash (as required);
- Supporting the payroll process including time sheet verification and coordination with the Corporate Payroll Team;
- Provide support to meetings that occur in the office;
- Monitoring and administering office systems and procedures as applicable and assigned;
- Supporting all staff with administrative tasks as applicable and assigned, including but not limited to: sorting and reviewing documents, creating correspondence reports and presentations, keeping databases and spreadsheets current, filing, faxing documents, records maintenance, word processing, mail coordination and distribution and general office management;
- Providing an example of professionalism as a responsible and goal‐oriented team player and leading by example in achieving excellence and being accountable for results and outcomes.
- 2‐4 years of experience in an administrative assistant or reception position
- 2‐4 years experience in Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Invoicing and payroll
- Previous experience in handling a multi‐line
- Strong knowledge in working with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent ability to think critically and problem solve
- Ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adaptable
- Strong organizational abilities and demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi‐task and prioritize
- Effective communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- A strong work ethic and desire to excel with professional development
- Solutions oriented, diplomacy and ability to initiate new methods and procedures to improve results
- Exposure to construction, engineering or technical environment is a definite asset
How to apply:
If you believe you would be the right fit, and you are a motivated team player, please respond internally and send your resume in confidence quoting the title “Part Time Administrative Assistant – Red Deer” in the subject line.
At Canem, we pride ourselves on our reputation in being leaders of excellence in the industry.
We recognize the fact that our clients...