CANCERCARE MANITOBA Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Community Engagement Liaison Lead (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 August 2017
Fast-paced work environment with room for advancement and educational growth.
Hardest and best part of the job is hearing the stories from cancer patients; good and bad experiences helped to make systemic changes within the organization.
Pros
Co-workers
Great experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 November 2016
CCMB provided a fun an exciting place to work. The staff members are very nice and fun while being serious at their jobs. Provided great support and helped me grow as a researcher.
done
Lab Technician, Cancer Research Lab (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2014
have reviewed on other page.
just volunteering job. miss the team.
Cancercare was a great place to work. You went home at night knowing you were part of a great Team in helping to better people's lives.
Communications Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 May 2014
There was no real "typical" day at work. Everyday was different depending on the individual needs and requirements of our patients. The only "typical" day was every morning going to my office and turning on my computer and seeing what the day was going to bring. Changes were constant and your day could be directed entirely in a different direction if a STAT arose. Your other work had to be done, so you would adjust and find a way to get all the clients needs done. Management was not watching what you got done and if you got it done because it would be. I knew I was working for the benefit of the health of individuals, and this would be enough incentive to achieve to my 110%.
The Management at Cancercare had an open-door policy. They were there to guide and help you when you needed it. Guide lines for Treatments were constantly changing as per RO due to Clinical Trials, and Management would pre-warn us of the changes and walk us through it before the start date.
My co-workers at Cancercare were extraordinary. Now the World is not perfect, but I would have to say that 98% of the employees were all there for the same reason - for the benefit of improving the health of our patients. Therefore we all work as a Team to achieve this goal.
I would have to say the hardest part of the job was when a small child comes in and we know we are doing pain relief only.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when a patient comes back to visit after his last follow-up visit and says the treatments worked and they are either cancer free or in remission. You know then that you were part
  more... of a Team of individuals all doing their part in improving this person's quality of life.  less
Pros
Job Security, Team work from the CEO all the way down, the willingness to allow you to expand your knowledge base by attending lectures and courses, Open door policy in all levels of Management, Benefits, the caring and understanding of the Health and Wellness of our patients and their employees
Cons
Low salary
enjoyable jobs in a variety of departments, i.e. Education Department dealing with outpatient programs, Program Assistant on medical units, etc
Secretary, Medical Oncology/Haematology Dept. (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba25 May 2014
Unfortunately, I was laid off due to changes in the various medical programs. Program assistants lost our jobs and had to re-apply. I was re-hired in the same department, but after a few months, the director left on stress leave. I was then assistant to a new director who took away all my responsibilities and pretty well bullied me out of the job. I had no recourse, as I wasn't in a union and Human Resources was on her side. I lost the job after 10 years.
Pros
enjoyed working with the nurse managers and staff and patients
Cons
low salary; no union; bullied by new manager after changes to position was made
very stressful place
COMMMUNICATION CLERK (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 October 2013
I love all my co workers and my job but hated being pulled to someone elese's job on top of your regular assignments.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no room for improvements
my workspace
Typist Clerk (Former Employee) –  winnipeg,mb30 January 2013
i learned that i was part of a team and the work i did mattered. Gave me the freedom to learn more and take on more tasks

Want to know more about CANCERCARE MANITOBA?

Ask a question