CANARIE designs, delivers, and drives the adoption of digital infrastructure for Canada’s research and education communities. CANARIE keeps Canada at the forefront of digital research and innovation, fundamental to a vibrant digital economy. CANARIE funds programs and tools that promote the evolution of a leading-edge digital infrastructure supporting Canadian researchers and innovators, fostering a growing, competitive, knowledge-based Canadian economy. CANARIE is a non-profit corporation supported by membership fees, with major funding of its programs and activities provided by the Government of Canada.
The work environment at CANARIE is dynamic, with a small team of positive, energetic and committed individuals evolving and leveraging the CANARIE network and associated programs using cutting-edge technologies and highly collaborative processes. Given that CANARIE works at the nexus of two rapidly changing environments – research and technology – it is critical that team members demonstrate an appetite for new challenges and an ability to embrace and respond to change.
Working as part of a dynamic team on cutting edge technology, the Test Engineer defines and drives the integration test strategy for science platform middleware. This position is very hands- on and includes a significant automated test development component along with manual testing where necessary.
The Network-Enabled Platforms program supports the development of innovative software research platforms that support enhanced access to research data and tools, and while increasing national and global research collaboration. The program enables the creation of innovative research applications and services, and provides an opportunity to work with researchers from across Canada and internationally on the very latest in technology and projects.
Functions & Responsibilities
The Test Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Evaluating and recommending automated test technologies used for science platform integration and validation
- Designing and maintaining the science platform test bed
- Designing and implementing both automated and manual test suites
- Working effectively with development and support peers in a multisite development environment
- Participating in feature development from definition through customer use
- Keeping up to date on trends and technologies related to testing of Service-Oriented Architectures
- Contributing to the development of best practices
The successful candidate will have the following education, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or significant equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years working experience in developing automated test suites for web service-enabled middleware and applications
- Very comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to learn new platforms and technologies quickly
- Strong interest in advanced computing technology
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills in English; Bilingualism an asset
Experience with the following is desired:
- Experience with web services testing – familiar with at least some of: SOAP, XML, AJAX, JSON, REST
- Experience designing automated tests and using automated test frameworks
- Exposure to formal software verification and validation methodologies
- Human factors/usability experience and database administration experience are assets
How to Apply
Please send your expression of interest and resume by email quoting the name of the position in which you’re interested. We thank all applicants; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANARIE designs and delivers digital infrastructure and drives its adoption for Canada's research, education and innovation communities....