Reports to: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Job Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Downtown Ottawa
CANARIE designs, delivers, and drives the adoption of digital infrastructure for Canada’s research and education communities. CANARIE keeps Canada at the forefront of digital research and innovation, fundamental to a vibrant digital economy. CANARIE funds programs and tools that promote the evolution of a leading-edge digital infrastructure supporting Canadian researchers and innovators, fostering a growing, competitive, knowledge-based Canadian economy. CANARIE is a non-profit corporation supported by membership fees, with major funding of its programs and activities provided by the Government of Canada.
The work environment at CANARIE is dynamic, with a small team of positive, energetic and committed individuals evolving and leveraging the CANARIE network and associated programs using cutting-edge technologies and highly collaborative processes. Given that CANARIE works at the nexus of two rapidly changing environments – research and technology – it is critical that team members demonstrate an appetite for new challenges and an ability to embrace and respond to change.
The provision of federated access services at a national and international level is currently provided to the Canadian higher education and research community through the Canadian Access Federation (CAF).
Operation of this service fully transitioned CANARIE from CUCCIO on April 1, 2012.
There are 2 services currently supported by CAF:
- Eduroam: Secure access to wireless using the international standard
- Federated single sign on for secure and controlled access to content and services
The Program Manager, Canadian Access Federation is responsible for the overall success of the CAF services in the marketplace as well as ensuring that the program meets CANARIE’s financial and mandate objectives.
Functions & Responsibilities
To ensure that CANARIE meets its financial and mandate objectives while meeting the current and future needs of the Canadian higher education and research community, the position is responsible for:
- Defining and adapting the roadmap for the program
- Defining and reporting on the key metrics to measure the success the program
- Ensuring external stakeholder requirements are met
- Budget creation and tracking, subject to senior management approval
- Business process development and innovation to meet internal and customer needs
- Continued growth of the CAF services
- Degree in Business or Computer Science with experience in managing or delivering ICT projects or services in a large organization
- A working knowledge of identity, access, and authorization technologies and associated services is beneficial
- Experience working in a public sector or academic environment would be beneficial
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – English and French preferred.
- Will be required to work outside of normal working hours.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
How to Apply
Please send your expression of interest and resume by email quoting the name of the position in which you’re interested. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.