CANARIE designs, delivers, and drives the adoption of digital infrastructure for Canada’s research and education communities. CANARIE keeps Canada at the forefront of digital research and innovation, fundamental to a vibrant digital economy. CANARIE funds programs and tools that promote the evolution of a leading-edge digital infrastructure supporting Canadian researchers and innovators, fostering a growing, competitive, knowledge-based Canadian economy. CANARIE is a non-profit corporation supported by membership fees, with major funding of its programs and activities provided by the Government of Canada.
The work environment at CANARIE is dynamic, with a small team of positive, energetic and committed individuals evolving and leveraging the CANARIE network and associated programs using cutting-edge technologies and highly collaborative processes. Given that CANARIE works at the nexus of two rapidly changing environments – research and technology – it is critical that team members demonstrate an appetite for new challenges and an ability to embrace and respond to change.
This position is responsible to the Manager, Communications for ongoing content updates and additions to the CANARIE website and for the coordination of CANARIE’s social media activities. The position also involves updating and managing CANARIE’s contact management tool, developing online surveys and registration forms using approved tools, and graphic design support for both the CANARIE website and collateral. On an irregular basis, there may be some requirements for logistical support for events and conferences that CANARIE is hosting and/or participating in.
Functions & Responsibilities
The Digital Content Coordinator will be responsible for activities under the following broad categories:
- ongoing management of website updates and new content
- analysis of website traffic and suggests options for increasing traffic to the site
- liaison with CANARIE staff to ensure content on CANARIE network, programs, and services is regularly refreshed
- offer suggestions on new digital content for the site
- identify opportunities to improve the user experience on the website
- identify opportunities to leverage and use new CANARIE digital marketing products
- manage the distribution of regular, relevant content to CANARIE’s social media outlets, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- create content for these messages, in concert with Manager, Communications
- suggest opportunities for and implement social media “campaigns” that support key CANARIE initiatives
- suggest new opportunities for CANARIE to reach key audiences via social media
- ensure CANARIE is following key partners and audiences via social media
- leverage social media to drive traffic to CANARIE website
- provide graphic design support for content on website
- provide graphic design support for CANARIE collateral, advertisements, events and internal communications
Online Surveys and Registration Tools
- create, as required, surveys and registration tools using FluidSurvey and Review Room
- identify opportunities to improve the user experience when deploying these tools
- regularly review CANARIE’s contact lists to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
- manage the classification of lists on CANARIE’s contact management tool (Interspire) to provide maximum flexibility for targetted messaging
- identify and suggest opportunities to improve how CANARIE manages contacts
- distribute approved CANARIE press releases and email blasts via the contact management tool
- support the Manager, Communications as required with logistics of conferences and events
- support the Manager, Communications as required with internal communications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent computer applications and skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Aptitude and knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite 5 (Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Illustrator) including ability to code HTML web pages within a php/CSS environment
- Degree or certificate in a related field required (i.e. B.A. in Marketing, Certificate in Digital Communications or similar)
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Bilingual (English and French) considered an asset
Please send your expression of interest and resume by email quoting the name of the position in which you’re interested in the title of your email. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 11 months ago
CANARIE is Canada's advanced network organization, a not-for-profit corporation funded by Industry Canada to facilitate the development and...