Senior Systems/Network Administrator
Canam Solutions Inc. - Mississauga, ON
The Senior System/Network Administrator is responsible to design, install, administer, and optimize company server infrastructure and related components. As part of a small IT team, provide 2nd level support to staff & end-users through the timely investigation and resolution of reported problems or requests. Proactively seek to eliminate the source of recurring problems and supervise junior technical staff.
1. Responsible for the overall planning, testing, deployment, maintenance and security of the server infrastructure systems (mix of physical and virtual systems).
2. Determining server infrastructure capacity requirements, managing change, executing rigorous testing, responding to escalated support requests, and implementing corrective action.
3. Coordinate and collaborate with the IT team members to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of organization services to meet business demands.
4. Ensures server infrastructure is operating within pre-defined operating levels and manages all proactive tuning activities.
5. Monitor, analyze, and predict trends for storage equipment performance, space allocation, and data growth to recommend enhancements.
6. Support technical projects in the design and review of new server systems, applications, and hardware.
7. Lead, coordinate, and participate in key process improvements as they relate to the client/server environment.
8. Maintain technical documentation for the organization’s server environment including up-to-date records of hardware configurations, software licenses, maintenance agreements, network diagrams, Disaster Recovery Procedures, and maintenance operations.
9. Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts
10. Perform SQL Server deployment and troubleshooting techniques
11. Perform IT administrative duties as delegated.
Applicants for this position must have the following qualifications:
- University or college degree/diploma in Computer Technology
License or Registration Requirements - At least two of the following certifications are REQUIRED and will be verified:
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
- VCP ( VMware Certified Professional)
- MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator)
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience responsible for managing server environments (minimum 35 servers) with emphasis on Windows OS 2003/2008/2012, including Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IIS, FTP, SMTP.
- Expert hands-on experience building and deploying server hardware and associated storage in an enterprise multi-tiered network infrastructure.
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining a virtual server environment in both Hyper-V and VMWare.
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Experience with Web Filtering and Email Security/ Anti-Spam Solutions.
- Experience with Backup/Restore and Disaster Recovery processes and tools.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principals, and general software management best practices.
- Experience with Cisco Firewalls (ASA 5505, 5510, 5515-x, etc).
- Experience with and/or certification in ITIL functions and processes (ITILV3)
Knowledge and Skills - Working knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Technologies: Windows 2003/2008/2012 server , Active Directory 2003/2008, Exchange 2007/2010/2013, SQL 2005/2008/2012, IIS 6/7/8, Sharepoint 2010/2013;
- Virtualization Technologies: VMware vSphere 4.x/5.x; HyperV V2/V3;
- Backup Technologies: System Center Data Protection Manager/Backup Exec ;
- Managed Anti-Virus Solutions: Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Storage Hardware: QNAP ISCSI devices
- Server Hardware: HP Proliant/XW Workstations, Lenovo
- Mobility Solutions: Experience using ActiveSync
- Strong technical, trouble-shooting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have excellent communication skills to be able to clearly explain the benefits of an architectural approach to clients and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle strongly desired
- Exposure/Experience to SQL Server in production environments
- Excellent knowledge of VPN technologies from all vendors, including both site-to-site and client based
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls or third parties please.
Indeed - 13 months ago