Canalta Hotels Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
It's a good place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB15 October 2017
Nice place to work lots of benefits. We do a lot of team building . They have a pool and hot tub witch is also available to the staff also and small gym
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I have never received a raise due to the economy
awesome place to work
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rimbey, AB9 July 2017
You are demanded to do a good job, but are also treated like family and respected and praised for a job well done.
I was supprised i stayed for so long, but having an awesome manager helped, she was a good listener, and tried to hep out when you were behind in your work.
Pros
free birthday meals, appreciated for the work you do
Cons
it wasn"t a full time job.
Not a place I would recomend
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB3 April 2017
The job itself is enjoyable, seeing guest and helping them enjoy their stay. However, management was not prepared and organized causing issues with scheduling.
Horrible manager
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Assiniboia, SK20 February 2017
She hired me in Assiniboia Saskatchewan just so she could fire me after 4 days.this all happened because I complained to head office about her the ladies that cleaned were nice. The girls at front desk not so much
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Not a very nice employer
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB31 January 2017
Management difficult to deal with, did not have a pleasent moment employed at Super8. Very disorganized, preferential treatment and not certain were you stand
nice place
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Claresholm, AB1 February 2014
nice place to work, i earned just right, the management okay, my co-workers nice, when its busy but its enjoyable makes the hours goes fast
Pros
free meals
Cons
Provided a living income, but the management was not tolerable, very unorganized and received payments late almost every time.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB26 April 2013
A typical day at work would be finding out the rooms that need cleaning and start by stripping all the laundry, so that our sheets would be ready for when we have finished stripping all the rooms. Then after we have stripped the rooms we clean each of the rooms one by one and put them back on for vacancy. After my floor was done I would move to another floor and help them and so on. After all the rooms were clean we would meet in the laundry room and finish the laundry for the next day.

I learned how to sanitize and clean really well. Also to work with a range of ages.

There was a lack of management and lots of confusion would occur because management was not organized. Sometimes cheques were deposited later than were supposed to and did not get payed for our overtime.

Working with the co-workers at Ramada was great, it was like working with a family.

The hardest part of the job would be the large amount of labour for a small amount of people.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when there was a lot of team work and equal labour put out by the individuals. Also the teamwork made it feel like a family who was able to feel comfortable with each other and joke around.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Lots of labour for few people