Canadian Western Bank Employee Reviews in Canada

canadian western bank - great work place
Full time Sales and Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJune 14, 2016
I enjoyed the challenges and the everyday work at CWB. I met alot of great staffs and clients in my relatively short time working there. i would reccommend a job at a bank to someone who wants good hours, decent pay, and a bit of a challenge.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
location
Great Place to work...if you can get in!!
Unanimous (Former Employee) –  UnanimousMay 29, 2016
Focusing on Business relationships, CWB is a great place to work. Relatively flat in structure, management is very supportive in education and career training. It is difficult to get into, as the staff are relatively seasoned...no one leaves and there is a reason for that!! Wages and Benefits are excellent as well. Highly recommended!
Good
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2016
This was a good experience working in different aspects of a Financial institution.
I had different administrative duties also worked with other sections in the Department.
Solid company with decent career advancement
Assistant Vice-President & Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 11, 2016
I managed a team of 6 direct reports and 3 in-direct reports. My responsibilities ranged from a large emphasis on sales and prospecting, to underwriting some larger deals, and adjudicating commercial lending deals. In addition, hiring, coaching, mentoring was a crucial part of my day and time. We had a tight knit group that worked cohesively together.
Pros
work life balance, flexible, great for a young family.
Cons
a chancing culture.
CWB is really good place to work at.
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2015
On a typical day at work, I used to build new reports with Microsoft SSRS tool or work with data migration team to help migrating data. I have learnt building reports, maintaining database, stored procedures, views and data migration processes.
Fun, supportive, and productive environment to work
ARIS Business Process Architect/ Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 2, 2014
A typical day passes quickly due to the work at hand and the work atmosphere.
Pros
frequent team get togethers (both social & work related)
Cons
deliverable expectations can be very aggressive at times.
CWB is a good company to work for.
Senior Manager of Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton ABMay 1, 2014
I enjoyed my time at CWB, mostly the day to day dealings with clients and staff.
Company that values employee very highly
Treasury Quantitative Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 16, 2014
Good company that values employee very highly. Culture is the core value of the company.
CWB
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 30, 2013
It was a great Place to work. I had a great experience working as a Teller. I wanted to move up into an Administrative role but was not given the Opportunity.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
staying late
Working experiance with Canadian Western bank, Vancouver.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  VancouverApril 24, 2013
CWB Mobile Banking Application for smartphones is the most user friendly and security guarantee application that can be used by personal and business banking customers of CWB Bank. Using the CWB Mobile App customer can Access their personal or small business banking accounts, check their account balances, pay bills, transfer funds and locate CWB branches and record insurance information in an accident.It is a nice experience working with Great organization like Canadian western bank. I worked individual by interacting with technical and non technical people in the company to document all project requirement documents, created master test plan, test strategy, identified test cases and created test cases. I performed both manual and automation tests.
Prouductive and nice place to work
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  EdmontonFebruary 3, 2013
Surrounded by good natural scenes
Nice atomos
Good Management
Fun Working Here
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaJanuary 9, 2013
Learned so many things
good working place
BRD and QA was amazing part to work here
Pros
good salary
Cons
long hours to work
Easy Going, Team work
Assistant Mgr Retail Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaJuly 5, 2012
Canadian Western Bank was an excellent place to work. I started there in October of 2009, and left at the end of January 2012. I gained so much knowledge from my branch, not only through my job, but from my co-workers. I had a great team to work with and an outstanding supervisor. My supervisor saw so much potential in me and really helped me to excel in every direction possible. We had a good work environment, everyone got along very well, and it was very easy going. Work was fast paced at times, but nothing our front line team could not handle. I would most definitely recommend them to anyone looking to go into the world of banking. Always room for advancement and they are part of the 50 best employers in Canada and it is very well deserved!
Pros
breakfasts every friday, team building outings, lunches, fundraisers, etc.
Cons
some negative co-workers..

4.4