Canadian Western Bank Employee Review

View all Canadian Western Bank reviews

Easy Going, Team work
Assistant Mgr Retail Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta5 July 2012
Canadian Western Bank was an excellent place to work. I started there in October of 2009, and left at the end of January 2012. I gained so much knowledge from my branch, not only through my job, but from my co-workers. I had a great team to work with and an outstanding supervisor. My supervisor saw so much potential in me and really helped me to excel in every direction possible. We had a good work environment, everyone got along very well, and it was very easy going. Work was fast paced at times, but nothing our front line team could not handle. I would most definitely recommend them to anyone looking to go into the world of banking. Always room for advancement and they are part of the 50 best employers in Canada and it is very well deserved!
Pros
breakfasts every friday, team building outings, lunches, fundraisers, etc.
Cons
some negative co-workers..

Other Canadian Western Bank Employee Reviews

casual atmosphere, strong culture
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2017
Casual atmosphere, strong culture. Cool place for young people. They are so focused on being involved in the community. casual atmosphere, strong culture.
Great place to work -however a lot of changes happening
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 June 2017
I loved my time at Canadian Western Bank! (15 yrs to be exact)

The past 5 yrs brought with it a lot of necessary changes - and a lot of changes meant a lot of new staff.

The changeover in new staff was major within the HR department.
I was given the opportunity to come back part-time (for a short while) with my first child and HR was amazing with helping me figure out the logistics of it...as was my former department.

The second child came after the aforementioned changes and it affected the level of knowledge HR had with regards to my previous work and achievements...it left me sad and dissapointed that HR couldn't help me with my second request to come back part time for a while.

After 15 yrs I left...and that was that. No contact from HR...nothing.

My experience there as a job however, was fantastic! I loved everyone I had the opportunity to work with and tried to make a difference for the company - through my work and personality.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Western Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2