The Production Control Manager will oversee and manage all Production Plans and the Master Schedule. This position is responsible for directing the activities of the Production Planners whose duties are the planning, scheduling, initiating follow-up and final shipment of plant production orders. He/She will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. The Production Control Manager will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
This individual will be responsible to:
- Maintain the master production schedule for the business, review sales forecasts together with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- Determine progress to schedule working with department supervisors and production planners. Determine solutions for schedule recovery and lead departments’ plans for recovery.
- Track reasons for schedule changes and ensure that root causes for schedule volatility are being resolved.
- Review plant loading and capacity regularly. Recommend to site leadership the actions to maintain customer delivery expectations.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labour or material shortages, loss of capacity, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, sales, production, or engineering.
- Maintain schedule dating within Order Management and MRP systems.
- Maintain work centre profiles and MRP parameters based on performance analysis.
- Interface with the Logistics team to help ensure on-time delivery.
- Help manage inventories to eliminate and prevent excess and inactive materials.
- Own and facilitate planning of customer demand over a 2 year horizon. Work with sales to balance the load and product mix with the available capacity.
- Maintain site’s key delivery metrics and reporting.
- Develop and maintain site’s capacity plan.
- Perform and lead Sales and Operations meetings on a regular basis with manufacturing, sales and purchasing department personnel.
- Supervise and train Production Planners to assure that they meet all requirements for their jobs and that they are encouraged to improve their abilities and their performances.
- Enforce the observance of safety, quality and other company rules and regulations by all subordinates.
- Participate in the budgeting process and monitor and report on manufacturing performance as it relates to planning budgetary guidelines.
- Take a leadership role in the introduction of new products from concept to production.
Successful candidates will have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent with a post-secondary education in Operations Management or Supply Chain with APICS certification. Two years supervisory experience and 5 or more year’s production planning in a manufacturing environment preferred. A strong leader who has the ability to manage a diverse group of employees. Proficient user of MRP and Microsoft Office applications. Forward looking individual with a customer focused approach. Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them effectively throughout an evolving environment. Possesses strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and external representatives. Accurately document, report and present information and work both independently and lead in a team environment.
CTD Ltd offers extensive Custom Machining services utilizing:
18 CNC Turning Lathes, some with 4-axis capability and steady rests, with a...