The roles and responsibilities for this position include, but not limited to;
- Greet, assist and thank customers in a friendly, courteous manner
- Operate cash register (all functions) and maintain cash area
- Process customer purchases efficiently, following standardized procedures
- Accurately verify merchandise quantities, descriptions and price
- Answer customer inquiries in person and over the phone in a friendly, courteous manner and forward calls as necessary
- Process returns and exchanges using the computerized returns system
- Follow established policies and procedures on returns and rain checks
- Balance cash
- Maintain a professional appearance (uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag)
- Alert management to security problems
- Follow company, store and department policies
- Follow store health & safety program and observe provincial occupational health and safety regulations; report any observed or potential hazards immediately
- Participate in meetings and all training, as required
Previous Canadian Tire experience is a definite asset, but not required (will train).
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods retailer, with...