We are the financial services arm of one of Canada’s most trusted and recognized retailers; the 2nd largest issuer of MasterCard in the country and a growing and thriving bank. Canadian Tire Financial Services, with Canadian Tire Bank, currently employs over 1,400 people with offices in Oakville, St. Catharines and Welland, Ontario. We contribute significantly to Canadian Tire Corporation’s annual profits, and are an important player in the financial services industry.
Our success has been driven by a strong vision, loyal customers and excellence in execution. At CTFS we know how to leverage the skills, aspirations and experience of our employees. We have proudly earned a reputation for developing employees with a breadth and depth of knowledge. Our culture is second to none: CTFS is a great place to work.
Our bilingual Specialty Collectors curate and liquidate late stage and high risk accounts. They maintain queue ownership of these accounts, locate debtors, and engage in negotiations to determine the best possible resolution to deal with the arrears, limit exposure, and reduce the write-off propensity of each account.
To excel, our best specialty collectors employ a variety of tools and decisions to complete the action on the accounts including liquidating to agency partner, building fixed term payment schedules, freezing interest, negotiating full balance, total past due, and appropriate settlements, and so on. After exhausting professional collection tactics, they determine the potential of recovery through litigation and assign accounts directly into the legal process.
- Flexibility to work within the hours of operation (8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m., M-F, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Sa, and occasional Sundays (based on business needs)
- Flexibility to work at either of our Welland or St. Catharines locations
- A strong track record of quality service in a collections role
- Reputation as a sound negotiator and an ability to build rapport and find best repayment solutions in potentially sensitive and stressful situations with clients
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- A positive and professional work demeanour, and a collaborative team-focused approach to evolving and innovating in a center of excellence
- Familiarity with the Credit Business Practices Regulations is an asset in this role
Canadian Tire Financial Services is a repeat winner of SQM Group’s ‘Call Centre of the Year’ award (2011, 2012) and the achievement is a credit to the positive attitude and collaborative support that our employees share with one another every day.