Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Canadian Tire Assoc. Store Barrie
Service Advisor (Current Employee), Barrie On.January 22, 2015
You work the required amount of hours (1000) then you are eligible to participate in the profit sharing program. Then they will cut your hours(13) so the payout is considerably less for you to build your future.They will hire new employees and work them until the required hours are up and I would imagine do the same thing.
Seasonal/Outdoors dept. employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: profit sharing, good work environment
Cons: (some) rude customers, little opportunity for advancement (as a student)
Typical day at work may include any of the following: making sales, cleaning up department's section of the store, stocking shelves, organizing product on shelf or in warehouse, cleaning up messes left by customers, talking to customers, offering retail advice to customers, offering mechanical advice to customers on products handled by our store (by our department specifically), collecting carts from parking lot, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, setting up / taking down displays, BBQ/patio furniture assembly, aisle reconstruction at seasonal changeover periods, and loading/unloading vehicles.

Gained insight into retail work. Learned to manage customers (often several at once).

Fellow employees were main reason for staying as long as I did. Work environment friendly, management fairly personable.

Hardest part of the job was staying helpful, polite, and attentive in front of customers who were decidedly not.

Most enjoyable part of the job was my fellow employees.
work
MERCHANDISER, WAREHOUSE, SALES CLERK (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 19, 2015
I absolutely loved doing what i did at work & the hours were greati took great pride in my job.Some Management and room for advancement not so great.Co-workers were amazing.as were the regular shoppers we had
Did not mind working for Canadian Tire
Cashier (Former Employee), brampton, ONJanuary 18, 2015
It was an okay job to have. I have had an experience to work for such a big corporation.
Fun place to work
Service Manager (Current Employee), Stettler, ABJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: fast paced, learn new skills
Cons: wages
Great work environment with a fun bunch of colleague..s always room to lean new skills
Productive, but not a fun workplace
Sales Associate - Sporting Goods (Current Employee), 2129 St. Clair Avenue WestJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: meeting great co-workers
Cons: long hours, bad management
Some management were very nice to work with and some on the other hand were...well...very rude and didn't engage with their employees very much.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working closely with my co-workers. I built relationships with them throughout the last 7.5 years and it has been fun.

The hardest part of the job would have to be working nights and then coming in mornings. Plus as a part-time worker your weekends are ruined because of work.
Fun, easy going workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Woodbridge, ONJanuary 15, 2015
- Typical day includes stocking shelves, and using team work throughout each work day
- Management puts trust in employees, not always watching over everyone
- Co-workers are considerate and easy to work with
- Hardest part of the job would be dealing with angry customers
- Most enjoyable part of the job are working with my co-workers.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2015
My manager was great and the work was good.
A typical day at work was making aisles and stocking products into the aisle.
I learned about using a scanner and how to read product names.
The hardest part of the job was that it was only a co-op experience and it didn't last long.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the positve work environment.
Good work environment
Service Manager (Former Employee), Queensway & 427, Toronto, And Bradford locationsJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: able to set my own hours as needed
Cons: sometimes the hours needed were long and consistent
Most days consisted of clients coming in for service and repairs, Dealing with employees concerns, Meeting with the dealer on how the department was advancing, Meeting with equipment manufacturers on our needs, Dealing with suppliers.

Most co-workers were friendly and interested.

I found the hardest part of the position to be scheduling employees hours.

The position was enjoyable
An unbelievable learning experience that brought out my greatest strengths
Senior Managerial Intern (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABJanuary 13, 2015
There was no typical day at work with this internship: every day hosted new challenges and learning experiences.

What I learned:
-the never-ending challenges of a big-box retail store, primarily customer service, merchandising, inventory constraints, employee and customer health and safety, and the cross-functional inputs and systems that contribute to ordering inventory
-unique pricing strategies based on historical data and what-if analysis (Excel)
-the importance of communication from lowest to highest levels of employees

Management: I was extremely fortunate to be mentored by not only Department and Senior Managers but also the Dealer of the store (Store 341 consistently records sales in the top 10th percentile of Canadian Tires nationwide)
Slow pace work but great staff
DJ Skagen (Current Employee), Ssm, ONJanuary 12, 2015
I am a cashier at Canadian Tire. I typically work at the mall entrance and provide customer service at that end. I scan customers items, call for and write rain checks, provide bag checks to ensure no unpaid merchandise leaves the store, sharpen skates, cut keys and sell hunting and fishing licenses. My co-workers are great people and we work well as a team. The hardest part of the job was to deal with the unhappy customers when an item they wanted was out of stock but I did my best to ensure they left with a solution to their problem. The rest of the job was moderately enjoyable.
Great starter job for the budding Mechanic
Oil and tire changer/Shipping and Recieveing (Former Employee), Casselman ONJanuary 9, 2015
Excellent learning and working environment for someone looking at a career as a mechanic. Very patient managers when first starting. Also can work in other departments to learn retail and inventory procedures to gain experience.
CT #349 & CT #35
Customer Service (Former Employee), Saint John & Fredericton, NBJanuary 7, 2015
dealt with customers and helped them with their issues and help customers decide which product to buy and why it is better then the cheaper version of that product. The management was extremely friendly and always there to help assist you if needed. The co-workers were always around if you needed an answer quick. the hardest part of the job i must say is not being able to return something and the customer gets angry. The most enjoyable part is when the elderly come in and make your day.
Very organized but not accommodating for student schedule
Hardware Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: break room always had free food, working indoors, very easy to deal with customers
Cons: unprofessional managers, hours were not flexible for school
A typical day at Canadian Tire involved lots of walking and talking to customers ; Helping them find any products they are looking for as well as how to use them. At the end of the day we would clean the store and organize all the products on the shelves. What I had learned from working there was how to talk to customers in a polite fashion and how to multi task between many jobs I would have to do. The co-workers were very friendly but the managers were a little unprofessional with the things that they would say in front of customers. I personally didn't find anything that was difficult while working there. The most enjoyable part of the job was mixing paints for customers because it was very interesting and I got to give honest opinions on what colours would go well together.
Educational Outdoor Retail
Horticultural assistant (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 7, 2015
You learn a LOT about plants at this job. Also gives you chance to work labour and retail sort of at the same time. The management is very kind and understand.
Productive company
Cashier (Current Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 7, 2015
You'll get motivated everyday. Teamwork is a must. They have a good management.
Great place for students to work
Sports/Hardware Clerk Merchandiser (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches, easy work
Cons: it's retail
Very friendly staff, and management, bought lunches (pizza, coffee) once a month.
Start out with stock, put out as much as possible, else go in overstock.
Check for low or out of stock facings and fill up from overstock.
Help customers with general inquiries and locate products, carry out if necessary (treadmill, pool, canoe, etc)
Fun place to work
Fill Crew (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: flexiable shifts/hours
A great place to work because of its friendly and helpful co-workers. Management team that are always willing to guide and assist in day to day duties.
I am willing to work and willing to learn.
Part Time Job in Canadian Tire (Current Employee), 2900 Major Mackenzie Dr. EastJanuary 3, 2015
Work in Canadian Tire three months. They teach me how to change tire and co-workers they are really nice. I am happy to work there. Good mood in work place is important.
Security is top concern
Order Picker (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: $14 hourly pay plus vacation and holiday pay, tim hortons inside
Cons: too hard to work in some areas(area 77 and 81) - back pain, work needs to be done swiftly
Great people to work with. They do have a labour tracking system for Order Picking Department which is the harder aspect of this job. That's why shipping and receiving departments are better to work for.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos