Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
opportunity
Manger of hardware department (Current Employee), kelownaAugust 9, 2014
anyone that wants to gain knowledge of the company is open to all
Good workplace overall
Hardware Clerk (Former Employee), Bracebridge, ONAugust 9, 2014
CT is good, it can be a fun place to work at and in comparison to other department stores, it takes care of its people the best.
busy busy work work work
Customer service (Former Employee), mississauga, onAugust 9, 2014
customer service
repair bicycles
sharpen skates
stocking shelf
merchandising
Good place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Cochrane, ABAugust 8, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: not enough hours in the day to get every thing done.
Customer service Good management Nice co-workers I learn customer service goes a long way. The hardest part of the job is that you can't always make all customer happy no matter how hard you try.the most enjoyable part of the job is when you do make a customer happy.
It is very nice to work with Canadian Tire Corp Ltd.
Order Picker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 7, 2014
Actually everything is good with Canadian Tire. Every body very nice and helping. My sickness forced me to leave them for the time, And I wanted to work in my area of expertise.
I would like to work with Canadian Tire Corp Limited of given a chance in my field.
Not bad place to work
Service Advisor (Former Employee), Lakeshore and LeslieAugust 5, 2014
Pros: cheap repairs
Cons: long hours
Opening the shop and parts department, checking to make sure the department was faced the night before. Writing up service work orders and coordinating the techs jobs. Cashing out customers when work was complete and totally daily sales.
incredible and amazing place to work for people interested in cars
automotive installer (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 4, 2014
I love working for this company because this is what i want to do in my future. My plan is to become a technician and this experience has given me an outlook of how is this job is the right decision for me.
I have learnt about general car maintenance and I'm looking forward to learn more about mechanics.
The hardest part of the job i think is the weather – more... because working on a hot engine during the summer is just as bad as working underneath a car dripping water from snow melting during the winter.
I think the most enjoyable part of my job is to learn something new every day. – less
Productive,
Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Mcmurray, AlbertaAugust 2, 2014
A typical day at Canadian Tire for is quiet simple. I clock in, and I enter the warehouse, I will either help receiving scan the truck, do the receiving paperwork, or scan totes, or even do puralator.
I have learned a lot in the last six years at Canadian Tire, especially in the last three. I have learned how to use the system we have very well and – more... quickly. Throughout the years I have learned to fix cash registers, self checks out, the printers when not printing.
There are time when I think my co-workers are great but there are a few who I believe should not still have a job or even be in management, but I do not believe in diminishing managements decisions, they believe that the promotion is better suited for this person then I need to believe that they are right.
The hardest part of my job is I would say is nothing because working at Canadian Tire is very repetitive it like a routine every day. But what is hard for me is being with a company for over six years and I believe that I have wasted all this time, because this Canadian Tire here in fort mcmurray will not promote someone who is in school, I believe I am being punished for furthering my education in a management field.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with the amazing people at this store, I may not believe in their position or their work ethic, but they are amazing people to work with, they are fun when needed, serious when needed, it can be a great environment to work in.
I just believe that it is time to move on and do something different, I believe that I have gained all the experience I can get from Canadian tire, as well as accomplish all that I can. – less
Complex Organization
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2014
Short-term contract as part of a systems implementation team for HFM. I've found the organization to be multi-faceted and provides many opportunities for its employees.
Learning all the different things the store could offer
Commerical Sales (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 28, 2014
I loved working at Canadian Tire I worked hard because I wanted to My coworkers were awesome . The hardest part of my day was having to go home before I was ready. I enjoyed everything about my job . Management were excellent. There was nothing bad about my job. The only reason I let was we moved to a new town.
Canadian tire review
Shelf stocker (Former Employee), Bridgewater nsJuly 28, 2014
It was a good first real job, it wasn't the best but not the worst
fun
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 26, 2014
Great place to work to interact with customers and co-workers.
An experience like no other!
Lead Merchandiser & Department(s) Head (Current Employee), Mount Forest, ONJuly 26, 2014
Over the past 3 years I've worked at the Canadian Tire in Mount Forest (Store #066), also known as one of the smallest stores in Canada! I've worked as a student in the Garden Center, Department Head of Housewares, Sports and Seasonal (yes, at the same time), and Lead Merchandiser. Since our store is so small, so is our staff. That being said the staff – more... has to be knowledgeable in multiple departments and trained to do cash, mix paint, bincap, operate the computer programs (including the "green screen"), and much more. Working in such a small building has allowed me to gain skills, in areas such as merchandising and customer service, that I may have not learned in a larger store. – less
it is good environment to work with
Customer Service /Cashier (Current Employee), lloydminster,abJuly 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: up and down work schedule
it is like you play while you work.it is always busy but at the same time everyday is a learning experience with different customers.the work environment is so nice,colleagues help one another and treat each other as part of 1 family and never felt any discrimination despite of our different races.the management are supportive and willing to listens – more... about our concerns and needs.the hardest part of the job is how to handle customers with an attitude but you still keep calm and try to understand them.the most enjoyable part is the learning that you get from different customers,being able to interact with different kind of people and sometimes gaining friends as you are serving them. – less
Oil changes tire rotation
Oil change and tire rotation (Former Employee), Hanmer, ONJuly 25, 2014
Pros: working with vehicles
Cons: wages
Daily I did oil changes and rotated tires. I learned how to do it faster. I enjoyed seeing different vehicles come in the shop and talking with new customers
Fun workplace
Warehouse Receiving Team (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2014
Pros: amazing crew, discounted price when you shop
Cons: management needs to be retrained for handling people / people skills
Typical day: set up the dock for receiving delivery, Ensure trucks are done in a timely manner, ensure stocks are complete

What i learned: learned some program and system on how to efficiently finish work on hand. how to utilize your crew strength

Co workers: My crew is fun to work with.

Hardest part: extensive labour

Most enjoyable: having fun – more... with my co workers while working. play some music to boost energy – less
Using AS400 SYNON & RPG, got experience of inventory control, and retail marketing
Programmer AS400/SYNON (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2014
The company has a well developed system. Most of the work is for maintenance and there is not a lot of new developments.
productive
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Lachute, QCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: boss was great to work with, enjoyed working there
Cons: no pay (just a stage )
- moved inventory around warehouse
-stock shelves
-organized shelves
-changed location of stock
Strict and disrespectful
Promotional Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milton, ONJuly 23, 2014
Cons: little pay, long hours, disrespectful environment
You are expected to get the job your assigned done in a time frame that is unrealistic. Your looked down upon by management and not given much respect. The pay does not reflect the work required of the worker and very little assistance is given to direct/instruct the worker as well.
Tire & Lube Technician
Tire & Lube Technician (Former Employee), Sault Ste MarieJuly 18, 2014
Install Tires
Repair Tires
General Fluid TopUps
Oil Changes

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos