Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,633 reviews matching the search
most people are nice
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bancroft, ONApril 13, 2016
Management needs improvement, they have favourites, most co-workers are great, not enough hours and they have favouritism, different departments get treated different.
Pros
like most of my co-workers
Cons
favouritism, and hours
great workplace to help with fulfillment and growth
Cash/Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa South, ONApril 12, 2016
it is a great place to work, there is a dynamic team of staff from various backgrounds. There is a lot to learn in any position and people willing to teach you. Customers can be difficult but there is always someone to lend a helping hand.
Pros
luncheons, people
Cons
I worked on cash and courtesy, which I loved. Working with the public is one of the things I like to do.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONApril 12, 2016
It was a busy place to work which made it fun. Worked on cash for a couple of years. I was then moved to the courtesy desk.

I got along well with management and my co-workers as well as the customers.
great cafateria
Bilingual CSR (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONApril 10, 2016
Loggin to your desk phone and all the apps that are given on your computer. Take calls typically for customer complaints and try to find a resolution to benefit everyone.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
customers can be rude
Fun place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 8, 2016
Great place to work! Very friendly environment, and I like the camaraderie of my co-workers. Management is awesome at this establishment. Merchandising is like working with a puzzle, and seeing how all the pieces just seem to come together, most enjoyable! The hardest part of this job is spending all day on my feet! Many days of tired, achy feet!
Pros
discounts on store products and services
Cons
all day on your feet
very productive and hands on
AUTOMOTIVE PARTS SALE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABApril 7, 2016
the staff was very friendly made me feel like family, taught me allot about customer service and taught me allot about vehicle parts and where they belong and also what vehicle they belong to.
not a bad experiance but poor management
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 6, 2016
overall Canadian tire wasn't the best place to work as the managers and a majority of the employees which worked there were very rude and did not care much for their co-workers or ethics. the best part of the job would have been dealing with the customers and outdoorsy equipment sold there.
Pros
being able to deal with and assist costumers when they needed help
Cons
very poor management, disrespectful employees
productive workplace
Overnight stocker, stocking shelves, overstock (Current Employee) –  Corner Brook, NLApril 6, 2016
At Canadian tire i worked on night shift processing freight , merchandising, cleaning the store etc.I learned how to do inventory merchandise and some computer skills.My manager is very organized and very knowledgeable when questions are asked.My co-workers are hardworking, friendly individuals very productive and knowledgeable.Hardest part of my job is when we get too much freight in sometimes it can be difficult to get all of our work done throughout the night.Over all,The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a friendly atmosphere and being able to work alone in my own department.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short break
Good place to work if you're a corporate lover
Web Designer (eLearning) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
A great place to work if you're into corporate culture. There are some fairly good benefits, but don't expect the greatest "competitive" salaries. CT boasts about 7.5 hr work days, but your days are 8.5 hrs long due to an hour unpaid lunch (not worth it imo). Management can be good or bad, depending on where you are. They struggle with getting rid of poor performers however.

I do love the flexible hours and being a part of a smaller department, which is fairly close-knit. They're continuously hiring younger people so it feels more like a young company and not so old-school. I love all the sports partnerships and the involvement in the community.
Pros
flexible hours, profit sharing
Cons
8.5 work day
fun and interesting group to work with
back parts (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 5, 2016
some parts of these positions have helped me expand my knowledge. lack of communication between employees and management makes things challenging
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
lack of advancement
Great place of work, friendly environment
Parts Associate/Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 5, 2016
High standard of customer service while juggling day to day tasks assigned from superiors. overall a great experience. teamwork is key while working at canadian tire.
a great place to work
Auto Parts Sales (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 5, 2016
I worked in the auto parts department and as a service adviser with duties of all aspects from being the tire expert to looking after most of the stores warranties problems
Pros
great people i worked with
Cons
wages
good place
Automotive Apprentice (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 5, 2016
it was a good place to be at nice staff good customers sometime the same and always nice friendly staff always nice good place to work
Pros
lots
Great company
Fraud Prevention Monitor (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 4, 2016
I have worked at Canadian Tire Bank for a little over two years. I am also a student and they have always worked around my schedule. My colleagues are great and is a very easy going environment compared to other call centers.
Pros
flexible
Productive and friendly environment to work in
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ONApril 4, 2016
Each day is very organized to maximize time and productivity. Friendly and eager management who share their knowledge and are patient with employees.
Fun Part-Time Job
Sports and Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dundas, OntApril 4, 2016
-Start your day by clocking in, do your daily tasks whether it be stocking shelves or setting up new displays, help customers and punch out
-Management is pretty good a mix of good and bad but its like that with every part-time job I feel
-The people you work with is what makes the job fun though, they are very welcoming and you laugh and have a good time while at work
-Like I said before the best part of your job is the people you work with
Disgusting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 3, 2016
Most unprofessional workplace ever, I worked as a cashier and my supervisor was disgusting, I would never go back there, my manager put my jacket on the floor because I didn't put it on the hangers. Very selfish workplace.
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
disgusting management
productive
Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 2, 2016
A typical day at work i would take a brief browse thru different aisles facing each product (making it look presentable and neat). i learned how to communicate better with customers and employees. The hardest part of my job is putting up with and providing service to angry customers. I have learned to handle it over time and now it is not a problem. The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying a customers needs.
Pros
Near home
Cons
No discounts
Great first job
Hardware Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 1, 2016
Great place to work as a student and as a first job. Not overly complicated and flexible for students working part time. Each Canadian tire is independently owned, so it may differ from this.
Pros
Flexible
Perfect starter job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of counting the money in the register, cashing through customers, and handling payments. Ive learned hands on experience with customers in terms of handling payments, change, and receipts.