Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible management
Team Project Manager (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 17, 2015
horrible management lack of communication no time management. doesn't know how to talk to other employees. Other managers have no team culture and isn't able to make you feel comfortable in the work place
Fun workplace where I can develop new skills with different jobs around the store
Cashier Lead/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 17, 2015
Often I work customer service, helping customers with their returns or other inquiries. Other days I work on the floor merchandising aisles based on a planogram that has been created by head office. I am always learning new skills in this job which keeps the job interesting.
Fun place with nice people
Systems\Citrix Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2015
My day to day duties were following the ticketing system and checking my servers or users if they have any issues, resolving all types of issues in the environment.

I learned alot from this job and i was also able to share my knowledge with my colleagues.

My manager and my colleagues were very friendly towards me.
Fun place to work met great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Upper James St HamiltonMarch 16, 2015
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Typical day at work would include doing the job required helping other when needed. What I learned was how to use different types of equipment such as pump truck hand price scanner. Co-workers were amazing got along with them and communicated with them. The hardest part of the job was probably trying to get there on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting great people everyday.
Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 14, 2015
Pros: discount on purchases in store after 500 hours of work
Cons: breaks should be longer/payed
Good workday, told exactly what to do, and you can learn a lot from this position, management is really good, co-workers are really nice and welcome new comers, hardest part about job is not enough breaks and breaks not payed/seperate from 8 hours shifts, most enjoyable part of job is unloading trucks
Loved the job! Miss it dearly
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 14, 2015
Management was very good and responsible. My coworkers were fantastic. My managers and co workers were so close and dear to me like a family, it was an amazing experience, and I was so sad to leave CTC. I worked long hours which is what I wanted, as well as I got to be trained to work many different positions throughout the store. There was never a dull moment.
Good place to work at with a great buying team
Analyst, Assortment Planning (Former Employee), Toronto,, OntarioMarch 12, 2015
good place to work at, different products, and vendors,
can try different roles, good team atmosphere.
good work life balance, great experience
good workplace
Sports Department Employee (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEMarch 12, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: nothing
i usually worked 5-9 which is a good shift. i learned a lot about how corporations like this worked. I also learned many things about the products we sold in all departments. overall it was a good place to work with good coworkers
Experience Gained
Parts Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2015
Canadian Tire gave me more experience to life/work history. The automotive section helped me learn a few this about the Ins and outs of cars small cool lessons here and there.
Everyday my customer services were put into play, helped me perfect an art form that should always be perfected.
The management gave me a totally new experience dealing with their personalities which i felt were more difficult than customers. I felt as though their everyday life stress exposed in their job, so i had to make the assessment to keep my composure intact. Understanding that some peoples minds work certain ways and some people just have bad days. Understanding that I easily complied, because its a virtue that you can't escape.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my coworker, from hear their experiences, to the small hand they lent to me in situations where i needed them. Helped make my day and my job easier on a daily basis.
Non stressful
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 9, 2015
Great place to work, very flexible, great co workers, management was very easy going. Working at the customer service desk I had some bad experiences with the customer's but overall it was a great place to work.
Minimum pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2015
Minimum pay and overload work all the time, you have to be responsible for 2 departments and many customers especially for sales days, the company do not raise any money to your payment for years and years
Working in retail takes a positive attitude
Customer Service Representative/ Head Cashier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 5, 2015
I work full time, 9 hour days. I enjoy working with the public, there is something to smile about each day!
I am given tasks and goals to reach every day and I feel I exceed these expectations.
Good place to work for.
Mechanical Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: talking to customers.
Cons: working saturdays
1. Every day I changed oil or rotated tires on customers vehicles.
2. I learned how to balance and change tires.
3. The management were very helpful.
4. The workers were helpful
5. Hardest part of the job was working on the weekend.
6. The enjoyable part was talking to customers about potential problems with their car if any should pop-up.
Productive and challenging position.
PROMOTIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCMarch 3, 2015
If you like to work - actually work - for a living, there is always something to do from the tedious to the more challenging aspects of retail work. Drawback are lousy customers and some poor management skills.
Steady company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 2, 2015
Canadian Tire is a steady company in a mature industry. Has a lot of opportunities for growth. Good experience to add to your resume.
A relaxed work environment
Senior Associate Business Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, OntarioMarch 1, 2015
Pros: relaxed work environment
Cons: long commute from ajax to oakville each day
My time with Canadian Tire was limited however my time with the company was enjoyable.

I had joined the newly launched Home Services division of the company from Sears Canada where I had a number of years of previous experience. It was great to be part of the team responsible for launching a new line of business for the company.
fun workplace
Cashier duties (Former Employee), Sylvan Lake, ABFebruary 27, 2015
I got to set up the store when it was being built and got to learn how to read planograms.
The staff was awesome and I enjoyed the job.
Typical Retail
Part-time sales associate (Former Employee), 7599 King George Hwy, Surrey, BC V3W 5A8February 25, 2015
Pros: 10% items.
Cons: inconsistent hours, incompetent upper management, uncompromising bosses.
There was no compromise with the higher staff.
Co-workers were supportive when they could be but everyone wanted to be there as little as possible and most people stayed because they hadn't gotten a new job yet. In the year I worked there almost the entire staff had changed to new faces.
Management went so far as to question why you had a day as N/A on availablility and wouldn't let people trade shifts under any circumstances. It went so far as a schedule was put up for when everyone could take their half hour break. 15 minute breaks were highly frowned upon.
If the General Manager felt like it, they literally would make up an excuse out of nowhere and cut shifts down on staff, even if it was during busy season.
Whenever anyone talked to the owner about concerned they would dismiss it and say staff had to work harder to "Help [them] keep they lifestyle they were accustomed to."
This completely spoilted retail for me and I'll only consider going into retail again if I'm completly desperate.
Fun workplace, great people
Cashier (Former Employee), Ancaster ONFebruary 25, 2015
I would normally go into work and be on cash (depending on the day from 4-8 hours)
Management was really awesome and I had some great co-workers
Basic hardware store retail environment
Manager, Parts (Current Employee), Victoria B.C.February 24, 2015
Pros: flexibility with schedule, staff association functions (i.e. bowling, lunches)
Cons: upper management and office staff
Working for Canadian Tire is a great opportunity to learn and push through challenges that you might not find in other workplaces. Also having a close team relationship allows everyone to enjoy their job and feel accomplishment at the end of a shift. As any retail manager dealing with difficult customers is one of the more challenging things to do, but with the returns and warranty manuals provided by Canadian Tire it makes those decision a lot more clear cut, not only for the employee but also the customer. I feel working for Canadian Tire has taught me many valuable real world lessons and given me experience that I will use for the rest of my life.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos