Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd
1,074 reviews

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun work place
Cash supervisor and office administrative duties (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 28, 2015
Repetitive work with enjoyable people.
I learned how to deal with work conflicts and how to manage emotions.
Admin was my favorite part with customer service.
Fun Environment
Cash Lead (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 27, 2015
fast paced environment, great staff! Extremely busy work setting with a lot of customers and typically always at customer service
I don't know everything you need me to.
Garden center associate (Former Employee), Kingston bath rd.April 25, 2015
easy going work environment. very relaxed, sometimes too relaxed that it doesnt feel like youre doing enough. hardest part of the job was trying to help cutsomers when you dont know about everything they want you to. it is assumed that we know everything there and i worked in garden center with no previous knowledge on the subject.
very stick on rules and low hours
House-wares associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 23, 2015
Pros: interaction with customers
Cons: no hours
i overall love working for candian tire but this pacific location do not treat the workers with proper respect deserved and don't give many hours.
Productive, fast pace and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: 1 Hour Lunches
Cons: Long Hours
The Hardest part of the job was closing the store. I would have to face all the aisles in my department which would take 45 minutes on a good day.
Minimum wage job
Night filler (Current Employee), Toronto,ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: indoor, work events
Cons: pay, location, management
little responsibility and little pay
inconstant goal with management
friendly coworkers
very short part-time employee turnover
not a lot of hours all year so a lot of employees had rto take second jobs
First workplace which allowed me to obtain a lot of retail experience
Cashier, Housewares and Garden Centre (Former Employee), Summerside, PEApril 20, 2015
A typical workday could range from 4 to 8 hours depending on your position. The job responsibilities of a cashier is to make sure your till is balanced at the end of the day and keep the line of customers moving. Working on the floor does require you to know a lot about the products you are selling in your department
Great store and even greater employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Midland, ONApril 19, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: Not enough hours per week
Great chance to explore customer services
Lots of experience gained from this job
Good first job
Patience needed for customers
Being bilingual came in handy with this job
Interesting experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Fun place, gets boring really quickly though. They hire on a program that takes money from the government. Took three months to get in there
Disorganized workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Tecumseh Road EastApril 16, 2015
Pros: getting to interact with customers
Cons: other workers which whom are rude, very disorganized and very diffcult to get a day off.
Very disorganized, management does not know how to run the place. New promotions and deals are never explained properly to workers. Not allowed to drink water which is against health and safety regulations.
Fun and productive workplace
Installer (Current Employee), Guelph, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Long break
Cons: Short hours
A typical day at work would be constant work orders that need to be completed on different vehicles and requires a fair bit of labor. I learned how to do oil changes, tires, inspection sheets and filling out work orders properly and efficiently. Management is excellent and co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job would be to keep up with the work orders on a really busy day. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be listening to the radio and talking briefly among co-workers.
Life experience
Warehouse/Fill Crew (Former Employee), ottawaApril 14, 2015
Pros: people are nice
Cons: Work is boring
This is a great place to learn and understand about life in Canada. Friendly and accepting co workers made me feel right at home.
Great work environment, low pay.
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good work environment, good management, employee events
Cons: Low pay, possibly low hours
The management is very good and not too stringent. Being a sales clerk here is great if you like helping customers and keeping a department clean and stocked. You are constantly moving around the store, helping with carry-outs, helping customers find what they need, and stocking/facing shelves. A nice trait is not having to deal with transactions what-so-ever. The job is great, however the pay is predictably low for base employees.
Canadian Tire
Customer service (Former Employee), WinnipegApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great Lunch Room, Undrestanding Management, and A Store GM that is willing to go "go to the walls" for you
Cons: Mot as many full time jobs anymore
Canadian tire was one of those jobs you don't enjoy leaving. The company had layed me off in Late December of last year, but I re-applied for new employment. They have a wonderful friendly staff, and a helpful working environment.
fun environment outside for the summer
Customer Service (Former Employee), Swift Current, SKApril 12, 2015
opened the store, set the plants outside and watered them.
would spend time watering plants helping customers with purchasing of trees and plants. I would also run the till and close the outdoor section of the store
Worked with some great people over the years.
Inventory Disposition Coordinator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 12, 2015
Pros: Great pay, great benefits, great colleagues.
Cons: I won't comment as that would mean calling out one individual and I choose not to do that.
A typical day was busy from start to finish. Usually skipped breaks and lunches to get the work done that needed to be completed. I didn't mind. I held many roles and volunteer roles over the years and enjoyed all but one. I didn't deal much with management as most of the roles I held I worked alone and was pretty self-sufficient. I had some awesome colleagues, some of which I am still friends with although I no longer work there. I won't comment on the hardest part of the job as that would mean calling out one individual and I choose not to do that. The most enjoyable part of the role was providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
A good place to work
Sales Person (part-time) (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABApril 11, 2015
My typical day at work would be working hard and learning new things everyday. Plus getting to know where the new products would go. I learned while at Canadian tire some new skills which are understanding where things go in housewares.My coworkers are somewhat helpful at times when its not as busy. The hardest part of this job would be having nothing to do when you supervisor task are done. The most enjoyable would be getting to know the customers needs and wants
Well organized products labelling
Cashier (Former Employee), Cambie, BCApril 10, 2015
Pros: Ones every month barbeque during summer and breakfast during winter
Greeting and helping customers
Product knowledge
Well organized
Co workers are well mannered had team work
the most difficult part is to deal with demanding angry customer
but the most enjoyable part of being a cashier is when you satisfy your customer and how they appreciate your help and exchanging shopping experience.
First job
Full-Time Cashier/ Team Leader (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 8, 2015
My first job was exciting and new. I started as a cashier and gained more opportunity throughout my time there. I worked as a team leader and as a garden centre lead as well.
great coworkers and support structure
Customer Service (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: community feel, great benefits and salary
Cons: varying hours, high call volume, limited call support
even though it was a call centre, there was great communication between coworkers and supervisors. Great support team dedicated to employee success and satisfaction

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos