Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Logistics
Logistics (Former Employee), Brampton. ONMay 14, 2015
Very fun but sometimes slow work environment with great people and good management. sometimes overtime as well on the weekends.
Great staff to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great Staff
Cons: Spotty hours at best
Every Canadian Tire is run a bit differently but the one thing that has stayed constant throughout my experience was the great staff that worked there. The staff generally got along well and supported each other in a variety of tasks. The typical day working at a Canadian Tire as a sales associate was mainly filled with providing exceptional customer service and ensuring the shelves were filled with product. Management would delegate tasks and keep the staff focused on priority tasks such as selling certain new products or fixing problem areas in the store. Furthermore, management made sure all staff were equipped to deal with the daily challenges that we faced on the floor and if there was a problem they would fix it as soon as possible. The hardest part of the job was dealing with very difficult customers that left you emotionally exhausted afterwards and trying to bounce back from said customer. Although difficult customers are exhausting I learned quite a bit of patience and learned how to let things go in order to keep working at optimal capacity. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was helping customers find exactly what they needed as their appreciation for your effort was a reward in itself.
Great experiance
Auto Shop Technician (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABMay 13, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: none
Great staff, good pay , okay benefits, and the learning experience was great. very multi-cultural and very hard working staff.
great company to work for
ߨ Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 13, 2015
Canadian Tire Corporation is a great place to work for. Coming from working at a store and going to work for head office has given me the opportunity to apply my knowledge from store level to the corporate world and helping stores across Canada with there day to day operations.
An Ok Start Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Paid 15 minute breaks, if you're a cashier you can work in garden center
Cons: If you work 40 hours you will be punished, expect you to drop whatever you're doing to come and work, very negative environment
My experience at Canadian Tire was not the best. I was a cashier and was always looking for hours. The managers are not the nicest some are but not all. I was punished for working too many hours.
horrible workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ON and Aylmer, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: learning experience
A typical day at work at the garden centre would be waiting around for customers with nothing to do most of the time, trying to stay busy by cleaning and organizing, I would get in trouble for leaving my station and then get in trouble for not doing anything because it was rarely busy at my station. My co-workers constantly complained about how under staffed the place always is and how they have a hard time helping customers because they are busy helping other customers or trying to get their work done before the end of the shift. My co-workers have told management this problem but they refuse to hire more people. They told me when I was being hired that It was permanent, full-time position and then fire me when they find out that I'm pregnant before my 3 month probation is over, meanwhile I'm getting all great feedback from everyone telling me Im catching on quickly and doing a great job. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers, because they actually appreciate you unlike the employers. During one summer I worked at the garden centre and had to work every single weekend, all weekend. When I asked if another girl could take my shift so that I could have one day of a weekend off so that I could take my daughter to the zoo, I had to beg for it off because the initial answer was no. Meanwhile, I was a good employee who came in for a shift when my manager forgot to set the schedule for the week, I figured she forgot to put it in the system, so being the good worker that I was, I came in just in case, the one manager said thank you and noticed my good deed, but the manager at the garden centre didn't acknowledge it. Moral of the story. I shop at home hardware now and home depot, and would never work for Canadian Tire again.
Overall okay
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 11, 2015
i worked for 1 1/2 years there and ended up making less then new starting cashiers. I talked to the manager about a raise they said they could bump me up to what the new people were making that was it soo i put in my 2 weeks.
alright place to work in
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABMay 11, 2015
it was alright. I worked in the garden center and was told that when it closed I could continue employment inside but when it came around to closing the garden Centre they told me otherwise. so I had to fight for my right to be inside working.
Fun place to be.
Cashier/Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 11, 2015
All the staff that were there at that time were great. There was always smiles, and laughs. Manager was easy going, and always willing to give you extra shifts.
Could be much better
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
An iconic organization - great people that truly want to get things done, however management is all over the place. Siloed operations result in duplicated efforts and often missed opportunities. Dealer channel that is resistant to change and ultimately have a bigger voice than the internal experts brought in to run the corp side.
A day at Canadian Tire
Cashier (Current Employee), London, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: computer errors
Working at Canadian Tire can be very exciting. My typical work day includes arriving at work with a positive attitude and ready to help customers to the best of my ability. I help customers on either a normal till, a self-checkout, or at the customer service desk. Each position has different benefits and difficulties but I can easily solve problems and make sure each customer is leaving our store with a smile on their face.
Flexibile hours and friendly workers
Production designer (Intern) (Current Employee), MiltonMay 10, 2015
Great place if you work freelance to work on your time with friendly members. Easy going and relaxed environment for a positive environment.
Fun place to work but Unorganized
Customer Service (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 8, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Unorganized
Organizing products or changing deal price tags, co-workers communicated well, management not as organized as they should be, hour allocation not spent wisely, helping customers very satisfying.
A fun place to wirk
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaMay 8, 2015
• Assisted and informed customers regarding merchandise, current, and upcoming sales
• Communicated with the manager regarding difficult situations
• Tracked the most recent promotions and offered customers savings opportunities
• Assisted customers with merchandise handling
• Assisted to manager’s requests for the use of physical energy in redesigning the layout of the store both internally and externally
• Operated machinery for the purposes of moving fixtures, trees, and merchandise in and around the store
• Was involved in projects which included working with co-workers or independently
• Responsible for checking receipts to make sure proper payment was made
• Had very good relations with customers, co-workers, supervisors, and managers
Good part-time job for students in school
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMay 7, 2015
As a student who just graduated from university I found that Canadian Tire was a great place to work during the school year. The reason being is because they provided good hours and were very flexible considering that I was in school.
Fun place to work in the summer
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 7, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts
Cons: Understaffed
Working at Canadian tire was a learning experience as I got to enhance my interpersonal skills. Job got very demanding during the peak hours, but other than it was a fun experience
Canadian Tire Great Experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: Learned A Lot
Cons: No cons
I really enjoyed working at Canadian Tire because it gave me a chance to learn about the style of their work. When I first started, i used to take care of the shopping carts. Then later on they moved me to the Automotive section because I had some knowledge in the Automotive Industry. I stopped working at Canadian Tire because I had problems with my family back at my country so I had to leave so I can help them. But when I came back I asked for a position at Canadian Tire but sadly the position was taken.
Tiring
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 6, 2015
Long hours of standing with no break. Cashiers weren't allowed no food nor drinks on registers. annoying customers and annoying management
Canadian Tire
Anon (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
Canadian Tire provides Canadians everything they need for life in Canada. Teams work hard and celebrate successes. Employees are helpful and supportive.
Learned about Claims
Cashier, and Parts Associate (Former Employee), Trenton, ONMay 6, 2015
At WalMart I learned how to be responsible for training new associates, shipped damaged material, claimed merchandise, processed paper, maintained communication and rapport with vendors for return authorizations, securely destroyed merchandise, processed claims, kept claims room at low inventory level.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos