Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 1,915 reviews matching the search
Your treated as a slave
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB20 September 2016
slave is all I can say they use you just to look good don't stand up to interviews after they get you in there to work we will just use him when time come we well let him go 1 month before before being with them for a year and wages
Pros
bad management
Cons
there are none
Great Staff to work with
Garden Centre Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 September 2016
Canadian Tire is a great place to work. I have had a great 10 career with CTC. I have met a lot of great co workers that developed into great friendships. Hours can be rough but it is no different from any other retail job.
Pros
Free Lunchs
Cons
Never know the schedule for the up coming week until the 2 days before it started
Great company to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2016
I worked part time at Canadain Tire as a cashier. I left for a full time job at Zellers. It was a great company to work for with great training programs and profit sharing.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
part time when I needed full time at that time
More opportunity to grow
Gatehouse operating clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 September 2016
Great morre opportunity to grow
The best part of the job its help yiu more to go up and level up yourself
And friendly surrounding
And learn to be part of the team
Pros
More benifits fir family
Cons
N/A
Good place
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT18 September 2016
Great place to work. Love Canadian tire. The co workers are the salt of the earth. Free lunches, great management, flexible ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!$$!$!!!!!!
Pros
Great benefits
Was not organied or ran fair at all
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON18 September 2016
Many last minute scheduling, not enough staff, lost of doubles worked back to back. Gossip was daily, shifts were also not distributed fairly, sinuosity didn't matter.
Good learning environment, bad management
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON18 September 2016
Fun and fast paced work, stocking, customer service. Unfortunately, abusive management at Espanola store mainly interested in the bottom line at employee's expense.
Pros
good starting point
Cons
Abusive management
need flexible schedule and be prepared to keep up
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 September 2016
It is what you make of it. If you can put in long hours and keep up to the fast pace then you can succeed. Customer interaction can be rewarding yet difficult.
Pros
good people
Cons
long hours, not a set schedule, weekends, evenings etc
Always a fun and safe environment to work.
customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON14 September 2016
Everyday I learn something new and interesting. I learn to work under pressure and complicated situations in customer service. The fun part is interacting with customer and helping them with their questions and problems.
Good starting point for anyone looking for a job
Receiver/Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB14 September 2016
Canadian tire was good, I enjoyed learning new things for my job. Such tips to speed on processing trucks, or new items that make everyone life easier. The staff is friendly and willing to help out if needed. Hardest part of my job would be processing huge trucks by myself when others were busy with customers.
Pros
Friendly staff, good vibe, fun workplace
Cons
Exhusting work.
Amazing Employer!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deep River, ON14 September 2016
I loved loved LOVED working for Canadian Tire. The management was awesome. My fellow employee were wonderful. The Company was really good to work for. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I immensely enjoyed dealing with the public on a daily basis. I would have stayed longer but I had to register for Maternity Leave.
Fun at times
Auto Parts Counter (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON13 September 2016
Canadian tire St. Thomas was a good place to work, staff was friendly most of the time but the management could be a lot better on how the treat their employees.
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 September 2016
Great work environment. The company seems to take very long to absorb employees working through employment agencies.

The people who do the hardest duties within the warehouse, just like most in Canada are the list paid, yet are do greater work loads and are more exposed to hazards.
Fun place to work, great team of people, productive and educational
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2016
A busy day at work was always guaranteed, I learned to deal with customers well and give people an easier shopping experience. The management was excellent and my co-workers were helpful, friendly and hard-working. The hardest part of the job was when the store was packed full of customers so it would be difficult to tend to every single person who needed help. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of being able to help a customer and seeing them walk away happy with the intended product and possibly more.
Pros
Flexible break times, free staff lunch or breakfast roughly once a month
Like Death warmed over
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 September 2016
Not a place you want to be employed.
As an auto mechanic working Flat Rate you will starve.
No cars come into the shop. Then management blame the techs on poor productivity.
When you only have the opportunity to work on 2 - 3 cars in a twelve hour shift you have no chance of making any money.
On a good "busy" week I was averaging 20 hrs pay in a 40+ hour work week.
Astonishingly Shameful Management
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC12 September 2016
I spent about 3 weeks of my life wasting away working for the imbeciles that manage the Port Coquitlam location. The management staff are some of the most annoying , uneducated stuck up , grumpy , old and revolting people ever !

This .... FILTH of management should all be sifted through and replaced .
They do not understand how to train employees as every staff member despised many of them. Nor do they follow their own company rules.

I would have rather spent my days spent in a cesspit than having to deal with the baffoons that work in said store .
Pros
Lowest staff members were cool
Cons
Management is revolting
productive and keep's you busy at all times
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON10 September 2016
A typical day at work is helping customers and pulling skids from the warehouse. If there are no skids then we usually fill empty shelves and clean up the store to make it look nice.
Good Company
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
It s a reliable company to work for.
the insurance is perfect as well as the work enviroment
this company good for doing as transitional job
good job but unfair manager
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 September 2016
Working at Canadian tire taught me a lot about working in an environment with a lot of products. I learned the importance of being familiar with the stores products and knowing how to help a customer to the best of my abilities. I also learned a lot about being organized, because of how my job meant that I'd be in the Warehouse of the Store often.
Pros
an enviroment that ran on team work
Cons
to many late shifts
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 September 2016
great place to work
very helpful when you has questions.

sometimes a lot of the items in the isles were missed place so when customers came up to the cash and the item is priced wrong the customer got upset
Pros
good staff
Cons
unorganized

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location