Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great workplace
Auto Service Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJune 3, 2015
If school didnt conflict with schedule, I would still be employed here. Great environment, positive coaching, supportive team
Low Pay, Long Hours, Angry Customers, Little Training
Automotive Tower Operator (Former Employee), Willowdale, ONJune 3, 2015
Pros: Laid back work environment
Cons: Angry Customers, Low Compensation, Little Training, No advancement, No Benefits, Paid Uniform
I'm writing this review to hopefully save someone's time and effort.

This is a place for teenagers to get part time hours, no more, no less.
Don't expect a career out of this, at best you're gaining experience if you have little or no previous job experience.

Employees come and go on a weekly basis. When they're busy, they hire a bunch of people, then get rid of them.

Compensation is inadequate. Automotive customers are usually angry and upset. Little actual training provided, just your usual pointless online training process.

No benefits even for Full Time Employees. At store 192, they offer a job then get you to sign up with a job recruiter agency and sign papers saying this agency found you the job. Now the government of Ontario is paying half of your salary for Canadian Tire.

Majority of the time your uniform is not even provided, it comes out of your pay.
very fun
Cashier and Merchandising (Former Employee), torontoJune 2, 2015
Pros: fun, nice environment, close to home, discount
Cons: uniform
i was a cashier mostly. this was my first job. all my co workers were around the same age and we all got along very well. i learned a lot about merchandising and organization.
Basic first job
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: Paid lunches
Cons: Poor wage, no positive work encouragement
Hard work, poor wage, grumpy co-workers. I learned patience, and that knowledge comes with making mistakes and listening to everyone's opinion.
Canadian Tire
(Parts Clerk) - Picton (Current Employee), Picton, ONMay 31, 2015
Pros: Great Work Place
Cons: No Hours
Arrive at work 8am. Would do the daily part drop off, phone shoppers to inform them parts are in. I learned all sorts of things as I am a good listener and interested in what I do. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people when in need.
A good place to work
Lube and tire technician (Current Employee), St. AlbertMay 30, 2015
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the amount of stupid people you have to deal with on a daily bases, other then that working at Canadian tire is very enjoyable.
enjoyable place to work
cashier (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMay 27, 2015
i was responsible for opening and closing the store. i worked 8 hour shifts and also worked on call. while on duty i was responsible for lottery sales, cigarette and phone card sales, cash back and canadian tire money rebates.i have dealt with power outages and debit machine outages in a responsible manner.
Busy environment that kept me on my toes
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
The typical day at work involved stocking shelves and assisting customers with their concerns. I gained valuable retail experience and learned about how large stores like Canadian Tire function. The management seemed fairly organized and responsible, and I had no issues with it. My coworkers were also helpful and patient while I was learning the ropes. The hardest part of the job was learning the vast amount of items throughout the store and their locations in order to guide customers more efficiently. That in turn was the most enjoyable part of the job as well, because seeing my improvement was rewarding.
great work environment
service writer (Former Employee), st.john's NLMay 27, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: shift work
Creating a good experience with customers making grudge purchases. For example: car repairs
Fantastic co-workers and meeting new people everyday
expectd better knowledge of car saftey
Lube Technician (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONMay 26, 2015
poorly trained lube techs left to handle cars with no supervisor or with no experienced techs around it really sucked. always had employees leaving
Parts Clerk
Parts Clerk (Former Employee), Hawkesbury, ONMay 25, 2015
Great boss, terrible management, everyone was miserable. Best part of the job, going home at the end of the day. Not much support for further knowledge aquirements. Left to fend for yourself.
Good pay, no home life
ACZ driver and store delivery (Current Employee), ONMay 25, 2015
I worked here for 6 months to collect money. Thats all its good for. for the amount of time youre away from your family, and the number of hours you work unpaid, its not worth anyones time
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Deliver both mail and couriers, then pick up both mail and couriers so they are ready for pick up. Worked in close contact with all employees and executives.
Very fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2015
A typical day at work includes dealing with returns, answering phones, answering questions, and helping customers to the best of my ability. Working as a customer service representative has taught me to multitask, work under pressure, deal with customers in the most appropriate way, always go the extra mile, and be honest and upfront. My co-workers are all truly amazing they are the ones who make work so much more fun. The most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling when I go the extra mile to help customers and hear them respond with "Now this is what I call customer service!"
Great place to work on social skills
Co-op Student / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable
Cons: Unexppected situationns
Working in a retail environment helped me out with social boundaries. I learned and managed to work with customers on a daily basis. Restocking shelves and helping out customer needs was my typical day.

Hardest part of the job was that occasionally there's a customer that would give even the smartest and most polite worker a hard time depending on the customers personality.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience i got from meeting all types of people that would walk in.
Great place to start working if you are in-experianced
Service Advisor (Current Employee), Bradford, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Friendly work environment
Cons: Pay scaling is not very good
Canadian Tire stores are all independently owned and operated so I cannot speak for every store out there but my store was a great place to learn about the automotive industry. I have learned a lot of great things from there, and I enjoyed majority of the staff that worked there.
Great
v Excellent team worker (Current Employee), Ottawa,ONMay 21, 2015
Fantastic working atmosphere with great people. I have learned how to work in a fast pace environment, to be a self starter and to always be on time.
Good place to start
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Fun staff
Cons: Poor management throughout company
Canadian Tire has a fun staff and the work environment is not stressful. The Job/Work life balance is not very lenient and the salary is not competitive. The management's innovative spirit could be improved.
installer (Former Employee), London, ONMay 21, 2015
Cons: equipment maintenance
Enjoyed working with a great bunch of people. In my opinion the management needs to take responsibility for things within their control not put the responsibility off on their employees. With disciplinary actions and injuries due to equipment failure being the result.
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee), MississaugaMay 20, 2015
Good company to work for. Very flexible and easy to work with for time off, etc.
Great management team. I worked extremely hard with this business to keep the store clean and functioning at its highest with the responsibility of the entire front cash end.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos