Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,352 reviews matching the search
great place to work
Head Cashier Assistant / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 March 2017
I loved working here they made me feel like I was family. They also gave me the experience to move up in the management. The best part about working there was all the customers you are able to help along the way.
Can Tre
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton Ontario28 March 2017
good manangemetn
great shifts
nice lunch room
air conditioned warehouse
top of the line saftey gear

Good benefits with full time jobs
Owner does not care of the well being of his staff
Automotive Service Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2017
Busy, if not doing oil changes, as an apprentice you will build tri-cycles and furniture for the store and not mechanically work as required for the Alberta apprenticeship standards. Management was very poor. Hardest part was trying to gain work experience for my trade while building things for the store and not working on vehicles.
Pros
Paid vaccation
Cons
Poor training
fun summer job
sports section and greenhouse (Former Employee) –  Albert, SK28 March 2017
Canadian Tire was great to work for but they deffinetly had a problem with having a vast majority of their crew not care abd were very disrespectful and didnt do their job. Or keeping women that were better at standing there looking good than picking up a reciept.
Pros
organized
Cons
staff careless
Great company
Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
Canadian Tire is a company with a rich history and a Canadian icon in the retail sector. It provides employees with great opportunities for advancement and offers many challenges to grow and help the community.
Pros
career advancement, great workplace, fantastic people
Cons
office location
good
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB27 March 2017
canadian tire is a great place to work if you enjoy customer service and getting to know people managers are great and treat employees well would work there again
work is work..
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 March 2017
Pros
Had great hours to work, made good money had a few colleagues to work with. Gained knowledge about the cash department working & the customer service.

Cons
Some of the people working here as part time are mostly in high school so it's hard to ask for any help. Like if you help someone by taking their particular shift as a favor but when you need help with your shift, they ignore it completely.
Some managers like to keep up there nose in everything you do & by chance if you make any mistakes, they complain to GM without giving proper suggestions to the employees.…

The employees should be trained properly by the respective managers.
Managers should interact with employees at the end and have a coordination. It goes same for GM too.
Pros
Pizza party in the lunchroom
Cons
stressful hours
A variety of employees that are kind as well as a friendly environment
Sports Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2017
I have learned to be patient with customers as well being empathetic towards them. Taking initiative in helping customers further is also enjoyable as well as a techniques that I learned. The management has also been supportive to not only me, but the entire store as well. There were days that customers' behaviour could be a bit aggravating, but management helps with review with you one on one with how the situation went and how it could have been dealt differently. The other enjoyable parts of the job is working with members of the department. Managers are friendly and often assist workers with projects. I also found it fun because of the diverse of culture in the store. You learn a lot from other workers which are diverse in you culture wise and mannerisms.
Pros
Fun environment to work in
Cons
An increase of pay or promotions are not as often
Great work environment
Tire Buster (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON27 March 2017
Everybody in the parts & service and the shop were always nice and willing to help you with any problems, always friendly. Only downfall is the lack of wage per hour.
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL27 March 2017
learnt lots throughout my 3.5 years in regards to retail operations/customer service
became familiar with certain retail software applications
created strong and professional relationships with customers
excellent team of workers
profit sharing available
Pros
hours, pay, customers, employees, benefits
Cons
nothing
Ok to work at this place but not recommend to stay long
Technician (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 March 2017
Low pay, unreasonable offer, Technician don't make money cause service counter slacking off, more duty than what you told to do

high come back, cause cheap parts
Pros
lunch time depends
Cons
always over time and not geting paid
Terrible Place To Work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Martensville, SK27 March 2017
I was employed with Canadian Tire for over a year, overall the only positive aspect I could take with me from my experience working at this company was that in customer service and the basics of the retail industry.
Scheduling and shifts were never consistent and the times would always change randomly without the minimum 24 hours notice. It was often expected that if short staffed you would stay to cover part of the next shift-up to 3 hours after already working an 8 hour shift, failing to comply with this demand would result in a write up.
Any raises and promotions that were discussed and promised in everyone's interview with each 3 months within the first year were never addressed after.
Management was very unaccommodating and requesting time off as far as a month in advance was never granted, even after being employed with them for a year. Favoritism was also a clear issue throughout the management team which made it very difficult to grow within the company.
It was expected that you were 15 minutes early for each shift and working on the floor-without pay, clocking in even a minute sooner than your original shift time would result in a write up, despite being on the floor working. Clocking in even a minute late would also result in a write up. Scheduling hours were also changed without any notice, Full-Time employees with families had their hours cut down to the same as high school students without any notice on more than one occasion.
Overall I would not recommend this workplace to anyone, if at all avoidable you should do just that.
Pros
Short Commute
Cons
Terrible Management, hours, cut hours with no notice, unorganized, negative work enviroment
great place
Parts Person (Current Employee) –  ON26 March 2017
great place to work, and an amazing team environment, lots of multitasking and job specific skills obtained quickly and on a continuing basis, always something new
A decent job to put your head down and work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB26 March 2017
Working here offers you minimal benefits as far as wages and discounts. During my year working here, I advanced from cashier to customer service rep, but received no additional compensation in pay. The increase in wages only occurs once a year in set increments. The tills and technology used on the job is behind its time making work days somewhat frustrating.
Workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK25 March 2017
It is a great place to work, they are on top of all their training. It is friendly. Very clean and organized! Would recommend to anyone that wants to work in a friendly environment.
Nice team members
Consolidator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 March 2017
Typical Work day just that everyday the team leaders approaches and said am sorry but shift ends in 4 hours. Do not expect to earn $200 a week the work is too limited.
Pros
Job is easy to understand
Cons
Low goal with too much employees. Only gets 4 hours shift. Disappointing
Fast paced environment
Floor Assistant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC23 March 2017
Negative environment, very physically demanding if you're part of the floor staff. Management is very willing to comply with any physical restrictions.
good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 March 2017
Good working place, exciting advantages and career advancements. would love to work again for Canadian tire in Montreal. it was a fun experience working as a sale associate there.
Over all it was great experience
Woked at ware house (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 March 2017
Let me start with the most enjoyable part of my job was I was learning something which I ever knew. Management was great.
I ended summer job there with good experience.
Pros
nothing
Cons
8 hours
Good and friendly staff..
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
For me working in this company is a great opportunity..Management have good team works. When visiting our store they noticed the cleanleness and easy to find products..
Cons
Free 2x 15 minutes break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.