Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 1,832 reviews matching the search
Canadian Tire Environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Canadian Tire North Lethbridge, ABApril 20, 2016
In the Canadian Tire family there are a lot of good fun people to be around, (co-workers) but then there is the management. The management here is terrible, they are awful people who only care about them selves and want to make everyone else's time here miserable. the typical day at work was not bad, everything goes smoothly when certain managers aren't in at the same time. I learned to be patient with customers and also co-workers. the hardest part of my job is trying to keep the managers (head Cashier and general manager) happy, to me there seems like your always doing something wrong or not enough. the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and co-workers.
Pros
Everything else
Cons
Head Cashier/ General Manager
A good learning environment that should be viewed as such and not a permanent employment
Service Installer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 26, 2016
The hours were well varied giving you a good amount of free time. The position offers you a good opportunity to learn about the automotive industry with friendly coworkers. The relationship with management is a little lacking for service installers, but the void is filled by the mechanics who are helpful and friendly. Advancement requires education so unless you get offered an apprenticeship position, your pay and your position will not change. At the end of the day it is what you sign up for, a minimum wage part time job that should be seen as a learning opportunity to progress you on your path to the career you desire.
Pros
Lunch hour (un-paid), good hours, lots to learn.
Cons
No advancement, distant management.
Fun, hard-working business
Salesclerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 14, 2016
Managing stock, sharpening skates during the winter months, providing information to the customer about the items in the locked cabinets, product labeling and identifying, inventory search and product display. Learned about how to find where the product is in storage via PKU/SKU codes, learned how to sharpen skates. Management was respectful and proactive with our understanding and the customer's understanding of the products in our department. Co-workers were inviting and respectful whilst working. Hardest part of the day was working with (sometimes) irate customers. Most enjoyable part was showing a customer a product that they don't know and explaining to them what the product does and how it can help them.
Pros
Respectful staff, entertaining environment, fascinating products
Cons
Energy consuming, constant multi-tasking.
Regret applying for this job
Shop labourer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 27, 2016
I didn't like the job overall because of the lack of training that they provided. I always felt pressure to be able to know everything with very minimal training. I couldn't give customers any feedback on products or assist them in finding a product because of the lack of training that was provided.
Pros
Learned basic things about cars
Cons
Poor training, management doesn't really care
Good company to get retail exposure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  sheppard ave E, Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2016
It is very good work environment
Only hours are less, mostly hire as part time employee.
Good training in store and online.
Cooperative Management
Pros
Staff discounts at store. Friday pizza party for staff involvement is good.
Cons
Usually hires as part time employee
Feels at home so much but very busy
Supervisor/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 24, 2016
Good management, kind and understanding. The best part of the job is, it is so busy that I didn't know that its time to go home. Its like a family to me.
Pros
free breakfast sometimes when we work so hard
Cons
my back is always sore at the end of the day sometimes
Productive and good work environment
Audit Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 23, 2016
Good work/Life balance and mutual respect for Co-workers
Long Hours required when there is a need
The enjoyable part is the team work with as well as getting to work with various functions and levels from associate to top level management.
Long commute to work.
Pros
Respect for Indiviual
Cons
Long commute
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 15, 2016
fun place to work and gain valuable work experience i operate lots of the equipment (forklifts genes) and great working environment the other employees are very helpful and kind.
Pros
free lunches on the 15 of the month
Cons
sometimes slightly unrealistic expectations
Five years experience in a retail store with a strong environmental awareness and a substantial part of a working team in a retail client base
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 13, 2016
*Processed payment by cash,debit, gift card and credit card
*Ability to make complex administrative decisions pertaining to policies and regulations
*Possesses leadership skills and capable of training newly hired cashier
*Upbeat and flexible to the needs of my co-workers
*Dealing with difficult customer
*Appreciating my work of every customers, my supervisors and co-workers
Pros
Barbeque and Christmas Party
Cons
Short hours
Poor management, bad pay, no advancements
Installer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 26, 2016
Worked at canadian tire for many years. They pay the bear minimum while making you pickup the pieces that management failed to collect. Had 2 shop foremen and one refused to be help to anyone and made others do his work for him all while taking in the hours. He gets paid the hourly guy gets paid. Win win right? Wrong. Not saying this is the corporations fault but its taking money from their own pocket when they're paying a person to work hourly while they also pay the technician the amount of time for the job. If you dont care about getting more than minimum wage and would like to be timed doing jobs, told how fast you have to work, be blamed for things you havent done, be critisized by a group of hypocrites, have to sign contracts to abide by their rules. Then by all means this is the job for you.
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
One awful shop foreman, tyrannic coworkers, poor management
productive and team building
Ware house staff (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 17, 2016
I had a very productive work environment. I learned skills in customer service and workplace interpersonal skills.
I perfected my time management skills during my time there.
I enjoyed the comaraderie of the team environment. I hope to further hone these skills with future employment.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
split shifts
Great experience, learned a lot
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2016
Learnt alot about Warehouse and the logistics of how everything works with warehouse, shipping receiving.
Worked with alot of good hardworking people who are always there to help, and great exercise throughout the day.
Pros
good hours
Cons
standing all day
Busy and productive workplace
Sports Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 30, 2016
A good place to work at during school. Learned a lot about the sports departments and products within sports. Coworkers were amazing people, all kind. The hardest part of the job would have to be the consistent demands of the customers. The most enjoyable part is that it was a laid back type of environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
Your treated as a slave
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, ABSeptember 20, 2016
slave is all I can say they use you just to look good don't stand up to interviews after they get you in there to work we will just use him when time come we well let him go 1 month before before being with them for a year and wages
Pros
bad management
Cons
there are none
A very productive job with great communication
seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMay 12, 2016
I enjoyed my days of work at Canadian Tire and always made sure to show up on time or even earlier. I am very flexible with my time and I got work done efficiently. I learned a lot about the products I dealt with for example "top soil" and "black earth". The management was very approachable and typically friendly to both customers and employees alike. There were many employees working at once to get jobs done before closing. People would alternate from working and going on break when they needed to. The hardest part of the job was a lot of the tedious heavy lifting of patio blocks but I got used to them over time. The most enjoyable part of the job is how welcome I felt to be there, most people enjoyed what they were doing and everyone worked hard.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch
Cons
Can get very stressful with a lot of customers
productive workplace
Overnight stocker, stocking shelves, overstock (Current Employee) –  Corner Brook, NLApril 6, 2016
At Canadian tire i worked on night shift processing freight , merchandising, cleaning the store etc.I learned how to do inventory merchandise and some computer skills.My manager is very organized and very knowledgeable when questions are asked.My co-workers are hardworking, friendly individuals very productive and knowledgeable.Hardest part of my job is when we get too much freight in sometimes it can be difficult to get all of our work done throughout the night.Over all,The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a friendly atmosphere and being able to work alone in my own department.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short break
Good place to work if you're a corporate lover
Web Designer (eLearning) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
A great place to work if you're into corporate culture. There are some fairly good benefits, but don't expect the greatest "competitive" salaries. CT boasts about 7.5 hr work days, but your days are 8.5 hrs long due to an hour unpaid lunch (not worth it imo). Management can be good or bad, depending on where you are. They struggle with getting rid of poor performers however.

I do love the flexible hours and being a part of a smaller department, which is fairly close-knit. They're continuously hiring younger people so it feels more like a young company and not so old-school. I love all the sports partnerships and the involvement in the community.
Pros
flexible hours, profit sharing
Cons
8.5 work day
Always a fun and safe environment to work.
customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONSeptember 14, 2016
Everyday I learn something new and interesting. I learn to work under pressure and complicated situations in customer service. The fun part is interacting with customer and helping them with their questions and problems.
not a bad experiance but poor management
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 6, 2016
overall Canadian tire wasn't the best place to work as the managers and a majority of the employees which worked there were very rude and did not care much for their co-workers or ethics. the best part of the job would have been dealing with the customers and outdoorsy equipment sold there.
Pros
being able to deal with and assist costumers when they needed help
Cons
very poor management, disrespectful employees
Fun Part-Time Job
Sports and Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dundas, OntApril 4, 2016
-Start your day by clocking in, do your daily tasks whether it be stocking shelves or setting up new displays, help customers and punch out
-Management is pretty good a mix of good and bad but its like that with every part-time job I feel
-The people you work with is what makes the job fun though, they are very welcoming and you laugh and have a good time while at work
-Like I said before the best part of your job is the people you work with

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location