Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A typical day at Canadian Tire
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMay 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches/dinners, christmas parties, resonable hours.
Cons: other co-workers calling in and leaving you stranded with lines full of customers.
All staff and management are not only polite and friendly inside work but also fun and easy going outside of work which made it easier to open up to them. It was my first "real" job, so I learned quite a bit about customer service and how the working world works. One of the hardest parts about this job was dealing with unhappy customers but it was easy – more... to keep calm and continue to stay professional and serve them. – less
sales audit
Sales Audit Associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 20, 2014
sales auditing,working with AS400 software. Good working conditions,not too busy.
Great company with amazing people
Automotive Service Advisor / CSR (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 16, 2014
Awesome workplace and an amazing group of people to work with and have fun with.
fast paced, strict deadlines
Promotional Team Member (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABMay 16, 2014
i enjoyed working as a valued member of the promo team. i worked eight hour shifts, unloaded truck stock and getting it to the shop floor. i had to set up visual displays and also provide excellent customer service.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Stephen, NBMay 15, 2014
Pros: hours were great, the people were easy to work with and enjoyed helping people
Cons: health benefits were not all that great.
I enjoyed working at Canadian Tire even if it was a short term job due to moving to Ontario. I enjoyed helping people with their product issues and just helping them find what they were looking for. They management there were very friendly. I got along with all team including management.
Lot's of customer interaction and very flexible hours.
Hardware Department Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: customer complaints/customer's being unreasonable
Typical day involves helping customers, stocking shelves and doing carry-outs. Can be a laid back environment at times but when the store is busy you will need to be attending to customer's needs. The hours are extremely flexible to the point of almost being able to choose your own hours and there is vacation pay, holidays, etc.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Greater Napanee, ONMay 9, 2014
Was a good environment to work in. Good way to build teamwork skills
solo work
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 8, 2014
Work when I want, can take breaks throughout. management is great!
WAREHOUSE STAFFER
Fill Crew & Warehouse (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NSMay 8, 2014
unloaded trucks and helped customers with large items to there cars or trucks. store is really understaffed
being a stock person is okay work
Filler (Former Employee), regina, saskMay 7, 2014
Pros: social commity
Cons: didnt get any further than a stock person
I enjoyed working at Canadian Tire for a while but I wasn't going anywhere and there weren't enough raises
Good Company, No day is ever the same.
Hardware Associate (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMay 7, 2014
It was a great experience working for Canadian Tire. The hardest part of the job would be the carry outs for the large tool chests.
5 OUT OF 5
MAIN RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), ToronotMay 6, 2014
Pros: meeitng people
Cons: no cons
Checking in visitors and giving tag.
Great family friendly environment
Co-workers very helpful.
Was not a hard job I enjoyed it.
Meeting people and helping them.
Hard working and love to listening music
cashier/ Attendant (Current Employee), Scarborough,onMay 5, 2014
I remember that day when i had work 12 hours constantly without having any long break and that day was really busy but i learned from the day if you are totally put your all efforts then no need to take break. management and my co-workers are also good and help me in every difficult time. As per my side i never fill anything hard if you get trained – more... well then no need to worry. – less
This is an old and proud Canadian company.
Planogram Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: the investment/profit sharing plan that this company offers is excellent.
Cons: it's sometimes difficult to advance unless you know someone in the department you are interested in.
A strong company with great benefits and employee perks, and overall a family oriented atmosphere.
great shifts and flexible
GAS STATION BAR ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 5, 2014
working in a gas station is a great experience for any customer service. i met different customers everyday with different way of thinking, and i had to reach and understand how they think in seconds. worked with a lot of cash during my shift and people get really upset when the price of the gas go higher. As the gas station cashier i had to understand – more... that and act kindly with it to show my support and understanding to the customer. most of the gas stations have a poor managing system, where workers dont have a lot of rights. – less
Terrible Managment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Humboldt, SKMay 5, 2014
Pros: tim hortons is right across the parking lot
The Managers at Canadian Tire are not friendly at all. They snap on you randomly and do not listen to their co-workers.
Productiv, hard working and responsible
sales person Canadian Tire 2012 to January 2013 (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 3, 2014
I really love to have connection with people.
I am a team worker.
I am a hard worker and I don't mind stay longer if my task is not finished
I focus on my target and always try to get it.
Fun place to work.
Warehouse Person (Former Employee), Dalhousie, Calgary, AlbertaMay 3, 2014
Cons: not enough work to keep me there.
I enjoyed working at Canadian Tire. The hours were great, the people were great. I liked my boss. I am sorry that they did not need me there anymore. I really miss it.
Convenient at this time
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee), TrentonMay 3, 2014
Does not offer a consistent pay rate. Does not offer benefits or health plan that is affordable. Lack of promotions or recognition for jobs well done. Management is lacking.
A wonderful place to learn and grow with outstanding people
Supervisor (Former Employee), Regina, SKMay 2, 2014
The best job of my life as it was also my first, it gave me a real understanding of the working world and what it was to do all maner of things.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos