Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
me like
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 29, 2014
fun and chill work. The only negative things about this company are the people you work with. Too much drama for me.
Nice, steady work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: heater always broke... fort mcmurray is cold.
I actually rather liked working there.

I started out just as anyone else in the warehouse doing manual labour and basically making sure everything would get done in time. However, during my last 6 months I took on more of an "inventory management" type of job keeping track of what had, or hadn't been received. Both were very different and enjoyable – more... for different reasons.

I wouldn't have left if I hadn't moved to Red Deer. – less
fun work while dealing with customers of different characters
Part time Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: gets slow when after christmas and summer
there is strict and discipline management. i like it though for the fact that it helps me grow more.
Slightly Unprofessional Workplace
Renovation Crew (Former Employee), Trenton, OntarioJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: odd shift start times
After being hired I was not told a start date, I had to call numerous times to figure out what day my position was to begin. A group of us got hired for the same start date, none of us were given uniform requirements so we all showed up in different outfits and did not look like employees.
We were not actual Canadian Tire employees, we were a hired – more... contract group to complete a renovation of the store.
Other than the 10 minute meeting every morning at the beginning of our shift we were completely unsupervised which caused a lot of the group to work slowly and be inefficient. The hardest part of the job was to complete our tasks efficiently because we never had the proper equipment to complete the tasks and would often have to wait numerous days for the equipment to arrive. – less
good job and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Smithers, BCJanuary 27, 2014
loved the customers go to meet a lot of the town

and I got nominated for the customer service award, although I didn't win was just good to know the town loved my smile and attitude that much to nominate me.
learnt allot about the automotive industry
Industry Apprenticeship Program (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 27, 2014
did my work experience there for my first year automotive was good place to work did tires and oil changes
Great place
General labour (Former Employee), Brampton, ontarioJanuary 27, 2014
What I learned from this job is how to drive a center rider machine which was very useful. My co workers, and supervisors were great and I enjoyed going into work everyday.
Productive Industrial environment, Cultured Environment
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: in house cafeteria
Cons: long hours
Moderate to busy work days
learned new receiving methods
management gave clear instruction and assistance
co workers were friendly and worked well together
some of the receiving methods could be complex
working with forklifts and counterbalance was always cool
Nice people, learned a lot
Merchandise Payment Representative (Current Employee), Oakville, OntarioJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: nice people, fun place to work
Cons: position was contract
I worked several different positions with Canadian Tire and had the opportunity to learn the different jobs. It was a fun place to work and my co-workers and management were all very nice.
typical big canadian company
Analyst (Current Employee), torontoJanuary 25, 2014
good work life balance
low pay, great benefits
job mostly secure unless the CEO decides to report a higher EPS next quarter
management is what you can expect in a big company, old fashioned, slow, bureaucratic
job culture - ppl are generally nice. a hole get pushed out in this culture, unless they are your boss. lots of lifers. great if you look for – more... good owrk life balance. not if you want to have a quick promotion – less
not bad
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Goderich, OnJanuary 24, 2014
Its a typical gas station job, not good not bad. Management can be mean sometimes. Other staff members are fun to be around though
Productive Place to Work
Part-time employee (Current Employee), Milton, ONJanuary 23, 2014
A typical day will include putting out products onto sales floor from warehouse, maintaining store cleanliness, and great customer service. I learned that Presentation and Perception of the Customer is important.
A fun workplace
CO-OP Student (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 22, 2014
I did had fun working at Canadian Tire and working with the employes.
...
Automotive Service Technician Apprentice (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Sometimes busy, sometimes not, the floor cleaning machine was over used at times.
customer service
Customer Service Representative/Stocker (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 19, 2014
helping customers
management was poor( one good manager out of 5)
work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Caledonia, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: its a pay check
Cons: un stable
The overall work is fine, if you do not mind hard work. Most co- workers are excellent. The management team is never on the same page. The pay rate for the floor team is beyond sad, they are the hardest workers and are there for the customers and make below the poverty level, These people should be paid what they are worth. There is a low level of respect – more... from the management team for these workers . Communication and complaints to the store manager are impossible due to the fact he is married to the office manager and most problems involve her. There is much favoritism amongst the staff and rules are not applied the same to all. Corporation has no idea what dealing go on in this store as neither the Dealer as he is not approachable and much is hidden from him by the store manager – less
productive everyone knew there stuff
Automotive Service Technician (OYAP) (Former Employee), missisuagaJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
all the mechanics helped me alot and teached me everything they knew.
good place
Customer Services Rep (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: good customers
Cons: bad hours
this is a good place to work lots of expiernce gained. lots of fun. lots of learning
Fast productive environment. Friendly co-workers and staff.
Parts/Auto/Receiving (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2014
A day in receiving is unloading trucks. A fast paced environment working with co-workers as a team to unload truck in an efficient manner and pace. Always learning to work more efficiently by having an open minded to others suggestions. A very hard working management team makes it easier to work.
Low pay, high stress
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Langford, BCJanuary 15, 2014
I enjoyed working for Canadian Tire because of all of my amazing co-workers! unfortunately beyond that I can not recommend it. The pay/salary is low and because of the small staff team the stress levels are always high.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos