Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,575 reviews matching the search
lots of vending machines
tugger driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 10, 2016
it was a lively place with many different races of people, i got a bit cold in the winder but it was okay. the workers are all nice and are willing to teach you new things.
Pros
tim hortons inside the building
Cons
you had to do a 10 min walk for the street to get in
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
It is a pleasant place to work and there is job security.
The management are well trained and polite to there subject.
good salaries and well behaved people.
They reduce your hours specially if u are black.
They prefers Philipino's to get more hrs.
Pros
non-toxic place to work
Cons
reduce hours some times.
A great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 9, 2016
Its a fun place to work. As with all retail job you must enjoy interacting with the public, Which I did. Employee discounts are great to have.
Responsible Work
Cash Office Manager/Balancer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2016
On a typical day I start off with balancing all the cashier floats from the previous day, finding out any shortages or overage and then depositing the cash and cheques in the bank. All the credit card transactions are then reviewed and balanced along with debit transactions, vouchers, coupons etc. Finally, all the figures are logged into the system. The day is the concluded with all the filing, documenting and any necessary ordering of office supplies.
I was fortunate to have a good workplace relationship with my management and co workers which not only helped me do my job better, but also made my daily work more enjoyable.There of course would be an occasional co-worker who would be rude to me which would be a little hard on me sometimes , but there is little you can do about that but forgive.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Working at Canadian Tire is not an enlightening experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
I always gave my best efforts to please a customer and fulfill their needs. I learned there are many different types of people, some with knowledge about what they need and how to use a product, others with very little experience needing my assistance and advise. There are too many managers and not enough sales staff. I was able to train new staff, showing them the proper means of connecting with a customer. The hardest part of the job is trying to balance between your life and the hours you work. There is no set schedule and you were never sure when your shifts were. I enjoy working with customers to make sure they have everything they need for a project and the knowledge to perform the tasks involved.
Pros
Company Profit Sharing
Cons
Long hours with irregular shifts.
great place
Part Time Cashier & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
A great place to work at with amazing people and a fun atmosphere. you will never be bored at this canadian tire as there is lots for you to do.
Excellent Place to work, among top 100 Canadian employers. However, progression opportunities are low.
Consultant, Internal Audit (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
Great culture, competitive remuneration packages, growing organization, great leadership. Work life balance can be challenging, growth prospects are very slow.
Great work place, terrible owner.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
The job itself was great. My direct manager was very good at running the shop, and working around the staffs busy lives. Everyone got the hours they needed. He was always held back from offering what he wanted to for his staff because of the owner. The owner only cared for his bottom line and not anyone who worked for him or his customers. We raised customer retention while I was there. We also ran a more honest shop, not pushing services our customers didn't always need, which kept them happier and returning and more trusting of our operation.
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Terrible Owner.
Not many opportunities for advancement.
Customer Service/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2016
There are few opportunities for advancement. The managment does not communicate with fellow employees. There is a lot of confusion and misunderstandings regarding work related issues.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
No advancement
Service Writer, Automotive Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 3, 2016
Busy and Great place to work. Great staff and management. Very Flexible hours. Lots of people willing to teach and offer advice.
dealing with customers everyday and filling stock at the shelves. I learned more about dealing with customers and handling situations the management a
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, ABMarch 3, 2016
dealing with customers everyday and filling stock at the shelves.
I learned more about dealing with customers and handling situations
the management are all good, organized and proffesionals
My co- workers are all nice and helpful
the hardest part of the job is when the customer have their problems regarding their home that which also them cannot explain to us thats why we cannot give exact answer and then they get mad.
The most enjoyable part is when you deal with different kind of people and learned something new everyday inside the stores with the help of co-workers and managers.
Pros
we have every other weekend off
Cons
i only have few hours
fun work place
Cashier/Information kiosk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 1, 2016
Enjoyed work, looked forword to it,it's is like a family,learnt and have acquired many skills,co-worker may you feel at ease their always willing to give a helping hand,managers are understanding to tour needs,
Pros
family oriantated
Cons
hour cutbacks
I was Happy Overall
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, ABMarch 1, 2016
my typical day was making my department look good and see to the customers.I also saw to the needs of customers at the paint department
Good job for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ONMarch 1, 2016
Canadian Tire is a good place for student employment, it is not something to make a career out of. As a student working there you will be piled with shifts, you will be taken advantage of by other employees, there is no possibility of advancing to a higher position. But this all just describes one store. Every store is owned by a different Dealer who has a different set of rules and runs their store in a different way.
Pros
Using the shop
Cons
Unpleasant employees
Amazing Bosses
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABFebruary 29, 2016
The job was fairly easy but always busy. Friendly customers and very understanding bosses that work with you whenever you need it.
Ctc
Hardware Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Great exsperience
Fast pace
Working with customers up selling quality products
Add on products to get the job done
Deligating workers to do the upmost with a friendly atitude
Being organized- highly efficient
The ability to follow detailed instructions
Clean and efficient keeping areas tidy to customers
Working with staff members in a respectful manner
Ordering and inventory counts
Price changes
Pros
HAPPY CUSTOMERS
Cons
GRUMPY CUSTOMERS
good and honest work much expierence gained for future jobs
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 25, 2016
good days and learned a lot on the job. learned to work an rf scanner and to give out rain checks. co workers always smiling and always positive vibes when there. no hard parts about the job best part about job is interacting with the customers
It was a fun learning,hard working experance any
Parts Supervisor/Service Writer/Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 25, 2016
My time with Canadian Tire was a good learning tool for the things that I learned as in if you use the tools that you have in order to make the customer happy will give you not only the sale but full customer service and a return customer. As management it is important to show what is required and how to make the customer happy and how to use the tools that you have in order to help make that customer a return customer. The hardest part of the job is after you have tried every thing to make the customer happy and were unable to is hard but the customer still thanks you for your time for they know that you have tried every thing. and still leave satisfied for you tried.
Pros
Working wit customers
Cons
Unable to get the customer what they need
what i have learned
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 23, 2016
i have learned many technical skills while working in this company . This company teaches me about impletation of technical theory into practical work.While working here , i enjoyrd to work in a plant and see that how a machine will do work with our programming.
CTC 446 Bradford
Licensed Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  430 Holland St W. Bradford ONFebruary 23, 2016
We are a flat rate shop. Everyday is different. We have a great team which is slowly breaking up unfortunately. I am always learning something new which i love. I try to keep as up to date with this changing industry as i can.