Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive
Parts Manager (Former Employee), Brandon, MBSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: co workers and customers
Cons: weird hours and communication
Not a bad word to say. Training was a issue though. Myself the schedule was okay but when full time people were given split shifts it made me think. When they stopped training me it made me think.

I was a retail animal. Loved the culture at the Tire but I need to keep learning. A day in the front lines in retail is a real teacher. Yet after many years – more... it is same old. When as a manager I found a real keeper for my department they took him/her away to another area.

The trainer( me) was no longer being trained. Good staff were taken away. Great for the company less so for us left. – less
Learning new things every day.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Whitby, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great work enviornment
Cons: not all customers happy with the cost of repairs.
Always new challenges & things to learn with this job. Rewarding when you are able to fix a vehicle & have happy customers.
Hardware Paint and Tools
Customer Service/Cashier/Self (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Opening is purging the paint machine, check for work notes, change garbage's if not done from previous night. Make sure paint machine is ready to run. Depending on the day, Aisle maintenance, job list to be done. Price changes, and customer service for every customer.

I learned alot about different paints, when to and not to paint. About staining decks, – more... etc.

Most enjoyable part was dealing with the customers, helping them... giving ideas or possibly turning their negative into a positive shopping experience. I enjoy working with the public. – less
enjoyable
Parts Floor personell, Service advisor (Current Employee), Bolton, OnSeptember 3, 2014
stocking shelves and helping customers find what they are looking for.
Calling different companies to source out different parts and other items for vehicles.
ordering parts and invoicing customers for the items.
starting, updating and closing work orders
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the customer leaves happy with the service that – more... I have provided and that he or she will return.
Co-workers are great to work with. many different cultural backgrounds but easy to get along with – less
Friendly atmosphere, caring employees, benefits for over achieving.
Cashier (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 3, 2014
meet new people, socialize with customers, breaks were a little unreasonable, some co-workers were mean. They would have a special lunch on major holidays for the entire staff. that was the best part about the job.
Carrying out small tasks instructed by managers and learning new skills in the process
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 2, 2014
I needed to carry small tasks dealing with products on a daily bases. I have learned alot of important things such as some very important marketing skills which are use to attract costomers. the management was very stable and the managers were very well informed of the workplace. Furthermore, Managers all had great communication, leading and problem – more... solving skills. My co-workers were very well understanding and had possitive attitude. The hardest part of the job was sometimes reporting a concern to the managers because they would always be busy with very important tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing a costomer survice and being able to help. – less
Sales Rep
Sales Reprehensive (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: long hours
help customers on the floors find every and anything they needed in the store also helped remodel the new store opening.
Fun Place
Service man (Former Employee), Cremazie, MontrealAugust 28, 2014
Everybody is cool.Good staff.Fun place to work.Boss is cool aswell
Please refer to Resume
Sales Associate (full-time) (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKAugust 25, 2014
Kindly note that all details of the job are posted on my resume. Canadian tire was an awesome company to work for. Great benefits, profit sharing, etc. It was definitely a positive learning experience.
No comment
Service Adviser (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 25, 2014
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: low salary
No comment, it is not important, I work there, I have friends there and the atmosphere is mostly positive, it is better then working at Wal mart and worst then working at Steinberg, and that and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee
Have a nice day
Canadian tire
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 22, 2014
At first I worked as a cashier, I have learned the basic responsibilities for being a cashier. After months I got changed to a department on the floor, Promotions. I preferred this position because I was able to . move around and interact with customers, instead of standing in one spot for most of the day. Working in promotions allowed me to develop – more... work independently as well as in groups. As well as developing a sense of self discipline because with promotions my boss, he did not always tell me what needed to be done. I'd have to say I enjoyed working with old management before the switch to the new owner of the Canadian tire I was employed at, due the fact that I was able to actually get work done, work at my own pace and receive decent hours. What I dislike with the new management are the changes to promotions and the inconsistency with the management. Overall I enjoyed working with my co-workers, but at the same time i want to expand my work experience to jobs that could help me in my future career. – less
A great company to work for.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 20, 2014
I enjoyed 10 years working at Canadian Tire with a great group of people.
Fun Work place But Terrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 16, 2014
Pros: fun work palce, good hourly pay for retail.
Cons: terrible management, unorganized warehouse and broken equipment.
A great Starting place for Retail, fun working environment. Learned to deal with Nasty customers better since there were always some rude Customers, Learned only a little not much, already knew most of it.
Terrible Management, received little to no training, Managers don't help when you need it, even if you call them a hundred times on the radio, only – more... some times they come to your aid, they are either standing around at the back warehouse talking or upstairs in their office.
Terrible Warehouse, Little organization and really messy. One of the hardest part of the job was going to the back to look for any item, it takes most of your time to even find the right place.
Broken/No equipments, makes job Harder. – less
fast environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 12, 2014
Hours were okay, you got to move around, there was drama due to all girls working up front they like to talk, but they were nice, just a little drama followed management is poor.
opportunity
Manger of hardware department (Current Employee), kelownaAugust 9, 2014
anyone that wants to gain knowledge of the company is open to all
Good workplace overall
Hardware Clerk (Former Employee), Bracebridge, ONAugust 9, 2014
CT is good, it can be a fun place to work at and in comparison to other department stores, it takes care of its people the best.
busy busy work work work
Customer service (Former Employee), mississauga, onAugust 9, 2014
customer service
repair bicycles
sharpen skates
stocking shelf
merchandising
Good place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Cochrane, ABAugust 8, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: not enough hours in the day to get every thing done.
Customer service Good management Nice co-workers I learn customer service goes a long way. The hardest part of the job is that you can't always make all customer happy no matter how hard you try.the most enjoyable part of the job is when you do make a customer happy.
It is very nice to work with Canadian Tire Corp Ltd.
Order Picker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 7, 2014
Actually everything is good with Canadian Tire. Every body very nice and helping. My sickness forced me to leave them for the time, And I wanted to work in my area of expertise.
I would like to work with Canadian Tire Corp Limited of given a chance in my field.
Not bad place to work
Service Advisor (Former Employee), Lakeshore and LeslieAugust 5, 2014
Pros: cheap repairs
Cons: long hours
Opening the shop and parts department, checking to make sure the department was faced the night before. Writing up service work orders and coordinating the techs jobs. Cashing out customers when work was complete and totally daily sales.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos