Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,118 reviews matching the search
Not Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2016
The scheduling was all over the place, bad managers, horrible hours, inadequate training, people were always quitting which meant more new people were coming in that had to be trained which slowed business down a lot. Not a very nice place to work and was horribly run.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad managers, horrible scheduling
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NS18 August 2016
Your daily routine depends on your shift, but is very well laid out. I have learned many things regarding customer service and consumers. At present, I have learned many things regarding the hardware department, cash and look forward to learning more.

All of my co-workers are great to work with. They are pleasant and always willing to help out.

The hardest part of my job are the physical requirements. The most enjoyable parts of my job include helping people, always having the opportunity to learn more, being responsible for your own department, working with great people, always having the opportunity to move forward and being compensated for your advancements.
company was descent to work for
stock person (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VI27 December 2016
the company was a great to work for. the other looked up to me because of my vast knowledge of a wide variety of things in every department. I did not mind working 6 days a week though for the amount of work and extras I used to do the pay did not equal out. the owner did not like to pay people for their hard work any more than he had to.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
top management truly shows their greed
work load is realy high
Capacity planning (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2016
I really like the culture, how ever the work load is high some times I had to work til late after work at home. Average salary rate, good benefits like discounts.
Canadian Tire Review
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2017
What I do at Canadian Tire, I worked as a seasonal associate my duties is to help customers, restock goods finding their aisle's homes, label the prices, clean up my area, use the phone to contact the co-workers, managers also pick up the phone from customers , co-workers and managers calling. I use the scanner to check the price and information if there any stock avaliable or discountinued. On the end of my shift I do a cart run, double check no one is left in the store, face and put away the stocks in the right home. Overall it was ok. I recommand this job for part time short term only.
managers were equipped to teach well and good to work for.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 February 2017
A typical day can change be busy or not as.
Learned how to communicate with various people. Learn where things are in a store.
Management treated their staff fairly.
Hardest part if whole day was totally busy.
Staff and customers . Christmas Party.
Staff were very good at teaching
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
none enjoyed going to work
not fun at all
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
typical day is being constantly yelled at and told its the wrong way with no help management is lacking no care for employees health or saftey and not willing to help when an employee is struggling completly backwards place to work with shady condition and all managers are shady
Pros
free lunch once a month
Cons
shady managment that dont care about you and theyll even tell you that
Good first job. Lots of experience. Showed me I want more from a job though
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS8 February 2017
A typical day at work is standing behind a counter for 8 hours. You get a few regular customers each day which is nice. I learned that you can't let certain customers get to you. They will get mad at you, most of the time, because they are having a bad day. The department managers are amazing. They are very helpful but the general manager and owners are the complete opposite. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the familiar faces and the other co-workers.
Pros
Breaks and lunches every two hours
Cons
Long days
Excellent work environment, poor management
Cashier/ Front-End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2016
Whilst my schedule fluctuated, a typical day at work went by fairly easily as the working environment was very welcoming and social. Communicating with the customers as I rang them through quickly became second nature as it made the process less time consuming and more enjoyable. In the beginning, management was very down-to-earth and understood their employees on a personal level, but as time passed so did the pleasantries and soon the workplace became a lot less friendly and began to feel uncomfortable as some of the managers acted unprofessional. Co-workers, on the other hand, had always been very accepting and helpful to each other in the workplace and I found that to be a very big advantage as it was my first job.
Pros
Friendly environment, aid was easily accessible
Cons
Poor management, constantly fluctuating schedule
Summary of Work at Canadian Tire
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 November 2016
A typical day at work is fairly busy. Some of the things I learned were good customer service experience, stocking shelves, maintaining a positive attitude. Management was very reasonable. My co-workers were very helpful and nice to be around. The hardest part of my job is when I have to lift anything from the trailers outside.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers.
Nice place to get a start in life
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 February 2017
During my time working for Canadian Tire i was never put down or made feel lesser than anyone else. even the owner would occasionally sweep. they put a big emphasis on hard work. Very reasonable people and you'd have a good time working here.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Long periods of standing
Not that bad
Parts and Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Athabasca, AB30 December 2016
Most of the company is good to work for unfortunately some people in management are less than supportive. Although auto is only a part of the store everyone who doesn't know customer questions sends them to the auto desk. That caused lines that made customers unhappy as well as staff behind the parts and service desk.
Pros
10% staff discount
Cons
Mismanagement and unorganization.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2016
Stocking shelves, hole count lists, putting labels and cleaning up. The job thought me the value of a dollar. Management was poor,took advantage of workers. Many Co-workers were good people who worked hard and easy to work with. Keeping up with multiple tasks from different management was hard, the most enjoyable part of working there were the people you meet.
Pros
Planed events
Cons
Some Management wasn't useful
Fast-paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON12 March 2016
Work itself was satisfying, great customers, your hours were cut in the winter months, unprofessional management, and scheduling was always a problem, only had one company raise.
Pros
great co-workers, friendly customers
Cons
poor management, bad scheduling, cut hours, no salary increase
Productive but natural problems
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Canadian Tire for a first working experience is great because the teach you the wrongs and rights in a workplace and you learn the courage to stand up for wrong in a workplace and hope you don't get condemned for it. They have many faults that can be changed but it overall was eye opening experience. I gained insightful knowledge about the workforce and gained friends from it also.
Pros
Great Flexiblity
Cons
Long hours, Bad Pay
Busy and stressful job with poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON26 September 2016
I've never felt more stressed out about going to work more than I did at this job.
Co-workers were friendly, hours were good, though long, pay was fine. My boss was awful. She did not communicate very well and would often get angry at me. Mistakes were not taken lightly. She wrote my coworkers up for giving each other a high-five because it was "unprofessional". She yelled at me after booking me for a day that I had requested off, and that was the last straw for me so the next day I sent in my letter of resignation and two weeks notice. She then cancelled all of my shifts without telling me so when I showed up early for a shift, I found out I didn’t have to be there. She was the reason I (and many of my other co-workers) quit.
If you like customer service and problem solving this is a good job. The shifts were long, 8 or 9 hours usually. Some customers were mean but that's to be expected. CT money is kind of a pain to deal with, especially when a customer brings in large stacks of it. If it weren't for my boss I might've stayed. Personally I wouldn't recommend this job but every person is different and if you're up for the challenge it could be the right job for you.
Pros
Decent hours, friendly co-workers
Cons
HORRIBLE boss, long hours, ct money, stressful
Really enjoyed the customers, staff
Service Writer/Parts Department (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC18 January 2017
This was a great job. Thoroughly enjoyed working around automobiles, The staff was a lot of fun. Was a good atmosphere to work in. However there was not much chance of advancement. The company had great incentives. Learned to be proficient in problem solving.
Pros
great incentives
Cons
low wage
Friendly, skill utilizing and busy atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley AB, Canada6 February 2017
I had a wonderful time working for Canadian Tire. I learned a lot. Management was very helpful and friendly. We all worked as a team. If you were stuck or needed help all you had to do was ask and someone was there.
Pros
Learning environment, friendly
Cons
I can be a perfectionist. Hard to leave a job until it is done
Very good work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON21 February 2017
The current management team as well as the owners allow this canadian tire store to have an encouraging work environment.
The demanfds pf the job are not excessive and allow for an employee to develop customer relation skills.
The working hours also allow for a very manageable balance between work and other areas of life.
Great job advancements in a well respected company.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 November 2016
Lots of advancement within the company itself.
Training on all different areas and machines.
Great hours for those wishing a different shifts.
Very flexible in the hours as well.
Pros
Great co-workers, employeers, etc.
Cons
Full-timers have rotating shifts, forced to work big holidays if your schedule lands on them.