Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
friendly and less stress environment to work
Technical Specialist - Workstation Support (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, productive
working at the company , i learned alot about financial software support and most windows 7 migration support.
working under less supervision , so more responsible and problem solving
Everyone was supportive, and quick to lend a helping hand.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Everyone was supportive, and quick to lend a helping hand.
Easy to find my way around the store with little help.
Lunch/ break room was always clean and neat.
Fun fast-paced environment
Department Manager (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the people you work with
Cons: long hours
Working for Canadian Tire as a department manager can be a demanding but fulfilling job. Dealing with daily issues with both customers and staff can be challenging, and prepares you for dealing with high intensity scenarios.
good starting employer
Lube & Tire Technician (Former Employee), Fergus, ONFebruary 9, 2015
decent start in the auto service industry, enjoyable time spent in the shop. I would recommend for new and starting techs to get shop experience.
Horrible Experience
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Port Colborne, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: everything about the place.
Co workers stabbed people in the back.
management did not care about anyone or anything. Very lazy and not productive. They also have very little communication skills. No manager or owner for that matter knows how to run a business it was just unbelievable
An enjoyable work environment
Hardware/Housewares Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hanover, ONFebruary 8, 2015
The people I work with are friendly and helpful. I often meet new and friendly customers. Most of my day at work is spent restocking shelves and helping customers.
good company
Customer service, Cashier, Sales associate (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCFebruary 7, 2015
I loved my awesome coworkers, it made it a pleasant job. My managers and dealer was amazing. Good hours, pay and benefits.
The management are very unattached with staff on the floor who happens to make the company their monies.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: discount as well as getting first bids on items that are being tossed.
Cons: always being watched and negtive attitudes with management
After I left the management fired and laid off people that worked there for 4-5 years in every department. It seemed like they gave the store an uplift as well as the staff. I had stopped shopping there all together and still don't after all these years.
Working at Canadian tire
Housewares Associate (Former Employee), Grimsby,onFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: not open very late
Cons: long hours on weekends
The hours were good for me while in school, was able to balance work and homework as well as social life. Downfall was staff drama and long hours on weekends as well as hard to take time off! I worked in the housewares department so i would stock shelves for coffee machines, toasters, dishes, cutlery, garbage bags/cans, cleaning products, vacuums, totes, pet things and electronics. So i had a giant area of the store and most nights you are one person for the department that i was in which made it tough to juggle customers needs.
Fun, upbeat
Manger (Former Employee), Carleton Place, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: store account
Cons: long hours being the manger
Simple, get in and get out, just get the job done. Easiest job I ever had and LOVED IT. Left for matt leave and just never went back. What I learnt was Canadian Tire, weather it was the gas bar or the store are very good to their employees. I was the store level management, but the district mangers and most of the owners of the gas bars are all around great people. The hardest part of my job was writing the schedule for the other staff. The best part of my job was, I was being paid to talk to customers.
Great place but management was hard to deal with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: staff, benefits, environment
Cons: management
Awesome benefits, flexible, great work environment but management was the best. Costco has a differetn management set up than pther places and it got confusing and they weren't really there for you.
Moderate
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bolton, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Daily activities include serving customers , bay maintenance , and attending to the duties of management. The overall management communication is poor from upper management and lower.
Enjoyable workplace
Co-op program (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 1, 2015
Nice work environment with friendly employees and communicative staff. Hard work when it comes to obtaining items for customers on busy days.
Good Atmosphere
Receiver (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: dental and medical
Cons: little advancement opportunities
Good work environment, team driven, friendly employers. new store managers on a two year rotation, did renew forklift and propane distribution training
N/A
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great job, loved everyone there. Was an honor working for a fantastic company. Would work there again if I had the opportunity.
Physical work, safe
Warehouse Person (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: time comsuming
Cons: working non-stop
Managers will help anyway possible to make the job easier for you, and find things that will make it better.

Loads of fun and they paid to little for the labor they're offering you.
Not enough growth
Cashier/Self check-out attendant/ Floor (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 26, 2015
They just hire youths they can pay minimum wage.

When a situation arises, they look to the supervisors/ managers. Whom dont take into consideration what actually occured.

For the most part it was a good experience, i just got REALLY tired of the pay, but then again thats what everyone complains about
everyday adds to my learning experience
Hardware Sales Associate (Current Employee), 1019 Sheppard Avenue East Willowdale, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Mostly the work consists of dealing with customers, finding products for them or solutions to their problems, i did construction for a while so i have indepth knowledge about certain things. everybody is friendly and helpful. It hasn't been long since i started working, but so far its been a great experience
Cashier cdn tire
Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 26, 2015
My job was part time I did enjoy working here but I found that things changed from my previous years I wanted something different and left trying to find something more fulfilling
good place to learn the parts of vehicale
Parts Department/Cashier (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: long boring nights when its dead
I would build bikes. i would mantain the isle and keep the product fluch with the shelves. i would keep the shelves stock up with product. i would do basic cleaning in the isle like sweeping them making sure there is no garbage laying around.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos