Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great first Job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCDecember 8, 2014
This job helped me alot in retail because i had great managers there be warned they are franchise owned so every canadian tire is different! Other than that i learned alot and it has helped me for where i am now!
Productive workplace
Promotional (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 8, 2014
Cons: long hours
My co-workers are very supportive ,we work as a team .
the management are very supportive to their employees
l gain a variety of retail marketing, merchandising and financial business experiences.
Great place to work and great people.
Service Advisor (Former Employee), Castlegar, BCDecember 8, 2014
Pros: shares and benefits
Cons: leaving
Really enjoyed working with Canadian Tire and the whole experiences was overall excellent.
Productive workplace a little cheap on the staff common areas.
P/T Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2014
Pros: very professional, great management
Cons: depressing break room.
This place is amazing to work at, the people are great and the management team are very professional. Overall a good experience. The only down side is the common areas for the employees. They are very depressing, no color, nothing to keep you vibrant when going back to the floor.
Nice place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 5, 2014
Make sure shelves are full. Easy job needs a little bit of muscle. Managers and co-workers are good and very kind. Hardest part is the salary, it is a little bit low. I enjoy working with my co-workers.
it was a amazing place to work, friendly place
Mechanic (Former Employee), Weston and 401December 3, 2014
Pros: free food and drinks
Cons: weekends are too busy
canadian tire was one of the best place i worked.
90% of the customer are amazing, they are comfortable with our service. all the license tech are so friendly and i learn something every day. everyone was so friendly. one of my favourite place.
Fast paced environment.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 1, 2014
Pros: happy customers
A full 8 hour shift consisted of exchanging and returning items for customers and keeping them happy if they weren't satisfied with the product. Paper work, computer use and phone calls.
Good work place with decent hours
Promotions (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONNovember 29, 2014
-Check outside for carts
-Meet up with my manager to see what tasks I have to accomplish today
-Stocking shelves, moving products around
-Management overall is pretty good
-Every co-worker is really friendly and good people to work with
-Hardest part of the job when there is a really big carry-out that takes more than 1 person to complete
-Most enjoyable part of the job is working with friends and having good customer relations
Slow, underpaying job
Automotive Parts Counter (Current Employee), West Kelowna, BCNovember 27, 2014
Pros: discount card, enjoyable staff
Cons: low paying, limited discounts
A typical day at work would be:
Me getting to work myself, going upstairs and putting on my uniform plus headset. Then head downstairs and log in with Costar, clock in. Then there would usually be stock in the mornings, or my supervisor would write something for us to do down. And of course, deal with the customers with their questions, concerns, quotes for tires, battery core returns etc.
I learned lots about the program Costar but, not much about cars I didn't already know.
Most of my co-workers were very nice and easy to get along with, I pretty much get along with anyone.
The hardest part of the job is probably finding tires in the huge shop or tire racks!
That was my job day in and out. Was paid $10/hr with a %17.5 discount card (excluding batteries, tires, rims etc.).
There is no advancement in sight, looking for a job in Kamloops or in Kelowna to be closer to family (living in West Kelowna).
They did allow me to bend my schedule around my gym schedule (usually) and breaks were adequate.
its a productive and busy work place
Seasonal Labourer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2014
Pros: free pizzas for lunch every month.
Cons: no fix day off
High Volume of Customers,proper and fast shelf replenishment of,christmas trees,ice blowers,ornaments,toys,salts.as always i am armed with patience ,its a virtue.everyone is good.the management our visible and working too.its a busy season and its good for the business and employees,
great learning experience
Gas Attendant (Former Employee), Trenton, ONNovember 24, 2014
I liked working here because teamwork was key and I had many opportunities to learn
Friendly Staff
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee), Sylvan Lake, ABNovember 23, 2014
Due to short of staff breaks are sometimes not all taken. But all the staff are friendly. Sometimes the policy are change due to fussy and complicated customer.
ok
Receiver (Former Employee), Winnipeg MbNovember 23, 2014
Steady work , decent hours, friendly staff. Not too understanding when someone has a health issue.
Very productive, fast-paced environment.
Associate & Management (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioNovember 21, 2014
An enjoyable place to work overall. Consisted of receiving large shipments, warehouse organization and maintenance, retail floor organization and maintenance, product merchandising, logistical analysis, worker training and supervision, customer care and much more. A demanding setting, but generally good co-workers/management. Some benefits/profit sharing for full timers, but no real incentive program for the majority of staff.
Good for anyone who only wants minimal part time and minimum wage.
Supervisor/sales clerk (Former Employee), Greenwood, NSNovember 21, 2014
Pros: paid every other week.
Cons: not enough hours to support an individual on the pay received, and no set schedule so having a second job is very difficult.
Be at work 15 minuets before your shift, (seemed to only apply to a few.) Dressed in company compliant uniform, one shirt given out free of charge then the rest have to be paid for except for promotional tee-shirts. No set work schedule, every week is different and schedule was never up before Thursday of the week preceding. Constantly told Customer service is #1 but if more than 3 minuets is spent with a customer you got rep-remanded. Enjoyed working with the staff that was there and enjoyed helping the customers even most of the cranky ones(could usually make them smile) A lot was expected for a minimum wage job as you have to do on-line study courses and at the store I was in ,on your own time with no compensation and no wage increase incentive for completion of a block. They have benefits for those that qualify, paid out of your earnings like most companies, also profit sharing again only if you qualify. Wage difference between regular employees and a supervisor was 30 cents per hour in the store I worked in and quite a bit more was expected from the supervisor. The people who owned the franchise previously to the folks who have it now were very good to work for and gave bonuses for jobs well done and took part in supporting the community not so now. I guess the quality of working at a place such as this depends directly on the quality of the owner, JMHO.

I hope this helps.
Creative courses to learn
Customer service - (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
Courses are informative and helpful in helping customers get the right products. Co-workers are helpful in times of need. Managers are always around in difficult times and customers. Parts and Hardware were both challenging and rewrding.
Fun work environment
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2014
Pros: corporate office
Cons: driving
place of work where you are busy at all times. motivating team members, who encourage you.
Great environment overall although management needs to recognize staff accomplishments.
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, OntNovember 19, 2014
Pros: staff was easy to get along with, which made it an enjoyable environment.
Cons: it didn't feel as though accomplishments were acknowledged.
A typical day at work requires me to deal with all aspects of customer behaviour. for an example to deal with a difficult customer requires patience and understanding. I've learned to deal with every situation professionally by being polite and understanding. If all else fails talk to a supervisor therefore you can gain knowledge as to how to handle the situation. Management should be supportive and acknowledge your mistakes. you must be able to interact with co-workers because communication is the key to success. The hardest part of the job is dealing with stress within the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you served the customer as you would like to be served. A return customer is a happy customer.
Communicative
Représentant aux services financiers (Former Employee), quebecNovember 18, 2014
Present the shop's credit cards and make people sign for it.
Great place to work with excellent benefits.
Shipping (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay.
Cons: weekend shift for over six years.
A typical day would begin with a pre-shift meeting. We would be designated our doors for the night and would be given the tools to do the job correctly and safely. As required by the schedule, we would be asked to help other teams as required. 10 hr shifts went by fast,especially with a great bunch of people to help.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos