Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 1,915 reviews matching the search
Past Employee
Office Accounting (Former Employee) –  Canadian Tire Store 299 Calgary, AB5 October 2016
The office position was great for 3 years with team spirit and management being supportive and envolved. The last year that I was employed there was very different, but this is probably because of management change as well as policy and procedure changes. I learned a lot during my time there mostly from the career employees who cared about the store and were very involved with assisting new employees. Good Luck to all envolved in the new administration and hopefully all goes well for both employees and management.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
The managements pressure to accomplish tasks within an unrealistic time period.
My opinion about my experience at Canadian Tire
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC5 October 2016
I unload the delivery truck in the mornings, in between that I would get called out for carry outs. After the truck I stock shelves while getting called for carry outs from time to time. I had to retrieve the shopping carts and sometimes I had to clean up spills. I've learned a lot about how a store works and how I could help them and if i ever needed help there was a co-worker who would help me. I got along with a lot of the managers, mostly seemed to really like me because I always did what they told I was asking for more work and to learn more. I got along with most of the people working they liked the fact i was dependable. The hardest part about the job was I was usually the last to leave so I'd get left with a lot of carry outs at the end of my shift with no one to help if it's really busy. The most I enjoyed about my job was all the customers I got to help and how appreciated the were of me.
Pros
Helping people, Lots of learning experices
Cons
heavy lifting
Friendly workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 October 2016
I learned that being friendly and open can impact the people around you a lot compared to never really smiling. Not smiling makes you seem unapproachable, which you tend to not want at a workplace dealing with customers. I find it is very important to get along with coworkers not only because you work together for however long but also because you may end up needing to ask each other for help so it's nice to have someone approachable when needing help. The hardest part of the job for me would usually be standing in one spot for long periods of time without walking around. The most enjoyable part of the job tends to be interacting with customers and being able to help them with their needs.
Pros
socializing with people around you
good show
Technician (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 October 2016
Canadian tire is a place where you can start from the bottom and with hard work can work your way to the top with raises and job security, would work for again
Very productive, fun, encouraging, happy, and experiencable
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
A typical day at work would be, helping my customers and putting smiles on their faces. While using my sales ability to insist and help in their shopping experience with our company.
Pros
Parties on special events and holidays
Cons
Short lunches
Fun productive work place.
Automotive parts technician (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON5 October 2016
I am not shy when it comes to working extra hours, but it's sad to say that my current position that I'm working deos not pay enough. Which has put me back on the job hunt
Pros
Everyone is very friendly
Cons
Salary is not enough
Enjoyable and friendly workplace
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB4 October 2016
Fast paced work environment. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Any concerns or incidents within the workplace are dealt within a timely and professional manner.
Pros
Free Lunches once a month
This was a great and quite workplace
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB3 October 2016
I liked working at Canadian tire, it was a quite place and i worked in hardware and sports seasonal. The managers were always nice and so were the workers i worked with in my department.
fun work eviorment
Automotive sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 September 2016
great place to work. huge story with a lot of great people working with you. various duties time goes by quick. hot dog vender right out front of the store
Hard place for work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 September 2016
Work at that place is very difficult, management doesn't have organization skill, as employee you can never accomplish any task you have to do during your shift,
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Very demanding job
A good learning experiance
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 September 2016
Canadian Tire is a good place to work. Everyone is very friendly and the management is awesome. I learned how to work a cash register and that's what I did in a typical work day. The hardest part of the job is that some things don't have bar codes to scan so calling the right department to find a bar code can be challenging. The most enjoyable part is that i get to meet and talk to new people.
Productive and safe work environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 September 2016
Productive and safe work environment. Opportunity to do various tasks associated with the job. Nice colleagues to work with and always health and safety is taken care.
Awesome place to work
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 September 2016
it was a great place to work I enjoyed my time there, the management was good the co workers were mostly nice and friendly and I just enjoyed working there and doing my part
A Good Job For Students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 September 2016
Canadian Tire provides students with the opportunity to learn within a fast paced environment providing both flexible hours and a friendly work environment. The teamwork emphasized within canadian tire helps the workplace be productive and helps the workplace stay friendly. Although the workplace is friendly the organization is lacking. Many times management fails to properly organize tasks and often times this causes much confusion on the floor. Product is often lost and employees are often left with nothing to do while others are given too many tasks. As long as you remain a hard worker within this environment and you remain cooperative, it is an excellent and flexible job for anyone looking for a job during school or to fill in time between another job.
Pros
Flexibliity
Cons
Poor Managment
The dealer is an amazing man to work for.
Cashier, Customer service (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 September 2016
Fun place to work...Great co-workers most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new and repeat customers everyday, everyone helps each other
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Enjoyed working with other, interesting to see new items go through till and sale items each week.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2016
I enjoyed working as a cashier, at times if needed I would help stock items in Seasonal Department (Xmas Items). The people I worked with were easy to get along with and friendly. Everyone respected each others space.
Busy and stressful job with poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON26 September 2016
I've never felt more stressed out about going to work more than I did at this job.
Co-workers were friendly, hours were good, though long, pay was fine. My boss was awful. She did not communicate very well and would often get angry at me. Mistakes were not taken lightly. She wrote my coworkers up for giving each other a high-five because it was "unprofessional". She yelled at me after booking me for a day that I had requested off, and that was the last straw for me so the next day I sent in my letter of resignation and two weeks notice. She then cancelled all of my shifts without telling me so when I showed up early for a shift, I found out I didn’t have to be there. She was the reason I (and many of my other co-workers) quit.
If you like customer service and problem solving this is a good job. The shifts were long, 8 or 9 hours usually. Some customers were mean but that's to be expected. CT money is kind of a pain to deal with, especially when a customer brings in large stacks of it. If it weren't for my boss I might've stayed. Personally I wouldn't recommend this job but every person is different and if you're up for the challenge it could be the right job for you.
Pros
Decent hours, friendly co-workers
Cons
HORRIBLE boss, long hours, ct money, stressful
a nice place to gain great experiences
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC24 September 2016
working over there was alright my job was to make the others job easier they would need something i would get it for them if it was possible. most of my co-workers were nice with me and enjoyed working with me because we could have a little fun still being able to work properly the hardest part of the job when you had 2 to 3 department ask you for 2 or 3 items i would have a list and would be running everywhere to try an get the items as fast as possible oh the best part of my job was at the end of the day when i get a (good job today Nathan) that made me feel like i did what i had to do
Pros
flexibles on scheduels an days off
Cons
expecting a job for 4 to be done by 1
Great culture
Category Business Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
CT had a great working environment and is a very collaborative workplace. Leadership team is very strong. The one downside is the lack of growth opportunities.
Pros
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
Productive but natural problems
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Canadian Tire for a first working experience is great because the teach you the wrongs and rights in a workplace and you learn the courage to stand up for wrong in a workplace and hope you don't get condemned for it. They have many faults that can be changed but it overall was eye opening experience. I gained insightful knowledge about the workforce and gained friends from it also.
Pros
Great Flexiblity
Cons
Long hours, Bad Pay

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location