Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tilbury, ONMarch 25, 2016
Canadian Tire is an excellent place to work, the employees and the customers are great! They are very considerate of all their employees and strive to make sure everyone gets feedback and feels included in the success of our store.
fun place to be meet new people
Quick lube Supervisor (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 24, 2016
Pros: meet new people
Cons: rainy days
long hot days getting to meet and spend a lot of time with new people. learn the right way to do corn, working in the rain was always hard but at the end of the day was always fun.
Parts Advisor in Retail Business
Parts Advisor (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 24, 2016
Parts Advisor in a retail corporation is probably the best place to work if only you want to test yourself how good you really are in this business. In retail business you will experience every kind of customer from 1-100% educated people about vehicles.
Customer satisfaction is the first priority to make your customer permanent.
good co-workers but poor management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Langford, BCMarch 23, 2016
Cons: low wages
Early shift was nice and co-workers were great but there was a high turn over due to poor management. Wages are low for the workload.
Learned new working skills
assist customers (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 23, 2016
I worked at Canadian tire as a co-op student. Overall it was a good experience because I had a chance to learn new things. I worked in the parts department of Canadian Tire doing retail. The hardest part of the job was the long hours.
its a productive and good working environment
Sales Associate (P/T) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
Cons: not enough hours
I love working at Canadian tire I enjoy the face to face interaction with the customers I enjoy working with my co-worker they very friendly and helpful. I enjoy helping people and working at Canadian Tire allows me to do that. Canadian Tire provides a good working environment for their employees.
Awesome place to work
SALES CLERK (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
Pros: GREAT MANAGERS
Cons: DONT HAVE ONE
Love my job and the people I work with. Great management team, and great team spirit. Work can be very hectic at times but learning how to stay focused and get the job done. Thanks to my customers I enjoy my job everyday!
Fun place to work
Floor Associate - Sports (Current Employee), Milton, ONMarch 22, 2016
Pros: The people
Cons: Compensation
A typical day included helping customers, stocking shelves, and filling orders. I had a good experience with all the managers, they were always very friendly and helpful. I don't have any complaints about my co-workers, I made a lot of new friends.
Seasonal/Sports Retail (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Free lunches ever other month or so.
Management was great when i started with the company years ago.
Lots of perks and time shares with the company. Staff was great too
Positive and motivating staff members, school orientated, experienced in all departments.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 20, 2016
Pros: Get my discount for products in the store and occasionally treat staff members ex. free pizza/donuts
Cons: Not enough hours given
- I am a cashier/customer service. Depending how busy it may be, I also work on stalk for all departments.
- I learned that customers always come first and help satisfy their needs.
- The management is very accommodating with my school schedule.
- My co-workers keep the workplace fun.
- The hardest part of my job is dealing with unpleasant customers.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and putting a smile on their face. Also, working with my great staff team.
Fun and stressfull
Automotive Service Advisor (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 20, 2016
Pros: Good wages
Cons: High stress
The job is extremely rewarding yet extremely stressful at the same time. All in all, a great place to work and fun environment.
fun place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 19, 2016
Pros: breaks
Cons: management
working with my co-workers in canadian tire was fun and productive. everybody was working together and helping each other if they need any.
Would not reccommend
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Gananoque, ONMarch 16, 2016
Pros: staff discount
Cons: unreliable managment
I do not recommend that anyone work there. They are not ever prepared, very disorganized, not reliable for what they say your going to do. not a lot of good training.
Productive and always changing
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Strathmore, ABMarch 16, 2016
I learned cash, merchandising and stocking at Canadian Tire. A day at work would never be the same or boring. There would always be lots to do. Co-workers worked as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was pleasing customers.
Contractor @ Canadian Tire
Tester (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2016
Attended Scrum and provided status.

Documented workflows, wrote test scenarios and test scripts

Management was careful to make decisions as they were in the process of updating financial systems.
Fun place to work at times
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Pros: good environment
Cons: bad wages
typical day at work communicating with customers restocking etc
Most management were very cool. Great co-workers jogb is fairly easy best part of the job is talking to customers
Exciting new environment with lots of helpful staff.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Amherstburg, ONMarch 14, 2016
Typically I would come home from school and go straight to work for a 4-6 hour shift. I learned cash skills and a lot of customer service skills, for example how to react with displeased customers. My management was extremely helpful while they were present and my co-workers were very patient with teaching me. My hardest experience was learning how to work the cash register. I had zero cash experience before, but I strive in math so that made things a lot easier. The most enjoyable part of my job was during the busy hours when I got to meet lots of new people and keep myself busy.
Depends on who you work with.
Auto Parts and Warehouse. (Former Employee), Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QCMarch 14, 2016
I personally enjoyed the job as somebody who always works hard; however many times co-workers would be lazy and I would find myself doing much more work than them and although I was recognized for it, it did not seems fair.
acquired cashier experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONMarch 14, 2016
Cons: scheduling was horrible
average experience. learned how to work as a cashier. enjoyed interacting with customers daily. liked co workers for the most part.
Productive, fun
Department(s) Manager (Former Employee), Drayton Valley, ABMarch 14, 2016
Pros: Friendly
Canadian Tire is a versatile place to work.
Always room for advancement if you're willing to work hard, in a productive, friendly manner.
Canadian Tire works along side each community to improve social programs.
Headquarters