Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,354 reviews matching the search
Good and Healthy work environment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
A good place work and learn. All the staff is supportive and friendly. The workplace culture is professional. A good place to work with. The management of the company is helpful and provide good benefits.
Personal opinion
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB3 April 2017
Personally I did not enjoy my time with Canadian Tire as the management wasn't great and the back room was a mess at all times and super dirty I started to feel unsafe being in the back room as things would constantly fall it was just a matter of time before someone would get hurt.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Everything else
A fun place to work for retail
Cashier, Parts, Floor staff in every department (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK3 April 2017
If you were looking for your fist part time job I would highly recommend this job. Flexible scheduling, always willing to give you time off when needed.
Absolutely terrible
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2017
horrible managers, a lot of miscommunication due to the fact that they had "5" bosses that all thought about work differently. Co-workers were the only reason why it was workable.
hard worker
Fill Crew (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ON3 April 2017
a day of work includes doing the job, helping other employees, asking your manager for help or more hours, i learned that in the workplace no matter what position your in you are always gonna have a boss. from my experience the workplace i been to is always multicultural, the hardest part of any job is usually staying with that job, working with some people depending where you go. the most enjoyable part of any job is making new friends, having conversations with your co workers, doing the job quick and being able to go home
Pros
half an hour lunch
Cons
15 minute break
Good Work environment. Amazing boss
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 April 2017
In my almost a year at Canadian Tire. I had a enjoyable time. The boss was a lot better then my last. He would listen to my problems and my struggles, and tried to help me through them. A typical day would start at 6:30 with us unloading a trailer. In about an hour or two we would have that done. Then we had to sort out the stock and get it ready for the rest of the staff during the rest of the day. The manager would push us very hard at times, but she was very good at doing such. The hardest part of the job was lifting the 300 pound treadmills. The most enjoyable part of the day was when everything was put in its place, and you got to see the smile on the customers face when the finally got to pick up the product I had put there.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Waking up at 5am
Good first job for a high-school student
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON2 April 2017
Good hours for students (evenings and weekends no later than 9:30pm) Good experience with customer interactions and opportunities for movement through departments (cashier to customer service representative)
Poor Management
AUTOMOTIVE APPRENTICE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 April 2017
Very little learning , will try to keep you as an installer.
Poor leadership ,and managers with power trip issues. Terrible pay that would not matter if there was motivaion and teaching to further your career.
Good Retail Job
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC1 April 2017
Excellent job, learn lots of customer service, and communication skills. Great work environment to learn how to deal with public, and problem solving.
what i think
Merchandiser / Fill Grew (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 April 2017
people are ok to work with if you don't mind gossip talk and managers that don't believe any thing you say .they have ours if you want to work there ...because people come and go so fast and also they expect you do every thing .
Pros
work hrs are there
Cons
no pay increase
Team Driven
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 April 2017
Learn how to work as a team and go above and beyond for the customer. Wonderful working for the Jumpstart charity and collecting CT money to donate. As a cashier the system is very simple and a great way to earn experience.
Pros
Good full hour days, team environment
Can Tire Review
McDonalds - Drive Thru and Window Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC1 April 2017
Working at Canadian Tire was fun and exciting! The management was very good. They were nice, calm, caring and always helped you achieve what you set out to achieve.
productive workplace
Cleaner and general help (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 April 2017
I would like to learn more than just sweeping floors and cleaning, I would like to learn more mechanics.
my original interest in working there was to be able to learn how to fix cars major and minor repairs
Pros
Cons
not enough help
repeatitive
Auto Parts Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC31 March 2017
a typical day is stocking shelfs, helping customers, and cleaning
what i learned is that i dont want a minimum wage job ever again
management wasnt to bad the boss is constantly watching the security cameras looking for thiefs and employees that arnt doing anything
hardest part of the job is difficult customers that ask your opinion then tell you your wrong
most enjoyable part of the job is when you go home
productive
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 March 2017
- Working at Canadian tire made me improve on my communicating skills with customers.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was that i get to meet different kinds of people and help them with what they are looking for.

- The hardest part would be standing or walking around for long period of time.
Great place to work!!
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON31 March 2017
Canadian Tire Corp. is a very well managed and amazing place to work. It is friendly and exactly the kind of job I enjoy. When it comes to work place harassment it is definitely strictly enforced that it is not okay, which is amazing.
Pros
Team rewards
Cons
Not enough hours in slow season
Fleet services
Execution Analyst- Inbound Rails Fleet Services (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 March 2017
Very friendly people to work with, there always there to help you if you have any problems. very calm place to work.always need to be accurate on numbers
Pros
great
Cons
n/a
Good for a teenager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2017
Working for Galaxy Land at West Edmonton Mall is a good starting job for any teen or young adult, or even people who just enjoy interacting with others.
not a fun place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 March 2017
There are no benefits here and raises don't exist. Always on a different schedule every week so it's hard to plan a life. Management is not that approachable and constant turn over of employees
Good workplace
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2017
Canadian Tire was a good workplace, and the management were very kind and flexible. However, some employees were rude but they were also very helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval