Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great working hours
Promotional Team (Former Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 10, 2014
Pros: monthly lunches
Cons: low hourly wages
Started working at 6:00 am and started to fill my bases before the store opened as they 195 bases needed to be built and maintained at 52 inches high with a 95% fullness. I learned to be strategic in time management to complete this task. Management was always there watching to make sure things were being accomplished. Co-workers were excellent and worked well as a team. The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with the bases on busy times as help was difficult to find. The most enjoyable part was customer service.
Canadian Tire overview
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), various locations in CanadaNovember 10, 2014
Pros: job stablility
Cons: social life restricted with top management postions
Great company with great people & opportunities for those of whom are willing to sacrifice time and life outside of company to advance
An alright experience but seriously lack concrete leadership
Cashier (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONNovember 8, 2014
Pros: private employee lunchroom
Cons: little to no community feel.
A typical day at work consisted of being very limited in term of what you are allowed to do as a cashier and being confined to a small square area until break. As a garden center employee it consisted of many hours of lifting and relocating plants and trees, followed by watering them. Co workers were all friendly and easy to get along with, however management was lackluster and often seemed confused. The hardest part of the job was when the managers contradicted each other and nothing got done. The best part was being allowed to work outside in the garden center
Data Entry office
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Welland, ONNovember 7, 2014
Cons: working evenings and weekends
Entering in customer applications for credit approval. Reading customer credit bureaus and making sound judgment based on findings.
Hardest part of job, sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day
Enjoyable part; working with such wonderful people
welcoming enviroment
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed working for this store, great people, learned alot about corporate procedures, wish they had more hours for me
Very Productive
Floor Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: the cook in the lunch room, the pay, the hours, and self respect
Cons: n/a
Have a Store meeting every morning before the store opens. Start my price changes, stocking shelves, organizing the cashiers stations. I learned not only to speak to people in person but also over the phone. The management was very organized, everyone was on the same page with walkie talkies.My co-workers were respectable to other employees and also to the customers. There were no hard parts in my job. I handled every situation according to procedure and i was very organized and clear headed. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the customers come in the store angry and leaving happy.
Productive, sometimes stressful environment
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 6, 2014
Working at Canadian Tire, was not an overall bad experience, management was very unorganized, but overall it went pretty well.
good job
Parts / Automotive Service Advisor (Former Employee), BurnabyNovember 6, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: low pay
got laid off due to work shortage no other positions suitible
An enjoyable workplace!
Canadian Tire Worker (Former Employee), St. Marys, ONNovember 3, 2014
Typical work day was interesting as I got to socialize with different people everyday. I enjoyed learning new things and making the store look and feel better. What I have learned from working here was mixing paint, inventory, stocking shelves and cash/ customer service. The hardest part of the job was doing returns as most customers would get angry if they could not return the item. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers and also keeping the store clean and stocked.
loved meeting different people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Pickering, ONNovember 3, 2014
Pros: wonderful benefits and great people to work for
Cons: just started a family so did not enjoy being away from the children
learned how to work the cash register, deal with customers, working in a fast paced enviroment
Not a bad place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2014
Pros: talk to alot of people
Cons: management
Management is a uptight and discriminatory. A typical day involves stocking shelves and assisting customers with finding items.
Loved it.
Auto Parts Supervisor (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 2, 2014
Great company to work for. Wages suck though. Amazing place to expand and learn different things.
Canadian Tire Gas Bar
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 2, 2014
This was my first job in Ottawa. I loved it because it made me more independent and responsible. I was getting lots of hours with this company. The manager was very generous and understanding. I learned how to open and close the store on my own. I learned how to deal with multiple transactions, such as cash, debits and credits cards. I sold OLG tickets and various gasoline/ car maintenance products to customers. I enjoyed dealing with people and getting to know some regular customers. I also enjoyed having the responsibility of supervising the store on my own.
Productive and fun
Logistics Associate Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Brampton, Trinity MallNovember 1, 2014
I was working as a co-op student. The type of work that they had me do was a lot of lifting products and placing them in they're appropriate aisles. The work was fun and enjoyable. My co-workers were nice manered and it made my job easier.
Great People and Fun Atmosphere
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 29, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: low pay, shift issues, everyone is contract, very little moving up
There are no dedicated offices for front line staff because majority are under contract. So you sit where there is space. Work is interesting and there is a lot to learn but management is is very conniving and very little interest is given to employees as the business is whats most important.

The people are great as is many companies, very welcoming and helpful.

Shifts are horrible, instead of hiring for a specific shift, staff is switched around constantly with out really having their say.
Good experience
Parts Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pay and hours could be better but a decent place to work. Dealing with the public is not an easy task but it helps to work with good people
Canadian TIre Summary
Customer Service (Current Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 24, 2014
I have learned a lot in the retail industry. My customer service has improved greatly over the past 3 years. I've learned how to deal with every type of customer good and bad. I think the hardest part of the job is definitely some of the customers that I encounter, It can be extremely frustrating and need lots of patience. The most enjoyable part of the job would be some of the rewarding customers. There are times when being able to help a customer to the fullest is very rewarding.
Customer service representative
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great work environment and social settings
Cons: hectic work times during rush hour
Canadian Tire, Windsor ON
• Worked in the sports section helping customers with technical aspect of things.
• Was the only one responsible with providing solutions to problems over the phone.
Excellent customer service
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee), North York, ONOctober 23, 2014
Customer satisfaction was the Store's main goal but often times at the expense of its employees.
hard worker
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Castlegar, BCOctober 22, 2014
Can deal with difficult customers, gained customer satisfaction with queries, concerns, information on products and warranty agreement

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos