Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great coworkers
Automotive Parts (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 27, 2014
Pros: draws / give aways. lots of pot luck days in the lunch room
Cons: pay rate
Great work atmosphere, less than stellar upper management.
direct mangers and coworkers were always happy and helpful
sales associate, customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kirkland, QCMay 26, 2014
Pros: i liked helping the customers, learning how retail work.
Cons: looking for merchantdise in the back, very disorganised.
serving the customers, stocking shelves, carrying heavy boxes, looking for merchandise in the back. Learned that it was not as easy as I thought. Management was fair. Co-workers were not always honest, Hardest part of the job was lifting the and emptying the boxes. Most enjoyable was serving the customers.
Productive place to work with flexible hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: freindly and helpful co workers
Cons: little to no supervision
Great place to work. Co-workers were more than willing to help the new people and the company overall seemed very welcoming. Hardest part of the job was the physically demanding reality of unloading trucks all day.
Alright work place
Warehouse Worker & automotive department (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2014
Everyday was an alright day at work. Did not learned much but it was a short term job
Great part-time worklife experience
CASHIER (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: the people you get to work with
Cons: no breaks on 4-hour shifts
A day in the life of a Canadian Tire cashier can be described in two words fast-paced. After dealing will millions of customers day after day it can become overwhelming at first but ultimately very rewarding. You have got to have patience and be empathetic. Always be on your toes though because you never what will happen next. You get to work with some – more... of the most amazing people in the world. The relationships you get to build are priceless and you never want to give them up for the world. Joking around on the PA system and calling department attendants 20 times over are just the littlest things that make the Canadian Tire experience an unforgettable one. The managers are cool and the atmosphere is easy-going, most of the time. When your lines are so long that they start to enter the other departments near by and you think it will never end are actually some of the greatest days you will have at Canadian Tire. At the end of the day the customers are what make you day. I recommend Canadian Tire as a great part-time job for anyone who may be seeking. The Canadian Tire money, oh the money... Well all I can say is, that is one thing I wish to forget. – less
They were good employers
Cashier / Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Cornwall, OntarioMay 23, 2014
Pros: people, customers, helping
Cons: management
Canadian Tire were good employers but it has it's flaws. I regret leaving but it was for the best.
Thank you.
productive and corresponding with an exciting team
Cashier/Customer Service representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2014
a typical day at Canadian tire is a dedicated and committed day, i help and assist customers through out the day. examples are returns and exchanges, answering telephones, and processing transactions with either cash, debit, or credit.

I've gained a great amount of knowledge working with Canadian tire, learning different products within the company, – more... interacting with customers on a daily business, and being a great team player with co-workers.

the hardest part of my job is to be able to multitask in a fast paced environment at times. The funnest part of my job is to see a satisfied customer that i know has experienced a successful customer service experience and would most definitely shop again another day. – less
Very good
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 21, 2014
Excellent Place to work
there is always a project to do
Friendly co workers
Good team work
A typical day at Canadian Tire
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMay 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches/dinners, christmas parties, resonable hours.
Cons: other co-workers calling in and leaving you stranded with lines full of customers.
All staff and management are not only polite and friendly inside work but also fun and easy going outside of work which made it easier to open up to them. It was my first "real" job, so I learned quite a bit about customer service and how the working world works. One of the hardest parts about this job was dealing with unhappy customers but it was easy – more... to keep calm and continue to stay professional and serve them. – less
sales audit
Sales Audit Associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 20, 2014
sales auditing,working with AS400 software. Good working conditions,not too busy.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Stephen, NBMay 15, 2014
Pros: hours were great, the people were easy to work with and enjoyed helping people
Cons: health benefits were not all that great.
I enjoyed working at Canadian Tire even if it was a short term job due to moving to Ontario. I enjoyed helping people with their product issues and just helping them find what they were looking for. They management there were very friendly. I got along with all team including management.
Lot's of customer interaction and very flexible hours.
Hardware Department Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: customer complaints/customer's being unreasonable
Typical day involves helping customers, stocking shelves and doing carry-outs. Can be a laid back environment at times but when the store is busy you will need to be attending to customer's needs. The hours are extremely flexible to the point of almost being able to choose your own hours and there is vacation pay, holidays, etc.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Greater Napanee, ONMay 9, 2014
Was a good environment to work in. Good way to build teamwork skills
solo work
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 8, 2014
Work when I want, can take breaks throughout. management is great!
WAREHOUSE STAFFER
Fill Crew & Warehouse (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NSMay 8, 2014
unloaded trucks and helped customers with large items to there cars or trucks. store is really understaffed
being a stock person is okay work
Filler (Former Employee), regina, saskMay 7, 2014
Pros: social commity
Cons: didnt get any further than a stock person
I enjoyed working at Canadian Tire for a while but I wasn't going anywhere and there weren't enough raises
Good Company, No day is ever the same.
Hardware Associate (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMay 7, 2014
It was a great experience working for Canadian Tire. The hardest part of the job would be the carry outs for the large tool chests.
5 OUT OF 5
MAIN RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), ToronotMay 6, 2014
Pros: meeitng people
Cons: no cons
Checking in visitors and giving tag.
Great family friendly environment
Co-workers very helpful.
Was not a hard job I enjoyed it.
Meeting people and helping them.
Hard working and love to listening music
cashier/ Attendant (Current Employee), Scarborough,onMay 5, 2014
I remember that day when i had work 12 hours constantly without having any long break and that day was really busy but i learned from the day if you are totally put your all efforts then no need to take break. management and my co-workers are also good and help me in every difficult time. As per my side i never fill anything hard if you get trained – more... well then no need to worry. – less
This is an old and proud Canadian company.
Planogram Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: the investment/profit sharing plan that this company offers is excellent.
Cons: it's sometimes difficult to advance unless you know someone in the department you are interested in.
A strong company with great benefits and employee perks, and overall a family oriented atmosphere.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos