Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work environment
Customer service/Auto parts cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 6, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: dealing with unsatisfied customers
As a customer service representative, I dealt with customers who were not satisfied with their purchase at Canadian Tire. I returned their belongings and made customers feel acknowledged. I not only returned items for customers but I managed lottery. At times it was difficult because I would be the only person at customer service and it would be difficult – more... to manage both, as customers were being upset.

I was not only a customer service represented but I was a cashier for auto-parts. As an auto-parts cashier I managed documents , called customers when their vehicle was ready.

Overall, my experience at Canadian Tire was a good, I learned to deal with customers in a respectable manner. I also learned to multi-task and move in a productive manner. – less
interesting and fun, not so bad workplace.
Sales assistant (Former Employee), barton and kenilworthOctober 6, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: short breaks
I go in with one or more goals everyday and have position thinking to get through my day, have a smile on my face even if i had a bad day .I always have good relationships with my co-workers and managers.
I plan my day according to the assignments/ tasks given to me by my supervisor. i greet customers when they come into the store, i also assistant – more... them when need.
the hardest part is not having a routine, sometimes i know what i'm doing but usually i know no clue. The enjoyable part is helping others and meeting new people. – less
Decent job with good pay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABOctober 6, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, good benefits, good pay
Cons: only close on two holidays, are open every other day
It was a fairly good job with decent enough pay. Some of the coworkers were okay and some were quite rude. The management at Canadian Tire is hit or miss. There were some managers that were amazing and helpful and there were some managers that were less than helpful and if they didn't like you they let you know.
Detail oriented customer service job with room for advancement.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 3, 2014
Customer service focused.
Demand for detail oriented individuals.
Informative online training courses.
Capability of learning all aspects of Canadian Living. (Home, Automotive, Garden, Leisure)
Awesome staff and a great environment to learn new skills
Customer Service - Houseware (Former Employee), Sturgeon Falls, ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: i was going off to college soon so i was able to find useful home necessities.
Cons: i was working a full-time placement in the summer and the hours began to get a little long..
Working in Houseware I got the opportunity to deal with a lot of customers on hand! I enjoyed helping customers of all age find exactly what they needed, even if it wasn't in my department. I stocked shelves and prepared sales. The co-workers I had at the Canadian Tire I previously worked at were magnificent, it was honestly like a family. I was proud – more... to call myself a part of the Canadian Tire Team! – less
labourers for the summer
Hardware Sales Associate (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABOctober 2, 2014
number one priority is keeping track of stock and keeping your isles faced. everyone gets along with everyone and is always willing to offer a helping hand. they are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Automotive Parts Personnel
Automotive Parts Personnel (Former Employee), bramptonOctober 2, 2014
Pros: automotive knowledge
Cons: low pay
Received, unpacked and sorted incoming parts, supplies and materials. Processed incoming requisitions. Maintained records on inventory control system. Responded to customer inquiries concerning auto-parts and provide quality service to guarantee customer satisfaction.
Productive and rewarding environment to work
Line Review Analyst, Line Review Team, Marketing (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 1, 2014
Pros: large corporate company with opportunity for advancement
Cons: long commute
Canadian Tire Corporation have great mentoring and career advancement opportunities.
ok workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABOctober 1, 2014
always had fun at this job always on the go always dealing with customers finding items giving my knowledge on certain items
Very nice and cooperative owners and the best managers
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Sydney, NSOctober 1, 2014
I started working in this company in 2013 and have not regretted a single day after I started working here. The workplace is very good, the managers and co-workers are friendly and very helpful. The owner and the store manager are very encouraging, helpful to our needs and love me and my work there.
Good Workplace with good people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 29, 2014
The hardest part of the job was doing more work than other people and getting paid less
Great people to work with, but not a great place to work for
Seasonal Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 28, 2014
Dont like it
Management is horrible
Everyone but management is awesome
Owner sucks
Fun job with a great staff
Customer Service and Merchandiser (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: physically demanding
I love my job because it is very familiar and is a family type environment
Productive place with fun people
Back up to cash/customer service (Former Employee), Smithers, BCSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: told what to do in the am and was left alone to accomplish this until my day was done
Cons: some drama
A typical day at work was being told what aisles i will be working down and what i would be doing, as i had already worked at a Canadian Tire before this one i had the knowledge that i needed to do my job at the Smithers store without any further training. The management was good, knew what they were talking about.
Coworkers were very friendly, some – more... drama throughout the co workers (which i was never involved in) but always some kind of job drama
Hardest part of the job was starting to redo an aisle and trying to finish it before my day was over
Most enjoyable part of my job was finishing an aisle and admiring it while my other co workers complimented it and myself for my hard work and dedication! – less
Amazing
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 24, 2014
- Learned great customer service tools
-Management was great
-Coworkers we really friendly
-The hardest part of the job was knowing where everything is in the store
- Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers
great corporate culture
Project Accountant (Current Employee), 2190 yonge streetSeptember 23, 2014
Great company to work with that enhances one's skills to do better. Typical day would be to run reports for daily and weekly sales and send to executives. Monthly journal entries, recoveries, project/budget variance analysis, meetings and other ad hoc are part of my responsibilities.
Interesting workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: friendly people, easy, flexible hours
Cons: long hours, conflicting with school work
i've learned a typical day you cannot make everyone happy but you can try, I've learned to work cash and deal with problems that may occur in the work environment. The management are super friendly and nice. The co-workersare easy going and great to work with. i would have to say the hardest part of my job would be balancing 40 hours every two weeks – more... while going to university. The most enjoyable part of my day is making everyone can happy. – less
Fun Workplace with amazing People/Employees
Filler (Former Employee), Barrie ONTSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: lunches, the people
Cons: early mornings, can be quite busy and hard to keep up
I loved my job and the people i worked with as a filler. walking in everyone who wasn't a morning person the cheerful people would change that for you. i loved my supervisor and she always made sure everyone was okay but also getting the job done for the day. the only thing i didnt like for me was how early i got up im more of a night owl. but i loved – more... the 6-2:30 shifts becuase i still had most of my afternoon. – less
Working Shipping and Receiving at Canadian TIre
o Warehouse and Receiving Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, OntarioSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible hours available during school
Cons: low wages
At this job I learned a great deal of skills I can carry on to my next job. I learned time management as receiving hours greatly restricted and it was imperative to complete all tasks within a certain timeframe in order to be ready to accept each delivery in a timely manner. I learned to treat my co-workers with a combination of encouragement, patience – more... and constructive criticism to create enjoyable and constructive relationships at work. While I enjoyed being an integral part of many aspects of the workings of the store, I feel now that I would like to put my interests and education to good use and become part of a workplace that is more challenging and rewarding. – less
Productive and Fun workplace
Sports Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, OntarioSeptember 15, 2014
Would show up for my shifts ready to work, there is usally a bunch of floor stock that comes to the floor, once floor stock is done we would help customers and walk down each aisle and tidy it up.
Ive learned how to problem solve with other team members, ive learned how to communicate and and handle situations with customers, ive also learned how to – more... work well with others and/or individual.
Co workers were amazing, so understanding and were always there when i needed something, great bunch of people, made me like my job that much more.
Hardest part of my job would be dealing with no so friendly customers and how to ease down the situation and resolve it fast fun and friendly.
Enjoyable part of my job was knowing im coming to work to help out the business but not only that, i get to communicate and meet new people and just learn different things each day i can use in my future. – less

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos