Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,115 reviews matching the search
Acting Hardware Manager/Sales associate
Acting Manager of the Hardware/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC2 February 2017
Canadian tire had a self learning environment. My manager was very supportive of me (i was very shy). I soon became a person to go to for my knowledge and i gained a lot of confidence working there.
Pros
Confidence
It was a great place to work
Garden center associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Canadian tire because of the friendly atmosphere . I loved working in the garden center as I was outside more often then not. Management was quick to accommodate for the little things that come up . All in all I would say that my favorite thing about Canadian Tire was dealing with the customers.
Good benefits, however lack of stability
Customer Relationship Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 February 2017
Job can be repetitive, as a part-timer, hours can be as little as 15 a week, and at odd hours.
Work environment is OK, however little time to bond with other customer service reps.
Pros
good dress code
Cons
lack of stable work hours
Totally dependant on your outlook
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC1 February 2017
Obviously not a long term career for most but if it is there are many opportunities to move up to corporate level. I personally witness these types of advancements which was very awesome to see.
First workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Casselman, ON31 January 2017
It agree place to work. We are a team. We support the people and help them. My job is to help poeple. I m doing as well the change over during the season periode. The week end im a supervisor at the cash. Make sure my cashier or ok give money when they need it serve customer. Do returns
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON31 January 2017
Typical day at the workplace would be come in a 9am and open your cash, Then threw out the work day you cash everyone out, and at the end of your shift you clean your cash and sign out.
Productive and fun place to work.
Hardware Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 January 2017
This place is a fun place to work. People are very friendly . We are a one big happy family where everyone help each other to fulfill a certain task or certain obstacle.
N/a
Garden Centre Associate, Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2017
I felt as if I was under appreciated for my efforts given how hard I worked and the lack of recognition that ensued because of a lack of respect for someone trying to make something of themselves
Great Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2017
Canadian Tire is a great workplace. As a hardware sales associate, there have been many growing opportunities for me within the field of sales, and knowledge within hardware. Canadian Tire has been a great asset to help me develop skills necessary as a sales associate.
Pros
Great Management Team
Cons
No Cons
fun and easygoing workplace
Co-op Student/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bells Corners, ON30 January 2017
i really enjoyed working there as a coop student there really fun people not too demanding very flexible hours i unfortunately id not get a job there after my placement but would of loved to get one
Fairly simple job with great team members
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 January 2017
Typical day at work is engaging with customers and offering the best customer service to my ability. I have learned how to develop better communication skills with my managers and co workers. The management team there was very welcoming and straight forward, any help or questions that I had they were always there to answer. The hardest part of the job was carrying out heavy items such as treadmills, and difficulty with getting bicycles from the bike shelf. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to fulfill the customers needs and sending them home with a smile.
Pros
The music being played in store
Cons
Heavy lifting
Alright job for a student or part time work
Hardware/Tools/Paint + Customer Care Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 January 2017
They are reasonably flexible for hours if you are in school or have other commitments. mostly everyone that works there is friendly and helpful. pay was alright but not anything outstanding.
great people and awesome benefits
Seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT30 January 2017
I enjoyed working at Canadian tire during the time i spent there.
It required a positive attitude and a can do spirit.
just think the more hours you work the more money you will make.
i also liked the manager who was a positive and respectful worker.
Pros
lunch party
Cons
far from school
Great team atmosphere.
Gas station attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON (city center)30 January 2017
Canadian Tire is a quality workplace with great corporate ethics, unfortunately I felt restricted with the ability to advance further in the company and thus I left for the Home Depot.
Pros
Great corporation to work for.
Cons
Limitations on advancement.
great co workers and service management
Service/Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2017
I enjoy my coworkers and the service manager. The new GM is awful. The fast paced environment is good. I love writing up work orders and helping people solve their problems.

I want to leave because the new store manager is insufferable
Pros
staff
Cons
GM
fast paced environment
Automotive Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 January 2017
working at Canadian tire as a automotive sales associate I was able to learn about the basic necessities for a vehicle for example what oil certain cars take, I was able to learn what products are best to use for certain cars either exterior or interior. And as a result of working with costumers all day everyday I was also able to learn how to grow my communication skills and my over all costumer service skills.
Pros
knowledgable
Cons
Sales Associate-Automotive Parts (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC27 January 2017
A typical day consisted of: assisting customers via telephone/in person, stocking shelves, maintaining certain departments..etc.
I learned an abundance about automotive parts (at the time) for a girl who went in with little to no knowledge on typical components on a vehicle.
Management was around, however, never usually associated with myself or many others.
The workplace was filled with good people who were ready, and willing to work.
The hardest part of the job was the "not knowing" factor. I didn't (and still do not) know everything about anything, so there were times when I would have to improvise/figure out answers for customers. It was difficult, but taught me great skills about problem solving, and thinking on the spot, all while being efficient.
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was in the automotive department. It brought me steps closer to where I am now, and I learned a lot.
Pros
Reliable hours
Cons
Management stayed distant, and unknown for the most part
A great learning experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC27 January 2017
It is a great learning experience as the work environment is quite diverse and you are able to gain new skills and a better understanding of the workforce.
Pros
30 minute lunch breaks if you work more than 4 hour shifts.
Cons
Management wasn't very efficient with cashier organization.
fun work place with wonderful team members
Cashier & Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 January 2017
A typical day at work is never the same as before because there's always a different scenario with different customers. Everyday I learn something new. The management is alright, the people are fun and entertaining to work with.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC26 January 2017
Always could find yourself doing something. Some customers were great others could get rude. Co workers were amazing! miss them all so much already! working with out these guys isn't going to be as fun.