Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,761 reviews matching the search
productive and team building
Ware house staff (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 17, 2016
I had a very productive work environment. I learned skills in customer service and workplace interpersonal skills.
I perfected my time management skills during my time there.
I enjoyed the comaraderie of the team environment. I hope to further hone these skills with future employment.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
split shifts
Fun place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 8, 2016
Great place to work! Very friendly environment, and I like the camaraderie of my co-workers. Management is awesome at this establishment. Merchandising is like working with a puzzle, and seeing how all the pieces just seem to come together, most enjoyable! The hardest part of this job is spending all day on my feet! Many days of tired, achy feet!
Pros
discounts on store products and services
Cons
all day on your feet
productive
Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 2, 2016
A typical day at work i would take a brief browse thru different aisles facing each product (making it look presentable and neat). i learned how to communicate better with customers and employees. The hardest part of my job is putting up with and providing service to angry customers. I have learned to handle it over time and now it is not a problem. The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying a customers needs.
Pros
Near home
Cons
No discounts
Poor management, bad pay, no advancements
Installer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 26, 2016
Worked at canadian tire for many years. They pay the bear minimum while making you pickup the pieces that management failed to collect. Had 2 shop foremen and one refused to be help to anyone and made others do his work for him all while taking in the hours. He gets paid the hourly guy gets paid. Win win right? Wrong. Not saying this is the corporations fault but its taking money from their own pocket when they're paying a person to work hourly while they also pay the technician the amount of time for the job. If you dont care about getting more than minimum wage and would like to be timed doing jobs, told how fast you have to work, be blamed for things you havent done, be critisized by a group of hypocrites, have to sign contracts to abide by their rules. Then by all means this is the job for you.
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
One awful shop foreman, tyrannic coworkers, poor management
Great job for a student, to become more familiar how to make money for life.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
I have been working in Canadian Tire during the summer brake 2015, and overall experience is good, as you always have to meet and help new people. This job made me better at critical thinking, as well as better at time managing. A become a great "multitasker", and become more familiar with Canadian culture.
Pros
Paid breaks, good amount of hours
Cons
In a long run, becomes rather boring then challenging
A very productive job with great communication
seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMay 12, 2016
I enjoyed my days of work at Canadian Tire and always made sure to show up on time or even earlier. I am very flexible with my time and I got work done efficiently. I learned a lot about the products I dealt with for example "top soil" and "black earth". The management was very approachable and typically friendly to both customers and employees alike. There were many employees working at once to get jobs done before closing. People would alternate from working and going on break when they needed to. The hardest part of the job was a lot of the tedious heavy lifting of patio blocks but I got used to them over time. The most enjoyable part of the job is how welcome I felt to be there, most people enjoyed what they were doing and everyone worked hard.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch
Cons
Can get very stressful with a lot of customers
Good First Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 22, 2016
This was a good first job to get me on my feet with experience, and after 3 years I feel as though I have hit a plateau and would like to move on. Retail no matter where you work isn't great, however working here has given me the tools needed to be able to deal with the public and give excellent customer service.
overall atmosphere
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2016
working at Canadian tire i had experienced a very laid back environment overall by management. and really got a kick out of helping customers out and educating them on product.
Pros
2 breaks after 5 hours
Cons
lots of higher up harrassment waived by management
Hard-working environment
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 23, 2016
Canadian Tire was a great place to get situated in work. The warehouse was clean and very professional. Every employee had strived for success in their own way. I could never say anything bad about an employer, but to find another spot like this would be great.
Pros
Good lunch room
Cons
Too busy
grest place to start
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 25, 2016
I have been with Canadian tire for 4 years it is a great place to gain experience
a typical day includes doing stock, helping customers, and cleaning up at the end of the night(facing)
management is awesome very caring and will always be there to help
the staff are like a family they care about each other
Pros
managment and staff
Cons
dificult customers
Not a bad place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ONApril 23, 2016
I didn't work here long because the manager did not understand my anxiety issues. It was a stressful environment but the work was not too hard. I liked working with customers. I was responsible for customer service, cashiering, selling OLG & tobacco products, and filling propane tanks.
Pros
felexible hours
Cons
stressful environment
Unique work experience
Cashier and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 27, 2016
McDonalds was the first food industry related job I ever got. It was a unique experience for me. I learned to work with a variety of customers and co-workers, some friendly, others not so much. However, regardless of whether I liked this job or not, it taught me how to step out of my comfort zone. I am now much more comfortable and am better able to handle new and/or unfamiliar situations.
Positive and motivating staff members, school orientated, experienced in all departments.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 20, 2016
- I am a cashier/customer service. Depending how busy it may be, I also work on stalk for all departments.
- I learned that customers always come first and help satisfy their needs.
- The management is very accommodating with my school schedule.
- My co-workers keep the workplace fun.
- The hardest part of my job is dealing with unpleasant customers.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and putting a smile on their face. Also, working with my great staff team.
Pros
Get my discount for products in the store and occasionally treat staff members ex. free pizza/donuts
Cons
Not enough hours given
Good company to get retail exposure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  sheppard ave E, Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2016
It is very good work environment
Only hours are less, mostly hire as part time employee.
Good training in store and online.
Cooperative Management
Pros
Staff discounts at store. Friday pizza party for staff involvement is good.
Cons
Usually hires as part time employee
fun place to work for a first job
Former Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 3, 2016
A typical day of work consists of stocking and re-stocking merchandise, facing merchandise, dealing with customers and helping them find what they need, cleaning up, loading items into customers' cars, helping with outdoor items
Pros
good environment
Cons
not so great if your a Full-Time student as well
decent job, terrible management
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Paris, ONMay 25, 2016
A typical day at work included stocking shelves, customer service and all other basic retail service responsibilities.
Co-workers were all lazy, incompetent and weak. They all made me do half of their jobs for them and would complain to management behind my back when I would make an honest mistake. All Canadian tire stores are independently owned, so this does not speak for the whole corporation. I was supposed to be working garden centre but due to my fellow employee's incompetence I rarely got to complete my assigned tasks as I was constantly busy finishing theirs for them. Management had it in for me the moment i spoke to a girl he liked and tried terminating me every moment after that. Thus ensued the 'his word against my word' situation. I honestly felt like I was in highschool at this place. Overall not a nice place to work (Paris location)
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
A lack of maturity, and selfish co workers
Exciting new environment with lots of helpful staff.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Amherstburg, ONMarch 14, 2016
Typically I would come home from school and go straight to work for a 4-6 hour shift. I learned cash skills and a lot of customer service skills, for example how to react with displeased customers. My management was extremely helpful while they were present and my co-workers were very patient with teaching me. My hardest experience was learning how to work the cash register. I had zero cash experience before, but I strive in math so that made things a lot easier. The most enjoyable part of my job was during the busy hours when I got to meet lots of new people and keep myself busy.
Daily challenges makes the job interesting.
Associate Dealer (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABJune 8, 2016
Great company to work for but is inconsistent from store to store the rules are different and need to be learned early. The benefits were good for a retail business and for the most part your needs were looked after.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Inconsistent between stores
Good staff atmosphere, kept busy
Sales assosiate (Former Employee) –  High River, ABMay 26, 2016
Customers come first, helped answer questions and relocate customers to the correct department.
Learned about retail, how it works and the system behind it.
Didn't get treated very well by management, loved all co-workers and never had a problem working with fellow associates.
Productive and caring environment.
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 14, 2016
Excellent co workers, busy days go by very quickly, the hardest part of the job is having to break bad news to customers that their vehicle needs extensive and expensive repairs, learning about vehicles was very intriguing.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
only 40 hours a week

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location