Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd
1,033 reviews

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great coworkers and support structure
Customer Service (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: community feel, great benefits and salary
Cons: varying hours, high call volume, limited call support
even though it was a call centre, there was great communication between coworkers and supervisors. Great support team dedicated to employee success and satisfaction
Decent workplace
Sales Associate Hardware & Houseware (Former Employee), Richmond HillApril 5, 2015
An average day would be arriving at the store and stocking up on items that are not on the shelf. While restocking the store I would help customers in need with answering questions about a product or helping them find it.
Great company to help get into the workforce
Merchandising Associate, Promotions (Former Employee), oshawaApril 5, 2015
Good company that helped me get into to the workforce, and getting me ready for a career. overall a good company to help young people get into working in the real world
fun and busy workplace
Part time Seasonal department associate (Former Employee), st.albert, abMarch 31, 2015
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: low pay, minuscule discount
great atmosphere with lots of great employees but very underpaid for the work that they do. lots of different jobs and things to do around the store never bored and always busy.
Get the opportunity to meet and greet a variety of customers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Owen Sound Ontario.March 30, 2015
I work with some awesome people who all try to work together as a positive team. Learned many computer skills, some good and some not so good.
The hardest part of the job is trying to keep car wash running and dealing with inside customers when you are the only employee working at that time.
Most enjoyable is when it all comes together and all your customers leave happy.
A good place to work - with good benefits and work / life balance
Associate Business Manager (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and work life balance
Cons: Siloed at times
Lots of variety in terms of job duties
Learned a very systematic approach to marketing and new business development.
Management is very strategic
Great group of coworkers
Hardest part of the job is working within conservative guidelines for marketing and business management
Very supportive group of co-workers
Fun work place
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), KanataMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Amazing General Manager, Great staff to work with, many opportunities to move up with in the company
Cons: Not enough staff at times, Stressful environment
I really enjoyed working for Canadian Tire as I had the opportunity to work for two different locations, and both locations I worked for I had a great experience
Fun, productive and helpful
Stock Filler (Former Employee), Selkirk, MBMarch 26, 2015
Pros: incentive lunches, thank you lunches and always smiles and appreciation.
I enjoyed working with my team at Canadian Tire, if only for a short time. Everyone was friendly, helpful and patient. I learned a few things about different products, for example, fans, humidifiers/purifiers. I became adept at using a RF machine.
I found that one is never too old to learn something new.
Ok work environment
Cashier & Full-serve Attendant (Current Employee), Odessa, OnMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Freedom, as long as the custom is served and they are happy.
Cons: Disorganization of the company its self and its help desk.
Canadian Tire is an alright place to work and I definitely have enjoyed working there for the last 3 years. I year full-time and the other 2 part-time while I was in school. The manager at my store is very flexible with my school schedule so that does help and I have enjoyed that.

There are some things about the company that I do not agree with but I am sure that they will change over time.

My co-workers are great people to work with and I enjoy it a lot I do not what I would do during the days if I did not have them.

I like to keep busy and make sure that the store is cleaned on a regular basis and that everything is in working order.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: early mornings
fun workplace and great interactions with coworkers. Hard and very fast paced work environment with a tinge of physical fatigue. Very close to commute
I really love to help people and seeing there smiling face when the leave, because they'll be back
Cashier/Sports/Seasonal/Garden Center (Current Employee), Kirkland, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: serving the customers & meeting new people
Cons: Heavy lifting 20-40 kg
Filling shelves, merchandising,
a lot of stair climing to get merchandise for customers and for filling shelves
Lots of heavy lifting
the best part is my customers, I love to serve them and help them any way I can
I love merchandising and the garden center
Productive and a fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oliver, BCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: gift cards on your birthday
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work would be very busy yet exciting i was learning new things everyday and my co-workers were always fun and happy people making my work space a lot more comfortable.
Happy workplace environment
Customer Service/ Cashier (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 23, 2015
I've learned a lot working as a customer service associate within the last couples years including patience, how to make a customer happy, how to multitask and how to keep myself organized. I've worked with some great people and it really makes a huge difference, personally I find it's better when everyone works as a team, it helps you get your job done faster and it makes it just a little more enjoyable. The hardest part of my job would have to be the language barrier. Occasionally a customer will come in and not know how to speak English and there would be nobody in the store who speaks their language. I find sometimes using actions or demonstrations is the best way to help them understand. The most enjoyable part would have to be finding ways to connect with customers or having customers come back just because they enjoyed your service.
Supportive and friendly place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: discount on goods
Cons: not any steady reliable hours per week
Look after customers, stock shelves, clean work place, make lists for reorder, Inventory checks.

I learned more self confidence.

The people I worked with were supportive an enjoyable.

The most enjoyable for me is always the interaction with people.
Very long hours.
Cashier (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: hour long lunches
Cons: very long hours
Being a cashier meant only leaving the floor when you were told.
Customer service skills and cash training were obtained easily.
Management was very critical and harsh, rude and not very helpful or guiding.
Hardest part of the job was to stay after a shift was over, because everyone needed to be told that they could leave (this was especially true for closing. If anyone was scheduled until 9pm, we would almost always leave at 9:45pm).
Enjoyable was the people worked with, however there was not many.
Working as a cashier is also enjoyable.
Hardware Tools
Sales Associate (Former Employee), BramptonMarch 19, 2015
Cons: 9am 5pm
I learn a lot working at Canadian tire putting away different tools items Steal toe boots work with other staff member as a team. Always show up on time for work or even earlier before i start work.
Very Family Orientated
Houseware Manager (Former Employee), Swift Current, SKMarch 18, 2015
I really liked the job it was a very professional, but yet understanding work environment. The management team were supportive and family orientated.
Horrible management
Team Project Manager (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 17, 2015
horrible management lack of communication no time management. doesn't know how to talk to other employees. Other managers have no team culture and isn't able to make you feel comfortable in the work place
Fun workplace where I can develop new skills with different jobs around the store
Cashier Lead/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 17, 2015
Often I work customer service, helping customers with their returns or other inquiries. Other days I work on the floor merchandising aisles based on a planogram that has been created by head office. I am always learning new skills in this job which keeps the job interesting.
Fun place with nice people
Systems\Citrix Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2015
My day to day duties were following the ticketing system and checking my servers or users if they have any issues, resolving all types of issues in the environment.

I learned alot from this job and i was also able to share my knowledge with my colleagues.

My manager and my colleagues were very friendly towards me.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos