Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 1,996 reviews matching the search
Great workplace to work
Project Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
-Shown up on time, Prepared for constant meeting.
-Learn new technologies.
-Great management and easy to deal with and understanding.
-Excellent co-workers were able to share knowledge.
-Misunderstanding.
-To work with great company and able to provide my knowledge.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NS18 August 2016
Your daily routine depends on your shift, but is very well laid out. I have learned many things regarding customer service and consumers. At present, I have learned many things regarding the hardware department, cash and look forward to learning more.

All of my co-workers are great to work with. They are pleasant and always willing to help out.

The hardest part of my job are the physical requirements. The most enjoyable parts of my job include helping people, always having the opportunity to learn more, being responsible for your own department, working with great people, always having the opportunity to move forward and being compensated for your advancements.
Low stress environment providing responsibility
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON19 August 2016
The average day as a part-time employee includes ensuring a well stocked department. Throughout each shift various tasks would be assigned while tending to customers. Before the store closed all departments would have to clean and fix up all isles to be prepared for the next morning. I learned all the responsibilities of managing a department by myself after the supervisor left. Also, to work with other department co-workers to provide information and satisfaction to all customers.
Pros
Low stress, easy-going job
Cons
Not the best hours
Great co-workers. Typical retail pay.
Automotive Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 August 2016
The day to day at Canadian Tire is pretty straightforward: Help the customer and take care of the retail floor. As a manager the job is not hard but leaves a lot to be desired in terms of advancement. I firmly believe this has a lot to do with the fact that each store is individually owned. This being the case, there really is no program set in place to help employees advance their career.
Like Death warmed over
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 September 2016
Not a place you want to be employed.
As an auto mechanic working Flat Rate you will starve.
No cars come into the shop. Then management blame the techs on poor productivity.
When you only have the opportunity to work on 2 - 3 cars in a twelve hour shift you have no chance of making any money.
On a good "busy" week I was averaging 20 hrs pay in a 40+ hour work week.
Work with some great people
Sales Associate - Hardware (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 August 2016
Love working with my team. Everyone is super friendly and generous with their knowledge. My immediate manager is a wonderful lady, and is always on hand to support her staff. You do find that you are called upon to take on lots of tasks outside of your actual job remit. Staffing has been a pretty big issue, and turnover is pretty high. i think this would be resolved by employing the right people for the job, and not simply piling things onto existing staff - because they all seem to leave because of workload expectations. Sadly this is a big store run with a small store mentality.
Pros
Great workmates
Cons
High expectations - not great money
Fast Paced Environment Fun Work Place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK18 August 2016
A typical day at work is usually pretty busy considering that it is a big company and a lot of people shop there. So that means that it is hard to please every single customer that walks through the door. With that being said everyone stays professional and tries our best to please them as much as we can. The managers are all pretty easy to get along with as long as your not fooling around on the job. My co-workers and I got very close, sort of like a family, so they make the job better even on the worst days. The hardest part of the job is when you're having a bad day and you get a customer who is very angry with you about something you have no control over, but that is going to happen anywhere. I enjoy going to work most days because I like my job.
canadain tire
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB3 December 2016
learned the AS400 system plus the shipping and reciving in the costar system , unloading and loading of trucks and trailers , felllow staff was great to work with and always something new to learn and do . hardest part was waiting on trucks
Pros
friendly staff to each other
Cons
weired hours
Productive Workplace and Friendly Staff/Management
Cashier and stock person (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, AB11 August 2016
In a typical workday I would run the till and bag items. I would also stock shelves, it all depended on what job I was assigned to that day. I learned good customer service skills and how to locate things throughout a store quickly and efficiently. The management was very easy to get along with and they worked well with the staff as a team to get the jobs done. I think the hardest part of the job was being short staffed on busy days with only very few tills at my location. The most enjoyable part of the job was how everyone seemed like one big family, when I left the job due to moving cities they gave me a card that everyone had signed.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
very few vacation hours
Enjoyable environment in preferred department
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON17 December 2016
I learned how to use an RF scanner and basic customer service. the hardest part of job was doing several tasks as well as customer service. I most enjoyed being in my hometown and seeing people I knew coming into the store.
Pros
Social
Cons
Few Hours
Is ok Job
Detailer/Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON10 November 2016
They only offer you long day hours 10 to 12 hours a day. During tire season the job is plenty but after tire season your hours get severely cut and they don't care if you like it or not. The job is ok good equipment and products to do the job.
Pros
Good equipment and quality products
Cons
They cut your hours
Amazing Employer!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deep River, ON14 September 2016
I loved loved LOVED working for Canadian Tire. The management was awesome. My fellow employee were wonderful. The Company was really good to work for. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I immensely enjoyed dealing with the public on a daily basis. I would have stayed longer but I had to register for Maternity Leave.
An experience
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2016
I learned about many different departments while at Canadian Tire; ranging from automotive to housewares. Unfortunately, during busy times, it was necessary for me to provide customer service in many different areas of the store due to a sometimes lack of staff in other sections The problem with this is, for different sections, I only knew basic information rather than specific. I was a part-time employee, but near the end of my time with Canadian Tire, I was working 40 hours a week; it was hard to manage school with so many hours. However, my coworkers in my section were very friendly, as were some of the managers, and in the end I would say that the staff made my time at Canadian Tire enjoyable.
Pros
Adjusted to my schedule (at first).
Cons
Part-time 40 hours.
Good management, good store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2016
Though I worked at Canadian Tire some years ago I will always remember my department manager; he was a cool guy, laid back and easy to talk to. Out of all the managers I've met in my lifetime I'd definitely have to say the manager I had at Canadian Tire definitely was the easiest to talk to and get along with.
He was an understanding guy, and always knew how to have a good time at work while also setting the standard for his employees.
Pros
relaxed work environment, good managers
Cons
late nightshift hours (12am or later)
Great Staff to work with
Garden Centre Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 September 2016
Canadian Tire is a great place to work. I have had a great 10 career with CTC. I have met a lot of great co workers that developed into great friendships. Hours can be rough but it is no different from any other retail job.
Pros
Free Lunchs
Cons
Never know the schedule for the up coming week until the 2 days before it started
Excellent work relations
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 August 2016
My typical day involves electrical maintenance and repairs to equipment used in the distribution center.
It is great company to work for, I would recommend it to anyone.
My only problem is my shift. I have been working midnight for over eleven years. I am finding it a little difficult to do the continuous midnight shift.
Pros
I am confortable working with all the equipment in the DC
Cons
Midnight shift
Hard Working General Labour Environment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 August 2016
Used advanced talk man picking equipment
Carried over 3000 pounds of merchandise a day
Responsible for cleaning and organizing my module
Read order to determine catalog number, size and amount of goods
Ensured that the accurate number and type of product as loaded and shipped
 Cleaning plastic totes and arranging for delivery
hard work little pay
Tire Tech (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 August 2016
working in the auto shop people always want things done yesterday at half price, they try to strong arm you over the counter and yell at you in the shop, and the managers do not have your back they try to pile as many cars as they can in the auto shop without thinking about how many people they had on that day, in a hour sometimes i had 4 cars to do all with oil changes and tire rotations. setup for one car took about 10 minutes that includes finding the car pulling it in writing the work order and the work took another 10-20 if everything went smoothly, but with cars they never do, you learn to work around it and get better its a really difficult learning curve and I loved it.
Great place to work with
Fill Crew (Former Employee) –  Cambie, BC11 August 2016
A fun workplace,a typical day at work is helping out with customers purchases and stocking on shelves.I learned to use scanners,Management was great they always give us incentives something you look forward to every month.There wasn't really a hard part of the job when you love your job.Most enjoyable part of the job is feeling accomplished after helping out the customers needs.
Pros
free food
Stock shelves, Liaise with/assist customers, Assist in supervisor objectives.
Floor Crew/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL3 August 2016
A typical work day for myself begins by observing what duties need to be assigned to specific staff members. The highest priority duties are always completed first.
The management/supervisors are easy to get along with and are always open to any opinions I have to offer. If I believe a task may be completed in a more effective manner, I will always make suggestions by voicing my opinion.
My co-workers generally come to myself to have their daily duties assigned to them.
The hardest part of my job is getting all jobs completed to my own standards. I believe there is always room for improvement.
Pros
Flexibility when needing time off
Cons
No set schedule

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location