Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 November 2017
very organized, great staff, amazing work hours, the management is also good when it comes to flexible hours. They take time when training you so you know exactly what is to be done on the job
Pros
discounts
Good for experience
Tire technician (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS7 November 2017
While I worked for the company I was in school and it help me to get to where i needed to be. i changed tired and did under coating while with the company.
It’s flat rate
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2017
Found this place to be promising , until they tell you it’s flat rate with very little benefits, so unless you feel like sitting around for free, this place just won’t do.
Pros
Decent people
Cons
Flare rate
productive and fun, great expirience with customers
Seasonal and Sports seller (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 November 2017
- Use scanners to introduce new stocks/products into the inventory and organize them in retail floor, following store standards.
- Communicate with team members through radio to effectively assist clients in their needs and orient them in the proper section.
- Assess and provide clients with recommendation on the proper product to acquire
- Relocate entire sections of products in other areas of the store.
Pros
30min
Cons
8hours
okay job
Auto parts (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 November 2017
its like any other retail store. youre gonna run into some real mean people. but Canadian tire is reputable if that's what your looking for. it wasn't for me.
Pros
discounts
Cons
boring, dead end unless you work in the shop..which sucks
rewarded for good performance
Maintenance Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  brampton warehouse5 November 2017
busy maintaining production equipment in timely fashion
maintain safe working conditions
maintain spare parts inventory
update employee training
monitor downtime on equipment and investigate to improve
Pros
employee discount on store products purchased
Ah okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 November 2017
Management sucks. staff are fun and easy to get along with. the job itself was enjoyable but hated how the managment was constantly breathing down your neck about everything and fire people for messed up reasons
I got fired, it was unfair and stupid
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 November 2017
So I got trained for two weeks, I was decent at my job and tried my best. They didn't even give me a red shirt at the end of training, and people from corporation had visited my store during my second week of training. And they gave me an unfair evaluation, like it was my second week. It was a bit upsetting, not going to lie. You put all that time and effort, and you end up getting fired. There was a lot of work, and I was put in one of the most busiest departments. However, a customer complained about me to my co-worker so it made me look pretty bad. so basically i got fired by upper management, and they never gave me a concrete reason.
Pros
Easy work, helping customers is fun, develop social skills, and using the rf scanner
Cons
No benefits, and 10% discount only.
It was pretty good felt not much advancement though
Warehouse worker/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 November 2017
It was pretty good, though I was pretty young. I guess biggest thing was i saw no advancement and even if you did advance the pay was not much more than you were already making.

All in all though its not a bad place to work and out of any other hard ware store, Canadian Tire is probably the best place to work at. Unless you want to advance in the company then its not that great.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Not much chance for advancement in the company
Frustrating workplace with disorganized management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 November 2017
overworked employees left in the lurch and blamed for anything that goes wrong. Employees always get the short end of the stick with customers complaining because of their terrible policies. Have had things thrown at me as well as been verbally assaulted by customers numerous times simply because of the rules I had to follow. Low pay for the amount of emotional distress caused. Cashiers crying in bathrooms etc...
Pros
occasional free food
Cons
bad policies, managers dont care about employees
overall if you need a job its great
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 November 2017
over worked under paid if starting off a lot of favoritism towards senior EE cant be late more then 5 times a year 10 sick days a year crew leads like to take advantage of newer EE
Pros
4 day shifts
Cons
politics
good
Sports Department Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 November 2017
Good job, great co workers! Easy, simple tasks, not too much to think on, only downside is pressure to make customers happy. Management is also goood.
My expierience working at Canadian Tire
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Queensway Gardens, ON1 November 2017
The Queensway Canadian Tire has disrespectful employess and managers who do not care about their customers. The employess are not welcoming and not skilled enough to work there departments. The managers have no respect towards their own employees and do not make you feel apart of the staff team when you work there.
Pros
Closing
Cons
Managers treat employees like garbage
Canadian Tire Corporation
Learning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON1 November 2017
good pay and benefits
supportive management
many workplace perks
good recognition programs
caring workplace culture
good opportunity for career development
Pros
Positive workplace culture
Amazing Workplace
Corporate Events Coordinator, Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
I would go back to Canadian Tire head office in a heartbeat. There was an amazing corporate culture and it is evident that they care about the future as much as the present.
ok but drama
Customer care/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 October 2017
Canadian Tire could be a great work place if managers weren't everywhere in what they wanted staff to do and communication wasn't horrible with managers.
boo
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta31 October 2017
Canadian tire used to be a great company to work for, but, they do not pay their employees very well and they will not compensate your time working their if you decided to go from full time to part time to further your education. Would not recommend for anyone to work here. I have talked to many past and current employees and the common demeanour is hatred for the company.
Pros
some nice employees
Cons
not flexible
Work Day
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, ON31 October 2017
Work days were good i liked the people i worked with they were awesome guys and i miss working there the discount was another thing that is missed from there
Pros
long lunch
Cons
lunch not paid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON31 October 2017
answering incoming calls to retain clients. Short shifts required too much driving as now living in Fort Erie. Great pay and benefits. Good place to work.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short shifts
Constant learning
Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB30 October 2017
Management is easy to get along with. The working environment is fun. Having to work weekends sometimes. Can be clicky at times. Pay is not the greatest.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Working weekends, pay is low.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.