Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,688 reviews matching the search
vary good place of empoylment
instailer (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SKMay 26, 2016
I have work with vary good people when I was at Canadian tire in Yorkton and I would like to work in the Saskatoon store moving out that way soon
Hard work, but valuable experience
Retail Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
- A great company to learn some of the ins and outs of customer service. Canadian Tire has provided me with the opportunity to take my interpersonal and management skills and sharpen them exponentially.
- You can expect to work quite hard here but the discipline that this work instills makes the hard work that you have to put in worth it.
Great Co-op Experience
Technical Specialist Co-op (4 Month Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
I worked as a co-op student for four months and it was a great opportunity to experience how a large company functions. I learned a lot about their values and what matters most in my chosen field.
Good
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 25, 2016
Flexible hours, great work/life balance, great team members and hardworking staff. Opportunities to be challenged in new areas.
Pros
Profit-Sharing
I enjoyed working here.
Hardware Department Manager- Canadian Tire (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONMay 25, 2016
The job was substantial enough to keep me working through my childrens' years of growing up. The work was satisfying and I was able to advance within the retail location. I am now looking at retirement in 10 to 15 years and felt I needed different training to work an office job so I decided to take a year to go back to college.
Productive.
House Ware Department (Former Employee) –  High River, ABMay 25, 2016
Typical day at work: Assisting customer's, and co workers. Making labels. Quick Pick List. Signage. Putting away stock. Merchandising. Clean work area. Cashier. What I learned: My strengths, and weaknesses. Management: (Store Manager) is bitter, rigid, unfair, and abusive to staff. Co-workers: The best team I ever worked with. The hardest part of the job: Harassment from store manager. What I disliked: The constant monitoring of what I said, what I did, where I was, at all times from manager's. What I enjoyed: From my customer's: talk, listen, find what they needed, and getting to know them. From co-workers: Our friendships, fun, and laughter.
Pros
Complements from my supervisor's on a job well done. Spending time with co-workers during break time, and lunch.
Cons
Lack of respect, and unappreciated.
Fun outgoing workplace
Installer (Former Employee) –  Kamloops British ColumbiaMay 25, 2016
I have furthered my knowledge in the automotive field working for this company with help from the great employees that I have worked with over the past year and a half. The environment always put off a joyful vibe and made work very enjoyable.
Pros
Great work Environment
Great place to work if you love working with people!
PARTS ADVISOR/SERVICE WRITER (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABMay 25, 2016
If you are willing to work, be dependable, apply yourself and learn new things, there is a great amount of knowledge you can acquire, and usually room for advancement. The pay was good, benefits were good, no shortage of hours available to those who would work them. The management I worked for were great people, who put pride into their work, and pushed us to as well.
Pros
Great staff, Birthday lunches
Cons
No-shows/working short-staffed
decent job, terrible management
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Paris, ONMay 25, 2016
A typical day at work included stocking shelves, customer service and all other basic retail service responsibilities.
Co-workers were all lazy, incompetent and weak. They all made me do half of their jobs for them and would complain to management behind my back when I would make an honest mistake. All Canadian tire stores are independently owned, so this does not speak for the whole corporation. I was supposed to be working garden centre but due to my fellow employee's incompetence I rarely got to complete my assigned tasks as I was constantly busy finishing theirs for them. Management had it in for me the moment i spoke to a girl he liked and tried terminating me every moment after that. Thus ensued the 'his word against my word' situation. I honestly felt like I was in highschool at this place. Overall not a nice place to work (Paris location)
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
A lack of maturity, and selfish co workers
Good products, good innovations, good atmosphere
Canadian Tire Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MBMay 24, 2016
Canadian Tire Corporation offers benefits and profit sharing to staff of a certain length of tenure. Safety policies and on-line training is available, though some is only available at the store which means spending off-time at work without remuneration.

However, there is room for advancement and moving among departments.
Pros
friendly fellow staff
Cons
need full time hours
Fun if you have friends to work with, hours aren't the best
Stock Person, Sales (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 24, 2016
Long hours always on your feet. I learned how to face items, report damaged items, find items using a hand-held scanner, locate items up high on top shelves using a ladder, creating price tags and labels. The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers who happened to be friends from school. The hardest part was that my feet and legs would become so sore. Very short shifts during the weekdays if you are a student (4 - 4.5 hours). Only long shifts available for students are on weekends (8 hours).
Pros
Fun if your friends are there to keep you company while you work
Cons
Always on your feet
Accountability
CTC Trainer Palletflow/Caseflow Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 23, 2016
Management needs to be held accountable for misguided practices and for power tripping crew leads. Some crew leads need sensitivity training and re-training on being human
Productive and good work environment
Audit Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 23, 2016
Good work/Life balance and mutual respect for Co-workers
Long Hours required when there is a need
The enjoyable part is the team work with as well as getting to work with various functions and levels from associate to top level management.
Long commute to work.
Pros
Respect for Indiviual
Cons
Long commute
It is a good and useful website
Service Adviser (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 23, 2016
Good one i this web site this website for many years and really helpful. This Company is great for surviving job as well as permanent job
Great Place to Work - poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 23, 2016
Great place to work, unfortunately change in management soured the work environment to a poor work life balance. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable
Great stepping stone. "A great day at Canadian Tire"
Sales Associate in the seasonal department (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
Typical day:
-Filling shelves
-Cleaning aisles
-Interacting with customers
-Rain checks
-Hole count sheet
-Selling BBQ's and patio sets

Learned:
- To be patient and respectful at all times
- Acquired knowledge about many products (Lawnmowers, BBQs, gardening products, auto products)
-Effective communication skills

Management:
-Very accommodating to scheduling
-Boss and Managers were friendly and approachable
-Motivated and complimented me on good work and mentioned areas of improvement.

Coworkers:
- Felt at times i had to carry most of the weight
- Felt as times at wasn't always a team effort
-Close knit environment that for some people they would find it hard to differentiate a person being a friend or a coworker.
- I liked how seasonal associates were spread out (front seasonal, back seasonal, garden centre) So the tasks were divided.

Hardest part of job:
-Telling the customers we don't have a product in stock when the computer shows that we have it. It makes me feel guilty that i can not provide the best service to try to deliver that product in their hand.

Enjoyable part:
- Helping customers :) Before working at Canadian Tire i had not dealt with many customers since i was working in a warehouse. Now when i entered a job where it was the primary task was to interact and be in the front line serving customers it was a much needed change . I really enjoyed communicating and interacting with customers and I love being challenged with new situations everyday. It was a great time and i hope to find a job helping others!
Pros
friendly and approachable staff, Staff always ready to hear feedback, One hour lunches, "We care" appreciation gift cards, Employee of the month, profit sharing, work party at a dining hall, door open policy
Cons
gave me 12-9 pm only, Comfortable environment(wanted more challenge, new environment)
problem solving
Auto Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
A typical day at work is customer and technician usually..problem solving and improvising ……..team work is the easiest way of completing tasks and with that it is very fun solving big problems as a team ...
great enviroment to work
shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 18, 2016
enjoyed working here only left because was far driving distance from home.
they treated the employees well and great schedule
Great work experience
Store Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 18, 2016
Store setup and preparation for owner hand over is a tedious project. Change of management excites some staff and to others is dreaded.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Little to no benefits
great place to work
General labourer (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMay 17, 2016
always fun and interesting. great people to work with and willing to help always. everyone gets to work at a good pace and learn about the store and how it's run.
Pros
work at own pace.