Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,421 reviews matching the search
productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 May 2017
not a bad place a lot of people who are annoying and not all managers are great. Some are constantly on you and annoy you all the time. management is alright.
was my first real job
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB8 May 2017
staff worked well however there are a couple managers there that arn't very good and lacked emphasis on keeping things orginized and were more concerned with quotas then to be able to get customers what they wanted, most of my days when working there were spent just trying to find something in the werehouse to get the customer cause it showed 1 in stock but overall was good
Pros
good staff
Cons
disorginzation
My experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 May 2017
Canadian tire may be a good hardware company, but the store that i specifically worked at didn't seem like they care about the well-being of their employees. I am so glad that I quit my job there.
Kognitive marketing review
Marketing field market representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 May 2017
very unethical. Our boss did not tell us all information about the product we were selling allowing for unethical behavior to occur. we were taught to bend the truth in order to avoid topics to increase sales and increase overall wages.
Pleasant work environment with good co-workers. Lots of variety of work is there across a wide number of systems.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario8 May 2017
Wide variety of systems.
Worked with good people.
Progressive management team.
Sometimes a bit bureaucratic.
Business people I worked with were top notch and very appreciative of the work I did for them.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Long commute from Burlington.
Good place and people, but min wage sucks.
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON7 May 2017
Show up, Get jobs done. Help ppl. no way to move up or get a raise. i try to do the best. most management and employees r good. wish most of their products werent made in china.
Good hard working people, fun to go to work
Automotive Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2017
Canadian Tire was great for the time I was there, I was working anywhere from 3-4 times a week. When I became busy they could not work out shifts or return calls so I could try and arrange shifts with management. I felt as if I was left stranded working in an environment that encourages student athletes to work at. Canadian Tire claims they can work around your busy high school life but when I you become free they do not.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no communication
productive and fun enviroment
Customer Service Associate, Auto Parts (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 May 2017
management is great along with coworkers. Great place to work at while I was at university with how flexible they are with scheduling. Only down side was the pay was not as much as I wanted.
productive and good environment
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2017
its a good place to work. i enjoy my role and responsibility
management is very helpful n cooperative. Social Responsibility of business id CT is very good.
Good Job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON6 May 2017
Really fun place to work, great group of people and an amazing atmosphere. Highly recommended for people looking for a straight forward type job with typical challenges
Petty supervisors and managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON6 May 2017
One particular night I was left at my cash during closing because a petty supervisor was upset with me. She actually signed out and left for the night before I was finished. She was upset because I was helping a higher up manager who specifically asked for my help. Petty things like this happened daily. These are not teenagers or young adults either. These are grown adults.
Pros
Sometimes the manager will give you free lunch
Cons
this free lunch will be used as an excuse
fun work place with good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 May 2017
it was my first job, and it was fine, it wasn't easy, but at times the work was so good I enjoyed it that the time go by faster, I learned a lot and I experience what it was to be in retail.
Easy work and well suited for balancing life outside of work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC6 May 2017
This place was my first experience working retail. Until then I was working in labour, landscaping and construction for bitter old grizzled men. It was a different experience working at Canadian Tire. The first time someone gave me a task was the first time anyone had said 'please' to me on a job. I never really had any complaints while working there. The staff were friendly and easy to work with, the hours were good, and we always had enough time for lunch. The pay wasn't anything special but you can't expect too much for such basic grunt work. I'd take that over breaking my back for pennies any day.
Pros
Good hours, good work environment
Good experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON5 May 2017
Working in Garden Centre is fun. I enjoyed working outside. Co-workers are very nice. Management is good. Owner is amazing. Overall good work environment and good people.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
- flixible sachedule so good for part time occupancy.
- you need to deal with all types of customers and be ready to deal with really tough ones.
Kinda
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2017
They have me working in the chemical department i keep on getting sick i was sick most of the time at this job products where hard to find in the warehouse
Work Life Balance
Manager – Supply Chain Major Projects Logistics (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
Opportunity to make a change and learn. Company was supportive for advancement at my speed, providing and financing on the job and after work training.
Great Place to Work and Grow
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON2 May 2017
Canadian Tire gives you the ability to hire a hard working team around you, and gives you the chance to grow the franchise by providing new and innovative revenue streams.
Great place to work, auto manager is the best I've ever had.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2017
Firm manager but very flexible if time off is needed, shift switching, and person issues. Always got what needed to get done, without being unnecessarily overboard on commands. Overall great workplace and I wish I could still work there, had to move to due a housing issue. Would recommend the auto department of this store to absolutely anybody, always rewarding of hard work.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB2 May 2017
I really enjoyed working at Canadian Tire and wouldn't be against working there again in the future.

Everyone is friendly and willing to help, the managers on floor and tough on you but its to keep everything running smoothly.

great place all around
Pros
very friendly
Cons
long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.