Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd
1,134 reviews

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Canadian Tire is a great place to work. Customer service oriented store.
Retail Floor Clerk (Current Employee), Yellowknife, NTJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Profit sharing (some stores), scholarships (Canadian Tire University)
Cons: Not flexible schedule
As a Retail Floor Clerk, you have to deal with customers everyday. Making sure that you give them what they need and if not suggest alternatives.Lack of training specially to the department that I am working today which is Automotive Parts.
Great staff and customers
Seasonal Manager (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: staff
Cons: Upper management needs to learn how to manage people not whip them.
Lack of hours for staff members meant managers had to take up the slack making for some very long days and not enough time to cover all the customers.
Poor employee treatment
automotive (Former Employee), Milton, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Not very labor intensive
Cons: Extremley fluctuating shifts
Canadian tire's approach to employee treatment is one of you the worker are expendable the managers do not care and the staff you will work alongside are genuinely disgruntled over the consistent poor treatment
excellent work environment
Tire Installer/ Oil and Lube Technician (Former Employee), cambridge, ontJuly 13, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: felt like forever
it was a very good work environment, learned lots while working there, great people there, managers were great to work with. all in all I enjoyed my time there.
productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), calgary canadaJuly 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch, or dinner
Cons: pizzas wouldnt cook fast enough for orders
I would make and cut pizza. The management was really supportive, fun and out going. made the workplace and enjoyable place to spend time.
friendly work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto,ONJuly 13, 2015
Pros: fun workplace
Cons: short hours
At Canadian tire i cash out customers, clean up the area, put away stock, label items.At Canadian tire my co-worker were very friendly as well as the management.
Enjoyable place to work
Line Cook at Frank Finnigan's Restaurant (Former Employee), OttawaJuly 10, 2015
Enjoyable place to work with very friendly coworkers. Management is really encouraging and great place to chance your cooking skills.
HORRIBLE IF NEWLY HIRED
WAREHOUSE (Former Employee), WINDSOR ONJuly 9, 2015
Pros: ZERO
Cons: UNPAID 15 MINUTE BREAKS, HOT, DIRTY, LOW PAY, LOTS OF WORK
NO BREAKS WHAT-SO-EVER IF YOU WORK 5 HOURS STRAIGHT.

-no water fountain for anyone
-hot, dirty, no AC or fans, in backroom
-inventory is scattered in unorganized shelving locations

-stock is jammed everywhere-so if a box of chips came in with an expiration date of say 90 days--odds are it will never reach the sales floor.

-you must receive truck BY HAND and every product is physically touched-you – more... are on receiving for 5-6 hours straight.

-scanners are confusing, often malfunction.

-you have to multi-task big time-gather all the carts, receive the truck, move skids, scan and put all product away, do carry outs, find product for customers and set it out in back room, place HEAVY items away by yourself up a ladder, ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

-YOU MUST carry a pen, marker, knife, scanning gun, scan card, pad of paper, work phone, keys, steel toed shoes, at ALL TIMES.

all this for slightly above minimum wage.

GOOD LUCK ! – less
Great People, easy going and not to difficult a job
sales associate in the tools department (Current Employee), olds albertaJuly 9, 2015
Pros: many hours
Cons: minimum wage and unchallenging/repatative work
My experience at Canadian Tire was adequate. I learned new skills and knowledge of businesses and products. I now know much about the retail industry and how it functions. All of my co-workers were likable and generally easy going including the managers. A typical day at work at Canadian Tire includes stocking shelves, creating product lists that are designed to help managers decide what products to order next and which ones to write off as missing. Helping customers that require assistance finding a product is a large part of the job. A lot of memorization skills are needed if someone wishes to be proficient at the job quickly.
Fun atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Steinbach, ManitobaJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Awesome people to work with.
Cons: Didn't pay the best
Loved the people learned a lot about retail. I worked in the sporting goods department which was fun. I had a awesome manager.
not a great experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSJuly 7, 2015
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: the owners were hard to deal with
This was one of the worst places I have ever worked, the owners were very degrading and like to show others how high up on the food chain they were by screaming and treating staff badly in front of costumers and coworkers, there were a lot of managers that were great and tried to help the staff any way they can,
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee), toronto ontarioJuly 6, 2015
Responsible for continually maintaining fully stocked shelves and organized displays
Assisted customers in a very timely manner
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 6, 2015
The Canadian Tire I worked at had great people to work with. It was a very safe and fun workplace. I learned so much during the time that I worked there. It was hot in there though.
Great place to work and the other staff was outstanding
manager (Current Employee), Cranbrook, BCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great staff, work one night a week still as closing manager
Cons: Couldnt have any more advancement opportunities
Yet again Canadian Tire was a great place to work, enjoy people and have great intrapersonal and sales skills. Problem was I got to assistant manager after 8.5 years but couldn't progress anymore. Was a manager at 17 years old and worked 6.5 years as one gaining experience.
Canadian Tire
Store Manager (Former Employee), Whitehorse, YTJuly 2, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Staples. My daily interactions with my associates was imperative so that I could monitor their performance to ensure they were meeting the companies expectations.
Mundane, Customers usually rude and hostile.
Parts desk, Tools/hardware (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MbJuly 1, 2015
Pros: 40 hours a week
Cons: low wage barely increases, bad customers
The job is exactly the same day to day. Customers are terrible mainly hostile and uncooprative when you attempt to help them. Good people do come in regularly but its usualy 50/50. The managers I had where nice, good to get along with and such. Except for one who like to bully employees.Dont expect much of a raise; 10 to 20 cents max.
worked hard - rested little
Call Support Analyst, Level II (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2015
Pros: learned about many different facets of the company operations
Cons: Lack of job advancement
Our small team deployed new machines across Canada within a tight timeline. First and Second level support provided across entire company remotely when possible and locally, utilizing our previous work experience to resolve various technical issues.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), McCowan and SheppardJuly 1, 2015
Interesting days work
Learn a lot about products and how to deal with customers
Management very good
Co-workers are friendly
When customers ask for an item that you don't have knowledge about
Always learning
A good stable part-time job...
Customer Care, Cashier (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Staff discounts on in store products, Excellent and very understanding manager
Cons: Long Hours, no room for career advancement
Shifts ran from 6 to 12 hours.
Learned invaluable customer service skills.
Management was extremely understanding and would usually try to work with the staff to make the work environment as comfortable as possible for all concerned.
Co-workers where for the most part reliable and trustworthy. Could be counted on to to arrive on time for shift changes.
Hardest part of the job: Dealing with irate customers.
Most enjoyable part of the job: working up a core of regular customers that resulted in a first name basis during transactions.
Productive work place
Team member (Former Employee), Dundas, ONJune 30, 2015
Several interactions with customers on a regular basis. Due to the difference in age creating a close relationship with co-workers became a more difficult task. Although, a very friendly environment and management was very welcoming.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos