Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great
v Excellent team worker (Current Employee), Ottawa,ONMay 21, 2015
Fantastic working atmosphere with great people. I have learned how to work in a fast pace environment, to be a self starter and to always be on time.
Good place to start
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Fun staff
Cons: Poor management throughout company
Canadian Tire has a fun staff and the work environment is not stressful. The Job/Work life balance is not very lenient and the salary is not competitive. The management's innovative spirit could be improved.
installer (Former Employee), London, ONMay 21, 2015
Cons: equipment maintenance
Enjoyed working with a great bunch of people. In my opinion the management needs to take responsibility for things within their control not put the responsibility off on their employees. With disciplinary actions and injuries due to equipment failure being the result.
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee), MississaugaMay 20, 2015
Good company to work for. Very flexible and easy to work with for time off, etc.
Great management team. I worked extremely hard with this business to keep the store clean and functioning at its highest with the responsibility of the entire front cash end.
Solid introductory job for aspiring young people.
Lot Attendant & Seasonal Garden Support (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 17, 2015
Pros: General work experience and was very easy as a first job.
Cons: Weather in Alberta.
I worked in Parking Lot Attendant or as the unofficial term was "the Cart Boy", it involved bringing stray carts from outside the store and putting them back in the cart corrals inside the store, additionally – more... I'd help where needed for example helping someone carry a heavy load to their car or just helping another department with a time consuming or labor intensive task. A typical day at work involved lots of customer interaction, a fair amount of physical labor and overall nice colleagues. I learned how to interact with customers in a fair but professional manner regardless of customer behavior. The management was critical to daily tasks. Co workers were friendly and hard working while completing tasks assigned to them in timely fashions. The hardest part of my job was that it was primarily an outdoor job in Alberta. The best part of my job was positive customer interaction, having someone enter the store and me being a important part in making their visit as short and painless as possible really put a small smile on face. – less
Beginner Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 16, 2015
Your hours are set by a supervisor. You clock in and stand at the cashier booth. The coworkers were friendly and the atmosphere was great. Usually everything is going smoothly unless there's a rush or a customer is complaining about something.
The middle management have too much authority and are biased. There is a little chance to be promoted within the company if your manager does not like
Manager, A/R and billing (Current Employee), TorontoMay 16, 2015
Your tasks are pre-defined but can change rapidly depending on the management's need. Document each conversation with your manager for your own sake. The teamwork is not occurring naturally, it has to be dictated by the superior. Lack of training but expectations are high. Company favours young employees, CPA, CA preferred.
Logistics
Logistics (Former Employee), Brampton. ONMay 14, 2015
Very fun but sometimes slow work environment with great people and good management. sometimes overtime as well on the weekends.
Great staff to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great Staff
Cons: Spotty hours at best
Every Canadian Tire is run a bit differently but the one thing that has stayed constant throughout my experience was the great staff that worked there. The staff generally got along well and supported – more... each other in a variety of tasks. The typical day working at a Canadian Tire as a sales associate was mainly filled with providing exceptional customer service and ensuring the shelves were filled with product. Management would delegate tasks and keep the staff focused on priority tasks such as selling certain new products or fixing problem areas in the store. Furthermore, management made sure all staff were equipped to deal with the daily challenges that we faced on the floor and if there was a problem they would fix it as soon as possible. The hardest part of the job was dealing with very difficult customers that left you emotionally exhausted afterwards and trying to bounce back from said customer. Although difficult customers are exhausting I learned quite a bit of patience and learned how to let things go in order to keep working at optimal capacity. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was helping customers find exactly what they needed as their appreciation for your effort was a reward in itself. – less
Great experiance
Auto Shop Technician (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABMay 13, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: none
Great staff, good pay , okay benefits, and the learning experience was great. very multi-cultural and very hard working staff.
great company to work for
ߨ Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 13, 2015
Canadian Tire Corporation is a great place to work for. Coming from working at a store and going to work for head office has given me the opportunity to apply my knowledge from store level to the corporate world and helping stores across Canada with there day to day operations.
An Ok Start Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Paid 15 minute breaks, if you're a cashier you can work in garden center
Cons: If you work 40 hours you will be punished, expect you to drop whatever you're doing to come and work, very negative environment
My experience at Canadian Tire was not the best. I was a cashier and was always looking for hours. The managers are not the nicest some are but not all. I was punished for working too many hours.
horrible workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ON and Aylmer, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: learning experience
A typical day at work at the garden centre would be waiting around for customers with nothing to do most of the time, trying to stay busy by cleaning and organizing, I would get in trouble for leaving – more... my station and then get in trouble for not doing anything because it was rarely busy at my station. My co-workers constantly complained about how under staffed the place always is and how they have a hard time helping customers because they are busy helping other customers or trying to get their work done before the end of the shift. My co-workers have told management this problem but they refuse to hire more people. They told me when I was being hired that It was permanent, full-time position and then fire me when they find out that I'm pregnant before my 3 month probation is over, meanwhile I'm getting all great feedback from everyone telling me Im catching on quickly and doing a great job. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers, because they actually appreciate you unlike the employers. During one summer I worked at the garden centre and had to work every single weekend, all weekend. When I asked if another girl could take my shift so that I could have one day of a weekend off so that I could take my daughter to the zoo, I had to beg for it off because the initial answer was no. Meanwhile, I was a good employee who came in for a shift when my manager forgot to set the schedule for the week, I figured she forgot to put it in the system, so being the good worker that I was, I came in just in case, the one manager said thank you and noticed my good deed, but the manager at the garden centre didn't acknowledge it. Moral of the story. I shop at home hardware now and home depot, and would never work for Canadian Tire again. – less
Overall okay
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 11, 2015
i worked for 1 1/2 years there and ended up making less then new starting cashiers. I talked to the manager about a raise they said they could bump me up to what the new people were making that was it soo i put in my 2 weeks.
alright place to work in
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABMay 11, 2015
it was alright. I worked in the garden center and was told that when it closed I could continue employment inside but when it came around to closing the garden Centre they told me otherwise. so I had to fight for my right to be inside working.
Fun place to be.
Cashier/Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 11, 2015
All the staff that were there at that time were great. There was always smiles, and laughs. Manager was easy going, and always willing to give you extra shifts.
Could be much better
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
An iconic organization - great people that truly want to get things done, however management is all over the place. Siloed operations result in duplicated efforts and often missed opportunities. Dealer channel that is resistant to change and ultimately have a bigger voice than the internal experts brought in to run the corp side.
A day at Canadian Tire
Cashier (Current Employee), London, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: computer errors
Working at Canadian Tire can be very exciting. My typical work day includes arriving at work with a positive attitude and ready to help customers to the best of my ability. I help customers on either a – more... normal till, a self-checkout, or at the customer service desk. Each position has different benefits and difficulties but I can easily solve problems and make sure each customer is leaving our store with a smile on their face. – less
Flexibile hours and friendly workers
Production designer (Intern) (Current Employee), MiltonMay 10, 2015
Great place if you work freelance to work on your time with friendly members. Easy going and relaxed environment for a positive environment.
Fun place to work but Unorganized
Customer Service (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 8, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Unorganized
Organizing products or changing deal price tags, co-workers communicated well, management not as organized as they should be, hour allocation not spent wisely, helping customers very satisfying.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos