Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd
1,099 reviews

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Well organized. Easy communication between employees.
Cashier (Former Employee), Bathurst, NBJune 15, 2015
Pros: Breaks and lunch hour
Cons: Not fast paced enough for me
A typical day at work involved ringing customers at cash and during off peak hours, facing merchandise and stocking shelves.

I learned how to deal with impatient customers.

Management was great.

Co-workers varied in age and experience. It was a little harder to form friendships with so many people.

Hardest part of the job was getting price checks on wrongly priced items.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was counting CT money and operating the cash in general.
Flexible schedule and friendly management.
Floor Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 12, 2015
Pros: Discount on food at places around the store.
A very relaxed and flexible place to work. Management is very willing to bend the schedule to your needs if you have school or another job. When I was there co-workers we very friendly and cooperative.
Loading and unloading merchandise while supervising the warehouse crew.
Shipping and receiving Supervisor, (full-time) (Former Employee), Strathroy, ONJune 12, 2015
Pros: Positive atmosphere.
Cons: Rate of pay.
Loading and unloading merchandise from trailers.
Forklift operations.
Ensuring team work with the warehouse crew to maintain productivity and maintain high moral.
A lot of heavy lifting required.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such a positive crew.
It paied the bills.
Part time sports and seasonal clerk (Former Employee), Spryfield, Halifax, NSJune 12, 2015
Offering part time work bordering on minimum wage, every two weeks a four hour shift. However as a first official job, it was easy, stocking shelves was about it.
Very slow and boring shifts
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONJune 11, 2015
- Keep a lookout of cars in the gas pump area
- Rush to customers’ cars and greet them appropriately
Ask them how much gas they need pumped into their vehicle
- Assist customers in pumping gas or pump gas for them if required
- Inform customers of how much they owe for pumped gas
- Take cash payments and return change
- Ensure that the convenience store part of the gas station is managed all times
- Supervise work activities of any sales representatives at the gas station
- Order and receive stock and ensure that all items are displayed on the shelves
Fun place to work
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCJune 10, 2015
The boss is nice. The job was not hard. My co-workers were nice to work with. The overall experience was beneficial. The hardest part of the job is heavy lifting.
An ok place for first job experience
Warehouse assistant (Former Employee), Canadian Tire Weston RdJune 10, 2015
Pros: Paid breaks
Cons: management
Typical day at work would be unloading goods from the trucks and locating them to their area and seeing which stock has to go on floor and which stays inside the warehouse .
I learned how to work faster and smarter while also being safer . I also learned how to be a better team player .
My co-workers were really nice and i had a real fun time working with them and getting to know them on a personal level .
The hardest part of the job was unloading the truck which can vary from week to week and can have as little as 500 pieces or as massive as 2500 pieces .
The most enjoyable part was interacting with co-workers and building new relationships ,trust and respect .
Fun Workplace
AUTO PARTS COUNTER ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJune 8, 2015
A typical day involves making sure the customers are happy, and stocking shelves, making sure everything is organized.
A great place to work at.
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Bolton, ONJune 5, 2015
Every day I had a great experience, learned new skills and improved other skills. Co-workers and management were great to work with, I never had any issues.
A good place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 4, 2015
I have worked for this company for 27 years. It is a good place to work. If this company was currently hiring in the city where I am moving, I would continue to work there.
Great workplace
Auto Service Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJune 3, 2015
If school didnt conflict with schedule, I would still be employed here. Great environment, positive coaching, supportive team
Low Pay, Long Hours, Angry Customers, Little Training
Automotive Tower Operator (Former Employee), Willowdale, ONJune 3, 2015
Pros: Laid back work environment
Cons: Angry Customers, Low Compensation, Little Training, No advancement, No Benefits, Paid Uniform
I'm writing this review to hopefully save someone's time and effort.

This is a place for teenagers to get part time hours, no more, no less.
Don't expect a career out of this, at best you're gaining experience if you have little or no previous job experience.

Employees come and go on a weekly basis. When they're busy, they hire a bunch of people, then get rid of them.

Compensation is inadequate. – more... Automotive customers are usually angry and upset. Little actual training provided, just your usual pointless online training process.

No benefits even for Full Time Employees. At store 192, they offer a job then get you to sign up with a job recruiter agency and sign papers saying this agency found you the job. Now the government of Ontario is paying half of your salary for Canadian Tire.

Majority of the time your uniform is not even provided, it comes out of your pay. – less
very fun
Cashier and Merchandising (Former Employee), torontoJune 2, 2015
Pros: fun, nice environment, close to home, discount
Cons: uniform
i was a cashier mostly. this was my first job. all my co workers were around the same age and we all got along very well. i learned a lot about merchandising and organization.
Basic first job
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: Paid lunches
Cons: Poor wage, no positive work encouragement
Hard work, poor wage, grumpy co-workers. I learned patience, and that knowledge comes with making mistakes and listening to everyone's opinion.
Canadian Tire
(Parts Clerk) - Picton (Current Employee), Picton, ONMay 31, 2015
Pros: Great Work Place
Cons: No Hours
Arrive at work 8am. Would do the daily part drop off, phone shoppers to inform them parts are in. I learned all sorts of things as I am a good listener and interested in what I do. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people when in need.
A good place to work
Lube and tire technician (Current Employee), St. AlbertMay 30, 2015
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the amount of stupid people you have to deal with on a daily bases, other then that working at Canadian tire is very enjoyable.
enjoyable place to work
cashier (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMay 27, 2015
i was responsible for opening and closing the store. i worked 8 hour shifts and also worked on call. while on duty i was responsible for lottery sales, cigarette and phone card sales, cash back and canadian tire money rebates.i have dealt with power outages and debit machine outages in a responsible manner.
Busy environment that kept me on my toes
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
The typical day at work involved stocking shelves and assisting customers with their concerns. I gained valuable retail experience and learned about how large stores like Canadian Tire function. The management seemed fairly organized and responsible, and I had no issues with it. My coworkers were also helpful and patient while I was learning the ropes. The hardest part of the job was learning the vast amount of items throughout the store and their locations in order to guide customers more efficiently. That in turn was the most enjoyable part of the job as well, because seeing my improvement was rewarding.
great work environment
service writer (Former Employee), st.john's NLMay 27, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: shift work
Creating a good experience with customers making grudge purchases. For example: car repairs
Fantastic co-workers and meeting new people everyday
expectd better knowledge of car saftey
Lube Technician (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONMay 26, 2015
poorly trained lube techs left to handle cars with no supervisor or with no experienced techs around it really sucked. always had employees leaving

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos