Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 11, 2016
I learned how to properly give customer service. The people are similar to me, they are people I can relate to. The senior workers are people that are very knowledgeable in the department they work in. You can always rely on them to help you help the customers.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Lots of sales
Cons: Long to face the store.
Carts, pick lists, stocking of shelves, and most importantly helping with costumers is a typical day at Canadian Tire. Learning consists of advancements in technology, communication and understanding of other. Management can at times be rude, although most are understanding and sociable. Co-workers are fun and enjoyable, befriended those that would have never been known. The most difficult part is dealing with those that are very stubborn and rude, although with a calm and level headed mind it becomes simple. The most enjoyable part is getting to know costumers and befriending others.
Great workplace before new owner
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Fun with great employees
Cons: everything else
Typical work environment. Very enjoyable before the new owner owned and change the working environment. The new management brought by the owner were trying their hardest to get rid of current employees for reason not known.
Heavy work but pleasant workplace and co-workers.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Learning new skills.
Cons: none
Enjoyed working at my location.I have acquired new skills that are applicable elsewhere. Hard work getting some product offloaded, because it was improperly loaded.
Good place to gain work experience with decent pay
Provide exceptional customer service (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: easy work to adjust to
Cons: breaks on long enough
A typical day at work for me is reviewing the task list made by my supervisor and then splitting up every task on the list with my co-workers and myself. The rest of the day we focus on completing the task list.
A typical day at Canadian Tire
Automotive (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJanuary 9, 2016
I haven't worked at Canadian Tire for over one year now. But, when I was there I had worked very hard and usually did most tasks myself.
Great Place
employee (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Canadian tire was a great place to work. Fun staff, good management. But the discount was really bad. but the sales were fantastic.
Very open professionl but easy atmosphere to work in
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), Whitecourt, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: worked around my schedule with my family
Cons: I can not think of any
I really enjoyed working at Canadian Tire in Whitecourt. I left because we moved to Edmonton. I would recommend this place of work to anyone. They have positions for all people.
Productive workplace
Store clerk/merchandiser (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 6, 2016
ok
Night stockperson and Maintenance (Former Employee), Stettler, ABJanuary 6, 2016
not bad place to work but the job stabilty is not good some of the pepole are not very good to work with they show up late for there shift then leave early
early morning shifts
Morning Stocker (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKJanuary 6, 2016
Wake up 5am and clean the store first. i learned how to stock and shelve different departments and how to order in equipment for the store my coworkers were all older then me but they were cool. the hardest part of the job was waking up that early and. the most enjoyable part of the day was getting off at 130 in the afternoon and having all that free time on your hands
Cashier (Former Employee), Keswick, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short hours
Cleaning, helping customers find what they need by going out of my department.

Really how to talk to customers better.

best part was cleaning up, putting till away, being with co-workers.
Just a living. Not fun anymore.
Journeyman Automotive Technician (Red Seal) (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Earn money based on knowledge and ability to work hard.
Cons: No life, all you do is work, eat and sleep
Flat rate is not a stable or easy way to make a living. The hours are long and any social life is sacrificed. It really takes a toll on the body, the tools required are expensive and take food off the table.
workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Orleans, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Good hours
Cons: nerves of losing job
my coworkers were great and customers were nice just felt if i messed up id be in trouble. Job was enjoyable and management wee open for questions if i didnt understand something.
Review
Digital Press Operator, Graphic Artist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Got briefed on assignment. I learned that consistency is important for branding. Management was helpful. Co-workers worked as a team. Hardest part of the job was the amount of different assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers.
Parts clerk
Parts Clerk (Current Employee), Hanover, ONJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at Canadian tire being a parts clerk is busy at times, Helping each customer that walks-in plus phone calls.you must be able to handle the stress of working in this field. Being a team with the service department helping them locate the desired part they need so the mechanic may finish the job as fast as he/she can.
Organize all parts to the proper home.
Most enjoyable part about my job is getting to know the customer and help them receive the proper part they desire.
You learn something new almost everyday.
Hardest part about the job is keeping everyone happy sometimes you don't have the desired part and that can upset the customer.
Its hard to work during Black Friday
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Fun Co-Workers
Cons: Black Friday
Canadian Tire sounds like a fun workplace but its a serious retail business.
There is no horseplay or fun cause if there is one slip up there will be consequences.
The company management are serious and sometimes enjoy what they do.
My co-workers were fun to hangout during lunch breaks cause they were very generous and easy to talk to.
The hardest part of my job was getting shopping carts on Black Friday cause of the weather and spite the customers waiting for them.
The only enjoyable thing about that job was working with the
co-workers cause they we have a interest in sports and movies.
Canadian Tire provides a flexible working environment and supports their employees goals
Retail/ Cashier/ Builder (Current Employee), Brandon, MBJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: Profit Sharing Program, Flexible Hours, Friendly Working Environment, Diverse range of jobs
Cons: Limitied Upward Mobility.
I started working at Canadian Tire when I first enrolled in university. They were always able to provide hours and were flexible throughout my education. They have continued to be supportive of my goals and have given me a great workplace to develop skills and learn from. I've worked in several departments ranging from sporting goods to hardware. The hardest part of the job is when business is slow. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the public and my coworkers.
A great place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 29, 2015
Pros: Canadian Tire gives you a portion of stocks of the company.
Cons: N/A
I learned how to make customers really meet what they need.Co-workers were easy to get along with. I learned to deal with great customers and very rude customers.I was fun to work , everyday was always a different experienced.
Great break room with awesome poeple & managers
Night shift worker (Former Employee), Grand Falls-Windsor, NLDecember 28, 2015
Pros: Free food on friday
Cons: late night shifts
Great people to work with, really makes you look forward to your job. Management was awesome and very understanding. hardest part of the job was the fact that I had to work at 5am because it was night shifts, most enjoyable part was the customers and your co workers.
Headquarters