Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 1,904 reviews matching the search
Productive and friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 October 2016
Canadian Tire has a very friendly team with members that are willing to help each other out. It in enjoyable helping out customers with their needs, as well as guiding them to the right product(s) for them. Overall it is a very productive company with great learning opportunities.
Pros
Employee discount, flexible work hours
fun to work as cashier/customer service to deal with customer
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB18 October 2016
I started as a full time cahier and then doing also customer service, I like being at front for the customers to deal with their concern and it is always appreciated with their smile. I enjoy working with my co-workers

But then when the economy slow down, early of this year I was laid off for 2 months, when I came back put me in 10 hours a week, I felt so sad with that hours I got.
The job culture should be restructured
Hardware Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2016
Enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers. They offer no safety orientation and most safety equipments are not provided.
Pros
Awesome colleagues
Cons
minimum safety compliance
Sales Associate/Temporary Supervisor for Filling (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 October 2016
Was on the Health and Safety committee also worked on the merchandising team and had access to product information to be able to update the inventory. Also worked on the floor helping customers and explaining products related to the customers needs.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
I learned a lot of thing in this job like handling customers to give a good service for them. it is good to work here meeting nice people and being friendly with my co-workers. The hardest part of the work is lifting heavy things for some customers but the most enjoyable part of the job is they appreciate your hard work.
Pros
nice people to meet and talk with
Cons
low salary
My experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 October 2016
It was a good place to work at, the staff were all nice and active. Everyone was friendly and always on task. Staff were always glad to help customers in need.
not easy company to work for
Cashier/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 October 2016
they make mistakes and not tell you what you are to come into work then get mad at you cause you didnt come easy to work with either but i still worked with them didnt get to make much money and there was no flexaiblty
Pros
i loved working on cash / warehouse
fun place to work
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2016
you were able to interact with not only customers but other employees as well. the hardest part of the job would be with upset customers and stock items that would be on sale but were sold out of.
Productive and Efficient workplace
Floor Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 October 2016
Working at Canadian Tire was a great learning experience about the working world, the management was very hardworking/liberal and the workload is very easily dealt with and well detailed. I would highly recommend this job as your chosen workplace.
Was a good and fun working environment
sports associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2016
Was fun at times but could also be stressful. Patients was a great asset and was worked on everyday of being on shift. I loved the people I worked and got along with about everybody.
tire and lube technician
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON6 October 2016
my job at Canadian tire was to make sure the shop was clean, work on tires, and do oil changes, clean up after the other mechanics, and close the shop at night
Past Employee
Office Accounting (Former Employee) –  Canadian Tire Store 299 Calgary, AB5 October 2016
The office position was great for 3 years with team spirit and management being supportive and envolved. The last year that I was employed there was very different, but this is probably because of management change as well as policy and procedure changes. I learned a lot during my time there mostly from the career employees who cared about the store and were very involved with assisting new employees. Good Luck to all envolved in the new administration and hopefully all goes well for both employees and management.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
The managements pressure to accomplish tasks within an unrealistic time period.
My opinion about my experience at Canadian Tire
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC5 October 2016
I unload the delivery truck in the mornings, in between that I would get called out for carry outs. After the truck I stock shelves while getting called for carry outs from time to time. I had to retrieve the shopping carts and sometimes I had to clean up spills. I've learned a lot about how a store works and how I could help them and if i ever needed help there was a co-worker who would help me. I got along with a lot of the managers, mostly seemed to really like me because I always did what they told I was asking for more work and to learn more. I got along with most of the people working they liked the fact i was dependable. The hardest part about the job was I was usually the last to leave so I'd get left with a lot of carry outs at the end of my shift with no one to help if it's really busy. The most I enjoyed about my job was all the customers I got to help and how appreciated the were of me.
Pros
Helping people, Lots of learning experices
Cons
heavy lifting
Friendly workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 October 2016
I learned that being friendly and open can impact the people around you a lot compared to never really smiling. Not smiling makes you seem unapproachable, which you tend to not want at a workplace dealing with customers. I find it is very important to get along with coworkers not only because you work together for however long but also because you may end up needing to ask each other for help so it's nice to have someone approachable when needing help. The hardest part of the job for me would usually be standing in one spot for long periods of time without walking around. The most enjoyable part of the job tends to be interacting with customers and being able to help them with their needs.
Pros
socializing with people around you
good show
Technician (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 October 2016
Canadian tire is a place where you can start from the bottom and with hard work can work your way to the top with raises and job security, would work for again
Very productive, fun, encouraging, happy, and experiencable
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
A typical day at work would be, helping my customers and putting smiles on their faces. While using my sales ability to insist and help in their shopping experience with our company.
Pros
Parties on special events and holidays
Cons
Short lunches
Fun productive work place.
Automotive parts technician (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON5 October 2016
I am not shy when it comes to working extra hours, but it's sad to say that my current position that I'm working deos not pay enough. Which has put me back on the job hunt
Pros
Everyone is very friendly
Cons
Salary is not enough
Enjoyable and friendly workplace
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB4 October 2016
Fast paced work environment. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Any concerns or incidents within the workplace are dealt within a timely and professional manner.
Pros
Free Lunches once a month
This was a great and quite workplace
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB3 October 2016
I liked working at Canadian tire, it was a quite place and i worked in hardware and sports seasonal. The managers were always nice and so were the workers i worked with in my department.
fun work eviorment
Automotive sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 September 2016
great place to work. huge story with a lot of great people working with you. various duties time goes by quick. hot dog vender right out front of the store

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location