Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Mis-Managed and short staffed
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 September 2017
Expectations were always higher even when it felt like every day we were short staffed they couldn't seem to hire anyone of actual value, although they environment between co-workers was always fun and the days didn't "drag on".
Pros
Clean Environment
Cons
Inconsistent work schedule
workplace is the worst
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
most managers don't know what they are doing. lots of work place harassment. very bad hours. workplace always dirty. some workers are very racist. sometimes work overtime without being paid.
Pros
Cons
everything
Family working enviroment
Promotional Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
Everyone at the company cares for and helps there employees. Fun atmosphere and coworkers are just as excited to be working with you. Management is strong with great leadership.
No a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
Everyone lies and make you feel bad is not a good job to work I had bad experience with them especially managers and supervisors are really mean the scream at you and when you ask them something, they get mad and they give attitude.
If you are thinking to work there think twice about it you get a lot of stress and is not worth it.
Pros
Sometimes good hours
Cons
Managers are not professional-only 10% of discount
great place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 September 2017
My typical day at work opening the store, making sure lottery balances and book work is done in the am. I have learn that micro managing is easy to do. Placing orders for our products that we sell. We also will make sure certain products are available for our customers to purchase. Where I work everyone is treated like a family. The hardest part of my job I guess is the early morning hours. waking up real early to open the gas station. But I do it every with out complaints. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping out customers when they need help. our just to be their listening to there stories that they want to share with me. Or sometimes I really good joke. That puts a smile on their faces.
Pros
good customers
Cons
good
Cashier and Propane Service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 September 2017
fun place to work
good management
good training provided
excellent team
fair schedule
job feels secure
respected by manager, owner and fellow employees
Opportunistic Job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 September 2017
Management positions are often promoted from within. Franchise business, so positions vary from store store. Many opportunities throughout store to learn and grow.
what you learned
Strategic Sourcing Specialist - IT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
The whole company revolves around its retail or franchise business. If there is a downtrend in the market, cost-cutting measures are instituted immediately and doesn't care who gets the axe.
great atmosphere
Senior Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2017
always positive atmosphere with positive attitude and great student mentality in all employees with good work ethics and always ready to teach with more enthusiasm.
enjoyable
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 September 2017
I really loved the customers and the Canadian tire life. Canadian tire was one of my first jobs, my goal was to be a GM one day. Everyday is a different day when you go in. From handling the staff and the day day operations.
good people work there
Warehouse person - Order picker (Current Employee) –  brtampton22 September 2017
people are good. supervisory management not so good. some are good others are not.

management has contact meetings every 2 months to keep us up to date.

We are expected to pick and do housekeeping, for which we are not recognized. so our pts drops the more housekeeping we have to do.
we are not assigned modules, so we end up doing the previous shifts work which is not right or fair. we are help responsible for we are working, even if it is the previous shifts mess.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
slave work. too much emphasis on pts
Loved this job!!
Automotive Department (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB22 September 2017
At first when i started i was a noob but as days went by i began to learn more and more everyday!! Management was very good, great environment with great and friendly people!,
Pros
free lunch, nice people
Love this job!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 September 2017
My boss and co-workers are absolutely amazing. We laugh, and have fun all the while doing our job. Great positive energy all around. Never a dull moment, I feel very grateful for this opportunity.
Pros
Interaction with the public, fast paced environment, very organized and precise
Cons
Not enough hours.
good place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB20 September 2017
it was a great place to work but I moved, and I met a lot of nice people that would drive me home when It was cold. I also enjoyed the customers that came in
Co-op position
Retail Clerk - Co-op (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 September 2017
Worked in the paint section under a co-op trial - was only there a couple of months - was a short term and not enough time to make a decision if this would be something I would enjoy
Pros
Learrning how to mix paint
Cons
Not enough time to make a judgement
Great People - Not Bad At all
AUTO PARTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC20 September 2017
I truly enjoyed working here,
i wish i could have kept working.

oh well, they did there best to treat me well,

i do recommend them as an employer
Pros
Good People . Good Service. Good Workplace
Cons
They Fired Me for No reason at all .
Nice atmosphere
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB20 September 2017
Was a great place to work, managers were friendly and understanding. Unfortunately I had to move back home to Ontario and that is why I quit working there.
Fun workplace!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 September 2017
I enjoyed being a warehouse staff at Ctire, it was a fast paced but fun job. From picking orders to putting away overstock it very got repetitive. Only downside is the pay and the hours
Pros
Fun. Not repetitive, room to move up
Cons
Not many hours, Bad pay
Busy fast pace work enviroment
Promo/ Fillcrew (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2017
Filled, faced dump bins, located and bin capped all products. Worked on weekly flyer sales.
Helped customers with products.
Starting at 6 am you can accomplish more work
Management was excellent in resolving conflicts with customers, and staff.
The staff is very multi-culture.
Hardest part of the job is when someone does not locate and bin cap products or take them out of the system.
The 6 am start, 2 hours of uninterrupted work time each and every morning before the store opened.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
Firing janitors and making employees do the cleaning plus their own work.
Good company to work for
Hardware Personnel (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK19 September 2017
An overall good company to work for. They treated their employees with respect and as family. The hours were flexible so you could work around family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.