Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
good place
Automotive Apprentice (Former Employee), London, ONApril 5, 2016
Pros: lots
Cons: no
it was a good place to be at nice staff good customers sometime the same and always nice friendly staff always nice good place to work
Great company
Fraud Prevention Monitor (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 4, 2016
Pros: flexible
I have worked at Canadian Tire Bank for a little over two years. I am also a student and they have always worked around my schedule. My colleagues are great and is a very easy going environment compared to other call centers.
Productive and friendly environment to work in
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Aurora, ONApril 4, 2016
Each day is very organized to maximize time and productivity. Friendly and eager management who share their knowledge and are patient with employees.
Fun Part-Time Job
Sports and Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dundas, OntApril 4, 2016
-Start your day by clocking in, do your daily tasks whether it be stocking shelves or setting up new displays, help customers and punch out
-Management is pretty good a mix of good and bad but its like that with every part-time job I feel
-The people you work with is what makes the job fun though, they are very welcoming and you laugh and have a good time while at work
-Like I said before the best part of your job is the people you work with
Disgusting
Cashier (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 3, 2016
Pros: one hour lunch
Cons: disgusting management
Most unprofessional workplace ever, I worked as a cashier and my supervisor was disgusting, I would never go back there, my manager put my jacket on the floor because I didn't put it on the hangers. Very selfish workplace.
productive
Co-op Student (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 2, 2016
Pros: Near home
Cons: No discounts
A typical day at work i would take a brief browse thru different aisles facing each product (making it look presentable and neat). i learned how to communicate better with customers and employees. The hardest part of my job is putting up with and providing service to angry customers. I have learned to handle it over time and now it is not a problem. The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying a customers needs.
Great first job
Hardware Associate (Current Employee), Whitby, ONApril 1, 2016
Pros: Flexible
Great place to work as a student and as a first job. Not overly complicated and flexible for students working part time. Each Canadian tire is independently owned, so it may differ from this.
Perfect starter job
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of counting the money in the register, cashing through customers, and handling payments. Ive learned hands on experience with customers in terms of handling payments, change, and receipts.
Canadian Tire
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2016
Working for Canadian Tire was fun and everyone was welcoming. Management should team together better and set smart goals.
Excellent communication experience and excellent working in a multicultural people
Cashier/Sales Assosciates (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Profit Sharing
Cons: Short Hours
Gain a productive experience specially working in a team and excellent information in every items in the store, and excellent communication in every customers.
Great job for a student, to become more familiar how to make money for life.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Paid breaks, good amount of hours
Cons: In a long run, becomes rather boring then challenging
I have been working in Canadian Tire during the summer brake 2015, and overall experience is good, as you always have to meet and help new people. This job made me better at critical thinking, as well as better at time managing. A become a great "multitasker", and become more familiar with Canadian culture.
Flexible hours, great for part-time work.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2016
You learn to interact with a wide variety of customers. Also if you work in the customer service department you learn the many procedures and policies in regards to the products and services that Canadian Tire provides.
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fenelon Falls, ONMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Steady hours
Cons: Small store
Canadian Tire was a fun place to work, with many great people and enjoyable experiences. The work was satisfying and rewarding when helping customers. It was fun to work in multiple different departments to gain knowledge in multiple different areas.
Good employer
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2016
Pros: work/family
Cons: breaks
time at this company was excellent. I was given a lot of responsibility and was taught how to manage it effectively. I enjoyed travelling for meetings and site visits as well as meeting my Vendors and building relationships.
Unique work experience
Cashier and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 27, 2016
McDonalds was the first food industry related job I ever got. It was a unique experience for me. I learned to work with a variety of customers and co-workers, some friendly, others not so much. However, regardless of whether I liked this job or not, it taught me how to step out of my comfort zone. I am now much more comfortable and am better able to handle new and/or unfamiliar situations.
Fun place.
commis au département sportif, temps partiel (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 26, 2016
Pros: Work envirement, staff team.
Cons: unstable schedules
i used to work with some of my friends there, it was my first job ever and i really liked it. I learned a lot of things on sport equipment, cars, etc.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tilbury, ONMarch 25, 2016
Canadian Tire is an excellent place to work, the employees and the customers are great! They are very considerate of all their employees and strive to make sure everyone gets feedback and feels included in the success of our store.
fun place to be meet new people
Quick lube Supervisor (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 24, 2016
Pros: meet new people
Cons: rainy days
long hot days getting to meet and spend a lot of time with new people. learn the right way to do corn, working in the rain was always hard but at the end of the day was always fun.
Parts Advisor in Retail Business
Parts Advisor (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 24, 2016
Parts Advisor in a retail corporation is probably the best place to work if only you want to test yourself how good you really are in this business. In retail business you will experience every kind of customer from 1-100% educated people about vehicles.
Customer satisfaction is the first priority to make your customer permanent.
good co-workers but poor management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Langford, BCMarch 23, 2016
Cons: low wages
Early shift was nice and co-workers were great but there was a high turn over due to poor management. Wages are low for the workload.
Headquarters