Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,724 reviews matching the search
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 8, 2016
For working with this company for almost 5 years I have experienced many different opportunities. I've learned how to manage my time, and I've also increased my knowledge in the customer service experience.
N/a
ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR, COMMUNICATIONS TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 7, 2016
busy
laid back environment
not micro-managed
busy
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BCJuly 6, 2016
I was at Canadian tire for a lot of years I enjoyed the learning time there and the staff and managers where great people to work with
it was full time work at Canadian tire
Pros
great hours
Cons
non
good workers.
Canadian tire (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONJuly 6, 2016
did have a typical day at work. worked some 6 hour shifts some 8 hour. did a lot of physical work and dealt with a lot of costumers.
Pros
breaks
Cons
non
Managment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 5, 2016
The hours were long and the job itself did not bring me joy, work would be limited is terms of keeping busy and having something to do and the management was hard to communicate with.
awesome
Hardware sales (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJuly 5, 2016
Good place to work as a student in high school, was accommodating towards taking days off for schoolwork and or vacation
Productive and fun place to work
System/Citrix Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
Great place to work and learn. Get to experience new technologies and gain extensive experience in your field. Great environment with great mentors who are willing to help you with any and everything.
Good overall
Inventory management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
Overall good in work hours and very flexible. Perks and benefits are suitable for every employee and the management is head on. Job is slow paced and nice working environment.
Fun and very enjoyable workplace
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BCJuly 4, 2016
Canadian Tire is a fantastic place to work. Everyone is friendly and the staff are great people to work with. It served as a relaxed but fast paced learning environment.
disorganized
Tire/Lube tech (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, ABJuly 3, 2016
a typical day of work was to come in tidy the shop while waiting for a list from management of the daily tasks he/she would like completed for the day. the tasks could be anything from my job title of tire and lube technician. to service/parts writer, to stock boy, to maintence or janitorial duties through the store, to a builder of large stock items to custom pieces of equipment to fit what purpose would be needed in the store. I loved that there was only the journeyman and myself in the shop, it allowed me to go way past the position of being a tire/lube tech, aswell hoping that it would also earn my way to the position of my apprenticeship (after receiving my new journeyman).
The reason for my leave from Canadian tire was due to no benefits after 2 years, no apprenticeship, aswell the management being so disorganised, dysfunctional and creating several arguments with not only the staff but the customers, As I did not want to build my name and reputation in an environment such as that and took on the statistics Canada position full time and have had a blast ever since.
Pros
tonnes of 1 on 1 and hands on exspierence
Cons
no benefits, no apprenticeship after 1.5 years
Canadian Tire
Seasonal Decorator & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONJune 30, 2016
A typical day working for Canadian tired usually started off with a fresh cup of tea in the staff room; my co-workers and I would gather in the meeting room to meet with our head managers to listen to the days objectives and goals. While working at Canadian Tire I was trained to utilize a price gun, replace discount stickers and assist customers with retail orders. My main position was a Seasonal Decorator, from time to time I would stand behind the front desk to assist customers with any questions or concerns they might have. The managers were very kind and helpful, especially on my first day of work. They always interacted with the employees and offered assistance with difficult tasks, while working at Canadian Tire I felt respected, cared for and felt like my opinion mattered. The hardest part of my job was assisting not-so-nice customers, although I can handle myself in tough situations like those, its not always easy. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my co-workers and the customers, I loved talking with everyone and helping others whenever I could, it was a real joy being employed at Canadian Tire.
Pros
Free laptop use
Cons
Not enough time for lunch break
reno team
Reno Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Pafk, ABJune 29, 2016
Working at Canadian Tire was a pleasure, even though I was only temporary. The management was excellent and the people I worked with were fun to be around.
Overall Canadian Tire is a great place to work...
DEPARTMENT MANAGER / ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJune 28, 2016
Over the years Canadian Tire has evolved with the times, it is a fast paced exciting enviroment... The best part of the job is the interactions with not only the customers but with the staff themselves. I have put in many long hours over the years but always see the fruits of my labors.
Pros
Benefits were good, profit sharing
Cons
Many long hours, not getting stat days.
Learning platform
Transload Planning Analyst (/ Logistics Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 26, 2016
- Regular work pressure, not very hectic
- lot of learning exposure
- Best part is Job Rotations , which give a way to learn and grow.
- Management is very supportive
- a lot of benefits you get being a Canadian Tire Employee like the employee discounts , Jay's match tickets / holiday .. etc :)
Sense of community
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 23, 2016
Great environment to work in. Friendly staff made work a lot more enjoyable! The profit sharing plan allowed me to buy school supplies! Would recommend Canadian Tire to a friend.
Fairly easy job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 23, 2016
the training lacked. This was my first time in a retail store. I might of had 30 minutes training with someone and then I was on my own.I didn't have trouble with the job but the environment was subpar.
Great atmosphere, but few hours
Attendant/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 23, 2016
Great part-time place to work, however very few hours, especially on the off season for hockey. Very few benefits come from it.
Fast paced environment.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2016
Fun place to work with great co-worker.Flexible hours and shifts.Good communication between branches.Excellent benefits package.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Attrition
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 20, 2016
-Work ethics and team -work is great in Canadian Tire
- learnt how to manage /order/display the inventory of Canadian tire
- Helping to improve my communication skills
Pros
Good Management & Benefits
Cons
Heavy lifting sometimes
Fun place to work with many kind staff
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJune 20, 2016
canadian tire was successful shift work with excellent staff members, good management in the automotive parts department but not in other departments
Pros
Flexable Hours
Cons
Other department management

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location