Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd
1,033 reviews

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flexibile hours and friendly workers
Production designer (Intern) (Current Employee), MiltonMay 10, 2015
Great place if you work freelance to work on your time with friendly members. Easy going and relaxed environment for a positive environment.
Fun place to work but Unorganized
Customer Service (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 8, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Unorganized
Organizing products or changing deal price tags, co-workers communicated well, management not as organized as they should be, hour allocation not spent wisely, helping customers very satisfying.
A fun place to wirk
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaMay 8, 2015
• Assisted and informed customers regarding merchandise, current, and upcoming sales
• Communicated with the manager regarding difficult situations
• Tracked the most recent promotions and offered customers savings opportunities
• Assisted customers with merchandise handling
• Assisted to manager’s requests for the use of physical energy in redesigning the layout of the store both internally and externally
• Operated machinery for the purposes of moving fixtures, trees, and merchandise in and around the store
• Was involved in projects which included working with co-workers or independently
• Responsible for checking receipts to make sure proper payment was made
• Had very good relations with customers, co-workers, supervisors, and managers
Good part-time job for students in school
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMay 7, 2015
As a student who just graduated from university I found that Canadian Tire was a great place to work during the school year. The reason being is because they provided good hours and were very flexible considering that I was in school.
Fun place to work in the summer
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 7, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts
Cons: Understaffed
Working at Canadian tire was a learning experience as I got to enhance my interpersonal skills. Job got very demanding during the peak hours, but other than it was a fun experience
Canadian Tire Great Experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: Learned A Lot
Cons: No cons
I really enjoyed working at Canadian Tire because it gave me a chance to learn about the style of their work. When I first started, i used to take care of the shopping carts. Then later on they moved me to the Automotive section because I had some knowledge in the Automotive Industry. I stopped working at Canadian Tire because I had problems with my family back at my country so I had to leave so I can help them. But when I came back I asked for a position at Canadian Tire but sadly the position was taken.
Tiring
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 6, 2015
Long hours of standing with no break. Cashiers weren't allowed no food nor drinks on registers. annoying customers and annoying management
Canadian Tire
Anon (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
Canadian Tire provides Canadians everything they need for life in Canada. Teams work hard and celebrate successes. Employees are helpful and supportive.
Learned about Claims
Cashier, and Parts Associate (Former Employee), Trenton, ONMay 6, 2015
At WalMart I learned how to be responsible for training new associates, shipped damaged material, claimed merchandise, processed paper, maintained communication and rapport with vendors for return authorizations, securely destroyed merchandise, processed claims, kept claims room at low inventory level.
Great co-workers and a good work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 6, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Canadian Tire it was a good experience for my first job. Welcoming staff helped built healthy workplace relationships.
Very stagnant culture
Market Strategy Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2015
If you like complacency, slow-paced, comfort and bureaucracy than CTC is for you.

Besides the red tape, the culture is quite good {Work-lifestyle}
Fun and always busy.
Guest Service Agent (Presentation Department) (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCMay 5, 2015
Pros: enjoyable work place
Cons: small salary
Greeting co-workers, preparing things needed in my work such as radio, RF gun and cordless telephone, etc. Meeting and greeting customers. lifting heavy items, Working in Canadian Tire requires good thinking and have a physical strenght.
fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Markham OntMay 5, 2015
Its a good place to work managers are very friendly you always on your feet theres never nothing to do. I would recommend more people to work here.
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), 2180 yonge streetMay 5, 2015
Pros: Profit sharing and good bonus
Canadian Tire is a place where you can truly make a difference in the lives of Canadians, perform at your best, and be recognized for your achievements. Your Canadian Tire Experience will include a comprehensive set of programs focused on Your Wealth, Your Well-Being, Your Role, and Your Growth.
Great First Time Employment
Cash Supervisor, Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee), Pickering, ONMay 5, 2015
Canadian Tire, is a great place for first time employment. They are able to work around high school and College schedules and are very accomidating.
Good first job experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 4, 2015
Being a cashier involved cashing customers out and balancing the till. While working at Canadian Tire, I gained valuable skills for interacting with customers and management. My co-workers were all very nice and personable. The hardest part of the job was waking up for early shifts, but I am punctual. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others.
Educational work enviroment
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee), London, ONMay 4, 2015
Staff are friendly
Learned a lot from the job
High turnover
Ability to teach younger staff
possibility for growth in shop
Workplace
Cashier in Retail/Merchandising (Current Employee), 2681 Danforth Avenue Toronto, ONMay 2, 2015
Pros: Nice Coworkers
Cons: Not To Many Hours
For the most part it is very fun place to work my coworkers are very kind and friendly people and they all treat me well. I only wish they offered more hours that is the only thing a don't like about this job.
New Management
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee), BramptonApril 29, 2015
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: management is tough to take seriously.
Negative work culture
Negative enviroment
Good profit sharing/pension
Poor manager and management
Terrible night shift premium
Slow paced environment
Terrible communication practices across the department
You will never get day shift
Decent job, Good Hours, Minimum Wage
General Floor Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great learning
Cons: Lack of employees
Learned cashiering, customer service skills, paint mixing, isle cleaning, stocking, and working with coworkers. It was a very busy location for the amount of employees they had. They forced employees to cover 2 or 3 sections of the store at a time which was exhausting at most times. Great coworkers, very helpful with the learning and guidance.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos