Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 1,995 reviews matching the search
ok
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2017
the manager there only follows what oem required. if you want to work there forever, just follow the policy and do what the manager wants you to do. never ever break their rules
A family-like atmosphere for the most part
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB6 January 2017
Typical day - count till to ensure correct, sign in, deal with customers with sales and returns, sell hunting/fishing licenses, as well as schedule breaks for all staff. During slow times I was being trained to merchandise and stock shelves, do price changes, count outages, etc

Management - General Manager was awesome, couldn't ask for a better manager. Owner was "too present" at times and wasn't always friendly to customers or staff.

Co-workers - for the most part they were really friendly and helpful when teaching new concepts.

Hardest part of the job - not getting paid for the full time I was working and having to wait for a full year for benefits that weren't that great.

Most enjoyable part of the job - customers, learning new skills, doing a job well
Pros
Received hours as promised, friendly staff, decent wage, willing to train you in different areas
Cons
Takes a year before you receive benefits, not being paid for time spent counting your till before and after shift
Productive fast paced working environment
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC6 January 2017
A typical day would start at 6 am and end at 230 pm , there is for the most part fun people to work with. I learned how to work as a team member. The hardest part was the management from the top to the bottom it was always changing and not very organized no structure.
Pros
Fun peoople to work with
Good, not great.
promo & sales (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 January 2017
Was a good job for me coming right out of highschool but did not spark any interest from me outside of the automotive department which I was not hired for.
Cons
Too much change.
no place for growth or advancement
Customer Services/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2017
I Worked at store 299 the management needed to be managed Gm was lazy and constantly belittled staff and customers management played favorites if you want to work for CT the corporation itself is good this particular location I wouldn't bother.
Pros
Employees are great
Cons
Management needs serious overhaul
Great Place to work
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
This is company is great for experience. different technologies
However, personal interest is very important.
There is constant pressure to help the next client.
lsgs;g;g
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
company is good, environment is professional which helps in learning, though there are some pros and cons, workload is huge.
Great people
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 January 2017
Canadian Tire financial has offered far more benefits and coverage to their part-time employees but they lack the hours to keep staff happy.
Pros
benefits even if your parttime
Cons
not enough hours
was a great place
Automotive Service Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Frances, ON4 January 2017
while i was there i worked under one owner who was amazing, he was appreciative and was willing to show it. advancment was easy and didnt take long at all
Pros
co-workers
Cons
hours
productive and happy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB4 January 2017
excited and love to go to work everyday, encountering lots of new things and experience in work especially a part of a job and how to give satisfaction to the customer. The manangement is well-oragnized and everyone got a team work. the hardest part of the is when your alone working on a busy day someone did not show up. The most enjoyable part is being a part of the company.
keeps you busy and ocupied
Fill Crew (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
is an alright place to work. keeps you busy. could be more organized. my boss was very caring and was there for me when needed. has steady hours every week.
garden center manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 January 2017
A ever changing season, Working n traing great team member and being part of my department was satisfying and rewarding . Assistance to customers lanscape needs nseeing them so pleased with end results
Pros
Bieng around live plants and happy people
Cons
Can be very physical work
not a good experience
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 January 2017
work on cars when there was work
nothing learned
management doesn't like to deal with employees complaints
co-workers great people
nothing hard about the job
nothing enjoyable about the job
Pros
no pros
Cons
no work load
I loved working at CTC
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
I worked on the 18th floor as an Executive Assistant for 12 years and I loved the job. I found the work interesting and my colleagues very team-spirited. I would return if there were an appropriate position.
Good
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Good and professional environment to learn and showcase your skills. Very structured and neat office. Expect fair amount of work
Very friendly but rough around the edges
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2017
Work is easy and the environment is friendly however management is extremely critical despite all logical reasoning.
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
Unfair management.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON2 January 2017
I really enjoyed working at Canadian Tire. They were friendly and hard working, they helped out when I needed help moving larger boxes.
Canadian Tire Review
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2017
What I do at Canadian Tire, I worked as a seasonal associate my duties is to help customers, restock goods finding their aisle's homes, label the prices, clean up my area, use the phone to contact the co-workers, managers also pick up the phone from customers , co-workers and managers calling. I use the scanner to check the price and information if there any stock avaliable or discountinued. On the end of my shift I do a cart run, double check no one is left in the store, face and put away the stocks in the right home. Overall it was ok. I recommand this job for part time short term only.
Decent job
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 December 2016
Worked in automotive my manager was amazing store owner was not the best to work for loved to make u feel stupid. No chance for advancement. Learned alot about automotive parts and people skills
fast pace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 December 2016
Most days where good. The management at the main store had no clue about the automotive. I did not like that the guys where trying to sell stuff that was not needed for the customers cars. I could not work for a place like that.

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location