Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment, with enjoyable staff and upper management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 January 2018
Overall an excellent place to work. The sites are franchised, so each site likely have slightly different operations. The upper management, from regional managers to provincial managers are able to be contacted and are very considerate and kind.

The most difficult part about the job is like any other customer service position, the customers. As long as you don't take things personally or too seriously, it is tolerable.
Pros
Good co-workers, a great manager
Cons
Always on your feet, long shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 January 2018
Its nice work in Canadian Tire Company i have lots of experience good and bad from the customers, and i learned a lot. The only thing i resign they give me a short time hour schedule in a week.
Pros
free
Cons
short hour
Enjoyed my time there
Auto Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB11 January 2018
Canadian Tire was an okay place to work the pay wasn't the best but the people i worked with were nice. Management could be better. over all i enjoyed being there.
Great first job
Cashier (part time) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 January 2018
As one of my first part-time jobs, Canadian Tire taught me a lot and prepared me for the work environment. I felt comfortable and in good hands working here.
Pros
experience gained
Cons
Slow 5-9 shifts
Somewhat okay
Automotive Service Technician - Apprentice Level 2 (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC11 January 2018
- Day to day work was unbalanced - needs a better system for booking customer appointments
- Lots of double booking in the shop
- Management is okay but needs a better metric for annual reviews
- Raises do not come as frequently
Pros
associates are good to work with
Cons
Unbalanced work/life balance
Good job with good hours
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK11 January 2018
Fast paced and fun to work for. Was carry out but wanted something else. Enjoyed the 1 hour lunch break and the people that worked there were fun to get to know.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Hard labour
Friendly environment
Automotive Parts Person (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB11 January 2018
Fun working with a hobby I like. Helping customers find the vehicle parts they need. It helped me learn better customer service and being a clerk dealing with money. Management wasn't the best. the culture was okay having only a Christmas party. The hardest part of the job was to find the car parts with the hard number codes, looking in the back taking minutes longer to find. Enjoyed working with close friends.
Pros
Friends
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2018
I learned lots of new things at Canadian Tire because this is my first job in Canada. It makes me feel more confident about myself in socializing with people. As an immigrant, it's hard for me to communicate at first because English is not my first language.
Great place to work and learn and be supported
National/International Buyer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2018
Bought over $80 million of retail goods annually and produced the flyers and advertising for these products. World travel to source out new vendors and products that Canadian Tire required. Best learning experience of my life
Pros
great place to work
Cons
lots of travelling and time away from home
fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 January 2018
it was a fun place positive staff, had a wonderful balance with work a and social life. well managed and well instructed. very understanding and accommodating
Pros
free lunches
Cons
mightshift
Fantastic Opportunity
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON9 January 2018
Canadian Tire was amazing! Upper level staff were always willing to help out every employee with any situation. They were very accommodating when it came to finding the right position to suit the individual and especially when it came to scheduling. All in all, great experience!
Good social environment & staff socialization
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 January 2018
They were really kind & helpful. Corrects me if i made a mistake and thought me very well of my work job. It was not really a tiring job and i really enjoy working here.
productive and fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, SK9 January 2018
Canadian Tire is the best place i have ever worked. it helped me to become a great leader and a good man. ill always give credit to the company for my advancement through life
hard working environment
warehoese worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 January 2018
My day usually consisted of being in the warehouse, stocking products, unloading trucks, over stocking products, helping customers with inquiries. best part was to put in all my effort and giving my best.
Entry-Level Job to gather required skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 January 2018
Canadian Tire's are franchise owned and operated. This makes it difficult to give an opinion about the company at large, as every owner is different in their approach with day-to-day operations.
Pros
Getting along with staff
Cons
Hire too many people for peak seasons and then fire them when not needed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
I worked in many different departments so I moved around a lot. My main department was Seasonal. Day consisted of keeping the product stocked and faced along with keeping aisles clean. Helping customers with products and ordering items if needed. Also worked in warehouse receiving product. I learned a lot about inventory and sales while working here. Management could have been better, workplace culture was good, very team based with support. Hardest part was not always having products or being the only one in a department at times to help customers. Overall enjoyable.
Badly run
Automotive Parts & Accessories Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
Company just sucks in general
Coworkers are aggressive
Management doesn’t care
No room for advancement
Not worth minimum wage
No good work ethic
Good place great people upper management are rude
Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2018
Will never work for another CT due to the unprofessional behavior displayed by the management. The working place was fast paced and had a fair amount of stress
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Bad Pay and
great training ground
GENERAL MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2018
i joined them while i was in the military to supplement my military pay. great training ground to get young people into the trade. bad part was the flat rate pay.
bad store
Stocking clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2018
i was way over worked the managers did not care about the employees i felt like i was not part of the Canadian tire team felt like it was a big waste of my time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.