Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place for students to work
Sports/Hardware Clerk Merchandiser (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches, easy work
Cons: it's retail
Very friendly staff, and management, bought lunches (pizza, coffee) once a month.
Start out with stock, put out as much as possible, else go in overstock.
Check for low or out of stock facings and fill up from overstock.
Help customers with general inquiries and locate products, carry out if necessary (treadmill, pool, canoe, etc)
Fun place to work
Fill Crew (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: flexiable shifts/hours
A great place to work because of its friendly and helpful co-workers. Management team that are always willing to guide and assist in day to day duties.
I am willing to work and willing to learn.
Part Time Job in Canadian Tire (Current Employee), 2900 Major Mackenzie Dr. EastJanuary 3, 2015
Work in Canadian Tire three months. They teach me how to change tire and co-workers they are really nice. I am happy to work there. Good mood in work place is important.
Security is top concern
Order Picker (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: $14 hourly pay plus vacation and holiday pay, tim hortons inside
Cons: too hard to work in some areas(area 77 and 81) - back pain, work needs to be done swiftly
Great people to work with. They do have a labour tracking system for Order Picking Department which is the harder aspect of this job. That's why shipping and receiving departments are better to work for.
Manager was awful
Sales Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee), Renfrew, ONDecember 31, 2014
Pros: gas bar was nice
Cons: long hrs no breaks
didn't mine working at the gas bar but the manager made it really hard and difficult to work there for me or anyone there. Alot of people quit there.
Lots of experience to go around
Service Technician (Former Employee), NewminusDecember 27, 2014
Pros: i liked working on cars and trucks even as a hobby
Cons: seasonal, lack of information from employer.
there was lots i learned there, breaking down tires and full tire rotation i was the smaller work kind of things take less time but it was a common stuff to work on, i was given the tasks of studding new tires balancing tires checking for exhaust leaks, oil checks and replacements of filters and oils, difference between regular air and nitrogen in tires,

hardest part of the job was the busy spells were you would have 8 customers coming in at once and not wanting to have them wait and rushing to get it all done, but i got use to it after a little bit.

best part of the whole job was seeing the difference in cars and trucks and the makes and how they are built so differently.
Fun workplace
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCDecember 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: late hours
The most enjoyable parts of this job were the co-workers. I learned to finish tasks well and as fast as possible through dinner rushes.
I like the job but i had to live there were down sizing
Promotional Staff (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 24, 2014
Pros: 600pm to 700pm
Cons: 300 pm to 1200am
I love the job i had i ulooded the truck every night it was fun i had a good people that i work with
only starting out
stocker (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONDecember 20, 2014
i was a young person starting out so not much to say otherthan they gave me a shot at a job not what i would do again
Productive and fun working place
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 17, 2014
On a typical day at work I was a cashier, Handled Customers bagged items cashed out customers.I also helped put away returns and organized the products. The hardest part of my job was remembering all the codes and product numbers, But I overcame that and it was easier. The most enjoyably part of the day was when I got to be at my till, I loved when it was busy.
fast paced work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Cobourg, ONDecember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no breaks or raises..or time clock
I learned how to work alone and deal with whatever comes my way on my own....system crashes...upset customers...employees needs
A day of work as an employee at Canadian Tire
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 14, 2014
Pros: long lunch
Cons: a lot of movement
A typical day at work would be usually stocking shelves or helping customers. I`ve learned a lot from working at Canadian Tire. I`ve learned hoe to improvise, problem solve and how to get along with people yo don't like. The management there was not always the best. You`d get the odd day where your boss would be in a bad mood and make you work hard. Other days they would be in a good mood and be nice on you. Theres obviously going to be the people at work you cant stand. there where only a couple of people I didn't really like, but I got along with them pretty well. Hardest part of the job was facing. Facing is when the store closes and you have to fill all the empty homes, make sure everything is at its right home and back on the shelves, make sure everything is brought to the front of the shelves and last you had to make sure your department was clean. The most enjoyable part was meeting NHL superstars or the odd famous person that would come in.
No one store is run the same.
Hardware and D├ęcor Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 9, 2014
Pros: small christmas giveaway, good customer reviews reward 10$ gift cards
Cons: no annual raise, very little room for advancement, enjoyment of workplace is heavily reliant on people
Canadian Tire stores are different where ever you go and this is because each store is run differently by their respective owners and managers. Some stores are severely lacking in customer service while others are incredibly organized. My particular store is very well managed and the people are pleasant, for the most part. I've learned the best way to get through the day is to nod, agree, and keep yourself busy with stock or customers. The hardest part of this job is to advise customers. A majority of customers will bombard you with questions that you're just not trained/informed enough to answer. It's also likely your manager doesn't know how to answer specific question as well. Also, if you're planning on moving up in this retail, make sure your store gives the opportunity because at my particular store, we didn't get yearly raises or bonuses.
Great first Job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCDecember 8, 2014
This job helped me alot in retail because i had great managers there be warned they are franchise owned so every canadian tire is different! Other than that i learned alot and it has helped me for where i am now!
Productive workplace
Promotional (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 8, 2014
Cons: long hours
My co-workers are very supportive ,we work as a team .
the management are very supportive to their employees
l gain a variety of retail marketing, merchandising and financial business experiences.
Great place to work and great people.
Service Advisor (Former Employee), Castlegar, BCDecember 8, 2014
Pros: shares and benefits
Cons: leaving
Really enjoyed working with Canadian Tire and the whole experiences was overall excellent.
Productive workplace a little cheap on the staff common areas.
P/T Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2014
Pros: very professional, great management
Cons: depressing break room.
This place is amazing to work at, the people are great and the management team are very professional. Overall a good experience. The only down side is the common areas for the employees. They are very depressing, no color, nothing to keep you vibrant when going back to the floor.
Nice place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 5, 2014
Make sure shelves are full. Easy job needs a little bit of muscle. Managers and co-workers are good and very kind. Hardest part is the salary, it is a little bit low. I enjoy working with my co-workers.
it was a amazing place to work, friendly place
Mechanic (Former Employee), Weston and 401December 3, 2014
Pros: free food and drinks
Cons: weekends are too busy
canadian tire was one of the best place i worked.
90% of the customer are amazing, they are comfortable with our service. all the license tech are so friendly and i learn something every day. everyone was so friendly. one of my favourite place.
Fast paced environment.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 1, 2014
Pros: happy customers
A full 8 hour shift consisted of exchanging and returning items for customers and keeping them happy if they weren't satisfied with the product. Paper work, computer use and phone calls.

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos