Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 1,915 reviews matching the search
productive and managed to make a satisfactory sales during this limited period as seasonal products offers at Canadian tire
Vendeur saisonier (Former Employee) –  Laval (53)18 November 2016
busy workplace, good training but intensive, challenging job where since sales is involved. receiving customers as soon as they enter the the shopping store and offer my services and assistance according to their choices to winter tires.
Pros
have two rest times for 15 minutes and one hour for lunch.
Cons
partial time working hours 8-5 hours / 3-4 times weekly
great "in-between" job or while-going-to-school job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 November 2016
This is a great job if you are in school, because they have flexible hours and availability. Also a great job if you are needing a second job or if you are in between jobs.
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
A good job to start off in. As a part - time worker there are no benefits or wage increases. Provides good customer service experience . Many Canadian Tire locations
Great place to work.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 November 2016
Canadian Tire welcomes people from all over to work with them and gain experience. The staff is exceptionally friendly with one another and most importantly with customers. Overall Canadian Tire has a great work environment.
Summary of Work at Canadian Tire
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 November 2016
A typical day at work is fairly busy. Some of the things I learned were good customer service experience, stocking shelves, maintaining a positive attitude. Management was very reasonable. My co-workers were very helpful and nice to be around. The hardest part of my job is when I have to lift anything from the trailers outside.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers.
Good company to work for.
IT Vendor Relationship Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 November 2016
Canadian Tire is a great company to work for. Management is good and supportive. Co-workers are fun to work with. Lot of opportunities to learn. Thanks
Depends on the Dealer/Owner
General Manger (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB15 November 2016
Can be a great place to work but depends strongly on the Owner and management. This varies as all stores are independently owned and operated. I have mixed reviews but overall really liked working there
Pros
team enviroment
Cons
Great people to work with
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON14 November 2016
Good atmosphere to work in. The staff for the most part was a fun to work with. I learn a lot but the receiving manager had no idea what he was doing. 2 out of the 6 managers where actually a joy to work with.
Working in receiving, there wasn't any hard part to the job. Majority of the jobs were fun to do.
Pros
great people
Cons
terrible pay, not great managers
Productive worplace with wonderful employees as well as employers! Was a pleasure working there.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON13 November 2016
The typical day for me at Canadian Tire would include being behind the courtesy desk handling customer transactions as well as returns, exchanges, and customer complaints. I learned how to correctly return merchandise and check each item for wear and cleanliness, learned how to process a transaction on the point of sale systems, as well as how to greet customers and helping them anyway possible. My management and co-workers were wonderful and all one big family, we had a great support system for any complaints, and if any problems had come up the management was quick to find a solution. The hardest part of the job was when we couldn't find a solution to helping a customer and finding them what they needed, or if a customer has become irritable and misunderstanding of our limits in the store. When we would have any problems, offering them to talk to a manager usually helped the situation if I could not calm them down myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all of the amazing co-workers, and meeting new people everyday, and seeing people smile from something I have done to help with anything I could.
Pros
Staff lunch days, amazing co-workers
Cons
Not much time off work for personal life.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC13 November 2016
Canadian Tire is a great place to work, they will work around your school schedule and help you however you need. However the coworkers whom i had would always involve themselves in each others personal lives.Made for very awkward days at work.
Is ok Job
Detailer/Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON10 November 2016
They only offer you long day hours 10 to 12 hours a day. During tire season the job is plenty but after tire season your hours get severely cut and they don't care if you like it or not. The job is ok good equipment and products to do the job.
Pros
Good equipment and quality products
Cons
They cut your hours
merchandiser
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK9 November 2016
I merchandise for the new and upcoming seasons, as well as find places for new items that come in and help with promotional sale items.
Great job advancements in a well respected company.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 November 2016
Lots of advancement within the company itself.
Training on all different areas and machines.
Great hours for those wishing a different shifts.
Very flexible in the hours as well.
Pros
Great co-workers, employeers, etc.
Cons
Full-timers have rotating shifts, forced to work big holidays if your schedule lands on them.
good kind work crew
Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 November 2016
on a typical day at work i would be working alone, picking products for entire store and stocking shelves or strategically place skids on retail floor. i would have to say the hardest part of this job is the severe lack of communication between management witch makes everything more difficult down the road
Productive and fun working Enviroment
Sales Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 November 2016
I learned a lot while working at Canadian Tire which includes people skills, negotiation skills and the drive to work towards target.
Management is easy going and don't shadow the work of their employees
Customer service
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON1 November 2016
Interesting jobs and helped find item for lots of customers. I also carried heavy things out to there cars on a dulle.
I stocked shelves and make tags for the lost items. Both bosses were great very nice.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Busy almost every day its packed
Good team
Promo (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON1 November 2016
i had a typical day. helped out in the back most of the time unloading trucks and working with 1 other guy. we did most of the work around there. we carried out the product to the customer.
Pros
lots of work, not much down time
Cons
nothing to say
good place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  medicine hat1 November 2016
The people I worked with were great we always went out for lunch at least once a month. On occasion company supplied lunch or treats.
Had a great social club.
Pros
great people
Fun Workplace and felxible hours
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 November 2016
Great job to work at fun staff very nice place to work and learn and gain experience!

Recommend working at Canadian Tire its a great place
Pros
Breaks, Workplace Environment, Training
Cons
Low Hours
Fun place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 October 2016
Canadian tire is a great corporation to work for. There treat every member of the staff like family and are always willing to work with the needs and expectations of the employees.