Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,099 reviews matching the search
Overall Canadian Tire is a great place to work...
DEPARTMENT MANAGER / ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB28 June 2016
Over the years Canadian Tire has evolved with the times, it is a fast paced exciting enviroment... The best part of the job is the interactions with not only the customers but with the staff themselves. I have put in many long hours over the years but always see the fruits of my labors.
Pros
Benefits were good, profit sharing
Cons
Many long hours, not getting stat days.
Fun productive work place.
Automotive parts technician (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON5 October 2016
I am not shy when it comes to working extra hours, but it's sad to say that my current position that I'm working deos not pay enough. Which has put me back on the job hunt
Pros
Everyone is very friendly
Cons
Salary is not enough
Good place
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT18 September 2016
Great place to work. Love Canadian tire. The co workers are the salt of the earth. Free lunches, great management, flexible ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!$$!$!!!!!!
Pros
Great benefits
Great place to work if you love working with people!
PARTS ADVISOR/SERVICE WRITER (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB25 May 2016
If you are willing to work, be dependable, apply yourself and learn new things, there is a great amount of knowledge you can acquire, and usually room for advancement. The pay was good, benefits were good, no shortage of hours available to those who would work them. The management I worked for were great people, who put pride into their work, and pushed us to as well.
Pros
Great staff, Birthday lunches
Cons
No-shows/working short-staffed
Good Environment to have a first job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON13 April 2016
CT is a great place to have a first job, I work in a fast pace area that requires multi-tasking. I do returns, cash purchases,stock shelves, and simple household cleaning. I also train all the new cashiers hired at the store. I have learned lots in regards to working with people, I learned how to become very well at multi-tasking, and I learned to work well in a team environment. Management is good, they are very easy to work with and are considerate when needing help with time off, assisting with bad situations with customers etc. The hardest part of the job is trying to balance everything at once. You have returns, regular cash, the phones ringing as well as the cashiers asking you questions which makes it difficult because there is so much going on at one time.
Pros
Meeting lots of new people, creating great friendships.
Cons
Not enough hours. I feel I should be paid a little more for the load of work I do, You get a 10 cent raise if you work over 1200 hours a year, which is not often.
More opportunity to grow
Gatehouse operating clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 September 2016
Great morre opportunity to grow
The best part of the job its help yiu more to go up and level up yourself
And friendly surrounding
And learn to be part of the team
Pros
More benifits fir family
Cons
N/A
Good place to work if you're a corporate lover
Web Designer (eLearning) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2016
A great place to work if you're into corporate culture. There are some fairly good benefits, but don't expect the greatest "competitive" salaries. CT boasts about 7.5 hr work days, but your days are 8.5 hrs long due to an hour unpaid lunch (not worth it imo). Management can be good or bad, depending on where you are. They struggle with getting rid of poor performers however.

I do love the flexible hours and being a part of a smaller department, which is fairly close-knit. They're continuously hiring younger people so it feels more like a young company and not so old-school. I love all the sports partnerships and the involvement in the community.
Pros
flexible hours, profit sharing
Cons
8.5 work day
Great Canadian Company
Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 January 2017
I worked at Canadian Tire Warehouse for about 41/2 yrs as a temp and under limited time contract. Most jobs fairly easy to learn. If you can read a label and move boxes you can do it. I often exceeded the required work quota, sometimes by 100%. I did get more 'preferred jobs' for working hard. Thought I was deserving of a full-time job, but I didn't get one. The social/cultural factor that was important to them, I don't have. I work hard, I'm polite and professional, but I'm not real chatty.

Managers are well trained and professional, but there is a definite pecking order in the hierarchy. Overall I think it was a mutually beneficial experience. I learned a lot, and worked a lot. I'm very happy to have helped out at a great Canadian Company.
Horrible
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2016
Mechanics call work that is not required. Management very poor. Salary Horrible to start. Company does not care about employees.
Learning platform
Transload Planning Analyst (/ Logistics Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 June 2016
- Regular work pressure, not very hectic
- lot of learning exposure
- Best part is Job Rotations , which give a way to learn and grow.
- Management is very supportive
- a lot of benefits you get being a Canadian Tire Employee like the employee discounts , Jay's match tickets / holiday .. etc :)
Fun place to work, great team of people, productive and educational
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2016
A busy day at work was always guaranteed, I learned to deal with customers well and give people an easier shopping experience. The management was excellent and my co-workers were helpful, friendly and hard-working. The hardest part of the job was when the store was packed full of customers so it would be difficult to tend to every single person who needed help. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of being able to help a customer and seeing them walk away happy with the intended product and possibly more.
Pros
Flexible break times, free staff lunch or breakfast roughly once a month
Cons
Good products, good innovations, good atmosphere
Canadian Tire Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB24 May 2016
Canadian Tire Corporation offers benefits and profit sharing to staff of a certain length of tenure. Safety policies and on-line training is available, though some is only available at the store which means spending off-time at work without remuneration.

However, there is room for advancement and moving among departments.
Pros
friendly fellow staff
Cons
need full time hours
Great enviroment to work in, easy to get alomg with other staff
Sales associate/ Aisle maintenance/ Fill Crew (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 June 2016
Overall Canadian Tire was a great place to work at. The people were very helpful and managers were very easy to get along with. Of course all jobs have bad days but there were not very many bad days at Canadian Tire.
Pros
Great management team, Hardworking people, Great benefits
Cons
Disrespectful customers
great fun workplace nor room for advancement
Prep cook / grill cook (Current Employee) –  by town grill17 May 2016
working at the canadian tire centre is a great place to work its fun, you work with nice people but they have no room for moving up in the system ive been there for 3 years now and i have not recieved any sort of salary buff or anything like that i have been doing the same work for the 3 years looking for more out of them
Pros
you get one free meal a shift and you get to hang out with some cool people
Cons
traffic, no raise
Not very fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON24 January 2017
Didn't like this job at all, Management is horrible, Hours were good and steady but that was about the only good thing about it.
Pros
Lots of hours
Past Employee
Office Accounting (Former Employee) –  Canadian Tire Store 299 Calgary, AB5 October 2016
The office position was great for 3 years with team spirit and management being supportive and envolved. The last year that I was employed there was very different, but this is probably because of management change as well as policy and procedure changes. I learned a lot during my time there mostly from the career employees who cared about the store and were very involved with assisting new employees. Good Luck to all envolved in the new administration and hopefully all goes well for both employees and management.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
The managements pressure to accomplish tasks within an unrealistic time period.
Good Temporary Job
Pro-Active Team (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON19 October 2016
The job is rather straight forward, although I find some management and staff have low demeanor which sucks to be around. Start at minimum with opportunities to advance, including profit sharing. But have to hang around for too long to make any real money. The job security is definitely there, that goes without saying if you are a good employee they will keep you around, Would recommend for high school or college students as a part time job, unless you really enjoy retail.
Pros
Advancement/benefit opportunities
Cons
Low Staff Demeanor
Its great but the money is the poo
Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC27 December 2016
The work to money ratio is the worst thing ever. The long time employees obviously make more but do absolutely nothing. So I feel like that is a downer, being in school and working just 40 hours every week is very tough they don't take no as an answer and most times you will have to work when you're sick. The discounts are awesome but not really worth it. The low amount of money we receive is a downer most goes to rent and food which leaves nothing for other bills. When youre in school be prepared to not have time off for finals.
Pros
Getting off of work
Cons
Money. time off
Good overall
Inventory management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
Overall good in work hours and very flexible. Perks and benefits are suitable for every employee and the management is head on. Job is slow paced and nice working environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 June 2016
-Work ethics and team -work is great in Canadian Tire
- learnt how to manage /order/display the inventory of Canadian tire
- Helping to improve my communication skills
Pros
Good Management & Benefits
Cons
Heavy lifting sometimes