Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 1,833 reviews matching the search
Good starting point for anyone looking for a job
Receiver/Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, ABSeptember 14, 2016
Canadian tire was good, I enjoyed learning new things for my job. Such tips to speed on processing trucks, or new items that make everyone life easier. The staff is friendly and willing to help out if needed. Hardest part of my job would be processing huge trucks by myself when others were busy with customers.
Pros
Friendly staff, good vibe, fun workplace
Cons
Exhusting work.
Amazing Employer!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deep River, ONSeptember 14, 2016
I loved loved LOVED working for Canadian Tire. The management was awesome. My fellow employee were wonderful. The Company was really good to work for. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I immensely enjoyed dealing with the public on a daily basis. I would have stayed longer but I had to register for Maternity Leave.
Fun at times
Auto Parts Counter (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONSeptember 13, 2016
Canadian tire St. Thomas was a good place to work, staff was friendly most of the time but the management could be a lot better on how the treat their employees.
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2016
Great work environment. The company seems to take very long to absorb employees working through employment agencies.

The people who do the hardest duties within the warehouse, just like most in Canada are the list paid, yet are do greater work loads and are more exposed to hazards.
Fun place to work, great team of people, productive and educational
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 12, 2016
A busy day at work was always guaranteed, I learned to deal with customers well and give people an easier shopping experience. The management was excellent and my co-workers were helpful, friendly and hard-working. The hardest part of the job was when the store was packed full of customers so it would be difficult to tend to every single person who needed help. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of being able to help a customer and seeing them walk away happy with the intended product and possibly more.
Pros
Flexible break times, free staff lunch or breakfast roughly once a month
Like Death warmed over
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 12, 2016
Not a place you want to be employed.
As an auto mechanic working Flat Rate you will starve.
No cars come into the shop. Then management blame the techs on poor productivity.
When you only have the opportunity to work on 2 - 3 cars in a twelve hour shift you have no chance of making any money.
On a good "busy" week I was averaging 20 hrs pay in a 40+ hour work week.
Astonishingly Shameful Management
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCSeptember 12, 2016
I spent about 3 weeks of my life wasting away working for the imbeciles that manage the Port Coquitlam location. The management staff are some of the most annoying , uneducated stuck up , grumpy , old and revolting people ever !

This .... FILTH of management should all be sifted through and replaced .
They do not understand how to train employees as every staff member despised many of them. Nor do they follow their own company rules.

I would have rather spent my days spent in a cesspit than having to deal with the baffoons that work in said store .
Pros
Lowest staff members were cool
Cons
Management is revolting
productive and keep's you busy at all times
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 10, 2016
A typical day at work is helping customers and pulling skids from the warehouse. If there are no skids then we usually fill empty shelves and clean up the store to make it look nice.
Good Company
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2016
It s a reliable company to work for.
the insurance is perfect as well as the work enviroment
this company good for doing as transitional job
good job but unfair manager
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 7, 2016
Working at Canadian tire taught me a lot about working in an environment with a lot of products. I learned the importance of being familiar with the stores products and knowing how to help a customer to the best of my abilities. I also learned a lot about being organized, because of how my job meant that I'd be in the Warehouse of the Store often.
Pros
an enviroment that ran on team work
Cons
to many late shifts
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 6, 2016
great place to work
very helpful when you has questions.

sometimes a lot of the items in the isles were missed place so when customers came up to the cash and the item is priced wrong the customer got upset
Pros
good staff
Cons
unorganized
Its a good place to work. Nice and friendly people and good managers.
Warehouse - Receiving (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 5, 2016
All the managers at work are very nice. It is nice to work at Canadian Tire, Oakville. The work is intensive and keep me busy all day. I love that a lot.
Productive Environment
Housewares Executive (Former Employee) –  Fenelon Falls, ONSeptember 5, 2016
Working at Canadian Tire, is very hard work. Being a Housewares Associate, I worked with two other woman restocking, and organizing shelving, as well as helping costumers.

I learned how to use the computer system effectively and quickly, while helping a customer find the item they described and wanted. I learned out to properly organize shelves and back room storage.

The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting. Sometimes boxes were hard to manage, and you would have to get another co-worker to help with lifting heavier items, when they were not busy.
Pros
Effective Teamwork
Cons
Repetitive long hours
lots of daily tasks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 2, 2016
bad management
rude employees
new and returning customers
no benefits
high staff turnover
low compensation
too much work drama
no advancement
Pros
Usually busy
Cons
bad management, too much drama
Very fast paced
Automotive Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bancroft, ONSeptember 2, 2016
A typical day at Canadian Tire consists of, stalking the shelves in the department, talking part orders, putting away new stock, and answering the phones.
Fun people and exciting surroundings
Storefront/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONSeptember 2, 2016
The co-workers weren't always at their best. I didn't really get paid for my last two shifts. Other than that I love the park. I was in charge of cleaning up the condiments as well as food preparation and the serving. I was also in charge of the storefront which included handling the cash register and customers.
Pros
Free food all day as well as drinks
Cons
Intoxicated people
Great
Automotive Service Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 31, 2016
starting after college working for Canadian tire learned a lot working in the shop environment. helping the technicians to remove and replace parts on vehicles
friendly coworkers, good management
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ONAugust 31, 2016
the job could be physically demanding with moving the skids around all day, but the staff was helpful and the management seem to know how to run things properly and efficiently.
Alright Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2016
decent job if you have not extra-curricular activities.

management was alright for the most part.

understaffed for most of the year, without new bodies being hired on.
They were pretty awful with the managment but the overall environment of the workplace was pretty good.
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 31, 2016
The managment was very rude treated staff like they were stupid. Didnt spend the time to train very often had to go to co workers for training. Good work environment, treated customers with respect and put them first.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Awful managment

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location