Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,580 reviews matching the search
A great place to start a career!
Fixing Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON12 July 2017
I had begun to work for Canadian Tire in mid-December of 2016. I would walk an hour every day and made it a priority to arrive early. When I started my training, I was taught Canadian Tire’s/Ontario’s Safety Policies and how to read and use the RF scanner. I later learned; locating items, warehouse locations, pick lists, printing labels, and finally preparing and selling paint. After some time, I had an understanding of not only where to find requested products, but the functionality of specific tools, equipment and more. I felt welcomed as a part of the team and there was always something interesting happening!
Pros
Very social atmosphere
Bad management
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 July 2017
Generally fast paced environment allowing to learn time management and good customer service as well as on going knowledge of the products. Management is very much lacking in any drive and many in qualification. Individual departments are largely left to self govern allowing to minimize this detriment.
Pros
Overall good team
Cons
Zero advancement opportunities
productive and fun workplace
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB12 July 2017
the staff is very polite with the customers and also with other coworkers. fun and cheerful, when needed help they were always there to help each other.
Great Company
Senior Analyst, Credit Risk Late Stage (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 July 2017
As a Canadian Company that promotes a healthy environment, Canadian Tire is a great place to work. Company promotes employee development and provides in job training
emploi étudiant
Commis plancher (Former Employee) –  Joliette, QC12 July 2017
Emploi étudiant durant lequel j'ai beaucoup appris au service à la clientèle.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON12 July 2017
You learn a lot about inventory and organization. How to help customers in the best way possible. You also learn from customers as well from the experiences they've had with the different products they used.
Decent place, not much to complain about
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 July 2017
Overall I don't really do much with my time when I'm there, the managers at my location could care less about what we do, as long as it looks like we are doing something.
it was ok
SALES ASSOSIATE (Former Employee) –  Terrace11 July 2017
The job was pretty good and all but its the other employees that make it hard to handle. The store can become quite busy and even hostile to your day.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Stress
Canadian tire review
QA Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Canadian Tire is an amazing place to work. This company gives the opportunity to grow. It's a multicultural environment where you can find the life and work balance easily.
Great place for students to work
sports representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON10 July 2017
A typical day at work starts with clocking in, then I go to my department and help customers. I would help them with anything from sharpening skates, getting items off shelves, answering any questions they had, giving them advice on buying things. I learnt many things about different sporting equipment. The hardest part of the job was locating items because they could be none of the items on the shelves, so then i would have to look around in many other places to find the item for the customer. My favorite thing about the job was sharpening skates. Canadian tire is a great place for students to work because they offer good benefits for students.
Pros
Great benefits for students
Cons
working alone lots.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2017
Canadian Tire is a great place for a first job. Whether you're on the retail floor in specific departments or working on cash, there is a lot to learn. You're attention to detail increases, multi-tasking becomes mandatory and most importantly your patience grows.
Pros
Flexible hours, good staff
Cons
On your feet most all the time
Great Position
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Worked here for 3 and a half years as a student really flexible work schedule and great experience. Hoping this leads to many other potential opportunities
Great crew leads
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 July 2017
learnt a lot from my work at canadian tire,
job ethics, work place culture,
day to day goals, stability on performance,
client and customer interaction,
Pros
great crew leads
Cons
Hard work
Relaxed work environment
Tool specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 July 2017
Good management mixed with a relaxed atmosphere makes for an enjoyable working experience. wages being minimum and giving fulltime hours to as few employees as possible hurts overall moral view of the company.
great potential but the general manager wasn't good
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 July 2017
I like working here because the staff was great and they were really encouraging. however, the general manger was very rude and he like to intimidate the staff members. but the supervisors were amazing
Pros
staff members
Cons
general manger
Great Culture and Valuable Work
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2017
Canadian owned company allows for ownership and strategic decision making. Work life balance is valued and overall culture is youthful and fun. Salary is slightly below average.
Pros
Work-life balance, family culture
Cons
Salary is below average
this job is alot of fun to a person that loves to challenge themselves
Parts Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 July 2017
this a challenging job you must think before doing and be on the ball
No room for mistakes as you are dealing with the safety of the customer.you need to pay attention , concentrate to the job at hand.
hardest part of the job is to try and answer all customer questions. the hardest part is to deal with certain management who think the store and stock belongs to them
Not Fun
Sales / Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 July 2017
I didn't enjoy my stay here, the managment was awful. Major disconnect, took favour, boring work environment. There isnt any culture, ....................
productive,fun, fast paced
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC6 July 2017
This job has allowed me to obtain multiple skills such as problem solving, customer service skills, work well under pressure, organizational skills, and the love for retail.
Great culture & people
BRAND CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
Canadian Tire has a really great and collaborative culture. The people at Canadian Tire are always thinking outside of the box. We work in a fast paced environment and are constantly evolving due to the ever changing world of retail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval