Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,688 reviews matching the search
Automotive Shop
Installer, Parts Desk, Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 3, 2016
Everyday learning experience. Amazing co-workers, work well with one another making the job easier when help was required. Most enjoyable part was to work on something new and unique everyday
Pros
Co-workers, working on cars
Cons
Job security
Woked here for 8 years,Nice work atmosphere
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Goreway DriveJune 3, 2016
Great company ,learned a lot about warehouse functioning.
Team work with co-workers. Weight lifting involved. 10 hours job. Fun to learn about warehouse management.
Work Hard and Enjoy it
Fill Crew/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2016
Canadian Tire stores are offering the best tools you can use for everyday life from households, sports, plumbing, cars and automative stuff and outdoor facilities that also extended to gardening.

First thing in the morning we are accepting deliveries, as a fill crew we are responsible for filling in the shelves with stocks. There were days that manpower were less, as a team we need to help one another. They are strict with the rules and implement new one to do the job efficiently. The hardest part of our work as a woman, we are carrying heavy loads of items. I am very grateful to my co-workers and managers because they are approachable, friendly and willing to help.
Pros
Working hard equals to money
Cons
off peak in the store you have less hours of work
Interesting job, mechanically oriented
Tire Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCJune 2, 2016
Full time position, learned the basic mechanic skills for automobiles, very quick pace, and fairly heavy work at times.
Productive, slow pace working environment. Very Educational
Cashier, Sales Associate(Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 2, 2016
I really enjoy working at Canadian Tire, the environment is suitable for a lot of people, I would prefer a more fast pace environment, where I can use most of my skills. Canadian Tire is generally a slow pace environment depending on the time of year which can be stressful as you can't estimate accurately when it will be fast pace environment. The pay is rather low, they offer the bare minimum of minimum wage.
Pros
Flexible hours, Great Engagement, Great Management
Cons
Not known for the best customer service, stressful
okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
it was cool getting to know some of the staff but the location was very inconvenient for me so i didn't really like it. The managers stole from the actual store.
Service Advisor
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Canmore, ABJune 1, 2016
Good place to work just not the career i wanted and left only because i wanted to get jobs in my chosen field. Would recommend for anyone that likes to keep busy.
every day was a new day!
Cashier/Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 31, 2016
Loved the staff and management team,on the job training,learning about the company programs,fund raising. Kingway Great Team!
Pros
staff discount
Cons
very busy
Canadian Tire
HEAD CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 30, 2016
Terrible place to work full of (mostly) terrible people. The front end is a disaster and there is zero respect in those four walls.
Pros
Some friends
Cons
Everything else
Fun work place Lots to do
Duties - Sales associate, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, ABMay 30, 2016
We always knew what had to be done and got to learn and teach people about products and how to use equipment in the store. Interacting with customers to help them get the best shopping experience possible is rewarding .
nice people and very welcoming
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 30, 2016
When I first started working here the staff were very welcoming. My supervisor stood by my side and trained me well. There is someone always close by to help when I am stuck on something.
Great place to learn customer service
HARDWARE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  ArnpriorMay 29, 2016
A typical day involved keeping your section fully stocked, creating and making sure price tags are correct and helping customers find the right products.

Great management team that made sure daily tasks were completed.
It was not great, but also not the worst
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMay 27, 2016
Days were very routine and I didn't learn to much from my job. But the people I worked with were good people. I would have to say the best part of it was my co workers in the company.
Productive and fun worlplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 27, 2016
Stock shelves, face shelves, sweep and help customers. Bring products to cars, and out from the warehouse. Great co-workers, and a lot of fun.
Pros
Sports Department
Cons
Hot inside wearing pants.
Poor management, bad pay, no advancements
Installer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 26, 2016
Worked at canadian tire for many years. They pay the bear minimum while making you pickup the pieces that management failed to collect. Had 2 shop foremen and one refused to be help to anyone and made others do his work for him all while taking in the hours. He gets paid the hourly guy gets paid. Win win right? Wrong. Not saying this is the corporations fault but its taking money from their own pocket when they're paying a person to work hourly while they also pay the technician the amount of time for the job. If you dont care about getting more than minimum wage and would like to be timed doing jobs, told how fast you have to work, be blamed for things you havent done, be critisized by a group of hypocrites, have to sign contracts to abide by their rules. Then by all means this is the job for you.
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
One awful shop foreman, tyrannic coworkers, poor management
Good staff atmosphere, kept busy
Sales assosiate (Former Employee) –  High River, ABMay 26, 2016
Customers come first, helped answer questions and relocate customers to the correct department.
Learned about retail, how it works and the system behind it.
Didn't get treated very well by management, loved all co-workers and never had a problem working with fellow associates.
Decent
Head Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stettler, ABMay 26, 2016
I wouldnt be a life long employee. Store owners vary from store to store. Most store owners arent very nice and dont know what they are doing. Lack of training depending on store.
Fun and convenient place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
A worked in the garden center as an associate and cashier with responsibilities such as cleaning, taking care of the plants, customer service, and inventory. I learned a lot about plants and gardening, but even more about customer service and people skills. My managers were kind yet at times disorganized, and I worked with many amazing people. The hardest part of my job was having to work outside everyday in Calgary weather, yet it was also one of the best parts. Also just being in an enjoyable work place.
Pros
kind people, doing what I love.
Cons
long hours, disorganized management.
Productive and fun work place
Stock Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 26, 2016
Great place to work in. Experienced in Cashier work as well as Stocking products to the right locations. Able to use the Auto Parts desk computers to look up products for customers.
Enjoyed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
• Processed orders efficiently and accurately
• Computed and record totals of transactions
• Maintained clean and orderly checkout areas