Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,585 reviews matching the search
Not ideal for my perspective.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 21, 2016
The work itself is not bad but I dislike the management and how the managers treat other employees. They do have favoritism.. I feel like I got treated unfairly.
Fun and productive work enviroment
Gas Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 20, 2016
We would always have fun at work everyone was very supportive and were always there to help when needed.

The manager and supervisor are very understanding
Canadian Tire Environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Canadian Tire North Lethbridge, ABApril 20, 2016
In the Canadian Tire family there are a lot of good fun people to be around, (co-workers) but then there is the management. The management here is terrible, they are awful people who only care about them selves and want to make everyone else's time here miserable. the typical day at work was not bad, everything goes smoothly when certain managers aren't in at the same time. I learned to be patient with customers and also co-workers. the hardest part of my job is trying to keep the managers (head Cashier and general manager) happy, to me there seems like your always doing something wrong or not enough. the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and co-workers.
Pros
Everything else
Cons
Head Cashier/ General Manager
How I felt about Canadian Tire
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 19, 2016
It was a nice job at the start but Management is what I would say was the tough part of the job. They would come down on you if the truck was not unloaded and the warehouse was completely full of merchandise. So I didn't really like management. I would say the best part of the job was the fact it was my first job ever and it paid for my whole university education. Some of my coworkers were ok but not all. It was like a battleground with everyone who didn't like someone would start arguements with them and that wasn't pleasant. It wasn't a good place to work. Not good pay.
Pros
I didn't like the pay.
Cons
the pay however paid for my university education and kept me out of debt
Very Good
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 19, 2016
Very nice experience and improvement. I have never encountered any problems working here. Very welcoming team. Great location where the weather is beautiful all around the year.
Pros
Work Atmosphere
Cons
nothing
Professional place to work
Customer Service Representation (Current Employee) –  2025 Kipling Ave, Rexdale, ON M9W 4J8April 19, 2016
Opening of the gas bar
Handling customers
Managing the daily book work and got experience of handling cash register
Maintenance of the gas bar
Convenience store operation
Great co workers, customers
Gas Station Attendant MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ONApril 18, 2016
Fast paced, time mangement,
Worked for free sometimes doing surveys,
Not enough staff on for deliveries,
Work alone most of the time, great if you like that.
Pros
GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH
Cons
LONG HOURS
Customer-Oriented Retail.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 18, 2016
Customer-Oriented made it extremely enjoyable. Doing stock, doing assigned tasks for the day helped me learn valuable time management skills.
Fairly average minimum wage job
Sales Associate/labourer (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCApril 17, 2016
Working at Canadian Tire isn't hard, it just takes common sense and a good attitude. A typical day in the warehouse would be working hard, moving heavy boxes off trucks and around the store. The work is a bit physically demanding, but the day tends to go by fast. A typical day working on the floor would be trying to balance putting away stock, keeping your section clean and organized all while trying to help customers. Generally the job is not very physically demanding (depending on what stock you may be putting away), but does make you quite mentally exhausted. Between dealing with difficult customers and trying to please some disrespectful management can be very tiring. Some of management can be quite nice and fair, but others can be quite rude and hostile. The owners are very cheap, cutting hours to the minimum which causes much of the staff to be over worked and new staff to be poorly trained. The place is not all bad though. The people that I have met there are amazing and have changed my life forever. So many people have taught me so many valuable skills and lessons. Some have even helped me learn more about myself. I do not regret working there, I only regret staying there for as long as I have.
Pros
Great people and valuable work experience gaining important skills
Fun
Sales Associate, Sports (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 16, 2016
It was a great experience working here. Everyone was friendly and willingly to help. I was once helped to figure out something in the store when i was stuck
a fun workplace.
Shelf stocker (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NLApril 15, 2016
I really loved working there but management at the time wasnt the best.Now there is new management i would go back at a moments notice.
Pros
discount
Cons
not getting off on time.
Working with people
Parts Dept. filler/desk (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABApril 15, 2016
Putting stock out or in the warehouse, making price tags, learning to find parts at the desk, working the cash register. Helping customers or co-workers find what they were looking for and guiding them to proper department.
Cons
hours cut back every spring
Always a challenge
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 15, 2016
Working for Canadian Tire is perfect for the candidate who loves to be physically active, interact with associates and customers and who thrives on a steady movement of tasks, deadlines and challenges. Canadian Tire is a thriving retail outlet that offers a vast variety of household needs and seasonal enhancements. Managing a Canadian Tire requires long hours, occasional late nights and a strong work ethic. The manager represents the owner/operator as the stores are franchised. This means that one location could have a completely different philosophy and rules and regulations than another. This can be challenging when dealing with customers and prior associates who may apply to work in your location. The standards set by corporate home office include merchandising deadlines and mandated point of purchase materials to be implemented to ensure consistency throughout the chain. There is a store report performed twice a year that scores the standards of the store. There is a fantastic e-learning program that ensures your associates are set for success upon completion.
hardest part of working there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QCApril 14, 2016
don't train you long enough for counting you cash at the end of the day.
rude when asked questions
NO BENEFITS
impatient when dealing with new employees
Pros
some nice co workers
Cons
supervisors with attitude
Productive Workplace with Friendly Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2016
I learned a lot regarding how to satisfy the needs of customers.
I was also able to grow my organization and leadership skills, as well as learn how to be more independent and collaborative
Great company, but depends who you work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
It can be the greatest or not so great, company culture varies greatly depending on the team you work on/with.
The profit sharing is a great perk.
Good Environment to have a first job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ONApril 13, 2016
CT is a great place to have a first job, I work in a fast pace area that requires multi-tasking. I do returns, cash purchases,stock shelves, and simple household cleaning. I also train all the new cashiers hired at the store. I have learned lots in regards to working with people, I learned how to become very well at multi-tasking, and I learned to work well in a team environment. Management is good, they are very easy to work with and are considerate when needing help with time off, assisting with bad situations with customers etc. The hardest part of the job is trying to balance everything at once. You have returns, regular cash, the phones ringing as well as the cashiers asking you questions which makes it difficult because there is so much going on at one time.
Pros
Meeting lots of new people, creating great friendships.
Cons
Not enough hours. I feel I should be paid a little more for the load of work I do, You get a 10 cent raise if you work over 1200 hours a year, which is not often.
most people are nice
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bancroft, ONApril 13, 2016
Management needs improvement, they have favourites, most co-workers are great, not enough hours and they have favouritism, different departments get treated different.
Pros
like most of my co-workers
Cons
favouritism, and hours
great workplace to help with fulfillment and growth
Cash/Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa South, ONApril 12, 2016
it is a great place to work, there is a dynamic team of staff from various backgrounds. There is a lot to learn in any position and people willing to teach you. Customers can be difficult but there is always someone to lend a helping hand.
Pros
luncheons, people
Cons
I worked on cash and courtesy, which I loved. Working with the public is one of the things I like to do.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONApril 12, 2016
It was a busy place to work which made it fun. Worked on cash for a couple of years. I was then moved to the courtesy desk.

I got along well with management and my co-workers as well as the customers.