Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,114 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace with flexible hours
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
Canadian tire is a fun workplace and the hours are very flexible allowing you to work around a schedule. Days range from very busy to very slow, and the job involves constant interaction with others. Highly recommend as a starter job for junior high/ high school students.
I really liked to work there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 February 2017
It was a fun environment to work and a lot of things to do around the building. It was fun to listen and talk to the walky talkie. I learned many things at canadian tire.
very good
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK22 February 2017
very good atmosphere
everybody was very friendly
i always treat my employees very politely
and help them in the areas they were weak.
got raise in my wages because of my hard work in a month
Fast pace job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON22 February 2017
Each day is a new day get to help others find the product they are looking for. Help them with items to their car.Lots of stoking shelves during the day .
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
Great place to work and build up your skills. I enjoyed the work environment, and your communication skills become greatly improved helping customers.
Very good work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON21 February 2017
The current management team as well as the owners allow this canadian tire store to have an encouraging work environment.
The demanfds pf the job are not excessive and allow for an employee to develop customer relation skills.
The working hours also allow for a very manageable balance between work and other areas of life.
its fun to work with co worker and the management
Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK21 February 2017
Good employment benefits and profit sharing benefits. I will definitely work again in this company if given a chance. They have a good line up of product and warranty for consumer.
excellent company to work for
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON21 February 2017
8 to 4 monday to friday
everything i know today
great management team
CTFS family
Having to leave to move
meeting all the great people and friend I met
Pros
lots of incentives
A good company to work for
Automotive Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK21 February 2017
I really enjoyed working for Canadian Tire. There was room for advancement and they encouraged to try challenges. I was moving to Saskatoon and wanted to go back to cooking.
Pros
Profit sharing and benefits package
Cons
Wages
enviroment is great, great poeple, allways enjoying everyday work
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockland, ON21 February 2017
learn new system management, service advisor was something new,allways doing my best to help customers, i really enjoy the time there,the hardest pas helping the customer but unable to provide the parts they need because out of stock or not available,
Canadian Tire
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tilbury, ON20 February 2017
When I was working at Canadian Tire for almost a year I was very pleased with the way I was treated and the working conditions. i would recommend Canadian Tire.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Was on the 401
Beginner job for kids out of highschool or while going to college
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC20 February 2017
Great place for kids coming out of highschool or others that are still in college that need a little extra money. A bonus is after a certain amount of hours, you are put into profit sharing.
Pros
profit sharing, works around your schedule
good job for students
Sales Associate / Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL20 February 2017
a day working at Canadian tire goes by very fast between your everyday tasks and serving customers but the training and guidance I received from the managers in the Marystown Newfoundland location (store number 0468) gave me the skills to master multitasking my work while still providing excellent customer service.

while working at the Marystown location I learned very quick that the hardest part of the job was having to deal with unsatisfied customers coming to you because they were not satisfied with the service from your co-worker. I don't mind this because I find it very enjoyable to help anyone leave the store happy because they received the items they desired and the best customer service oriented only on their needs.
flexible and organized within my seasonal department
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB20 February 2017
They had flexible hours and depending on the manager within the department it was fairly organized but going further into the system some head managers seemed to make the store unorganized and hard to work with. Overall was not a bad working experience and I learned a lot from the job.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
poorly managed
Productive and fun working place
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC19 February 2017
I really enjoyed working with people in this company. It was a great experience. A typical day at work was assisting customers with problems and helping them.
Not a good work environment
Sales associate in the sports department (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON19 February 2017
Canadian Tire treats their employees very poorly. They do not give hours necessary for paying bills and saving for school. I am a student and I am forced to look for a second job due to the poor pay and poor hours.
Cons
no hours
Sales Executive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2017
I have been learning all the time. The job provided me fastly. I learned how ı can manage or sale something by myself. And effective communication
good environment
Sanitation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON19 February 2017
good cultural environment. get to meet new people and have conversations on the event of that day. have to be quick to react to situations.
Family culture atmosphere. Innovative, professional, fast-paced culture.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 February 2017
An excellent place to be employed both financially and for career challenge. You have autonomy. Team building within the organization. An excellent opportunity for personal growth.
Pros
Excellent work atmosphere, profit-sharing, stocks, etc.
Cons
Distance
Long work days with a good lunch room
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2017
The days would consist of loading and unloading product and organizing it onto shelves. The hardest part of the job was the inner department fighting between the supervisors
Pros
Cons
Poor mamagement