Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

1.3K reviews

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd
Hardware, Cashier, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioApril 10, 2013
Pros: canadian tire staff barbecues, bowling nights, catered lunches, and christmas parties
Cons: the odd three to four hour shift
A typical day working at Canadian Tire consisted of quite a number of things for the time I served them as an employee. Beginning as a cashier, and later moving to a customer service representative, I operated cash registers, optical price scanners, computers or other equipment to record and receive payments or process returns from customers for purchases made, services provided, or fees paid while handling cash and credit payments, making change, giving receipts, accounting for all payments, and performing related clerical duties within the company. Also, I balanced the cash through organized paperwork at the end of every shift, obtained an abundant amount of knowledge company policies along with a proficient understanding of transactions involving cash, coupons and credit. Lastly, I was able to train others in the Cashier and Customer Service Department. Later, I wanted a taste of a different section in the company, so I became part of the House ware, Hardware, Lighting, Plumbing, and Paint Department. Over here, I directly dealt with the public as well as other employees, developing communication and teamwork skills. I was also able to train new employees in this department. I was specifically in charge of teaching how to mix paint, cut keys, wires and chains. Also, I gained quite a substantial amount of knowledge regarding hardware and home furnishings. I was able to fix different display models, put together different promotional stands, properly lift relatively heavy objects from high shelves, and put away the most amount of stock in the least amount of time.
The management – more... and my fellow co-workers were fantastic. I made long lasting friendships and even met my boyfriend at Canadian Tire. Also, I worked well with everyone by learning to accommodate their different styles and paces of completing tasks. Finally, I knew when to take charge of tasks and when to follow directions.
The hardest part of my job was the beginning. Getting the hang of things is always quite difficult, especially when surrounded by people who make working with the cash register look like a form of art. Once I broke the ice, however, it was very liberating and made me very excited to continue. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing regular customers come in and asking me for help. Getting to know my customers and understanding their needs more and more thoroughly each time was a very gratifying experience. – less
A very stressful, upsetting work environment.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Port Elgin, OntarioJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: management, long hours, few/no breaks, unrewarding work environment
A typical day began by preparing tills for the day. We were required to organize the cash area, including putting the daily newspaper that was delivered to us, in sections, together for sale. Once the store opened, we were required to complete a daily cleaning list, while simultaneously assisting customers with purchases/returns. Most of the day consisted of the same tasks.

I learned how to deal with customers who were unsatisfied with their products, and how to appropriately resolve the issues in order to satisfy the customer with a different product, or a money-return.

The management was HIGHLY unfair. The store was (is) run by a family, and there was a high level of favouritism. The managers were extremely hard to approach. Employees were often made to feel guilty for any days they were required to take off. I was often made to feel like I was inconveniencing management when I asked (weeks ahead of time) for certain days off for examinations at my university. On more than one occasion, the managers were caught saying inappropriate, offensive things about their employees (to other employees).

My co-workers, for the most part, were friendly people who were easy to work with. We all worked quite hard to make sure customers were happy, despite feeling unnecessary stress from management.

The hardest part of my job was being expected to simultaneously complete tasks by myself. For instance, to complete the cleaning list, we were required to leave the general cash area, and yet still remain close enough to be available for customers/make sure no money was stolen. However, if – more... we were unable to complete a task due to high customer volume, and a lack of employees, we were penalized and made to feel like we were inadequate employees. In addition, we often didn't have anyone to relieve us for breaks (or if we did, we were again made to feel like we were inconveniencing them, despite our right to have a break), so we often went without.

The most enjoyable part of my job was recognizing my own abilities. I taught myself a lot of the job because training was inadequate, and despite teaching myself, was often told (by customers) how efficient I was. – less
Busy and fun work environment. Great corporate culture.
Mailroom, Facilities and H&S Representative (Current Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 25, 2014
In the Performance of my daily job functions, I perform an established process which entails sorting all daily incoming and outgoing correspondence. I order, receive and maintain all necessary supplies for the office as well as assist with facility services including building operations, employee moves, AV setups and bookings and the maintenance of files. Throughout my current role I provide and perform excellent customer service by doing my due diligence in providing service and adapting services as required by the business.
I feel that I have successfully been able to meet all of the requirements for this role by not only meeting the requirements, but also by maintaining a high level of professionalism. This aspect of the role has helped me develop a strategic imperative by contributing to the development of a high-performing organization with a high operational effectiveness. I feel that this would contribute to my skillset in terms of entering a Human Resources Role by allowing me to demonstrate my interactive abilities and apply these skills from a transferable skill set stand point. I feel that I can apply the same skill sets used in my daily functions of my current role in a human resources role by executing my exceptional communication skills as well as my customer service skills in order to serve the staff of the organization with respect to meeting its strategic objectives. From a leadership standpoint, I provide direction to a temporary employee to contribute to the successful accomplishment of the daily tasks. This trait is transferable because of the input and feedback – more... that I provide can also be used in a Human Resources role for demonstrating a high level of service to meeting employee needs from a high level of service perspective.
Another critical function of my current job that pertains to a high level of relevancy from a human resources perspective is dealing with departmental process manuals, schedules and outlines as requested and required by management in order to ensure processes and services are documented for the continued success of the department and making informed decisions. – less
Excellent customer service experience with knowledge of the store product's location, signage, computer usage, delivery orders and phone calls
Customer Care Employee and Cashier (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJune 6, 2013
Pros: genuinely feeling that you helped someone.
Cons: if on cash, standing for over 9 hours.
A typical day at work depends on what shift placement I receive. If I work at the Customer Care desk, usually there would be a lot of signage to print early on in the shift. I would in non-subsequent order then follow to cut keys for customers as well as transponder car keys that have the chip in them. This process does take longer, in order to activate the chip in the key. Further, I would fill the battery rack, organize the desk and use 2 computers to assist customers with any inquiries they may have and to also print labels for the store's needs. Working independently at the desk, I am required to assist people in the best possible way I can by myself which is perfect because I find it more enjoyable to take on a variety of tasks. However, sometimes there are not a lot of co-workers in the vicinity which involves less communication between myself and them so that is not the best part because I do enjoy talking to my staff members. There really is no difficult part of the job as I have been working there for over 3 years and am sufficiently knowledgeable on how to handle almost any task thrown my way. The most enjoyable part of my job, however, is when I really feel that I helped a customer to the best of my ability. Sometimes it does require circling the store, finding what they need, going back to the desk, and finding what other locations or stores may have what they are looking for and phoning these locations, speaking with other retail associates. On top of that, I would give my advice on what product would better suit the customer's immediate and long-term needs and – more... sometimes open up a product delivery order with the help of the product departmental staff member. The longer time I spend enthusiastically helping my customer, the more I feel that I answered all their questions and helped to the maximum. – less
productive and a nice place to work and to learn and get more experiences
Représentante bilingue au service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Welland OnJuly 11, 2014
Pros: because i did a good job i was entitle to a free meal. i enjoyed it.
Cons: i could not hang up on customer until i resolve the issue so long hours doesn't matter
One customer called and she was an happy with the product she purchased for her dad, it was a gift but her father could not use it in his new car. At the time of purchase she was told that she could easily installed in the car but they did not mentioned to her that she will need to perforate a hole in other to install the back up camera. It was so frustrating for her and her father, it was a brain new car and he didn't want to perforate his car. The customer went back to the store hopping someone will take the product back and refund the money but she couldn't get any help. So she called the main office and I spoke to her. I empathize with her, I told her how sorry I was for her father and her then explain to her about the warranty procedure. Then I asked her to send me a copy of her original receipt and told her I will be sending her a gift card for the value of the purchase so she could get something else for her father. she was very Happy. after receiving her gift card she called the office to make a positive feed back on the service I did provide to her. I was rewarded as the best customer service of the month because of her. My manager were so proud of me as I raised the bar, my co-worker were friendly and happy for me as I have been working so hard to get there. I had learned a lot, customer need to be treated whit respect and to be understood and further more to help them to get they issue resolved makes them grateful and satisfied.
The hardest part of the job is the fact that we don't know what to expect with customer. But we need to do our best to reach they expectation. – more... The enjoyable part of the job is to make customer happy, to be able to resolve they issue and to feel valuable to someone in need. I had to leave the company as I was returning to school. Over all that was a really good experience. – less
Friends do not let friend work in Canadian Tire
Finance field (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2015
Pros: Made some friends, some managers are ok
Cons: Overworked and underpaid, horrible management from top to middle level, no advancement for internal employee
I have worked in CTC for 8 years.

At first it was a wonderful company to work for. Senior management treated everyone with respect. Management was rewarding and encouraging. Everyone was friendly. It was like a family.

Since they changed top management, the entire company cultural changed dramatically.

They fired a lot old senior management in 2012. Since that day, office politics are major focus instead of customer/business growth.

Senior management made a lot unreasonable decisions, like moving Accounts Payable to Oakville, which caused significant delay in vendor payments, almost caused business disruption. The reason was told to us, to save rent money. Instead of saving costs, they kept renting additional spaces in Toronto.

Senior management prefer to hire young CAs from outside of the company and hardly give any advance opportunity to internal people. And they created a hierarchy culture. Senior Financial Analysts (almost all CAs) would never be friendly to "little people" unless they need something from you.

Management fired a lot employees worked for 20 or 30 years just because they did not have designation, they punish you for being loyal.

Management are biased, mean and selfish. I hardly get any appreciation and encouragement. And they try to create hierarchy/lays in a very small team.

In this company if you are not AVP's favourite, you will never get advancement, you will not get appreciated, your co-workers will undermine you.

CTC pays very low and just give you 1% raise each year if you are not buttering up your management.

The – more... management of business is a mess.
HR policy apply to someone but not another.
A lot departments do not have a clear understanding of their responsibilities.
A lot of repeated effort for same problems, you may spend 50% of your time to fix other people errors. – less
must have enjoyable workplace to give 110%
Inventory Control (Current Employee), Canmore, ABJune 2, 2014
Pros: excellent working conditions, owner is like one of the guys
Cons: trying to enjoy my work again
In Jan 2013 I had a double lung transplant at the time the owner of the Canmore store was the only person to take a chance on me so soon after surgery he let me start off slow and work at my own pace while I got stronger.My 16 years with CTC has taught many existing employees how CTC operates.A typical day begins at 5am with a walkthrough to assess what areas need work putting them into a priority sequence ,scan for missing labels and holes,truck stock getting things ready for when the shift starts.If I have learned anything it is patience the only people with CTC knowledge are the owner the gm and myself so it is at times difficult to assign in a way that does not insult or worry a new employee.The hardest part of the job is me I visualize what needs to be done and do it which is often to the ire the owner I am just now learning to realize my limitations,Please do not take that the wrong way I have made a fantastic recovery from transplant and am stronger than most but at this time am only able to work 5 or 6 hours a day.Many of my co-workers work harder after working with me and forget about there owies. Mgmt.is why I am looking elsewhere the owner is aware of this the GM is very smart has very good ideas but his priorities are all mixed up instead of being harsh to those not doing their jobs{ its like he is afraid they will quit } he raises the standards for the employees that do not need constant pressure.He has a way of talking down to you, the better you are at a job the more critical he gets.
When I am given a module that requires fitting 16 feet of product into a 12 – more... foot space the owner is the first to say can you do it,then immediately say I know you can.When I am done I can stand back and look at what I have done with pride knowing very few people can to the same thing.
. – less
try elsewhere for work
associate (Former Employee), langley, BC.December 17, 2013
Pros: they showed their 'kindness' with the free expired pop they were going to chuck and gave it to us.
Cons: the stalking aspect and managers swearing at you off duty or talking about you behind your back
in terms of making money, don't count on it as a career obviously.
I found the managers there to constantly and consistently stalk the employees and their facebook. They even fired a self check out person , where I lived, for saying she didn't like self check outs.

they fired another employee for taking pics of their warehouse when it was messy.

often, instead of christmas parties, they just give a petty 25$ giftcard to buy their products (which I have no use for). and give expired drinks on the lunchroom tables for us to drink.

another comment I would like to say, there were a lot of racist comments from employees who worked there. Not all of them, but one of the mechanics there commented that it was like 'Cambodian tire' and that China was too overpopulated and shouldn't exist...which by the way, is pretty offensive to those who are Asian.

and I ran into an old manager from few years ago, they swore at me at my new job.

they never promote from within. often they pull employees aside for non work related matters. if you're not one of their favourites, they'll give you clopens (close then open shifts).

if you still want to work there, just be aware they don't care if you're hard working. they don't appreciate enough those who do. and if you expect a raise, sometimes you have to remind them 5 times and maybe they'll give you 15 cents. which is what I got I think. that's about enough to cover half the tax on my 1.69 value burger from mcdonalds.

I regret to have dropped my resume off because the verbal abuse and stalking behaviour of the managers there, is unlawful.

I'm – more... at a better job now and enjoy it very much. I'm glad I quit and am recognized at my new job. – less
horrible workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ON and Aylmer, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: learning experience
A typical day at work at the garden centre would be waiting around for customers with nothing to do most of the time, trying to stay busy by cleaning and organizing, I would get in trouble for leaving my station and then get in trouble for not doing anything because it was rarely busy at my station. My co-workers constantly complained about how under staffed the place always is and how they have a hard time helping customers because they are busy helping other customers or trying to get their work done before the end of the shift. My co-workers have told management this problem but they refuse to hire more people. They told me when I was being hired that It was permanent, full-time position and then fire me when they find out that I'm pregnant before my 3 month probation is over, meanwhile I'm getting all great feedback from everyone telling me Im catching on quickly and doing a great job. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers, because they actually appreciate you unlike the employers. During one summer I worked at the garden centre and had to work every single weekend, all weekend. When I asked if another girl could take my shift so that I could have one day of a weekend off so that I could take my daughter to the zoo, I had to beg for it off because the initial answer was no. Meanwhile, I was a good employee who came in for a shift when my manager forgot to set the schedule for the week, I figured she forgot to put it in the system, so being the good worker that I was, I came in just in case, the one manager said thank you and noticed my good deed, but – more... the manager at the garden centre didn't acknowledge it. Moral of the story. I shop at home hardware now and home depot, and would never work for Canadian Tire again. – less
Welcoming, family-like environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Bradford, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Free lunch when profit goals were met
Cons: Not a lot of time spent with customers
My position was known as a warehouse associate/ filler/ fill crew. During my short time at Canadian tire, I learned how to use the scanning gun in order to maintain the inventory system put in place. Typically I would recieve a list that included shelf locations in the warehouse that had items in which the inventory system had deemed able to fit on the shelves in the main store. I would collect as many of these items as possible and go out to the floor to stock them. Sometimes I would work from the store to the warehouse using the scanner to create my own list from items that were low in stock or out of stock on the shelves of the store. Then I would go to the warehouse and collect all of those items, usually in multiple trips. Management was very helpful and offered me training oppertunities so I could get to know the store better and they also helped me learn how to use the computer systems so I could be of better service to customers. The hardest part of the job was customerservice as that was considered a secondary role for my job title and I had little product knowledge at the beginning. With the help of my coworkers and managers quickly became an easy part of my job. My favourite part of working at Canadian Tire was the praise I recieved for working quickly and efficiently from my manager. I enjoyed checking off my list and comparing the amount of items to the previous days work. This position requires someone who is responsible, self motivated and hardworking as there are many ways the filler will use the inventory system that affects the overall efficiency of the entire – more... store. – less
Productive,
Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Mcmurray, AlbertaAugust 2, 2014
A typical day at Canadian Tire for is quiet simple. I clock in, and I enter the warehouse, I will either help receiving scan the truck, do the receiving paperwork, or scan totes, or even do puralator.
I have learned a lot in the last six years at Canadian Tire, especially in the last three. I have learned how to use the system we have very well and quickly. Throughout the years I have learned to fix cash registers, self checks out, the printers when not printing.
There are time when I think my co-workers are great but there are a few who I believe should not still have a job or even be in management, but I do not believe in diminishing managements decisions, they believe that the promotion is better suited for this person then I need to believe that they are right.
The hardest part of my job is I would say is nothing because working at Canadian Tire is very repetitive it like a routine every day. But what is hard for me is being with a company for over six years and I believe that I have wasted all this time, because this Canadian Tire here in fort mcmurray will not promote someone who is in school, I believe I am being punished for furthering my education in a management field.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with the amazing people at this store, I may not believe in their position or their work ethic, but they are amazing people to work with, they are fun when needed, serious when needed, it can be a great environment to work in.
I just believe that it is time to move on and do something different, I believe that I have gained all the experience I – more... can get from Canadian tire, as well as accomplish all that I can. – less
Good for anyone who only wants minimal part time and minimum wage.
Supervisor/sales clerk (Former Employee), Greenwood, NSNovember 21, 2014
Pros: paid every other week.
Cons: not enough hours to support an individual on the pay received, and no set schedule so having a second job is very difficult.
Be at work 15 minuets before your shift, (seemed to only apply to a few.) Dressed in company compliant uniform, one shirt given out free of charge then the rest have to be paid for except for promotional tee-shirts. No set work schedule, every week is different and schedule was never up before Thursday of the week preceding. Constantly told Customer service is #1 but if more than 3 minuets is spent with a customer you got rep-remanded. Enjoyed working with the staff that was there and enjoyed helping the customers even most of the cranky ones(could usually make them smile) A lot was expected for a minimum wage job as you have to do on-line study courses and at the store I was in ,on your own time with no compensation and no wage increase incentive for completion of a block. They have benefits for those that qualify, paid out of your earnings like most companies, also profit sharing again only if you qualify. Wage difference between regular employees and a supervisor was 30 cents per hour in the store I worked in and quite a bit more was expected from the supervisor. The people who owned the franchise previously to the folks who have it now were very good to work for and gave bonuses for jobs well done and took part in supporting the community not so now. I guess the quality of working at a place such as this depends directly on the quality of the owner, JMHO.

I hope this helps.
fun place to work but need a change.
Store Presentation (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: get to form friendships at work, flexible hours, two week vacation pay during the summer.
Cons: dont get raise every six months, lots of vacation pay during christmas time for managers but not for employees, and cuttting down on customer care and cashiers.
There is no typical day at work. It depends on the season. So for example I will explain what we typically do after Christmas is over. We first pack up all of Christmas product then out it all in our trailer. After that is done we start taking all the labels off shelves. Then we start taking down fixtures from aisles then we get modules that show us what fixtures go on aisles and what products. Lastly, we put all the fixtures up , we put labels up on shelvs then fill the homes with product. I have learned many things to name a few i leanred to work on a team environment , work under pressure and learned to be able to have customer care skills. Management is great, my boss is very flexible with my hours and that if I cant work on a certain day as long as I make up the hours she is fine. Only problem is Management is starting to understaff Customer Care which means other departments have to help customers , taking away from our work. Co workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Everyone is a big happy family joking with eachother during break and lunch. Hardest part of the job is heavy lifting and juggling between helping custumers and doing my job. Most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with putting deal signs up and able to help cutomers.
Typical day at Canadian Tire Corp
FRONT END SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2012
Pros: the pro would be working a 9:00-5:00pm day
Cons: working a 13 1/2 hour shift
Currently working in a fast past, diverse cultural Retail Establishment; for 4 1/2 years. In a typical work 9 1/2 hour shift, i would start off by creating a break list, communicate what our Promotion is for the week during a morning Huddle, assigned job duties or at times projects. Order office supplies, following up with cashiers over and shortages and holding those associate accountable for shortages/overs. Processing delivery of coin orders from Brinks Canada. Merchandise returns, re-enforcing Returning Policy, to our Associates, if there's any issue with the Register, i would try to fix or otherwise, place a call to Retail Style to get a Tech out to the Store. The management team overall is easily supportive. I am a very outgoing individual person, love to interact with people of all walks of life, so in turns; the staff are friendly and approachable, and from time to time, we have work gathering; where we get to know each other more. The hardest part of the job, is dealing with difficult Customers, who in turn may get violent or uses abusive wording towards an employee to get what they want, So, therefore my most enjoyable part of my work day, is seeing my regular client who would pass through my work day, just to stop and say hello, and most importantly going the extra miles to help a Client fine what they are looking for. Seeing the smile on there face is what brings enlightenment of a enjoyable day on the job.
Amazing Staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: discount on items.
Cons: no room for advancement.
I enjoyed the job, but only worked there for a few months because it seemed to show no opportunity for advancement.

A Typical Day:
-Helping customers on the phone and in person to find products
-Answering phones
-Cutting keys
-Ringing in purchases
-Locating products
-Dealing with people in the warehouse
-Cashing out

What I Learned:
-How to properly deal with/ count cash
-How to be service friendly
-How to work as a team
-How to handle returns

Management:
I enjoyed my direct management, we had a great relationship. However, the highest up management was not so great and I dealt with some demeaning comments and sexual references. I reported these and received a direct apology.

My Co-Workers:
I loved every single one of them. Everyone knows how to work as a team and how to have fun. I was always smiling or laughing (as were the customers) when I was able to work with my co-workers. They were also always quick and efficient.

Hardest Part of the Job:
Lifting heavy products. This didn't happen often, but sometimes people would return a BBQ or treadmill or breaks and it would be heavy to lift either onto the counter, or to help store back into the warehouse.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
The people. I loved the customers and my co-workers. I always looked forward to a day at work, unfortunately the pay became an issue. (It was an expected pay, but I was hoping for an opportunity for advancement, and it didn't seem to show).
Good place to work, but limited by its advancement opportunity.
RETAIL / SALES / CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Burlington, ONApril 13, 2013
Pros: high intensity work environment, social aspects, flexibility of the employer, and overall fun factor.
Cons: limited advancement, no pay raises, pay is not competitive with other retailers (really low), and low staffing assistance for when things get heated, no benefits and sign out required for lunch breaks.
A typical day at work encompasses every duty you will need to success in a retail or sales environment. There is a large amount of customer interaction, merchandising, and other duties that will make you proficient in other stores.

I learned how to be proficient in customer service, every retail duty imaginable, interaction with management, warehouse and inter-departmental experience, and many other essential job skills.

Management was strict and expected a lot of their employees, but also flexible to taking time off and understanding of outside obligations. Bottom line is when you work you work HARD, but you can take time off whenever you wish. Understaffing was a bit of a problem however (never seemed to be enough help in the store for when it gets busy).

The hardest part of the job is the sheer amount of work you have to do. You need a lot of energy and be able to be sociable and polite to customers at all times.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the amount of activities: work days literally flew by and before I knew it, my summer was done and I was back at school.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Strathmore, ABApril 14, 2014
Pros: social events and special lunches for birthdays
Cons: little staff in each department
A typical day at work would consist of stocking product, helping customers both those in the store and those on the phone. We would have to do stock adjustments for product we could not find in order to get new stuff ordered so customers could buy the product. Every week on Thursdays we would get sale labels for the products that were going to be on sale for the next week, so we would take down the old sale labels and put up the new ones.

What i learned about was customer service and merchandising because I worked in the sporting good department and would have to do seasonal change over, from winter to summer sports. I learned how rewarding delivering customer service can be to people and how important it is in increasing sales and also in loss prevention.

The management was helpful to some extent in the training process and task management duties and checking on the staff.
My co-workers on the other hand were helpful and hardworking. If anyone needed help with something we were all willing to pitch in and help one another.

The hardest part was probably merchandising because if something got discontinued you would have to re-organize the other product to take up the now empty space.

Most enjoyable part was helping people and seeing them appreciate the hard work you're doing for them.
Productive work environment with good co-workers, but below-average management.
Sporting Goods Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Free lunches.
Cons: Occasional poor attitude from management.
A typical day at work included stocking shelves with product, assisting customers and co-workers, as well as maintaining a clean and tidy store.

I learned a lot from Canadian Tire, including how to handle difficult situations with customers and/or co-workers, and it helped develop my confidence when interacting with others.

Management at Canadian Tire was below average, to say the least. Most of management were nice people with a great understanding of the employees, but there were also managers who were unapproachable and abrasive. This resulted in many days where I'd interact with disgruntled co-workers.

My co-workers were great. I worked alongside professional, courteous, and caring people. The only exception I have is that because of the way management treated employees, many employees would become easily irritable or upset, making it difficult to even interact with them.

The hardest part of my job were the difficult customers. A customer would treat me or another employee with a great amount of disrespect, simply because they were in a bad mood or they weren't nice. Mind you, this wasn't the same experience with every customer, but this happened quite often.

The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers.
10+ years of experience as Business Analyst and over 20 years of experience in business analysis, deployment and web development, developing business
Sr. Business System Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2015
• Involved into various business operations:
• Conducted or participated in feasibility analysis, Project scoping and provided Project work estimates;
• Worked closely with project Stakeholders, SMEs, and staff to understand requirements and specifications for new application along with re-engineering the existing applications;
• Collaborated closely with global technical, legal, sales, and other teams to uncover requirements then to document those requirements so they may be developed into a useful, useable system;
• Responsible for JAD session facilitation. Gathered, synthesized and prioritized requirements using Interviews, Document analysis, Requirements Workshop, Site visits, and Surveys;
• Developed and managed requirements artifacts: Requirements Specifications, Business Process (BPMN), Process Modeling, Conceptual/Logical Data Modeling, Activity/Use Cases/ Savvion diagrams; Business Rules and Functional/Non-functional Requirements, UI Mock-ups etc.
• Documented detailed analysis of E2E business processes, Functional/Technical design Requirement, Workflow mapping, Data modeling, etc. for multi-platform, multi-tier and multi-client/partner environments
Co-workers are amazing, advancement and raises are not.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJune 28, 2013
Pros: make good friends, lots of experience
Cons: working under pressure constantly, lots of nights and weekend hours
Typically I handle the returns and exchanges behind the customer service desk. I organize all the cashier and other customer service breaks, making sure they happen on time. I make sure the cashes are clean and organized, as well as the customer service desk. I help out the other departments with facing and occasionally merchandising and labeling.
Working at customer service I have learned how to stay calm and problem solve under pressure. I have learned how to handle all types of customers to ensure they have the best possible experience.
My customer service manager is one of the reasons I have worked at CT so long. She is friendly, supportive, and a wonderful manager. The general manager is a hard working individual, he always puts pressure on us to make sure we are preforming at 100 percent. My co-workers are fun, helpful, and extremely productive.
The hardest part of my job is trying to prove that I deserve a raise. Another hard thing is remaining professional while difficult customers yell and insult me. The most enjoyable part is calming those customers down and coming to a peaceful resolution where they leave with an enjoyable experience and want to come back.
Headquarters