Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ON21 October 2017
Great place to work. the management was always good to me and there is a positive work environment. I enjoyed my time working at canadian tire and think it is a good place to work.
Fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 October 2017
Fast pace for being a cashier. Can be fun at time. Serve customers, make sure your area is clean at all times. Stock shelves in front of cash register!
Pros
Fun place
Cons
To busy at times
comfartale place to work
Check Attachment Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
I only worked there for a short period of time, I can't really say much, very corporate, opportunity for advancement, good management team, very helpful collegues
Great people, boring job
Retail worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock ON19 October 2017
A few good managers, safe, friendly, comfortable environment. Down to earth people and great holiday dinners and desserts. Managers will bend over backwards to give employees what they need.
Pros
Super flexible, down to earth staff, welcoming to everyone
Cons
Very repeatative work
Pleasant place to work with good management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2017
A typical day at work includes serving clients, answering questions, locating items etc... as well as placing stock, checking inventory and keeping the store clean and organized.
I learned much about tools and hardware, paint, gardening, and home wares. How to dismantle and set up store shelves, displays, aisles, etc..
Management is very understanding, concerned with the individual employee and understanding. Staff is friendly and welcoming.
Pros
friendly work environment, not a very stressful job
Cons
slightly disorganized inventory, sometimes not enough employees to keep up with client demands
Overall Canadian Tire had great staff, and taught me valuable costumer service skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2017
I enjoyed working at Canadian Tire, my hours were consistent and the work environment was encouraging. Other employees were kind and helped me build my skills.
Real good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB17 October 2017
I loved working there, i was treated as a person and not just a grunt, they made sure my hours did not interfere with high school and education and afterwords they gave me as many hours as i needed or wanted, it was a fun but professional environment where i learned many of my customer skills.
Pros
Hour long lunches, fun work place
Cons
only part time
Nice staff
Team Lead (New store set-up) (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC16 October 2017
Hard to get a full picture as I was only there for the store set up. The staff that I interacted with was nice, professional and everyone pitched in to help.
Canadian tire
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB16 October 2017
Injoy working in clean nice areas and that's what Canadian tire store had. Injoy working with other people around the store great and easy to get along well with
co op postion
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2017
come in and check the back for stuff that needed to be stocked in the aisles

I learned how to provide customer service

management was friendly

hardest part was working and not getting paid

enjoyable part was the work was straight forward
Pros
socializing
Cons
no pay
Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK16 October 2017
I definitely learned a lot working at Canadian tire. I enjoyed the staff and everything I got to do there. I learned alot about paint lol. I enjoyed working with customers.
Job security and hour cuts
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 October 2017
The branch I work at consistently cuts my hours from a promised 32-40 to 23-29 without warning.
Management issues, they don't talk amongst themselves a lot, do stuff behind each others backs.
Warehouse/receiving a complete hazard cluttered with too much stock because of over ordering and poor hour management done by the schedule manager.
Pros
Not closing every night
Cons
Hours cut, unhelpful management, promises not kept
Enjoy customer interactions
Cashier & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB14 October 2017
Learned how to mix paint,sell hardware product.Also learned labeling price changes.Did some merchandising,cleaned and faced shelves. Also ran customer service and tills.
Pros
Liked helping customers
Cons
I Moved
Negative environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 October 2017
The management didn't care about having things like merchandising done correctly or cleanliness. They just focused on having this appear correct on the surface for corporate.

The store I worked for was very understaffed so everyone got very long hours and jobs that required a team were often done by one person.

Some managers were nice. Some managers just wanted you do to do their work and then take credit for it.

Bad place for students to work during the school year. They expect you to focus more on Canadian Tire then your schoolwork because they demand you to do 30 hours in addition to going to school full time.

The workplace culture is negative. Everyone hates their job and the people who work there hang out in little cliques. Lots of nepotism. Workplace politics are rampant. Occasional co-worker backstabbing.

Working there has given me good retail experience but working there was extremely negative for me emotionally.
Pros
Some managers and co-workers are nice
Cons
long hours, understaffed, nepotism, cliques
Not an enjoyable work experience.
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 October 2017
Poor training and management. Was not an enjoyable work experience. Store was under staffed and put extra stress on the employees. Long hours and often had to fight for pay.
Pros
Freidnly Co-Workers
Cons
Poor management
Great place to work with extremely nice staff
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL13 October 2017
I absolutely loved my job at Canadian tire in St Johns. It was a great place to work, nothing was too hard but it also was busy enough to not drag the day out. The staff were amazing to work alongside, and the management were great, they'd help with any issues you had if you were new or didn't know something
Pros
Free lunches, holiday free snacks, etc.
Cons
Low staffed in some areas
it was very fullfilling
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 October 2017
i really had a wonderful boss and the owner was a very nice person to work for .the enviroment was great we were always busy and hardly ever complication ever arose.
Pros
free pizza nights once a month and we had great christmas parties
Cons
when you worked in the area and had to do heavy lifting
Great Canadian company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
Great place to start your career as many of their processes are well established so training is in depth. A lot of young hires right out of university so it's a great place to start networking and building peer relationships.
Pros
Key location at Yonge and Eglinton, Young workforce
Cons
Average pay
Great management team
Fixture Administrative Coordinator, Store Design (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON11 October 2017
I worked at a head office location called "retail city" where merchandise was set up prior to being available in stores. It was an interesting and creative envirornment
Canadian Tire
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON11 October 2017
Job position on the back room breaking for only the down the boxes Taking out the garbage and returning the carts inside the store and sweeping the floor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.