Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
problem solving
Auto Service Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
A typical day at work is customer and technician usually..problem solving and improvising ……..team work is the easiest way of completing tasks and with that it is very fun solving big problems as a team ...
great enviroment to work
shipping and receiving (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMay 18, 2016
enjoyed working here only left because was far driving distance from home.
they treated the employees well and great schedule
Great work experience
Store Audit Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 18, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Little to no benefits
Store setup and preparation for owner hand over is a tedious project. Change of management excites some staff and to others is dreaded.
great place to work
General labourer (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONMay 17, 2016
Pros: work at own pace.
Cons: none
always fun and interesting. great people to work with and willing to help always. everyone gets to work at a good pace and learn about the store and how it's run.
All in all a good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABMay 17, 2016
Pros: Scheduled breaks
Cons: Not enough time to sit down
Despite the somewhat irritated customers my time at Canadian Tire was worth the experience. It allowed me to better my interpersonal skills.
Productive and fast paced enviroment
Laborer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 17, 2016
days started at 5 am and went to 3 pm, management and coworkers were understanding and helpful. two breaks were given which you were not allowed to leave the premise forcing you to either bring a lunch or buy from their cafe.
working at canadian tire
Retail Clerk (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSMay 17, 2016
Worked with the public,I learned how to do cash stock shelves, management was good,my co-workers were easy to get along with,I never had a hard part of the job I liked meting new people.
great fun workplace nor room for advancement
Prep cook / grill cook (Current Employee), by town grillMay 17, 2016
Pros: you get one free meal a shift and you get to hang out with some cool people
Cons: traffic, no raise
working at the canadian tire centre is a great place to work its fun, you work with nice people but they have no room for moving up in the system ive been there for 3 years now and i have not recieved any sort of salary buff or anything like that i have been doing the same work for the 3 years looking for more out of them
productive and team building
Ware house staff (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMay 17, 2016
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: split shifts
I had a very productive work environment. I learned skills in customer service and workplace interpersonal skills.
I perfected my time management skills during my time there.
I enjoyed the comaraderie of the team environment. I hope to further hone these skills with future employment.
Great employees
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 16, 2016
Pros: co-workers
Cons: Not enough hours
Typical day at work is being a cashier and also dealing with people at customer service returning items.
I learned great customer service, dealing with the public all day and making customers satisfy about there experience.
The management is not the best since i started at canadian tire i have had 5 different cash managers.
My co-workers are great people and their presence makes you want to be at work.
The hardest part of my job is requesting hours, when your not in school you need money to live life and management has a hard time giving people more hours compared to people who are in school and getting more hours.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being around people who understand you.
Not a great place to work
vehicle service tech (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 15, 2016
Repair and maintain all type of vehicles. The sense of accomplishment was great when things went well. unfortunately, the more honest of a mechanic you are,at a place like this, the less you make, on the average.
Fun, hard-working business
Salesclerk (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 14, 2016
Pros: Respectful staff, entertaining environment, fascinating products
Cons: Energy consuming, constant multi-tasking.
Managing stock, sharpening skates during the winter months, providing information to the customer about the items in the locked cabinets, product labeling and identifying, inventory search and product display. Learned about how to find where the product is in storage via PKU/SKU codes, learned how to sharpen skates. Management was respectful and proactive with our understanding and the customer's understanding of the products in our department. Co-workers were inviting and respectful whilst working. Hardest part of the day was working with (sometimes) irate customers. Most enjoyable part was showing a customer a product that they don't know and explaining to them what the product does and how it can help them.
work load is realy high
Capacity planning (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2016
I really like the culture, how ever the work load is high some times I had to work til late after work at home. Average salary rate, good benefits like discounts.
Don't work for kingston and st clair
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee), Toronto, ON.May 12, 2016
Pros: Its Canadian Tire
Cons: The Store Manager or Owner is a big "D"
The store manager is A@#$ doesn't like people or he has problem with color people majority of people are white. The place look geto small location and area is small service. Worst place ever never ever work Azil the owner or store manager. The store manager has serious attitude problem.
A very productive job with great communication
seasonal sales associate (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 12, 2016
Pros: Two 15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch
Cons: Can get very stressful with a lot of customers
I enjoyed my days of work at Canadian Tire and always made sure to show up on time or even earlier. I am very flexible with my time and I got work done efficiently. I learned a lot about the products I dealt with for example "top soil" and "black earth". The management was very approachable and typically friendly to both customers and employees alike. There were many employees working at once to get jobs done before closing. People would alternate from working and going on break when they needed to. The hardest part of the job was a lot of the tedious heavy lifting of patio blocks but I got used to them over time. The most enjoyable part of the job is how welcome I felt to be there, most people enjoyed what they were doing and everyone worked hard.
transition job
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee), Casselman, ONMay 11, 2016
it was a transitional job. i wanted to get out of call centre work so i picked up a job turning wrenches for a few years until i found a more interesting and lucrative opportunity.
Not what i expected
IT Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
Lab seemed very disorganized. boxes everywhere unused systems laying around.

Just to find free power or network drop i had to re-organize all the cables. there were many not plugged into any thing.

They relied on co-op students doing production work which seemed odd to me.

Processes were not consistent.
Overview
Customer Service Seasonal Department (Current Employee), Sudbury, ONMay 10, 2016
On a typical day I will help customers and put away stock on the store floor and then the overstock in the warehouse also clean and face up the product to look nice !
Productive and fun workplace
Service Advisor (Current Employee), London, ONMay 10, 2016
both the customers and employees of the automotive section are mostly friendly and enjoy a little friendly conversation.
A great part time job
Auto Parts Clerk (Current Employee), Rothesay, NBMay 10, 2016
Pros: paid breaks
With working for the owners of Canadian tire for a little under a year, I am very pleased with how the staff is treated and how productive the team works to meet daily goals.
Headquarters