Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,525 reviews matching the search
fun works place
Casher, Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 June 2017
the management team is amazing there are completely understanding and working in customer service there are very helpful if you start to have any problem with a customer.
Pros
more then 30 hours a week
Cons
low wages
great
seasonal  Associate/ Carts (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
it was a fun place to work. I learned a new thing everyday. it was a great place to work. I learned how to push multiple carts and how to use a scan gun
Mon Gérent
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC27 June 2017
Travail d'équipe, bons avantages sociaux. Mauvaise communication entre les gérants. Très bonne compréhension en ce qui consiste les accommodements pour la famille.
Pros
Avantage sociaux
Cons
Caissières partent travailler sur le plancher ne reviennent pas lorqu'on les appel, mon supérieur immédiat ne me traitait pas professionnelement.
fun workplace a lot to learn
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 June 2017
learned a lot of new things.
A typical day at work would be to come in change into work attire take out till and go to the cash register and or customer care area. The workplace is very fun staff is amazing very helpful.
Great profit sharing
Automotive Service Technician - Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
I worked as an automotive apprentice in one of the retail stores, and I felt that there was no room for advancement, therefore was force into putting in my resignation.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Unsteady hours
horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB27 June 2017
this job was very physically demanding the customers can be very rude and the owner of the store did not know how to run a business he was rude and didn't treat everybody with the same repsect
The best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windermere, AB26 June 2017
Very nice workplace. People are friendly around and really works well together. Communication is great. Positive surroundings throughout the store and helping each other out.
Pros
10% discount on any product
Cons
Dead hours
Poor Training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 June 2017
Canadian Tire is not a terrible place to work. It's full of nice people and decent customers. The management is nice. Although the reason I personally left was health issues and the lack of training I was given.
Pros
Lovely People
Cons
Little Training
Hard work for not quite enough money
Seasonal/warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2017
I worked here for almost 2 years and the management wasnt very good and they expect you to work extremely hard for not enough money. as well its hard to advance in the company
il n y as plus de famille entre les employers
logistique et commis (Current Employee) –  Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, QC26 June 2017
si je veut quitter cette emploie c est que l atmosphere n est plus la meme
Pros
certain repas gratuit par le patron
Cons
manque de communication
busy, entertaining
Baby sitting (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 June 2017
very good place to work, people are excellent. always found ways to stay busy. never a dull moment being an employee at Canadian tire. management treats everyone the same in a good way.
Pros
birthday cake for every month
Cons
never anything bad
Nice employees and reasonable managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON26 June 2017
Great place to work at but the custermers are very rude and take their terrible moods out on you. Managers take advantage of you if you're too nice and willing to do anything.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
They would take your breaks away if they wanted.
C'est bien pour un debut de carrier
commit d'entrepot (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC26 June 2017
Le canadien tire est un bon premier emploie a vie pour les étudiant
Pros
resto proche
Cons
trop de demandes
Benefits package is one of the few redeeming qualities of work here.
Floor Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta26 June 2017
The standard day is full of being overworked with little to no gratitude from about 70% of customers, and near all management. You are treated as cattle meant to move product onto the shelves, and nothing more. A large portion of the management team appears incompetent, often making decisions that do not make sense in the grand scheme of daily operations, and sometimes that will actively hinder someones attempts at working efficiently for their assigned department. While there are a few members of the management team who genuinely listen to and try to help the minimum wage slaves working the floor, they often go ignored. The management meetings that occur occasionally will end in agreement to start operation in a certain way, however no action or plan is ever put into place or followed.

However, if you can get past the lackluster management you will find that a sizable portion of the floor staff are enjoyable people who will help you find a break in the general monotony of the day-to-day work life here. Despite what rumors I have heard before about other workers ready to report you to any manager for the slightest infraction, I have experienced no such thing and can find at least a few friendly faces in each department.

If you really desire to work here for any reason, simply walk in and fill out the application and turn in a resume. If you don't receive a call back within a month, repeat this process. Once you get an interview, show that you have more than half a brain cell and you're almost guaranteed to get hired. They will hire literally anybody who walks in through
  more... the door at the right time, and with the turnover rate the way it is, almost any time is the right time.  less
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Retail, lackluster management, unforgiving work environment
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON25 June 2017
The company has great team work and very good supportive training system. It is a wonderful company with good ethic practices. I enjoy working at CT.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
low salary
Happy balance
Hardware associate (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON24 June 2017
The work here wasn't too difficult and co-workers were generally nice. Management was open, honest and friendly but if needed would be rather stern and direct, as expected. If transportation wasn't an issue, then I would consider working there again.
Pros
Balanced work
Cons
Non-competitive pay
Good, friendly environment
Automotive Parts (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 June 2017
A typical day at work would revolve around the desk and stocking the aisle. Key times of the day you would need to be near the desk to help customers where-as other times it's best to be out in the aisles dealing with customers and only going back when called upon. I learned how to be more organized and also how to deal with paperwork, which will help in most jobs.
Good
Hardware Associate (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC22 June 2017
I love my job but unfortunately the pay is not right for my family. For me to drive 40 minutes every day to work for a very low pay it's just not working for me. Other then that the job is fantastic and the staff is great :)
Pros
Great staff, discounts
Cons
Pay isn't working for me
Overrated company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 June 2017
Not the best place to start your career. Management need to be restructured and appreciate staff hardwork, eliminate preferences and grant role to who really would do the job efficiently.
terrible
Apprentice, janitorial, some welding (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON20 June 2017
it was a terrible place to work no one knew how to schedule and pay was too low for job being done . got fired from here for taking my scheduled vacation 2 weeks before i got my benefits .
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.