Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 1,914 reviews matching the search
productive and managed to make a satisfactory sales during this limited period as seasonal products offers at Canadian tire
Vendeur saisonier (Former Employee) –  Laval (53)18 November 2016
busy workplace, good training but intensive, challenging job where since sales is involved. receiving customers as soon as they enter the the shopping store and offer my services and assistance according to their choices to winter tires.
Pros
have two rest times for 15 minutes and one hour for lunch.
Cons
partial time working hours 8-5 hours / 3-4 times weekly
Good Temporary Job
Pro-Active Team (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON19 October 2016
The job is rather straight forward, although I find some management and staff have low demeanor which sucks to be around. Start at minimum with opportunities to advance, including profit sharing. But have to hang around for too long to make any real money. The job security is definitely there, that goes without saying if you are a good employee they will keep you around, Would recommend for high school or college students as a part time job, unless you really enjoy retail.
Pros
Advancement/benefit opportunities
Cons
Low Staff Demeanor
Challenging, fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Wasaga, ON28 October 2016
So many different things you can learn to keep your mind active, some days jobs can be monotonous, mostly something different to do every day. If you enjoy people, helping customers will make your day
Pros
great customers, fast paced (usually), a self-starters (motivated) dream as there are always so many things needing to be done
Cons
a bad customer can ruin your day, tight budget = not always enough hours = unpredictable paychecks
Summary of Work at Canadian Tire
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 November 2016
A typical day at work is fairly busy. Some of the things I learned were good customer service experience, stocking shelves, maintaining a positive attitude. Management was very reasonable. My co-workers were very helpful and nice to be around. The hardest part of my job is when I have to lift anything from the trailers outside.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers.
fun to work as cashier/customer service to deal with customer
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB18 October 2016
I started as a full time cahier and then doing also customer service, I like being at front for the customers to deal with their concern and it is always appreciated with their smile. I enjoy working with my co-workers

But then when the economy slow down, early of this year I was laid off for 2 months, when I came back put me in 10 hours a week, I felt so sad with that hours I got.
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 November 2016
I learned a lot about wholesale and retail and also communicating with customers about products. Co workers were helpful at times. I enjoyed helping customers with their shopping but the hardest part of the job for me was doing stock for the first 2 weeks because of a renovation I didn't know where most products where.
Cons
low pay
Past Employee
Office Accounting (Former Employee) –  Canadian Tire Store 299 Calgary, AB5 October 2016
The office position was great for 3 years with team spirit and management being supportive and envolved. The last year that I was employed there was very different, but this is probably because of management change as well as policy and procedure changes. I learned a lot during my time there mostly from the career employees who cared about the store and were very involved with assisting new employees. Good Luck to all envolved in the new administration and hopefully all goes well for both employees and management.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
The managements pressure to accomplish tasks within an unrealistic time period.
Great Entry Level Job
Housewares Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, ON24 November 2016
A very simple career to manage after probation. Does not require too many tasks, and as long as you have the required skills to perform a job at Canadian Tire well, as far as I am aware, having worked at one of their locations for a year, there is little to no trouble at all.
Pros
Good breaks, decent shifts, and very approachable staff
Cons
You may sometimes have to deal with many more customers than expected
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2016
Stocking shelves, hole count lists, putting labels and cleaning up. The job thought me the value of a dollar. Management was poor,took advantage of workers. Many Co-workers were good people who worked hard and easy to work with. Keeping up with multiple tasks from different management was hard, the most enjoyable part of working there were the people you meet.
Pros
Planed events
Cons
Some Management wasn't useful
Friendly workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 October 2016
I learned that being friendly and open can impact the people around you a lot compared to never really smiling. Not smiling makes you seem unapproachable, which you tend to not want at a workplace dealing with customers. I find it is very important to get along with coworkers not only because you work together for however long but also because you may end up needing to ask each other for help so it's nice to have someone approachable when needing help. The hardest part of the job for me would usually be standing in one spot for long periods of time without walking around. The most enjoyable part of the job tends to be interacting with customers and being able to help them with their needs.
Pros
socializing with people around you
Cons
Enjoyable workplace and environment for a part-time job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC27 October 2016
Every employee that I got to know had something special about them. My manager knew how to pick the right people to make the workplace a good environment. I learned how how to persevere and do tasks no matter how much I disliked doing it. I enjoyed going to work mostly for the people.
Pros
Free stuff on occasion in lunch room
Cons
hours weren't always flexible for school
a nice place to gain great experiences
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC24 September 2016
working over there was alright my job was to make the others job easier they would need something i would get it for them if it was possible. most of my co-workers were nice with me and enjoyed working with me because we could have a little fun still being able to work properly the hardest part of the job when you had 2 to 3 department ask you for 2 or 3 items i would have a list and would be running everywhere to try an get the items as fast as possible oh the best part of my job was at the end of the day when i get a (good job today Nathan) that made me feel like i did what i had to do
Pros
flexibles on scheduels an days off
Cons
expecting a job for 4 to be done by 1
Canadian Tire Review
Garden Centre Employee (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON4 December 2016
My brief time at Canadian Tire was exhausting. Every day I would be tasked with a daunting requirement such as lugging soil rolls into a dumpster, or carrying heavy bags of soil to a customer's trunk. What I did learn however is the toughness of jobs out there, and the things they can expect. It prepared me for the world and the tough tasks that are ahead.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Heavy labour
Productive but natural problems
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Canadian Tire for a first working experience is great because the teach you the wrongs and rights in a workplace and you learn the courage to stand up for wrong in a workplace and hope you don't get condemned for it. They have many faults that can be changed but it overall was eye opening experience. I gained insightful knowledge about the workforce and gained friends from it also.
Pros
Great Flexiblity
Cons
Long hours, Bad Pay
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
I learned a lot of thing in this job like handling customers to give a good service for them. it is good to work here meeting nice people and being friendly with my co-workers. The hardest part of the work is lifting heavy things for some customers but the most enjoyable part of the job is they appreciate your hard work.
Pros
nice people to meet and talk with
Cons
low salary
Astonishingly Shameful Management
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC12 September 2016
I spent about 3 weeks of my life wasting away working for the imbeciles that manage the Port Coquitlam location. The management staff are some of the most annoying , uneducated stuck up , grumpy , old and revolting people ever !

This .... FILTH of management should all be sifted through and replaced .
They do not understand how to train employees as every staff member despised many of them. Nor do they follow their own company rules.

I would have rather spent my days spent in a cesspit than having to deal with the baffoons that work in said store .
Pros
Lowest staff members were cool
Cons
Management is revolting
Fun place to work, great team of people, productive and educational
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2016
A busy day at work was always guaranteed, I learned to deal with customers well and give people an easier shopping experience. The management was excellent and my co-workers were helpful, friendly and hard-working. The hardest part of the job was when the store was packed full of customers so it would be difficult to tend to every single person who needed help. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of being able to help a customer and seeing them walk away happy with the intended product and possibly more.
Pros
Flexible break times, free staff lunch or breakfast roughly once a month
Cons
Very little regard given to staff commitment or development
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 December 2016
CDN Tire is a franchise operation which results in frequent management/owner changes. Unfortunately it can be difficult adjusting to these changes. It appears that the trend is to hire part time students at minimum wage without benefits.
Pros
Vehicle service discounts
Cons
No salary increases. normal to go 2-3 years or longer without
Productive Environment
Housewares Executive (Former Employee) –  Fenelon Falls, ON5 September 2016
Working at Canadian Tire, is very hard work. Being a Housewares Associate, I worked with two other woman restocking, and organizing shelving, as well as helping costumers.

I learned how to use the computer system effectively and quickly, while helping a customer find the item they described and wanted. I learned out to properly organize shelves and back room storage.

The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting. Sometimes boxes were hard to manage, and you would have to get another co-worker to help with lifting heavier items, when they were not busy.
Pros
Effective Teamwork
Cons
Repetitive long hours
Good starting point for anyone looking for a job
Receiver/Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB14 September 2016
Canadian tire was good, I enjoyed learning new things for my job. Such tips to speed on processing trucks, or new items that make everyone life easier. The staff is friendly and willing to help out if needed. Hardest part of my job would be processing huge trucks by myself when others were busy with customers.
Pros
Friendly staff, good vibe, fun workplace
Cons
Exhusting work.

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location