Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Busy and productive workplace
Sports Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 30, 2016
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Not enough hours
A good place to work at during school. Learned a lot about the sports departments and products within sports. Coworkers were amazing people, all kind. The hardest part of the job would have to be the consistent demands of the customers. The most enjoyable part is that it was a laid back type of environment.
Fun working environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 29, 2016
most of the other employees are easy to get along with. Management is always willing to help when needed. Canadian Tire has a good working atmosphere.
Interesting place to work
Lead Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: Discounts on products
Cons: They colsed down and relocated
Stressful, is a typical day at work
How to be helpful to customers,
Very knowledgeable.
helpful and courteous.
Getting to know all that the store has to offer in products
Team work
Comfortable work environment
Housewares Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bolton, ONApril 28, 2016
Working for Canadian Tire was a rewarding experience. You gain experience working as a team member and a large amount of customer service experience. The company is very professional and holds the customer as the most important factor of all.
Regret applying for this job
Shop labourer (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 27, 2016
Pros: Learned basic things about cars
Cons: Poor training, management doesn't really care
I didn't like the job overall because of the lack of training that they provided. I always felt pressure to be able to know everything with very minimal training. I couldn't give customers any feedback on products or assist them in finding a product because of the lack of training that was provided.
A good learning environment that should be viewed as such and not a permanent employment
Service Installer (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: Lunch hour (un-paid), good hours, lots to learn.
Cons: No advancement, distant management.
The hours were well varied giving you a good amount of free time. The position offers you a good opportunity to learn about the automotive industry with friendly coworkers. The relationship with management is a little lacking for service installers, but the void is filled by the mechanics who are helpful and friendly. Advancement requires education so unless you get offered an apprenticeship position, your pay and your position will not change. At the end of the day it is what you sign up for, a minimum wage part time job that should be seen as a learning opportunity to progress you on your path to the career you desire.
Productive and fun
Promo Manager (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 26, 2016
Pros: Very flexible
Cons: 3 am start
I completely enjoyed working for Canadian Tire and would recommend to anyone. Always something to do makes days go quickly. Always looked forward to the next days working adventures.
Productive and very friendly co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABApril 25, 2016
Pros: Friendly people
Cons: If the store was slow, there was nothing to do.
A typical day at work for a cashier at Canadian Tire stands at the front of the tills and offers to help customers if in need. Cashiers also clean, do returns, and refill the toilet paper in the washrooms. I learned valuable customer service skills and social skills as well. I've also learned how to manage and count a till. The management was very good. Friendly co-workers made it easier to pass the day. The hardest part about being a cashier was trying to help and explain situations to angry customers. But the most enjoyable part of my job was becoming friends with my co-workers.
grest place to start
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: managment and staff
Cons: dificult customers
I have been with Canadian tire for 4 years it is a great place to gain experience
a typical day includes doing stock, helping customers, and cleaning up at the end of the night(facing)
management is awesome very caring and will always be there to help
the staff are like a family they care about each other
Nice workplace
General Labour (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 24, 2016
Pros: brakes
Cons: no
It is easy job
Get to know about Rf scanner
salary was good
good people
nice atmosphere
The work hours was good
Fast paced work
Distribute
Not a bad place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Goderich, ONApril 23, 2016
Pros: felexible hours
Cons: stressful environment
I didn't work here long because the manager did not understand my anxiety issues. It was a stressful environment but the work was not too hard. I liked working with customers. I was responsible for customer service, cashiering, selling OLG & tobacco products, and filling propane tanks.
Fun workplace where you meet lots of new people.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: meeting people, learning customer service
Cons: not many hours, the odd confrontational customer
Working in the seasonal section at Canadian Tire was a good experience for the most part. The work was rather basic: keep your section tidy and help the customers find anything that they're looking for. Aside from the occasional hasty customer, there was not too much wrong with the store... Until we got a new manager who did not have a clue how to handle us, that's when things went slightly awry, and is about the time that I left the company.
Not a great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 22, 2016
Cons: Lied too
I only worked at Canadian Tire for a short time. At first everything was great. The people were nice and I enjoyed working but when the winter came the store manager started letting people go for no reason. They stopped giving me hours totally out of the blue. I never did anything wrong and when I asked if I would be getting an hours again my manager lied to me saying that I would be getting shifts again at the beginning of April. I found out from one of my co-workers that since I was unable to work full-time due to the fact that I am still in school that they just stopped giving me hours in hopes that I would quit. I am not currently working there
no longer around
Auto Parts Sales (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 22, 2016
Pros: none
sorry this company is no longer around was a great shipyard but of years ago our no longer here now in their place is Victoria ship
Fun
Hardware Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2016
I really enjoyed it at Canadian tire, the staff is amazing. Everyone is very nice and helpful. it feels like one big family there. I really suggest working their.
Productive, Enjoyable Environment
Housewares Department Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 21, 2016
Pros: Fun staff to work with
Cons: Lack of hired full time employees per department
Great Supervisors.

Fun and easy to work with co-workers.

Took the time to properly train me.

Great pay and hours.

Very incredibly positive.

Believed in me and my own ablilities
Not ideal for my perspective.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 21, 2016
The work itself is not bad but I dislike the management and how the managers treat other employees. They do have favoritism.. I feel like I got treated unfairly.
Fun and productive work enviroment
Gas Bar Attendant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 20, 2016
We would always have fun at work everyone was very supportive and were always there to help when needed.

The manager and supervisor are very understanding
Canadian Tire Environment
CASHIER (Former Employee), Canadian Tire North Lethbridge, ABApril 20, 2016
Pros: Everything else
Cons: Head Cashier/ General Manager
In the Canadian Tire family there are a lot of good fun people to be around, (co-workers) but then there is the management. The management here is terrible, they are awful people who only care about them selves and want to make everyone else's time here miserable. the typical day at work was not bad, everything goes smoothly when certain managers aren't in at the same time. I learned to be patient with customers and also co-workers. the hardest part of my job is trying to keep the managers (head Cashier and general manager) happy, to me there seems like your always doing something wrong or not enough. the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and co-workers.
How I felt about Canadian Tire
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), London, ONApril 19, 2016
Pros: I didn't like the pay.
Cons: the pay however paid for my university education and kept me out of debt
It was a nice job at the start but Management is what I would say was the tough part of the job. They would come down on you if the truck was not unloaded and the warehouse was completely full of merchandise. So I didn't really like management. I would say the best part of the job was the fact it was my first job ever and it paid for my whole university education. Some of my coworkers were ok but not all. It was like a battleground with everyone who didn't like someone would start arguements with them and that wasn't pleasant. It wasn't a good place to work. Not good pay.
Headquarters