Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,095 reviews matching the search
Family culture atmosphere. Innovative, professional, fast-paced culture.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 February 2017
An excellent place to be employed both financially and for career challenge. You have autonomy. Team building within the organization. An excellent opportunity for personal growth.
Pros
Excellent work atmosphere, profit-sharing, stocks, etc.
Cons
Distance
Long work days with a good lunch room
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2017
The days would consist of loading and unloading product and organizing it onto shelves. The hardest part of the job was the inner department fighting between the supervisors
Pros
Cons
Poor mamagement
It was what i needed at the time
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calary, Alberta #31317 February 2017
They were accomadating to the schedule I needed. Single mom, 2 younger kids, no real help from dad, so weekends were no good for me, and neither were evenings
Pros
flexible shifts for my needs
Cons
there was a heirarchy, so there were different rules for different people
Enjoyed working with the public
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB17 February 2017
I loved working for Canadian Tire, the customers were fun and my co-workers all went above and beyond for them. I was named bird whisperer because I was able to get a sparrow marked for death that night out the garden doors. I will remember that all my life. My boss was a good man who gave praise rarely so when he did it meant something. The people I worked with were very kind and efficient.
Great Team Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atholville, NB17 February 2017
Had a good supervisory team that was able to direct and motivate staff to obtain our goals. We basically ran the store to the way we saw it. We aere aware of owners aspectations and were aways able to deliver
Productive work environment ent
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Squamish, BC16 February 2017
Good friendly management, co workers are helpful, owners are nice and happy to answer any questions, days off always honoured
Pros
Good hours
Hard work, but can learn a lot
Manager in Training - Logistics and Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Keswick, ON16 February 2017
Fast-paced and challenging at times, but also can learn a lot about logistical part of the job (setting up and taking down parts of the store), as well as sales.
a hockey night
Banquet/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 February 2017
this is probably one of the best jobs I have ever had. Everyone there is so kind and helpful, we all get along fairly well for the most part. I work down in banquet so its extremely different than being upstairs in concessions. I normally just serve desserts to guests and help hostess. The managers there are great, and always around and willing to answer any question you have. The hardest part is cleaning up after because we are all so tired and want to go home. The most enjoyable part of this job is connecting with people and interacting.
Pros
free dinner after, short hours
Cons
not enough staff to clean fast enough
great employees
Sales and Support (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 February 2017
Volunteer during work hours for jumpstart
antipasto's cafeteria
management is open and friendly
special events with lunch provided
Christmas Box!!
not a great place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 February 2017
very disorganized and unhappy, large turn over rate for employees, the staff was typically fun to work with, learned a lot from fellow promotional department staff, hours were never steady or regular, hard to make plans with/for family
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
bad management
Great people and fun environment
Stock Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS14 February 2017
The job itself was good, but the hourly wage was not enough to support my family. The hours were great but when the store was sold , I got layed off with the opportunity to reapply but the hours spent there going towards my raise was reset. I did not agree with this.
Pros
Great people and great environment
Cons
Store was sold to new managment
productive but low paying
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 February 2017
self explanatory. Good environment and bright clean and safe. Great team to work with and management are very decent. also they like to suck sausages. its what they do.
Pros
central location
Cons
not paid lunches. One hour to do nothing....
retail.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ON13 February 2017
Great place to work, learn a lot with computer learning for your department and can learn about other departments aswell
Busy and proactive environment with staff who work easily as a team
Sports department (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB13 February 2017
During a workday there would be many customers to help, even outside of our department. I would clean and tidy up my areas in order to maintain an acceptable work place. I learned how to deal with angry customers properly. The management was excellent and friendly towards staff and customers. The staff had no problem working together in order to help customers. The hardest part of th job was dealing with extra customers when short staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer was helped and they are very appreciative of what you did for them.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
When short staffed it is difficult
managers were equipped to teach well and good to work for.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 February 2017
A typical day can change be busy or not as.
Learned how to communicate with various people. Learn where things are in a store.
Management treated their staff fairly.
Hardest part if whole day was totally busy.
Staff and customers . Christmas Party.
Staff were very good at teaching
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
none enjoyed going to work
a fast pace establishment with great employees that hrlp you in need with tough tasks like heavy lifting or finishing freights.
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills Pkwy, NS10 February 2017
Canadian tire is a pretty good job and can get a bit overwhelming when you first start by only for a day or two then it gets pretty fun and interesting when you learn new things and finish whimis each year.
Pros
good management
Cons
low pay for everyone including managers, hours drop
Nice place to get a start in life
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 February 2017
During my time working for Canadian Tire i was never put down or made feel lesser than anyone else. even the owner would occasionally sweep. they put a big emphasis on hard work. Very reasonable people and you'd have a good time working here.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Long periods of standing
well paced. work from home
Database Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
The job included, not only serving customers, but also maintaining stock levels on the sales floor, general cleaning duties. I also enjoyed very much working closely with mechanics.
I did learn an awful lot about car parts and what different accessories were for.
Management was alright for the most part. Dealers were a little different. Once I reached a managers position I worked very hard, once I was told what my salary would be, it was a terrible disappointment.
Productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 February 2017
Overall Canadian Tire was a wonderful place to work, the management were great. Hard work but pays off well, great group of individuals to work with and work for.
productive
Parts Sales (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 February 2017
productive work place. handle customers parts requests stock shelves. take phone calls regarding parts customers need. i just did a review indeed come on.