Great stepping stone. "A great day at Canadian Tire"
Sales Associate in the seasonal department (Current Employee) – Toronto, ON – May 22, 2016
-Interacting with customers
-Hole count sheet
-Selling BBQ's and patio sets
- To be patient and respectful at all times
- Acquired knowledge about many products (Lawnmowers, BBQs, gardening products, auto products)
-Effective communication skills
-Very accommodating to scheduling
-Boss and Managers were friendly and approachable
-Motivated and complimented me on good work and mentioned areas of improvement.
- Felt at times i had to carry most of the weight
- Felt as times at wasn't always a team effort
-Close knit environment that for some people they would find it hard to differentiate a person being a friend or a coworker.
- I liked how seasonal associates were spread out (front seasonal, back seasonal, garden centre) So the tasks were divided.
Hardest part of job:
-Telling the customers we don't have a product in stock when the computer shows that we have it. It makes me feel guilty that i can not provide the best service to try to deliver that product in their hand.
- Helping customers :) Before working at Canadian Tire i had not dealt with many customers since i was working in a warehouse. Now when i entered a job where it was the primary task was to interact and be in the front line serving customers it was a much needed change . I really enjoyed communicating and interacting with customers and I love being challenged with new situations everyday. It was a great time and i hope to find a job helping others!
friendly and approachable staff, Staff always ready to hear feedback, One hour lunches, "We care" appreciation gift cards, Employee of the month, profit sharing, work party at a dining hall, door open policy
gave me 12-9 pm only, Comfortable environment(wanted more challenge, new environment)