Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,112 reviews matching the search
Fullfilling job, enjoyed being of service to customers
Sales Associate$ (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 January 2017
The job included, not only serving customers, but also maintaining stock levels on the sales floor, general cleaning duties. I also enjoyed very much working closely with mechanics.
I did learn an awful lot about car parts and what different accessories were for.
Management was alright for the most part. Dealers were a little different. Once I reached a managers position I worked very hard, once I was told what my salary would be, it was a terrible disappointment.
For most part my co-workers were awesome, helpful when I did not know anything about cars, and great when I was more seasoned.
The hardest part of the work was lifting batteries from the shelves, it is difficult whet you have to reach higher for a heavy item.
The best part of the job was enjoying to see a satisfied customer and the interactions with most of the staff.
Pros
Good customer relations
Cons
Pay not not quite relative to job responsibilities
A family-like atmosphere for the most part
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB6 January 2017
Typical day - count till to ensure correct, sign in, deal with customers with sales and returns, sell hunting/fishing licenses, as well as schedule breaks for all staff. During slow times I was being trained to merchandise and stock shelves, do price changes, count outages, etc

Management - General Manager was awesome, couldn't ask for a better manager. Owner was "too present" at times and wasn't always friendly to customers or staff.

Co-workers - for the most part they were really friendly and helpful when teaching new concepts.

Hardest part of the job - not getting paid for the full time I was working and having to wait for a full year for benefits that weren't that great.

Most enjoyable part of the job - customers, learning new skills, doing a job well
Pros
Received hours as promised, friendly staff, decent wage, willing to train you in different areas
Cons
Takes a year before you receive benefits, not being paid for time spent counting your till before and after shift
Its okay for students
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 February 2017
Good company. But doesn't pay as much for some of the positions worked. Employees get paid for barely doing work. Management is okay but most managers are rarely putting in the effort. Work seems repetitive and pay is minimum for amount of work put in. Feel the burden of management when something is done wrong. Never feel any relief when work is done properly. No common sense. Constantly feel like I'm doing other jobs in the company on top of my own.
Pros
I get to go home
Cons
Management and salary
well paced. work from home
Database Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
Enjoyed working with the public
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB17 February 2017
I loved working for Canadian Tire, the customers were fun and my co-workers all went above and beyond for them. I was named bird whisperer because I was able to get a sparrow marked for death that night out the garden doors. I will remember that all my life. My boss was a good man who gave praise rarely so when he did it meant something. The people I worked with were very kind and efficient.
Great people and fun environment
Stock Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS14 February 2017
The job itself was good, but the hourly wage was not enough to support my family. The hours were great but when the store was sold , I got layed off with the opportunity to reapply but the hours spent there going towards my raise was reset. I did not agree with this.
Pros
Great people and great environment
Cons
Store was sold to new managment
Very little regard given to staff commitment or development
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 December 2016
CDN Tire is a franchise operation which results in frequent management/owner changes. Unfortunately it can be difficult adjusting to these changes. It appears that the trend is to hire part time students at minimum wage without benefits.
Pros
Vehicle service discounts
Cons
No salary increases. normal to go 2-3 years or longer without
Amazing Company
Asset Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON7 January 2017
School of teaching and training
Room for advancement
Diversified workforce and leadership
Great employee benefits program
Strong service and support
Pros
Strong Corporate Culture
Cons
Salary could be more competitive
A good company to work for
Automotive Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK21 February 2017
I really enjoyed working for Canadian Tire. There was room for advancement and they encouraged to try challenges. I was moving to Saskatoon and wanted to go back to cooking.
Pros
Profit sharing and benefits package
Cons
Wages
exciting andchallenging
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  windsor ,ON13 December 2016
evry day had chance to meet new people and face to face interaction helped to builup contacts.each day was challenging in achiving the targets required by the company
Pros
good salary
Cons
no job security
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
I learned a lot of thing in this job like handling customers to give a good service for them. it is good to work here meeting nice people and being friendly with my co-workers. The hardest part of the work is lifting heavy things for some customers but the most enjoyable part of the job is they appreciate your hard work.
Pros
nice people to meet and talk with
Cons
low salary
very good
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK22 February 2017
very good atmosphere
everybody was very friendly
i always treat my employees very politely
and help them in the areas they were weak.
got raise in my wages because of my hard work in a month
Student environment job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC15 January 2017
Worth a try as a student job. Plenty of students are employed some of who are nice. Management is a little strict with employee benefits. However, it is a good start as a student.
good work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC13 January 2017
good work environment, unfortunately it is a minimum wage job with no substantial raises. Good learning experience working in the hardware department.
great work environment
MANAGER, REAL ESTATE PORTFOLIO (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
CTC had the best benefits, work like balance and many perks for staff, workplace culture was fun and friendly and definitely a great place for anyone to work.
its fun to work with co worker and the management
Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK21 February 2017
Good employment benefits and profit sharing benefits. I will definitely work again in this company if given a chance. They have a good line up of product and warranty for consumer.
service writer
Service Writer/Parts Department (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC12 December 2016
Service Writer, I very much enjoyed this job, but due to poor salary I went back to school, I loved working around cars and the people I worked with were very knowledgeable.
Pros
working with highly knowledgeable staff
Cons
poor salary
Great people
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 January 2017
Canadian Tire financial has offered far more benefits and coverage to their part-time employees but they lack the hours to keep staff happy.
Pros
benefits even if your parttime
Cons
not enough hours
disorganized
Tire/Lube tech (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB3 July 2016
a typical day of work was to come in tidy the shop while waiting for a list from management of the daily tasks he/she would like completed for the day. the tasks could be anything from my job title of tire and lube technician. to service/parts writer, to stock boy, to maintence or janitorial duties through the store, to a builder of large stock items to custom pieces of equipment to fit what purpose would be needed in the store. I loved that there was only the journeyman and myself in the shop, it allowed me to go way past the position of being a tire/lube tech, aswell hoping that it would also earn my way to the position of my apprenticeship (after receiving my new journeyman).
The reason for my leave from Canadian tire was due to no benefits after 2 years, no apprenticeship, aswell the management being so disorganised, dysfunctional and creating several arguments with not only the staff but the customers, As I did not want to build my name and reputation in an environment such as that and took on the statistics Canada position full time and have had a blast ever since.
Pros
tonnes of 1 on 1 and hands on exspierence
Cons
no benefits, no apprenticeship after 1.5 years
Fun work place very productive
Wearhouse personnel (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON30 November 2016
All in all a great place to work great benefits and future plans , only down side was the wages.
Would recommend everyone to get involved with canadian tire.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Pay rate