Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,723 reviews matching the search
Sales Assoicate
Oakville - Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJuly 22, 2016
First Job, amazing learning and skill improvement opportunity. I love my job I am taking a year off of school and would love to work two jobs.
Good First Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 22, 2016
This was a good first job to get me on my feet with experience, and after 3 years I feel as though I have hit a plateau and would like to move on. Retail no matter where you work isn't great, however working here has given me the tools needed to be able to deal with the public and give excellent customer service.
Not my place but good place to start
Grease monkey/ Drive Clean (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONJuly 22, 2016
After working there for several years i can say there is little chance of promotion in the shop side of the business. they are nice and easy to work with but give little time to prep for the next schedule of work as they post the new 2 week schedule 24 hours in advance of the start of week 1.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Unpredictable work schedule
Always a learning experience
Cashier,sales.merchandising (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 21, 2016
I dealt with all types of people everyday and learned to adapt to each individual.Everyday was a new adventure.A fast paced environment.The people i worked with were polite,hardworking and always helpful.Management tried to be as helpful and polite as they could be.Tho stressful at times i learned to take a deep breath and relax.The hardest part was dealing with those who refuse to believe anything u say tho that is what u were taught to say and do.Everyday was a challenge and i am proud to say i met those challenges with pride and a job well done.
Pros
Payed breaks
parts dept
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJuly 21, 2016
put stock onto shelfs,help customers find what they need if they needed help. I like cars so I know a little about them.
Fun to familarize yourself with tools
Coop Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 20, 2016
Canadian Tire was a Volunteer job for school. What I did in my time at Canadian tire was clean the isles, put items into their homes if they had been misplaced, mixed paint, cut keys, and restocked shelves when the new shipment came in.
Good company to get retail exposure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  sheppard ave E, Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2016
It is very good work environment
Only hours are less, mostly hire as part time employee.
Good training in store and online.
Cooperative Management
Pros
Staff discounts at store. Friday pizza party for staff involvement is good.
Cons
Usually hires as part time employee
nice and awsome work place.....
Sales Associate and customer service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 19, 2016
i m really enjoying working in c.tire.Staffs and management is wonderful.so helpful.....well customer care.good organisation......
good for first time jobs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 18, 2016
had a good overall experience taught me allot for my first time job friendly environment good people great place for students
The Best!
SALES (Former Employee) –  Fort Frances, ONJuly 18, 2016
Great staff, management is second to none! It wasn't just working with other employees, it was like a family that really cared about you.
Good hours, but low pay for physical demanding job.
Crew Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 15, 2016
You will get 40 hours a week with them. But the work is really physical throughout the day. 10 hour shifts, and 2 30 minute breaks are nice. The pay however is only $13- 14 per hour. You are on your feet all day and lifting between 30lbs - 60lbs almost every other 30 seconds to 60 seconds. It is a good way to keep fit, but the pay should be more. This is through the Adecco Agency. Canadian Tire starts at $16, which I still think is low.
Pros
Long breaks, go at your own pace
Cons
Heavy consistent lifting up to 50lbs. Pay should be more for type of work.
I really like working there it near my house
Commis aux pièces d'auto (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCJuly 15, 2016
Personally i really appreciate working for Canadian tire it was a really good experience.What i liked the most was working with very good college and experiment people.
Pros
discount
Cons
1 hour lunch
Some employees interested in sports activities, eg baseball, bowling
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJuly 15, 2016
The comradery is good. Profit sharing is a good pension for the future. Customers relatively happy in general. Nice to work for a Canadian Company.
hardware/ auto
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB/ rothessay/ truro/ drayton valleyJuly 14, 2016
enjoyed working with the public. staff got along well. usually an open door policy with management. I learned to listen to the customer and do my best to satisfy their needs.
Pros
profit sharing
Overall good place to work and gain valuable work experince.
Auto Serivce Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJuly 13, 2016
At Canadian Tire a typical work day is usually very busy. It involves many aspects from dealing with all types of customers to cleaning and stocking product. With my many years of experience I have learned that you have to really listen to your customers needs. Our management team is one the best I have worked for. My co-works are great to work with and I am proud to call most my friends.
Reliable Worksplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  AlbertaJuly 13, 2016
fast paced, high energy environment. This company allows for significate growth through not only its brand but through several others within its umbrella of companies.
Fun workplace
Merchandising product on shelves (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 12, 2016
I gained cashier skills, customers service skills, skills in dealing with difficult customers, and stoking and cleaning up shelves so that customers can find things easier and our shelves look nice, tidy, and clean. The hardest part of working at Canadian Tire is that they didn't always separate the breaks as good as they should have, not leaving a long enough between the breaks.
Pros
developing skills
Cons
dealing with mean managers
too much to be done for the amout of reward
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  yonge and churchJuly 12, 2016
-Ive done much more at this job than i have in this current job and it wasn't worth the treatment/pay.
-Ive learned to drive and use a forklift in a safe way.
-The management at this location didnt seem to really want to be there and seemed like there was minimal care for their jobs or others.
-The co-workers were helpful at times but could have had a better drive but that also come back on the managers.
-The hardest part of this job was using the forkclift in the winter time to take skids of salt around the store in minus 20 or 30 degree weather.
-The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting some of the truck drivers because some of them were actually interesting.
overall atmosphere
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2016
working at Canadian tire i had experienced a very laid back environment overall by management. and really got a kick out of helping customers out and educating them on product.
Pros
2 breaks after 5 hours
Cons
lots of higher up harrassment waived by management
Productive and encouraging to work here
Partsman (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 10, 2016
A good place to learn new things and get back into a more physical work environment
Have been able to learn the use of an RF gun, and the general operation in a retail environmnet
Pros
Goog learning environment
Cons
Short notice of upcoming schedule making it difficult to plan family events.

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location