Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,723 reviews matching the search
Good hours, but low pay for physical demanding job.
Crew Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 15, 2016
You will get 40 hours a week with them. But the work is really physical throughout the day. 10 hour shifts, and 2 30 minute breaks are nice. The pay however is only $13- 14 per hour. You are on your feet all day and lifting between 30lbs - 60lbs almost every other 30 seconds to 60 seconds. It is a good way to keep fit, but the pay should be more. This is through the Adecco Agency. Canadian Tire starts at $16, which I still think is low.
Pros
Long breaks, go at your own pace
Cons
Heavy consistent lifting up to 50lbs. Pay should be more for type of work.
too much to be done for the amout of reward
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  yonge and churchJuly 12, 2016
-Ive done much more at this job than i have in this current job and it wasn't worth the treatment/pay.
-Ive learned to drive and use a forklift in a safe way.
-The management at this location didnt seem to really want to be there and seemed like there was minimal care for their jobs or others.
-The co-workers were helpful at times but could have had a better drive but that also come back on the managers.
-The hardest part of this job was using the forkclift in the winter time to take skids of salt around the store in minus 20 or 30 degree weather.
-The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting some of the truck drivers because some of them were actually interesting.
Always a learning experience
Cashier,sales.merchandising (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 21, 2016
I dealt with all types of people everyday and learned to adapt to each individual.Everyday was a new adventure.A fast paced environment.The people i worked with were polite,hardworking and always helpful.Management tried to be as helpful and polite as they could be.Tho stressful at times i learned to take a deep breath and relax.The hardest part was dealing with those who refuse to believe anything u say tho that is what u were taught to say and do.Everyday was a challenge and i am proud to say i met those challenges with pride and a job well done.
Pros
Payed breaks
Fun workplace
Merchandising product on shelves (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 12, 2016
I gained cashier skills, customers service skills, skills in dealing with difficult customers, and stoking and cleaning up shelves so that customers can find things easier and our shelves look nice, tidy, and clean. The hardest part of working at Canadian Tire is that they didn't always separate the breaks as good as they should have, not leaving a long enough between the breaks.
Pros
developing skills
Cons
dealing with mean managers
Overall good place to work and gain valuable work experince.
Auto Serivce Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJuly 13, 2016
At Canadian Tire a typical work day is usually very busy. It involves many aspects from dealing with all types of customers to cleaning and stocking product. With my many years of experience I have learned that you have to really listen to your customers needs. Our management team is one the best I have worked for. My co-works are great to work with and I am proud to call most my friends.
Productive, slow pace working environment. Very Educational
Cashier, Sales Associate(Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 2, 2016
I really enjoy working at Canadian Tire, the environment is suitable for a lot of people, I would prefer a more fast pace environment, where I can use most of my skills. Canadian Tire is generally a slow pace environment depending on the time of year which can be stressful as you can't estimate accurately when it will be fast pace environment. The pay is rather low, they offer the bare minimum of minimum wage.
Pros
Flexible hours, Great Engagement, Great Management
Cons
Not known for the best customer service, stressful
Fun and convenient place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
A worked in the garden center as an associate and cashier with responsibilities such as cleaning, taking care of the plants, customer service, and inventory. I learned a lot about plants and gardening, but even more about customer service and people skills. My managers were kind yet at times disorganized, and I worked with many amazing people. The hardest part of my job was having to work outside everyday in Calgary weather, yet it was also one of the best parts. Also just being in an enjoyable work place.
Pros
kind people, doing what I love.
Cons
long hours, disorganized management.
Great place to work if you love working with people!
PARTS ADVISOR/SERVICE WRITER (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABMay 25, 2016
If you are willing to work, be dependable, apply yourself and learn new things, there is a great amount of knowledge you can acquire, and usually room for advancement. The pay was good, benefits were good, no shortage of hours available to those who would work them. The management I worked for were great people, who put pride into their work, and pushed us to as well.
Pros
Great staff, Birthday lunches
Cons
No-shows/working short-staffed
Fun if you have friends to work with, hours aren't the best
Stock Person, Sales (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 24, 2016
Long hours always on your feet. I learned how to face items, report damaged items, find items using a hand-held scanner, locate items up high on top shelves using a ladder, creating price tags and labels. The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers who happened to be friends from school. The hardest part was that my feet and legs would become so sore. Very short shifts during the weekdays if you are a student (4 - 4.5 hours). Only long shifts available for students are on weekends (8 hours).
Pros
Fun if your friends are there to keep you company while you work
Cons
Always on your feet
Overall Canadian Tire is a great place to work...
DEPARTMENT MANAGER / ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJune 28, 2016
Over the years Canadian Tire has evolved with the times, it is a fast paced exciting enviroment... The best part of the job is the interactions with not only the customers but with the staff themselves. I have put in many long hours over the years but always see the fruits of my labors.
Pros
Benefits were good, profit sharing
Cons
Many long hours, not getting stat days.
Work Hard and Enjoy it
Fill Crew/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2016
Canadian Tire stores are offering the best tools you can use for everyday life from households, sports, plumbing, cars and automative stuff and outdoor facilities that also extended to gardening.

First thing in the morning we are accepting deliveries, as a fill crew we are responsible for filling in the shelves with stocks. There were days that manpower were less, as a team we need to help one another. They are strict with the rules and implement new one to do the job efficiently. The hardest part of our work as a woman, we are carrying heavy loads of items. I am very grateful to my co-workers and managers because they are approachable, friendly and willing to help.
Pros
Working hard equals to money
Cons
off peak in the store you have less hours of work
Enjoyable staff horrible work environment
Automotive Retail (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 18, 2016
I find the job is asked of many irrelevant things and the mangers aren't reasonable with their shift arrangements. They tend to make excuses for verbal agreements. Overall this job isn't worth the money i earn but til i can attain another job i'm stuck with this one
Pros
Discount you get and the knowledge i earnd from automotive
Cons
The mangement and the lack of fairness with the staff
Great employees
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2016
Typical day at work is being a cashier and also dealing with people at customer service returning items.
I learned great customer service, dealing with the public all day and making customers satisfy about there experience.
The management is not the best since i started at canadian tire i have had 5 different cash managers.
My co-workers are great people and their presence makes you want to be at work.
The hardest part of my job is requesting hours, when your not in school you need money to live life and management has a hard time giving people more hours compared to people who are in school and getting more hours.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being around people who understand you.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
great fun workplace nor room for advancement
Prep cook / grill cook (Current Employee) –  by town grillMay 17, 2016
working at the canadian tire centre is a great place to work its fun, you work with nice people but they have no room for moving up in the system ive been there for 3 years now and i have not recieved any sort of salary buff or anything like that i have been doing the same work for the 3 years looking for more out of them
Pros
you get one free meal a shift and you get to hang out with some cool people
Cons
traffic, no raise
Good products, good innovations, good atmosphere
Canadian Tire Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MBMay 24, 2016
Canadian Tire Corporation offers benefits and profit sharing to staff of a certain length of tenure. Safety policies and on-line training is available, though some is only available at the store which means spending off-time at work without remuneration.

However, there is room for advancement and moving among departments.
Pros
friendly fellow staff
Cons
need full time hours
fun workplace
Promotional Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  st.james polo park winnipeg manitobaMay 9, 2016
everyday is an exciting day to work at canadian tire you will learn how to deal with different kind of person or customers.you need to have a lot of patience.i really enjoyed working at canadian tire because i have a harmonious relationship with my co-workers the hardest part of my job is if you encountered a mean customers but at the end of the day you can see smile in our face because we tried to polite with them,but the most fun and enjoyable is if you see their face(customers) that they are happy because you tried to help them with smile.
Pros
free lunches every moth
Cons
full time hours
Productive.
House Ware Department (Former Employee) –  High River, ABMay 25, 2016
Typical day at work: Assisting customer's, and co workers. Making labels. Quick Pick List. Signage. Putting away stock. Merchandising. Clean work area. Cashier. What I learned: My strengths, and weaknesses. Management: (Store Manager) is bitter, rigid, unfair, and abusive to staff. Co-workers: The best team I ever worked with. The hardest part of the job: Harassment from store manager. What I disliked: The constant monitoring of what I said, what I did, where I was, at all times from manager's. What I enjoyed: From my customer's: talk, listen, find what they needed, and getting to know them. From co-workers: Our friendships, fun, and laughter.
Pros
Complements from my supervisor's on a job well done. Spending time with co-workers during break time, and lunch.
Cons
Lack of respect, and unappreciated.
Great way to develop time management skills and to handle stress
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work is generally very busy. Customer service is expected to be of highest quality, along with putting away new stock, ordering out-of-stock items, organizing respective departments, etc. This job definitely helps with prioritizing all the work that needs to be done. It also helps quite a bit with one's ability to handle stress. The hardest part of the job was holiday hours, while customers must be taken care of and the department must be kept in order. The most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
A typical day at work as a cashier would entail working with the public and processing services to customers. Working the till and learning how to do cash and credit card interactions. I learned a lot working this job, working well with others, customer relations, working under pressure and standing for long periods. The most enjoyable part of my day was when customers complemented me on my performance and left the store with a smile.
Pros
Great Company to work for
Cons
Standing for long periods
productive, fun workplace with good emmployees
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioMay 7, 2016
- a typical day at work wasn't really stressful, but i have to meet up with my everyday expectations.
- i learned a lot about sales, how to talk people into getting what you are selling and how to overcome hard and soft NOs.
- the managers are really nice people, i had the opportunity to be trained by one of the managers during my training days.
- My co-workers are really supportive, even when i was nervous at first, i got a lot of encouragement from them.
- the hardest part of the job was getting through the day when ever i get a very hard No and also waking up so early in the morning to get to the office
- the most enjoyable part of the job was just having as much fun as you can while working.
Pros
free rides to work location
Cons
waking up so early in the morning

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location