Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great management makes retail easy.
Sales Associate (Full-time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2014
Excellent managers at this location. Has the standard downsides of minimum wage retail, but a typical day was not bad at all.
Canadian Tire Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: discount.
Cons: boring and not to fun.
A typical day is busy and very boring. I learned how to react with certain people. The management was fun and I enjoyed being with them. The hardest part was the counting of the Canadian tire cash. The most enjoyable part was the people that I worked with.
Great atmosphere, Great co-workers
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Great training and great people to work with. Very open with family values and very fair scheduling to all employees.
High Stress Job
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee), Kanata, ONOctober 13, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: supervisor
It was okay, was very stressful at times. It was an hour away from my house which made it very hard to travel, but overall a good experience if you can handle the tasks and stress.
Great staff, friendly environment
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham,OnatrioOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches once a month
Cons: not sufficient amount of hours given to full time employees
Typical day at work consist of unpacking stocks and filling empty shelves. Helping customers with product questions and finding merchandise. Managing the department by keeping it clean and organized. Co-workers are very friendly and easy to get along with. Management is understanding and supportive to your needs. The hardest part of the job is strain – more... put on employees to get tasks done on limited time and less staff. – less
worst experience ever
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2014
used to work part time, good to gain some experience. worst management ever, no security nothing, advice not to work with an Indian owner of a Gas station. they are not helpful in any way and rub employes to do work they are not supposed to be doing.
There is a Tim Horton's in the Canadian Tire, and table hockey games as well
Reciever (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: overtime is a pro
Cons: the main con is being sent home early if it is not busy enough.
Many of the co workers were easy to work with. The management did come down from their offices to see how we were working. They were very nice to us. The hardest part of the job is to wake up a 4 am to prepare for work. The most enjoyable part of work is to work with the positive people in the area.
Learning environment
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONOctober 6, 2014
Supportive of co-workers
Enjoy helping customers
Some lifting required
Felt productive and useful
Productive work environment
Customer service/Auto parts cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 6, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: dealing with unsatisfied customers
As a customer service representative, I dealt with customers who were not satisfied with their purchase at Canadian Tire. I returned their belongings and made customers feel acknowledged. I not only returned items for customers but I managed lottery. At times it was difficult because I would be the only person at customer service and it would be difficult – more... to manage both, as customers were being upset.

I was not only a customer service represented but I was a cashier for auto-parts. As an auto-parts cashier I managed documents , called customers when their vehicle was ready.

Overall, my experience at Canadian Tire was a good, I learned to deal with customers in a respectable manner. I also learned to multi-task and move in a productive manner. – less
interesting and fun, not so bad workplace.
Sales assistant (Former Employee), barton and kenilworthOctober 6, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: short breaks
I go in with one or more goals everyday and have position thinking to get through my day, have a smile on my face even if i had a bad day .I always have good relationships with my co-workers and managers.
I plan my day according to the assignments/ tasks given to me by my supervisor. i greet customers when they come into the store, i also assistant – more... them when need.
the hardest part is not having a routine, sometimes i know what i'm doing but usually i know no clue. The enjoyable part is helping others and meeting new people. – less
Decent job with good pay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABOctober 6, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, good benefits, good pay
Cons: only close on two holidays, are open every other day
It was a fairly good job with decent enough pay. Some of the coworkers were okay and some were quite rude. The management at Canadian Tire is hit or miss. There were some managers that were amazing and helpful and there were some managers that were less than helpful and if they didn't like you they let you know.
Detail oriented customer service job with room for advancement.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 3, 2014
Customer service focused.
Demand for detail oriented individuals.
Informative online training courses.
Capability of learning all aspects of Canadian Living. (Home, Automotive, Garden, Leisure)
Awesome staff and a great environment to learn new skills
Customer Service - Houseware (Former Employee), Sturgeon Falls, ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: i was going off to college soon so i was able to find useful home necessities.
Cons: i was working a full-time placement in the summer and the hours began to get a little long..
Working in Houseware I got the opportunity to deal with a lot of customers on hand! I enjoyed helping customers of all age find exactly what they needed, even if it wasn't in my department. I stocked shelves and prepared sales. The co-workers I had at the Canadian Tire I previously worked at were magnificent, it was honestly like a family. I was proud – more... to call myself a part of the Canadian Tire Team! – less
labourers for the summer
Hardware Sales Associate (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABOctober 2, 2014
number one priority is keeping track of stock and keeping your isles faced. everyone gets along with everyone and is always willing to offer a helping hand. they are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Automotive Parts Personnel
Automotive Parts Personnel (Former Employee), bramptonOctober 2, 2014
Pros: automotive knowledge
Cons: low pay
Received, unpacked and sorted incoming parts, supplies and materials. Processed incoming requisitions. Maintained records on inventory control system. Responded to customer inquiries concerning auto-parts and provide quality service to guarantee customer satisfaction.
Productive and rewarding environment to work
Line Review Analyst, Line Review Team, Marketing (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 1, 2014
Pros: large corporate company with opportunity for advancement
Cons: long commute
Canadian Tire Corporation have great mentoring and career advancement opportunities.
ok workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABOctober 1, 2014
always had fun at this job always on the go always dealing with customers finding items giving my knowledge on certain items
Very nice and cooperative owners and the best managers
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Sydney, NSOctober 1, 2014
I started working in this company in 2013 and have not regretted a single day after I started working here. The workplace is very good, the managers and co-workers are friendly and very helpful. The owner and the store manager are very encouraging, helpful to our needs and love me and my work there.
Good Workplace with good people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 29, 2014
The hardest part of the job was doing more work than other people and getting paid less
Great people to work with, but not a great place to work for
Seasonal Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 28, 2014
Dont like it
Management is horrible
Everyone but management is awesome
Owner sucks

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos