Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical Retail
Part-time sales associate (Former Employee), 7599 King George Hwy, Surrey, BC V3W 5A8February 25, 2015
Pros: 10% items.
Cons: inconsistent hours, incompetent upper management, uncompromising bosses.
There was no compromise with the higher staff.
Co-workers were supportive when they could be but everyone wanted to be there as little as possible and most people stayed because they hadn't gotten a new job yet. In the year I worked there almost the entire staff had changed to new faces.
Management went so far as to question why you had a day as N/A on availablility and wouldn't let people trade shifts under any circumstances. It went so far as a schedule was put up for when everyone could take their half hour break. 15 minute breaks were highly frowned upon.
If the General Manager felt like it, they literally would make up an excuse out of nowhere and cut shifts down on staff, even if it was during busy season.
Whenever anyone talked to the owner about concerned they would dismiss it and say staff had to work harder to "Help [them] keep they lifestyle they were accustomed to."
This completely spoilted retail for me and I'll only consider going into retail again if I'm completly desperate.
Fun workplace, great people
Cashier (Former Employee), Ancaster ONFebruary 25, 2015
I would normally go into work and be on cash (depending on the day from 4-8 hours)
Management was really awesome and I had some great co-workers
Basic hardware store retail environment
Manager, Parts (Current Employee), Victoria B.C.February 24, 2015
Pros: flexibility with schedule, staff association functions (i.e. bowling, lunches)
Cons: upper management and office staff
Working for Canadian Tire is a great opportunity to learn and push through challenges that you might not find in other workplaces. Also having a close team relationship allows everyone to enjoy their job and feel accomplishment at the end of a shift. As any retail manager dealing with difficult customers is one of the more challenging things to do, but with the returns and warranty manuals provided by Canadian Tire it makes those decision a lot more clear cut, not only for the employee but also the customer. I feel working for Canadian Tire has taught me many valuable real world lessons and given me experience that I will use for the rest of my life.
very motivated and proctive work
Team Leader - Receiving (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: sometime not enough help
-Off-loading transports
-lifting extremely heavy equipment
-working with a forklift
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: breaks and lunches
Cons: not enough hours
i really loved working here, great people.
learned so much about customers.
enjoyed cutting keys
mangers were great
loved my co workers greta people
Excellent for learning about dealing with customer needs.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OnFebruary 21, 2015
It was a very good place for me to increase my work ethic and learn about dealing with customers.
I've learned that the customer is always right and my co workers where willing to assist me when i first began working there.
its bored
Cleaner (Former Employee), toronto, OnFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: foucs clean
Cons: do not judge
no life for keep work this job clean cause its my job of my life thats why

i was always show work so hard because my hand is energy
Each place is different
Customer Service Returns (Former Employee), CranbrookFebruary 17, 2015
Every store has a different owner so they do vary. But over all I found this coporation a wonderful one to work for. I would work for this company again in a heart beat.
Great people work there
Automotive Service Manager (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: profit sharing
Demanding, but also rewarding when you do a good job. Helping customers is a gift that not many have. Thank You. good resources available when trained.
Great place to work. The Management needs some work in order to make things smooth when taking in customers vehicles.
Associate store #130 (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 11, 2015
A very wonderful place to be employed at. My co-workers are wonderful and are there to help if i am having issues. When the whole team is in great space we complete a lot of jobs and also very smooth.
friendly and less stress environment to work
Technical Specialist - Workstation Support (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, productive
working at the company , i learned alot about financial software support and most windows 7 migration support.
working under less supervision , so more responsible and problem solving
Everyone was supportive, and quick to lend a helping hand.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Everyone was supportive, and quick to lend a helping hand.
Easy to find my way around the store with little help.
Lunch/ break room was always clean and neat.
Fun fast-paced environment
Department Manager (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the people you work with
Cons: long hours
Working for Canadian Tire as a department manager can be a demanding but fulfilling job. Dealing with daily issues with both customers and staff can be challenging, and prepares you for dealing with high intensity scenarios.
good starting employer
Lube & Tire Technician (Former Employee), Fergus, ONFebruary 9, 2015
decent start in the auto service industry, enjoyable time spent in the shop. I would recommend for new and starting techs to get shop experience.
Horrible Experience
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Port Colborne, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: everything about the place.
Co workers stabbed people in the back.
management did not care about anyone or anything. Very lazy and not productive. They also have very little communication skills. No manager or owner for that matter knows how to run a business it was just unbelievable
An enjoyable work environment
Hardware/Housewares Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hanover, ONFebruary 8, 2015
The people I work with are friendly and helpful. I often meet new and friendly customers. Most of my day at work is spent restocking shelves and helping customers.
good company
Customer service, Cashier, Sales associate (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCFebruary 7, 2015
I loved my awesome coworkers, it made it a pleasant job. My managers and dealer was amazing. Good hours, pay and benefits.
The management are very unattached with staff on the floor who happens to make the company their monies.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: discount as well as getting first bids on items that are being tossed.
Cons: always being watched and negtive attitudes with management
After I left the management fired and laid off people that worked there for 4-5 years in every department. It seemed like they gave the store an uplift as well as the staff. I had stopped shopping there all together and still don't after all these years.
Working at Canadian tire
Housewares Associate (Former Employee), Grimsby,onFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: not open very late
Cons: long hours on weekends
The hours were good for me while in school, was able to balance work and homework as well as social life. Downfall was staff drama and long hours on weekends as well as hard to take time off! I worked in the housewares department so i would stock shelves for coffee machines, toasters, dishes, cutlery, garbage bags/cans, cleaning products, vacuums, totes, pet things and electronics. So i had a giant area of the store and most nights you are one person for the department that i was in which made it tough to juggle customers needs.
Fun, upbeat
Manger (Former Employee), Carleton Place, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: store account
Cons: long hours being the manger
Simple, get in and get out, just get the job done. Easiest job I ever had and LOVED IT. Left for matt leave and just never went back. What I learnt was Canadian Tire, weather it was the gas bar or the store are very good to their employees. I was the store level management, but the district mangers and most of the owners of the gas bars are all around great people. The hardest part of my job was writing the schedule for the other staff. The best part of my job was, I was being paid to talk to customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos