Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 1,907 reviews matching the search
Very little regard given to staff commitment or development
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 December 2016
CDN Tire is a franchise operation which results in frequent management/owner changes. Unfortunately it can be difficult adjusting to these changes. It appears that the trend is to hire part time students at minimum wage without benefits.
Pros
Vehicle service discounts
Cons
No salary increases. normal to go 2-3 years or longer without
Canadian Tire Review
Garden Centre Employee (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON4 December 2016
My brief time at Canadian Tire was exhausting. Every day I would be tasked with a daunting requirement such as lugging soil rolls into a dumpster, or carrying heavy bags of soil to a customer's trunk. What I did learn however is the toughness of jobs out there, and the things they can expect. It prepared me for the world and the tough tasks that are ahead.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Heavy labour
good environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2016
the word is i do not care about writing a review. I just want to find a good job. What is this. Why do I have to type 150 characters. I cannot believe this.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Products are dusty and old
Employee (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB1 December 2016
You are treated like a slave. Products are old and dusty. Management is pretty much useless. Lazy employees aren't terminated especially when they are favored by management. Helpful workmates though! It just sad that the management are lazy and don't know anything and keep ordering employees around like a slave
Pros
Helpful workmates
Cons
Favoritism in Management
Fun work place very productive
Wearhouse personnel (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON30 November 2016
All in all a great place to work great benefits and future plans , only down side was the wages.
Would recommend everyone to get involved with canadian tire.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Pay rate
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2016
Stocking shelves, hole count lists, putting labels and cleaning up. The job thought me the value of a dollar. Management was poor,took advantage of workers. Many Co-workers were good people who worked hard and easy to work with. Keeping up with multiple tasks from different management was hard, the most enjoyable part of working there were the people you meet.
Pros
Planed events
Cons
Some Management wasn't useful
Workplace
Cashier/ Customer Service Personal (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB28 November 2016
I enjoyed working at canadian tire. All of the employees were really nice and I enjoyed spending my days with them, my only con was one of the managers and I had some issues with him sexually harassing me.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Long Hours, harrasment
Great Entry Level Job
Housewares Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, ON24 November 2016
A very simple career to manage after probation. Does not require too many tasks, and as long as you have the required skills to perform a job at Canadian Tire well, as far as I am aware, having worked at one of their locations for a year, there is little to no trouble at all.
Pros
Good breaks, decent shifts, and very approachable staff
Cons
You may sometimes have to deal with many more customers than expected
Supportive positive environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
Progressive, leading edge company with high expectations. Rewards are commensurate with contributions to success of Canada.
Pros
Profit sharing.
Good Minimum Wage job
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
It's a good job. The work that needs to be done is clear and predictable. Once trained you are left to do your thing on your own and serve customers. You also meet some cool staff members along the way and its a great employer for students because their hours are flexible.
Pros
nice people
Cons
cloopens
a job
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2016
It was a good job at the time but deffinitly not a long term position. The people are nice but management was not good. There was a lack of communication all the time.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
no communication
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 November 2016
I learned a lot about wholesale and retail and also communicating with customers about products. Co workers were helpful at times. I enjoyed helping customers with their shopping but the hardest part of the job for me was doing stock for the first 2 weeks because of a renovation I didn't know where most products where.
Cons
low pay
Good fit for customer oriented person.
Auto Parts Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
OK place to work. Can be very physically demanding and challenging in dealing with customers. Hours of work can be disruptive for social life. Rarely get 2 days in a row off. Was not a good fit for me.
Pros
Provides some nice holiday lunches, Christmas party
Cons
Physically and mentally demanding depending on the department.
Good experience
Edmonton, Department Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 November 2016
Learned lots about retail, good first job. Customer service was surprisingly easier then most people would think. I worked in the sports department.
productive and managed to make a satisfactory sales during this limited period as seasonal products offers at Canadian tire
Vendeur saisonier (Former Employee) –  Laval (53)18 November 2016
busy workplace, good training but intensive, challenging job where since sales is involved. receiving customers as soon as they enter the the shopping store and offer my services and assistance according to their choices to winter tires.
Pros
have two rest times for 15 minutes and one hour for lunch.
Cons
partial time working hours 8-5 hours / 3-4 times weekly
great "in-between" job or while-going-to-school job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 November 2016
This is a great job if you are in school, because they have flexible hours and availability. Also a great job if you are needing a second job or if you are in between jobs.
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
A good job to start off in. As a part - time worker there are no benefits or wage increases. Provides good customer service experience . Many Canadian Tire locations
Great place to work.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 November 2016
Canadian Tire welcomes people from all over to work with them and gain experience. The staff is exceptionally friendly with one another and most importantly with customers. Overall Canadian Tire has a great work environment.
Summary of Work at Canadian Tire
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 November 2016
A typical day at work is fairly busy. Some of the things I learned were good customer service experience, stocking shelves, maintaining a positive attitude. Management was very reasonable. My co-workers were very helpful and nice to be around. The hardest part of my job is when I have to lift anything from the trailers outside.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers.
Good company to work for.
IT Vendor Relationship Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 November 2016
Canadian Tire is a great company to work for. Management is good and supportive. Co-workers are fun to work with. Lot of opportunities to learn. Thanks