Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
enjoyable place to work
cashier (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMay 27, 2015
i was responsible for opening and closing the store. i worked 8 hour shifts and also worked on call. while on duty i was responsible for lottery sales, cigarette and phone card sales, cash back and canadian tire money rebates.i have dealt with power outages and debit machine outages in a responsible manner.
Busy environment that kept me on my toes
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
The typical day at work involved stocking shelves and assisting customers with their concerns. I gained valuable retail experience and learned about how large stores like Canadian Tire function. The management seemed fairly organized and responsible, and I had no issues with it. My coworkers were also helpful and patient while I was learning the ropes. The hardest part of the job was learning the vast amount of items throughout the store and their locations in order to guide customers more efficiently. That in turn was the most enjoyable part of the job as well, because seeing my improvement was rewarding.
great work environment
service writer (Former Employee), st.john's NLMay 27, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: shift work
Creating a good experience with customers making grudge purchases. For example: car repairs
Fantastic co-workers and meeting new people everyday
expectd better knowledge of car saftey
Lube Technician (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONMay 26, 2015
poorly trained lube techs left to handle cars with no supervisor or with no experienced techs around it really sucked. always had employees leaving
Parts Clerk
Parts Clerk (Former Employee), Hawkesbury, ONMay 25, 2015
Great boss, terrible management, everyone was miserable. Best part of the job, going home at the end of the day. Not much support for further knowledge aquirements. Left to fend for yourself.
Good pay, no home life
ACZ driver and store delivery (Current Employee), ONMay 25, 2015
I worked here for 6 months to collect money. Thats all its good for. for the amount of time youre away from your family, and the number of hours you work unpaid, its not worth anyones time
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Deliver both mail and couriers, then pick up both mail and couriers so they are ready for pick up. Worked in close contact with all employees and executives.
Very fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2015
A typical day at work includes dealing with returns, answering phones, answering questions, and helping customers to the best of my ability. Working as a customer service representative has taught me to multitask, work under pressure, deal with customers in the most appropriate way, always go the extra mile, and be honest and upfront. My co-workers are all truly amazing they are the ones who make work so much more fun. The most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling when I go the extra mile to help customers and hear them respond with "Now this is what I call customer service!"
Great place to work on social skills
Co-op Student / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable
Cons: Unexppected situationns
Working in a retail environment helped me out with social boundaries. I learned and managed to work with customers on a daily basis. Restocking shelves and helping out customer needs was my typical day.

Hardest part of the job was that occasionally there's a customer that would give even the smartest and most polite worker a hard time depending on the customers personality.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience i got from meeting all types of people that would walk in.
Great place to start working if you are in-experianced
Service Advisor (Current Employee), Bradford, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Friendly work environment
Cons: Pay scaling is not very good
Canadian Tire stores are all independently owned and operated so I cannot speak for every store out there but my store was a great place to learn about the automotive industry. I have learned a lot of great things from there, and I enjoyed majority of the staff that worked there.
Great
v Excellent team worker (Current Employee), Ottawa,ONMay 21, 2015
Fantastic working atmosphere with great people. I have learned how to work in a fast pace environment, to be a self starter and to always be on time.
Good place to start
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Fun staff
Cons: Poor management throughout company
Canadian Tire has a fun staff and the work environment is not stressful. The Job/Work life balance is not very lenient and the salary is not competitive. The management's innovative spirit could be improved.
installer (Former Employee), London, ONMay 21, 2015
Cons: equipment maintenance
Enjoyed working with a great bunch of people. In my opinion the management needs to take responsibility for things within their control not put the responsibility off on their employees. With disciplinary actions and injuries due to equipment failure being the result.
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee), MississaugaMay 20, 2015
Good company to work for. Very flexible and easy to work with for time off, etc.
Great management team. I worked extremely hard with this business to keep the store clean and functioning at its highest with the responsibility of the entire front cash end.
Solid introductory job for aspiring young people.
Lot Attendant & Seasonal Garden Support (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 17, 2015
Pros: General work experience and was very easy as a first job.
Cons: Weather in Alberta.
I worked in Parking Lot Attendant or as the unofficial term was "the Cart Boy", it involved bringing stray carts from outside the store and putting them back in the cart corrals inside the store, additionally I'd help where needed for example helping someone carry a heavy load to their car or just helping another department with a time consuming or labor intensive task. A typical day at work involved lots of customer interaction, a fair amount of physical labor and overall nice colleagues. I learned how to interact with customers in a fair but professional manner regardless of customer behavior. The management was critical to daily tasks. Co workers were friendly and hard working while completing tasks assigned to them in timely fashions. The hardest part of my job was that it was primarily an outdoor job in Alberta. The best part of my job was positive customer interaction, having someone enter the store and me being a important part in making their visit as short and painless as possible really put a small smile on face.
Beginner Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 16, 2015
Your hours are set by a supervisor. You clock in and stand at the cashier booth. The coworkers were friendly and the atmosphere was great. Usually everything is going smoothly unless there's a rush or a customer is complaining about something.
The middle management have too much authority and are biased. There is a little chance to be promoted within the company if your manager does not like
Manager, A/R and billing (Current Employee), TorontoMay 16, 2015
Your tasks are pre-defined but can change rapidly depending on the management's need. Document each conversation with your manager for your own sake. The teamwork is not occurring naturally, it has to be dictated by the superior. Lack of training but expectations are high. Company favours young employees, CPA, CA preferred.
Logistics
Logistics (Former Employee), Brampton. ONMay 14, 2015
Very fun but sometimes slow work environment with great people and good management. sometimes overtime as well on the weekends.
Great staff to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great Staff
Cons: Spotty hours at best
Every Canadian Tire is run a bit differently but the one thing that has stayed constant throughout my experience was the great staff that worked there. The staff generally got along well and supported each other in a variety of tasks. The typical day working at a Canadian Tire as a sales associate was mainly filled with providing exceptional customer service and ensuring the shelves were filled with product. Management would delegate tasks and keep the staff focused on priority tasks such as selling certain new products or fixing problem areas in the store. Furthermore, management made sure all staff were equipped to deal with the daily challenges that we faced on the floor and if there was a problem they would fix it as soon as possible. The hardest part of the job was dealing with very difficult customers that left you emotionally exhausted afterwards and trying to bounce back from said customer. Although difficult customers are exhausting I learned quite a bit of patience and learned how to let things go in order to keep working at optimal capacity. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was helping customers find exactly what they needed as their appreciation for your effort was a reward in itself.
Great experiance
Auto Shop Technician (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABMay 13, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: none
Great staff, good pay , okay benefits, and the learning experience was great. very multi-cultural and very hard working staff.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos