Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Atmosphere
Receiver (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: dental and medical
Cons: little advancement opportunities
Good work environment, team driven, friendly employers. new store managers on a two year rotation, did renew forklift and propane distribution training
N/A
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great job, loved everyone there. Was an honor working for a fantastic company. Would work there again if I had the opportunity.
Physical work, safe
Warehouse Person (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: time comsuming
Cons: working non-stop
Managers will help anyway possible to make the job easier for you, and find things that will make it better.

Loads of fun and they paid to little for the labor they're offering you.
Not enough growth
Cashier/Self check-out attendant/ Floor (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 26, 2015
They just hire youths they can pay minimum wage.

When a situation arises, they look to the supervisors/ managers. Whom dont take into consideration what actually occured.

For the most part it was a good experience, i just got REALLY tired of the pay, but then again thats what everyone complains about
everyday adds to my learning experience
Hardware Sales Associate (Current Employee), 1019 Sheppard Avenue East Willowdale, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Mostly the work consists of dealing with customers, finding products for them or solutions to their problems, i did construction for a while so i have indepth knowledge about certain things. everybody is friendly and helpful. It hasn't been long since i started working, but so far its been a great experience
Cashier cdn tire
Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 26, 2015
My job was part time I did enjoy working here but I found that things changed from my previous years I wanted something different and left trying to find something more fulfilling
good place to learn the parts of vehicale
Parts Department/Cashier (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: long boring nights when its dead
I would build bikes. i would mantain the isle and keep the product fluch with the shelves. i would keep the shelves stock up with product. i would do basic cleaning in the isle like sweeping them making sure there is no garbage laying around.
we do receving and call back
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 23, 2015
i am still working there i like that place but only reson i am leaving i am looking for pemenent job
great work environment people were great to work with
Co-Op placement (Former Employee), brampton onJanuary 23, 2015
we would always keep busy with cleaning up the wear house our helping people who needed help
I like working at Canadian Tire
Upper Warehouse (Former Employee), Yorkton Sask.January 23, 2015
Pros: learning the different produces
Cons: the drive
I liked working at Canadian Tire in Yorkton. I just found the drive was hard, winter driving was bad from Melville to Yorkton.
over all it has a good working condition
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 22, 2015
They are good employer but I am looking for a better position.
Canadian Tire Assoc. Store Barrie
Service Advisor (Current Employee), Barrie On.January 22, 2015
You work the required amount of hours (1000) then you are eligible to participate in the profit sharing program. Then they will cut your hours(13) so the payout is considerably less for you to build your future.They will hire new employees and work them until the required hours are up and I would imagine do the same thing.
Seasonal/Outdoors dept. employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: profit sharing, good work environment
Cons: (some) rude customers, little opportunity for advancement (as a student)
Typical day at work may include any of the following: making sales, cleaning up department's section of the store, stocking shelves, organizing product on shelf or in warehouse, cleaning up messes left by customers, talking to customers, offering retail advice to customers, offering mechanical advice to customers on products handled by our store (by our department specifically), collecting carts from parking lot, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, setting up / taking down displays, BBQ/patio furniture assembly, aisle reconstruction at seasonal changeover periods, and loading/unloading vehicles.

Gained insight into retail work. Learned to manage customers (often several at once).

Fellow employees were main reason for staying as long as I did. Work environment friendly, management fairly personable.

Hardest part of the job was staying helpful, polite, and attentive in front of customers who were decidedly not.

Most enjoyable part of the job was my fellow employees.
work
MERCHANDISER, WAREHOUSE, SALES CLERK (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 19, 2015
I absolutely loved doing what i did at work & the hours were greati took great pride in my job.Some Management and room for advancement not so great.Co-workers were amazing.as were the regular shoppers we had
Did not mind working for Canadian Tire
Cashier (Former Employee), brampton, ONJanuary 18, 2015
It was an okay job to have. I have had an experience to work for such a big corporation.
Fun place to work
Service Manager (Current Employee), Stettler, ABJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: fast paced, learn new skills
Cons: wages
Great work environment with a fun bunch of colleague..s always room to lean new skills
Productive, but not a fun workplace
Sales Associate - Sporting Goods (Current Employee), 2129 St. Clair Avenue WestJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: meeting great co-workers
Cons: long hours, bad management
Some management were very nice to work with and some on the other hand were...well...very rude and didn't engage with their employees very much.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working closely with my co-workers. I built relationships with them throughout the last 7.5 years and it has been fun.

The hardest part of the job would have to be working nights and then coming in mornings. Plus as a part-time worker your weekends are ruined because of work.
Fun, easy going workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Woodbridge, ONJanuary 15, 2015
- Typical day includes stocking shelves, and using team work throughout each work day
- Management puts trust in employees, not always watching over everyone
- Co-workers are considerate and easy to work with
- Hardest part of the job would be dealing with angry customers
- Most enjoyable part of the job are working with my co-workers.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2015
My manager was great and the work was good.
A typical day at work was making aisles and stocking products into the aisle.
I learned about using a scanner and how to read product names.
The hardest part of the job was that it was only a co-op experience and it didn't last long.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the positve work environment.
Good work environment
Service Manager (Former Employee), Queensway & 427, Toronto, And Bradford locationsJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: able to set my own hours as needed
Cons: sometimes the hours needed were long and consistent
Most days consisted of clients coming in for service and repairs, Dealing with employees concerns, Meeting with the dealer on how the department was advancing, Meeting with equipment manufacturers on our needs, Dealing with suppliers.

Most co-workers were friendly and interested.

I found the hardest part of the position to be scheduling employees hours.

The position was enjoyable

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos