Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,633 reviews matching the search
Accountability
CTC Trainer Palletflow/Caseflow Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 23, 2016
Management needs to be held accountable for misguided practices and for power tripping crew leads. Some crew leads need sensitivity training and re-training on being human
Productive and good work environment
Audit Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 23, 2016
Good work/Life balance and mutual respect for Co-workers
Long Hours required when there is a need
The enjoyable part is the team work with as well as getting to work with various functions and levels from associate to top level management.
Long commute to work.
Pros
Respect for Indiviual
Cons
Long commute
It is a good and useful website
Service Adviser (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 23, 2016
Good one i this web site this website for many years and really helpful. This Company is great for surviving job as well as permanent job
Great Place to Work - poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 23, 2016
Great place to work, unfortunately change in management soured the work environment to a poor work life balance. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable
Great stepping stone. "A great day at Canadian Tire"
Sales Associate in the seasonal department (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
Typical day:
-Filling shelves
-Cleaning aisles
-Interacting with customers
-Rain checks
-Hole count sheet
-Selling BBQ's and patio sets

Learned:
- To be patient and respectful at all times
- Acquired knowledge about many products (Lawnmowers, BBQs, gardening products, auto products)
-Effective communication skills

Management:
-Very accommodating to scheduling
-Boss and Managers were friendly and approachable
-Motivated and complimented me on good work and mentioned areas of improvement.

Coworkers:
- Felt at times i had to carry most of the weight
- Felt as times at wasn't always a team effort
-Close knit environment that for some people they would find it hard to differentiate a person being a friend or a coworker.
- I liked how seasonal associates were spread out (front seasonal, back seasonal, garden centre) So the tasks were divided.

Hardest part of job:
-Telling the customers we don't have a product in stock when the computer shows that we have it. It makes me feel guilty that i can not provide the best service to try to deliver that product in their hand.

Enjoyable part:
- Helping customers :) Before working at Canadian Tire i had not dealt with many customers since i was working in a warehouse. Now when i entered a job where it was the primary task was to interact and be in the front line serving customers it was a much needed change . I really enjoyed communicating and interacting with customers and I love being challenged with new situations everyday. It was a great time and i hope to find a job helping others!
Pros
friendly and approachable staff, Staff always ready to hear feedback, One hour lunches, "We care" appreciation gift cards, Employee of the month, profit sharing, work party at a dining hall, door open policy
Cons
gave me 12-9 pm only, Comfortable environment(wanted more challenge, new environment)
problem solving
Auto Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
A typical day at work is customer and technician usually..problem solving and improvising ……..team work is the easiest way of completing tasks and with that it is very fun solving big problems as a team ...
great enviroment to work
shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 18, 2016
enjoyed working here only left because was far driving distance from home.
they treated the employees well and great schedule
Great work experience
Store Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 18, 2016
Store setup and preparation for owner hand over is a tedious project. Change of management excites some staff and to others is dreaded.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Little to no benefits
great place to work
General labourer (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMay 17, 2016
always fun and interesting. great people to work with and willing to help always. everyone gets to work at a good pace and learn about the store and how it's run.
Pros
work at own pace.
Cons
All in all a good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABMay 17, 2016
Despite the somewhat irritated customers my time at Canadian Tire was worth the experience. It allowed me to better my interpersonal skills.
Pros
Scheduled breaks
Cons
Not enough time to sit down
Productive and fast paced enviroment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 17, 2016
days started at 5 am and went to 3 pm, management and coworkers were understanding and helpful. two breaks were given which you were not allowed to leave the premise forcing you to either bring a lunch or buy from their cafe.
working at canadian tire
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSMay 17, 2016
Worked with the public,I learned how to do cash stock shelves, management was good,my co-workers were easy to get along with,I never had a hard part of the job I liked meting new people.
great fun workplace nor room for advancement
Prep cook / grill cook (Current Employee) –  by town grillMay 17, 2016
working at the canadian tire centre is a great place to work its fun, you work with nice people but they have no room for moving up in the system ive been there for 3 years now and i have not recieved any sort of salary buff or anything like that i have been doing the same work for the 3 years looking for more out of them
Pros
you get one free meal a shift and you get to hang out with some cool people
Cons
traffic, no raise
productive and team building
Ware house staff (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 17, 2016
I had a very productive work environment. I learned skills in customer service and workplace interpersonal skills.
I perfected my time management skills during my time there.
I enjoyed the comaraderie of the team environment. I hope to further hone these skills with future employment.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
split shifts
Great employees
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2016
Typical day at work is being a cashier and also dealing with people at customer service returning items.
I learned great customer service, dealing with the public all day and making customers satisfy about there experience.
The management is not the best since i started at canadian tire i have had 5 different cash managers.
My co-workers are great people and their presence makes you want to be at work.
The hardest part of my job is requesting hours, when your not in school you need money to live life and management has a hard time giving people more hours compared to people who are in school and getting more hours.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being around people who understand you.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Not a great place to work
vehicle service tech (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 15, 2016
Repair and maintain all type of vehicles. The sense of accomplishment was great when things went well. unfortunately, the more honest of a mechanic you are,at a place like this, the less you make, on the average.
Fun, hard-working business
Salesclerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 14, 2016
Managing stock, sharpening skates during the winter months, providing information to the customer about the items in the locked cabinets, product labeling and identifying, inventory search and product display. Learned about how to find where the product is in storage via PKU/SKU codes, learned how to sharpen skates. Management was respectful and proactive with our understanding and the customer's understanding of the products in our department. Co-workers were inviting and respectful whilst working. Hardest part of the day was working with (sometimes) irate customers. Most enjoyable part was showing a customer a product that they don't know and explaining to them what the product does and how it can help them.
Pros
Respectful staff, entertaining environment, fascinating products
Cons
Energy consuming, constant multi-tasking.
work load is realy high
Capacity planning (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2016
I really like the culture, how ever the work load is high some times I had to work til late after work at home. Average salary rate, good benefits like discounts.
Don't work for kingston and st clair
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON.May 12, 2016
The store manager is A@#$ doesn't like people or he has problem with color people majority of people are white. The place look geto small location and area is small service. Worst place ever never ever work Azil the owner or store manager. The store manager has serious attitude problem.
Pros
Its Canadian Tire
Cons
The Store Manager or Owner is a big "D"
A very productive job with great communication
seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMay 12, 2016
I enjoyed my days of work at Canadian Tire and always made sure to show up on time or even earlier. I am very flexible with my time and I got work done efficiently. I learned a lot about the products I dealt with for example "top soil" and "black earth". The management was very approachable and typically friendly to both customers and employees alike. There were many employees working at once to get jobs done before closing. People would alternate from working and going on break when they needed to. The hardest part of the job was a lot of the tedious heavy lifting of patio blocks but I got used to them over time. The most enjoyable part of the job is how welcome I felt to be there, most people enjoyed what they were doing and everyone worked hard.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch
Cons
Can get very stressful with a lot of customers