Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Sales (Former Employee), Amherstburg, ONJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Free cookies
Cons: Uncooperative customers
A typical day working at Canadian Tire would include stocking shelves, helping customers with whatever they needed help with whether it be finding an item or other questions. Dealing with rude customers was difficult, but helping everyone was well worth it.
a good place to work at
Oil Lube tech (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJuly 31, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: normal work hours
go to work and do oil changes on cars and truck. change and balance tires. clean shop and maintain a clean work space. was an over all great place to work.
The dealer of the store makes all the difference.
General Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJuly 30, 2015
I was with CT for 15 years and worked for numerous Dealers (owners) and the company is only as good as the Dealer. Some were fantastic and life was good while others can be very difficult to work for. I will not go back again.
Enjoyable and fun workplace
Auto technician (Former Employee), Markham and LawrenceJuly 29, 2015
Pros: friendly workers and customers
Cons: hevy job
A typical day at work was just getting into uniform and perform work orders.
Learned a lot about becoming a mechanic and how fun and hard it could be at any time.
Management, strict but fun to work with.
Co-workers were fun, understanding and easy going.
Hardest part of the job was lifting objects in place to be fixed onto a vehicle.
Most enjoyable part of the job was having fun and working with amazing co-workers and enjoying working on vehicles.
Avoid at all costs
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2015
Cons: Long hours, few rewards, no appreciation
Overtime is required without pay, advancements are few and far between, loyalty is not valued. Lack of focus and direction from all levels of management down to individual contributors.
Amazing work atmosphere
Customer Service and Cashier, Warehouse, Trainer (Current Employee), Aylmer, ONJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Being able to work with people
Cons: Pay isn't the best
I have been with Canadian Tire in Aylmer for three years now and have made many new friends with coworkers and customers. It's always a positive atmosphere and I love meeting new people everyday.
Contract position
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 26, 2015
Interesting and very educational in regards to SAP and other tools that were needed to analysis the stores.

Some stores were easy to analyze and other were very time consuming.

Some of the store managers needed to provide a lot of information and explanations.
teamwork
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2015
Pros: locate is great
Cons: crazy hours
My day would start by checking all the sale item's and making sure they are full and helping the customer's out when they need help,I would put out labels (sale) ,stocking shelves ..I learn to be good customer service ,management there were hard workers and so are the co workers ,the hardest thing working there is bring the stock down and the most enjoyable part working there the co worker's there.
Good workplace environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Port Hawkesbury, NSJuly 24, 2015
Pros: liked my work and made day go by fast.
Cons: Wanted more hours.
Helped customers find products. Put out products on shelves and cleaned up after myself. Rang in customers items and gave total. Took customers money and gave change back if any and bagged there items. Cleaned around work areas. Very happy at work because customers were nice to me which made me enjoy being there. Co-workers and I worked as a team to help things go smoother when busy or stressful. If I had a difficult customer, I tried turning there attitude around so they were smiling leaving the store.
Enjoyable Job, Wonderful staff and customers
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaJuly 22, 2015
Typical day at work would include duties such as:
- Stocking shelves with new merchandise or
restocking on sold out items.

- Printing labels
- Placing new price tags, sale tags, clearance tags, etc..
Fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), OttawaJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Friendly Staff
Cons: Low salary
Its a fun place to work with dedicated employees. Good for students and those people who understand the technical products as they have so many.
10+ years of experience as Business Analyst and over 20 years of experience in business analysis, deployment and web development, developing business
Sr. Business System Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2015
• Involved into various business operations:
• Conducted or participated in feasibility analysis, Project scoping and provided Project work estimates;
• Worked closely with project Stakeholders, SMEs, and staff to understand requirements and specifications for new application along with re-engineering the existing applications;
• Collaborated closely with global technical, legal, sales, and other – more... teams to uncover requirements then to document those requirements so they may be developed into a useful, useable system;
• Responsible for JAD session facilitation. Gathered, synthesized and prioritized requirements using Interviews, Document analysis, Requirements Workshop, Site visits, and Surveys;
• Developed and managed requirements artifacts: Requirements Specifications, Business Process (BPMN), Process Modeling, Conceptual/Logical Data Modeling, Activity/Use Cases/ Savvion diagrams; Business Rules and Functional/Non-functional Requirements, UI Mock-ups etc.
• Documented detailed analysis of E2E business processes, Functional/Technical design Requirement, Workflow mapping, Data modeling, etc. for multi-platform, multi-tier and multi-client/partner environments – less
Productive and Fun!
Operations Dispatcher & Vendor Support (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 20, 2015
I enjoy working at Canadian Tire, it is an awesome company to learn and grow from! I have learned a lot in my time here and I would like to continure to learn and grow.
Fast paced environment with friendly co-workers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Prince Albert, SKJuly 17, 2015
Working at Canadian Tire has been a wonderful experience.
The co-workers are wonderful and the management is just as good. The most enjoyable part of my job here is the feeling of satisfaction when you can turn a customer's day from bad to good just by helping them locate an item, or just listen to how their day is going. If you are a friendly, easy going person who is a fast learner I would definitely recommend applying here.
Great Place to work
Computer Operator (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Great people, good hours
Cons: No room for advancement
Canadian Tire has been great to me for the past 27 years but I do not fell there is anymore room for advancement or learning .
Need a new challenge !
job that they expect hard working back and pay low for them.
Fill crew, sales associate (Current Employee), oakville, ontarioJuly 16, 2015
the management try their best to work around people whom dont put enough effort into their work. a lot of the work is laborious, and some of the hours are a bit odd
Great place to start working
Service Advisor and Parts Counter Associate (Former Employee), Eglinton and Laird, Toronto , ONJuly 15, 2015
One of my first official employment places.I learned a lot in terms of business and customer service, especially in one of the highest car shop revenues in the GTA.
Good Job
Automotive Service Adviser (Former Employee), Bowmanville OntJuly 15, 2015
Helped customers with what they needed and gave suggestions when needed co-workers and management were friendly and helpful, I enjoyed helping customers
Canadian Tire is a great place to work. Customer service oriented store.
Retail Floor Clerk (Current Employee), Yellowknife, NTJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Profit sharing (some stores), scholarships (Canadian Tire University)
Cons: Not flexible schedule
As a Retail Floor Clerk, you have to deal with customers everyday. Making sure that you give them what they need and if not suggest alternatives.Lack of training specially to the department that I am working today which is Automotive Parts.
Great staff and customers
Seasonal Manager (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: staff
Cons: Upper management needs to learn how to manage people not whip them.
Lack of hours for staff members meant managers had to take up the slack making for some very long days and not enough time to cover all the customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos