Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,784 reviews matching the search
Real enjoyable job.Great boss.
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SKAugust 26, 2016
People work and have fun doing their task. I enjoy meeting new faces everyday. Never had the chance to move up the ladder. We had alot of changing of staff ,but i liked new faces. Not know things were. I enjoy the feeling of people as a team .Working for the same goals.
Pros
paying for uniforms
Cons
not early enough
Horrible
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2016
Mechanics call work that is not required. Management very poor. Salary Horrible to start. Company does not care about employees.
Soul-Sucking and Horrible management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2016
All of the managers at the Store I worked at were unproffessional and expected too much of their employees. They get annoyed when you ask questions about a task and either gossip about you behind your back or simply yell in your face if you muck something up. This lead to many of the employees coming and leaving in a bad mood and also creating a mediocre customer experience because of this. If you get hired at Canadian Tire, expect to hate your job after the first month.
Pros
Easy 80% of the time but boring
Cons
Terrible management
work place
Tire Installer and Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONAugust 25, 2016
its your typical exciting and interesting diverse community of co-workers and clientèle that makes your job fun.their always the chance for growth and possibilities around every corner.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
very diverse Hours
great company to work for
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BCAugust 25, 2016
A typical day at work is always a fun and an enjoyable experience. I can honestly say I do not remember having a bad day . I love the people I work with. We are a great group of employees there is aproximatly at any given time 70 to 80 employees and I get along with all. The hardest part is probably the irate customers . But that doesn't happen all the time . I just do my best and try to put my self in their shoes and their feelings . Things usually work out .
busy placement
Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 24, 2016
I stocked shelves, cleaned/organized the warehouse, offloaded shipments, collected shopping carts in the parking lot, helped customers and assembled bicycles.
Pros
always had something to do.
Cons
warehouse was small.
Great for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 24, 2016
Canadian Tire was great for a temporary job or being in school. Helping customers find desired products should be the main focus but ensuring shelves were stocked and neat is more the main responsibility. I learned the whole store very quickly although you are only really assigned to one department. You can see that when you are shopping in the store because most staff won't be able to help you if the item you are looking for is not in their department.
Great co-workers. Typical retail pay.
Automotive Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 24, 2016
The day to day at Canadian Tire is pretty straightforward: Help the customer and take care of the retail floor. As a manager the job is not hard but leaves a lot to be desired in terms of advancement. I firmly believe this has a lot to do with the fact that each store is individually owned. This being the case, there really is no program set in place to help employees advance their career.
Feels at home so much but very busy
Supervisor/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 24, 2016
Good management, kind and understanding. The best part of the job is, it is so busy that I didn't know that its time to go home. Its like a family to me.
Pros
free breakfast sometimes when we work so hard
Cons
my back is always sore at the end of the day sometimes
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ONAugust 24, 2016
Working for Canadian Tire was a great experience, dealing with customers every day is something I thoroughly enjoyed. I improved my customer service skills on my own and with the help of my co workers who had been there longer than I had. Working there was a fantastic learning experience for myself.
Pros
Friendly environment always
Hard-working environment
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 23, 2016
Canadian Tire was a great place to get situated in work. The warehouse was clean and very professional. Every employee had strived for success in their own way. I could never say anything bad about an employer, but to find another spot like this would be great.
Pros
Good lunch room
Cons
Too busy
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
I liked the job but it was not for me. It was a part time job that i enjoyed working because it was flexible and made good friends. I got to meet a lot of interesting people along the way
Excellent team work with great staff
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONAugust 22, 2016
Unloaded trucks in the morning and separated the products for staging on the store floor. Quarantining seasonal products for future sales or holidays. Learned how to use a RF gun for locating/unlocating items in the warehouse and floor using a Fast Find program. Trained to operate forklift which was used to transport skids of products into trucks or to the garden centre. Prepared schedules for a team of 9 under my supervision in the warehouse. Hardest part of the job was some excessive handling of large products (gazebos, treadmills, garden sheds) that were not placed on skids during shipping.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
commuting
New owner I guess he had a different vision than the old owner
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  5404 Dalton Dr NW Calgary ABAugust 20, 2016
Personally I enjoyed working for Canadian Tire.
The New Owner had his own vision as to how he wanted his store
to run therefore he made the adjustments necessary to accomplish
this.
busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 20, 2016
Lots of stock to put out and never enough time or help. Other staff members were very helpful most of the time but they were also overworked.
Pros
discount
Cons
manager sucked
Very nice people and environment
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONAugust 19, 2016
I recommend this place to the entry level and they offer apprentice program very nice people. Thanks to Canadian tire I learned a lot of things
Low stress environment providing responsibility
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONAugust 19, 2016
The average day as a part-time employee includes ensuring a well stocked department. Throughout each shift various tasks would be assigned while tending to customers. Before the store closed all departments would have to clean and fix up all isles to be prepared for the next morning. I learned all the responsibilities of managing a department by myself after the supervisor left. Also, to work with other department co-workers to provide information and satisfaction to all customers.
Pros
Low stress, easy-going job
Cons
Not the best hours
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NSAugust 18, 2016
Your daily routine depends on your shift, but is very well laid out. I have learned many things regarding customer service and consumers. At present, I have learned many things regarding the hardware department, cash and look forward to learning more.

All of my co-workers are great to work with. They are pleasant and always willing to help out.

The hardest part of my job are the physical requirements. The most enjoyable parts of my job include helping people, always having the opportunity to learn more, being responsible for your own department, working with great people, always having the opportunity to move forward and being compensated for your advancements.
Productive workplace, and friendly culture.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ONAugust 18, 2016
For the time I worked there, I enjoyed upper management, and getting to serve the general public. My fellow staff were very helpful in my first month or two getting to know the job, very comfortable with flexible hours.
Pros
Flexibility in hours
Cons
Schedule was printed just a day before the work week started
Great company with benefits
Sporting Goods Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 18, 2016
Worked for Canadian tire as Sporting Goods Supervisor, enjoyed the fast paced environment and the customer service. Enjoyed working with the General Public and working with co-workers.
Pros
Fast paced

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location