Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 1,823 reviews matching the search
Great culture
Category Business Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2016
CT had a great working environment and is a very collaborative workplace. Leadership team is very strong. The one downside is the lack of growth opportunities.
Pros
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
Productive but natural problems
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Canadian Tire for a first working experience is great because the teach you the wrongs and rights in a workplace and you learn the courage to stand up for wrong in a workplace and hope you don't get condemned for it. They have many faults that can be changed but it overall was eye opening experience. I gained insightful knowledge about the workforce and gained friends from it also.
Pros
Great Flexiblity
Cons
Long hours, Bad Pay
Your treated as a slave
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, ABSeptember 20, 2016
slave is all I can say they use you just to look good don't stand up to interviews after they get you in there to work we will just use him when time come we well let him go 1 month before before being with them for a year and wages
Pros
bad management
Cons
there are none
Great Staff to work with
Garden Centre Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 19, 2016
Canadian Tire is a great place to work. I have had a great 10 career with CTC. I have met a lot of great co workers that developed into great friendships. Hours can be rough but it is no different from any other retail job.
Pros
Free Lunchs
Cons
Never know the schedule for the up coming week until the 2 days before it started
Great company to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 19, 2016
I worked part time at Canadain Tire as a cashier. I left for a full time job at Zellers. It was a great company to work for with great training programs and profit sharing.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
part time when I needed full time at that time
More opportunity to grow
Gatehouse operating clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 19, 2016
Great morre opportunity to grow
The best part of the job its help yiu more to go up and level up yourself
And friendly surrounding
And learn to be part of the team
Pros
More benifits fir family
Cons
N/A
Good place
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Whitehorse, YTSeptember 18, 2016
Great place to work. Love Canadian tire. The co workers are the salt of the earth. Free lunches, great management, flexible ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!$$!$!!!!!!
Pros
Great benefits
Was not organied or ran fair at all
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ONSeptember 18, 2016
Many last minute scheduling, not enough staff, lost of doubles worked back to back. Gossip was daily, shifts were also not distributed fairly, sinuosity didn't matter.
Good learning environment, bad management
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ONSeptember 18, 2016
Fun and fast paced work, stocking, customer service. Unfortunately, abusive management at Espanola store mainly interested in the bottom line at employee's expense.
Pros
good starting point
Cons
Abusive management
need flexible schedule and be prepared to keep up
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 16, 2016
It is what you make of it. If you can put in long hours and keep up to the fast pace then you can succeed. Customer interaction can be rewarding yet difficult.
Pros
good people
Cons
long hours, not a set schedule, weekends, evenings etc
Always a fun and safe environment to work.
customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONSeptember 14, 2016
Everyday I learn something new and interesting. I learn to work under pressure and complicated situations in customer service. The fun part is interacting with customer and helping them with their questions and problems.
Good starting point for anyone looking for a job
Receiver/Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, ABSeptember 14, 2016
Canadian tire was good, I enjoyed learning new things for my job. Such tips to speed on processing trucks, or new items that make everyone life easier. The staff is friendly and willing to help out if needed. Hardest part of my job would be processing huge trucks by myself when others were busy with customers.
Pros
Friendly staff, good vibe, fun workplace
Cons
Exhusting work.
Amazing Employer!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deep River, ONSeptember 14, 2016
I loved loved LOVED working for Canadian Tire. The management was awesome. My fellow employee were wonderful. The Company was really good to work for. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I immensely enjoyed dealing with the public on a daily basis. I would have stayed longer but I had to register for Maternity Leave.
Fun at times
Auto Parts Counter (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONSeptember 13, 2016
Canadian tire St. Thomas was a good place to work, staff was friendly most of the time but the management could be a lot better on how the treat their employees.
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2016
Great work environment. The company seems to take very long to absorb employees working through employment agencies.

The people who do the hardest duties within the warehouse, just like most in Canada are the list paid, yet are do greater work loads and are more exposed to hazards.
Fun place to work, great team of people, productive and educational
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 12, 2016
A busy day at work was always guaranteed, I learned to deal with customers well and give people an easier shopping experience. The management was excellent and my co-workers were helpful, friendly and hard-working. The hardest part of the job was when the store was packed full of customers so it would be difficult to tend to every single person who needed help. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of being able to help a customer and seeing them walk away happy with the intended product and possibly more.
Pros
Flexible break times, free staff lunch or breakfast roughly once a month
Like Death warmed over
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 12, 2016
Not a place you want to be employed.
As an auto mechanic working Flat Rate you will starve.
No cars come into the shop. Then management blame the techs on poor productivity.
When you only have the opportunity to work on 2 - 3 cars in a twelve hour shift you have no chance of making any money.
On a good "busy" week I was averaging 20 hrs pay in a 40+ hour work week.
Astonishingly Shameful Management
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCSeptember 12, 2016
I spent about 3 weeks of my life wasting away working for the imbeciles that manage the Port Coquitlam location. The management staff are some of the most annoying , uneducated stuck up , grumpy , old and revolting people ever !

This .... FILTH of management should all be sifted through and replaced .
They do not understand how to train employees as every staff member despised many of them. Nor do they follow their own company rules.

I would have rather spent my days spent in a cesspit than having to deal with the baffoons that work in said store .
Pros
Lowest staff members were cool
Cons
Management is revolting
productive and keep's you busy at all times
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 10, 2016
A typical day at work is helping customers and pulling skids from the warehouse. If there are no skids then we usually fill empty shelves and clean up the store to make it look nice.
Good Company
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2016
It s a reliable company to work for.
the insurance is perfect as well as the work enviroment
this company good for doing as transitional job

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location