Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,637 reviews matching the search
Try not working as the picker
Order Picker/ General Labour (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 August 2017
Gets very hot, the head gear makes you go crazy sometimes and feels like it is making you go bald. Sometimes the pallets you have to pick up and extremely tough to pick up. Picking up hundreds of oil cartoons (4*3.76L) fast paced per day sometimes makes you sore. Honestly, if the pay wasn't decent I would have never even thought of working here.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Almost everything else
great place to work
Inventory Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 August 2017
Amazing salary and shifts rotations, great benefits and very diverse.
would love the opportunity to work there again. The company gives back to emolyees in so many ways.
Good Place
CUSTOMER CARE/WAREHOUSE/LOGISTICS (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB21 August 2017
You can either choose to work day shifts or closing shifts. Both have different advantages and disadvantages to them. Overall I have enjoyed this job a lot, don't have any complaints.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Cant not take a lunch on certain departments
Good work environment
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville21 August 2017
Excellent part-time job for those looking to supplement their income.i enjoy working with CT Corp and will continue working for them as they are willing to work around my schedule.
environnement stressant
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Saint-leonard, QC20 August 2017
Il est difficile de comprendre la caisse au début de la formation , il faut beaucoup de temps avant de s'y habituer et ne pas faire d'erreurs.
It was alright.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 August 2017
It was an alright job. The job was quite good at the beginning, but later on, as I became part of the culture it felt as though it was very unorganized and all of a sudden I was working 5 days a week.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Moved everybody out of my department
Terrible Work Environment
Parts Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 August 2017
Having Canadian Tire Stores owned individually is the worst idea for this company because your owner will determine your experience with the company and generally the owners are not very good because they are to cheap to pay their top employees to keep them around and for the most part treat there employees poorly
Pros
Enjoyed the youthful co-workers which turned into friends
Cons
bad pay, not enough employees, immature managers that aren't ready for the role
Toxic Environment
Customer Care Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2017
It's not a problem if you're new really. You still aren't comfortable so you're unaware of the toxic environment. Customers expect you to be an expert on every thing and are rude when you don't know an answer. The management was quite petty at times.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Hours, managements, environment
Have to watch senior manager
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2017
Worked at a store in service as a manager/forman. for 2years. Got canned for no reason. Excuse was economy. Also some of the techs couldnt fix a bicycle.
Pros
decent working hours
Cons
not being able to voice opinions for the better
Bad Management and Unsafe
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 August 2017
Horrible rude and inefficient management with poor work conditions leading to many of my colleagues to leave due to bad backs or wrists. Very rude and tired staff no one likes working there even a little.
Pros
1h Lunch
Cons
Bad Management, Body Strain, Poor Hours, Unfriendly Environment
Great place to start at and grow your career as well
Cashier-Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC18 August 2017
Summary of job duties:
Assisting customers
Checking customers on the cash registers
Returning/exchanging products
Dealing with warranty concerns
Answering phone calls, addressing concerns and helping find the products requested
Communicated with other stores about inventories on behalf of customers
Provided knowledgeable advice regarding different products and helped obtained products that were out of stock
Canadian Tire has provided me excellent training and effective ways to communicate to customers, knowledge regarding products and store systems
Pros
Great environment, friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, bad pay
Area manager is not very supportive of retailer
Retailer (Former Employee) –  Bancroft, ON17 August 2017
Poor company management, due to the fact the area manager and my self did not see eye to eye. She had her plans, and that her plans seems to be right all the time, even though I was store manager, she know better than me about the area and culture of people.
i found it to be a very stressful job
Self Serve Gas Bar Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON17 August 2017
i learned a lot from working here. i had to always count and the money at the end of shift and the lotto tickets. i also have to change the price of gas on the pumps.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ON16 August 2017
I highy enjoyed working at Canandian Tire! It was a great experience filled with new thigs to learn! I learned how to use the cash, work the floor and deal with upset costumers. As well as the learning, I also had great hours balancing my schedule
Friendly and family oriented, teamwork place
Cashier/Customer Service/office assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 August 2017
I work 90% at the office , doing balancing and imputing information in computer when done I go to the floor and assist cashiers and customer service.
Pros
team work
Cons
not enough hours
Good Company
Category Analyst - Paint/Team Sports/Target Sports (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
Good benefits and pleasant working environment. It is a very fast paced environment but promotes a team work for the most part. The majority of the day is spent analyzing numbers.
Shelf Stocker (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC12 August 2017
All the staff and including the owner to very good to each employee.
they compensate all the good job that you have on the company.
They treat all the staff as there second family.
All around a decent experience
Auto Parts Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 August 2017
The staff were nice and helpful

Typical day included stocking and helping customers with products as well as suggesting products. On top of that they give adequate training to their newcomers and try to help them settle into the company.
Productive and challenging place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 August 2017
Every day is busy day, learned a lot about Canadian corporation etiquette and team work. Management are very helpful. Workplace culture is respectful and friendly. Hardest part was making decision on some questions, since Canadian Tire is huge Corporation a lots of people involved to the simple processes.
Pros
Parties and free lunches, entertainment
Cons
Distance to the office
goood people to work with
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 August 2017
I enjoy working at Canadian tire and I enjoy the people I work with . I get along with everyone. under certain circumstances I need to find something else. I am a cashier, I take all kinds of payments. Fishing licenses. I also know how to use the rf scan gun. I do price changes about 3 times a week and have also worked in the "as-is" program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval