Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 1,915 reviews matching the search
Very little regard given to staff commitment or development
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 December 2016
CDN Tire is a franchise operation which results in frequent management/owner changes. Unfortunately it can be difficult adjusting to these changes. It appears that the trend is to hire part time students at minimum wage without benefits.
Pros
Vehicle service discounts
Cons
No salary increases. normal to go 2-3 years or longer without
disorganized
Tire/Lube tech (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB3 July 2016
a typical day of work was to come in tidy the shop while waiting for a list from management of the daily tasks he/she would like completed for the day. the tasks could be anything from my job title of tire and lube technician. to service/parts writer, to stock boy, to maintence or janitorial duties through the store, to a builder of large stock items to custom pieces of equipment to fit what purpose would be needed in the store. I loved that there was only the journeyman and myself in the shop, it allowed me to go way past the position of being a tire/lube tech, aswell hoping that it would also earn my way to the position of my apprenticeship (after receiving my new journeyman).
The reason for my leave from Canadian tire was due to no benefits after 2 years, no apprenticeship, aswell the management being so disorganised, dysfunctional and creating several arguments with not only the staff but the customers, As I did not want to build my name and reputation in an environment such as that and took on the statistics Canada position full time and have had a blast ever since.
Pros
tonnes of 1 on 1 and hands on exspierence
Cons
no benefits, no apprenticeship after 1.5 years
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
I learned a lot of thing in this job like handling customers to give a good service for them. it is good to work here meeting nice people and being friendly with my co-workers. The hardest part of the work is lifting heavy things for some customers but the most enjoyable part of the job is they appreciate your hard work.
Pros
nice people to meet and talk with
Cons
low salary
Overall Canadian Tire is a great place to work...
DEPARTMENT MANAGER / ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB28 June 2016
Over the years Canadian Tire has evolved with the times, it is a fast paced exciting enviroment... The best part of the job is the interactions with not only the customers but with the staff themselves. I have put in many long hours over the years but always see the fruits of my labors.
Pros
Benefits were good, profit sharing
Cons
Many long hours, not getting stat days.
Good Environment to have a first job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON13 April 2016
CT is a great place to have a first job, I work in a fast pace area that requires multi-tasking. I do returns, cash purchases,stock shelves, and simple household cleaning. I also train all the new cashiers hired at the store. I have learned lots in regards to working with people, I learned how to become very well at multi-tasking, and I learned to work well in a team environment. Management is good, they are very easy to work with and are considerate when needing help with time off, assisting with bad situations with customers etc. The hardest part of the job is trying to balance everything at once. You have returns, regular cash, the phones ringing as well as the cashiers asking you questions which makes it difficult because there is so much going on at one time.
Pros
Meeting lots of new people, creating great friendships.
Cons
Not enough hours. I feel I should be paid a little more for the load of work I do, You get a 10 cent raise if you work over 1200 hours a year, which is not often.
Great place to work if you love working with people!
PARTS ADVISOR/SERVICE WRITER (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB25 May 2016
If you are willing to work, be dependable, apply yourself and learn new things, there is a great amount of knowledge you can acquire, and usually room for advancement. The pay was good, benefits were good, no shortage of hours available to those who would work them. The management I worked for were great people, who put pride into their work, and pushed us to as well.
Pros
Great staff, Birthday lunches
Cons
No-shows/working short-staffed
Good place to work if you're a corporate lover
Web Designer (eLearning) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2016
A great place to work if you're into corporate culture. There are some fairly good benefits, but don't expect the greatest "competitive" salaries. CT boasts about 7.5 hr work days, but your days are 8.5 hrs long due to an hour unpaid lunch (not worth it imo). Management can be good or bad, depending on where you are. They struggle with getting rid of poor performers however.

I do love the flexible hours and being a part of a smaller department, which is fairly close-knit. They're continuously hiring younger people so it feels more like a young company and not so old-school. I love all the sports partnerships and the involvement in the community.
Pros
flexible hours, profit sharing
Cons
8.5 work day
lots of daily tasks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2016
bad management
rude employees
new and returning customers
no benefits
high staff turnover
low compensation
too much work drama
no advancement
Pros
Usually busy
Cons
bad management, too much drama
good show
Technician (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 October 2016
Canadian tire is a place where you can start from the bottom and with hard work can work your way to the top with raises and job security, would work for again
Fun productive work place.
Automotive parts technician (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON5 October 2016
I am not shy when it comes to working extra hours, but it's sad to say that my current position that I'm working deos not pay enough. Which has put me back on the job hunt
Pros
Everyone is very friendly
Cons
Salary is not enough
Good products, good innovations, good atmosphere
Canadian Tire Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB24 May 2016
Canadian Tire Corporation offers benefits and profit sharing to staff of a certain length of tenure. Safety policies and on-line training is available, though some is only available at the store which means spending off-time at work without remuneration.

However, there is room for advancement and moving among departments.
Pros
friendly fellow staff
Cons
need full time hours
Good place
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT18 September 2016
Great place to work. Love Canadian tire. The co workers are the salt of the earth. Free lunches, great management, flexible ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!$$!$!!!!!!
Pros
Great benefits
great fun workplace nor room for advancement
Prep cook / grill cook (Current Employee) –  by town grill17 May 2016
working at the canadian tire centre is a great place to work its fun, you work with nice people but they have no room for moving up in the system ive been there for 3 years now and i have not recieved any sort of salary buff or anything like that i have been doing the same work for the 3 years looking for more out of them
Pros
you get one free meal a shift and you get to hang out with some cool people
Cons
traffic, no raise
Great enviroment to work in, easy to get alomg with other staff
Sales associate/ Aisle maintenance/ Fill Crew (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 June 2016
Overall Canadian Tire was a great place to work at. The people were very helpful and managers were very easy to get along with. Of course all jobs have bad days but there were not very many bad days at Canadian Tire.
Pros
Great management team, Hardworking people, Great benefits
Cons
Disrespectful customers
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
A good job to start off in. As a part - time worker there are no benefits or wage increases. Provides good customer service experience . Many Canadian Tire locations
Learning platform
Transload Planning Analyst (/ Logistics Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 June 2016
- Regular work pressure, not very hectic
- lot of learning exposure
- Best part is Job Rotations , which give a way to learn and grow.
- Management is very supportive
- a lot of benefits you get being a Canadian Tire Employee like the employee discounts , Jay's match tickets / holiday .. etc :)
Fun work place very productive
Wearhouse personnel (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON30 November 2016
All in all a great place to work great benefits and future plans , only down side was the wages.
Would recommend everyone to get involved with canadian tire.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Pay rate
More opportunity to grow
Gatehouse operating clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 September 2016
Great morre opportunity to grow
The best part of the job its help yiu more to go up and level up yourself
And friendly surrounding
And learn to be part of the team
Pros
More benifits fir family
Cons
N/A
Horrible
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2016
Mechanics call work that is not required. Management very poor. Salary Horrible to start. Company does not care about employees.
Fun place to work, great team of people, productive and educational
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2016
A busy day at work was always guaranteed, I learned to deal with customers well and give people an easier shopping experience. The management was excellent and my co-workers were helpful, friendly and hard-working. The hardest part of the job was when the store was packed full of customers so it would be difficult to tend to every single person who needed help. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of being able to help a customer and seeing them walk away happy with the intended product and possibly more.
Pros
Flexible break times, free staff lunch or breakfast roughly once a month