Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work for.
Mechanical Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: talking to customers.
Cons: working saturdays
1. Every day I changed oil or rotated tires on customers vehicles.
2. I learned how to balance and change tires.
3. The management were very helpful.
4. The workers were helpful
5. Hardest part of the job was working on the weekend.
6. The enjoyable part was talking to customers about potential problems with their car if any should pop-up.
Productive and challenging position.
PROMOTIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCMarch 3, 2015
If you like to work - actually work - for a living, there is always something to do from the tedious to the more challenging aspects of retail work. Drawback are lousy customers and some poor management skills.
Steady company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 2, 2015
Canadian Tire is a steady company in a mature industry. Has a lot of opportunities for growth. Good experience to add to your resume.
A relaxed work environment
Senior Associate Business Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, OntarioMarch 1, 2015
Pros: relaxed work environment
Cons: long commute from ajax to oakville each day
My time with Canadian Tire was limited however my time with the company was enjoyable.

I had joined the newly launched Home Services division of the company from Sears Canada where I had a number of years of previous experience. It was great to be part of the team responsible for launching a new line of business for the company.
fun workplace
Cashier duties (Former Employee), Sylvan Lake, ABFebruary 27, 2015
I got to set up the store when it was being built and got to learn how to read planograms.
The staff was awesome and I enjoyed the job.
Typical Retail
Part-time sales associate (Former Employee), 7599 King George Hwy, Surrey, BC V3W 5A8February 25, 2015
Pros: 10% items.
Cons: inconsistent hours, incompetent upper management, uncompromising bosses.
There was no compromise with the higher staff.
Co-workers were supportive when they could be but everyone wanted to be there as little as possible and most people stayed because they hadn't gotten a new job yet. In the year I worked there almost the entire staff had changed to new faces.
Management went so far as to question why you had a day as N/A on availablility and wouldn't let people trade shifts under any circumstances. It went so far as a schedule was put up for when everyone could take their half hour break. 15 minute breaks were highly frowned upon.
If the General Manager felt like it, they literally would make up an excuse out of nowhere and cut shifts down on staff, even if it was during busy season.
Whenever anyone talked to the owner about concerned they would dismiss it and say staff had to work harder to "Help [them] keep they lifestyle they were accustomed to."
This completely spoilted retail for me and I'll only consider going into retail again if I'm completly desperate.
Fun workplace, great people
Cashier (Former Employee), Ancaster ONFebruary 25, 2015
I would normally go into work and be on cash (depending on the day from 4-8 hours)
Management was really awesome and I had some great co-workers
Basic hardware store retail environment
Manager, Parts (Current Employee), Victoria B.C.February 24, 2015
Pros: flexibility with schedule, staff association functions (i.e. bowling, lunches)
Cons: upper management and office staff
Working for Canadian Tire is a great opportunity to learn and push through challenges that you might not find in other workplaces. Also having a close team relationship allows everyone to enjoy their job and feel accomplishment at the end of a shift. As any retail manager dealing with difficult customers is one of the more challenging things to do, but with the returns and warranty manuals provided by Canadian Tire it makes those decision a lot more clear cut, not only for the employee but also the customer. I feel working for Canadian Tire has taught me many valuable real world lessons and given me experience that I will use for the rest of my life.
very motivated and proctive work
Team Leader - Receiving (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: sometime not enough help
-Off-loading transports
-lifting extremely heavy equipment
-working with a forklift
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: breaks and lunches
Cons: not enough hours
i really loved working here, great people.
learned so much about customers.
enjoyed cutting keys
mangers were great
loved my co workers greta people
Excellent for learning about dealing with customer needs.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OnFebruary 21, 2015
It was a very good place for me to increase my work ethic and learn about dealing with customers.
I've learned that the customer is always right and my co workers where willing to assist me when i first began working there.
its bored
Cleaner (Former Employee), toronto, OnFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: foucs clean
Cons: do not judge
no life for keep work this job clean cause its my job of my life thats why

i was always show work so hard because my hand is energy
Each place is different
Customer Service Returns (Former Employee), CranbrookFebruary 17, 2015
Every store has a different owner so they do vary. But over all I found this coporation a wonderful one to work for. I would work for this company again in a heart beat.
Great people work there
Automotive Service Manager (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: profit sharing
Demanding, but also rewarding when you do a good job. Helping customers is a gift that not many have. Thank You. good resources available when trained.
Great place to work. The Management needs some work in order to make things smooth when taking in customers vehicles.
Associate store #130 (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 11, 2015
A very wonderful place to be employed at. My co-workers are wonderful and are there to help if i am having issues. When the whole team is in great space we complete a lot of jobs and also very smooth.
friendly and less stress environment to work
Technical Specialist - Workstation Support (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, productive
working at the company , i learned alot about financial software support and most windows 7 migration support.
working under less supervision , so more responsible and problem solving
Everyone was supportive, and quick to lend a helping hand.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Everyone was supportive, and quick to lend a helping hand.
Easy to find my way around the store with little help.
Lunch/ break room was always clean and neat.
Fun fast-paced environment
Department Manager (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the people you work with
Cons: long hours
Working for Canadian Tire as a department manager can be a demanding but fulfilling job. Dealing with daily issues with both customers and staff can be challenging, and prepares you for dealing with high intensity scenarios.
good starting employer
Lube & Tire Technician (Former Employee), Fergus, ONFebruary 9, 2015
decent start in the auto service industry, enjoyable time spent in the shop. I would recommend for new and starting techs to get shop experience.
Horrible Experience
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Port Colborne, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: everything about the place.
Co workers stabbed people in the back.
management did not care about anyone or anything. Very lazy and not productive. They also have very little communication skills. No manager or owner for that matter knows how to run a business it was just unbelievable

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos