Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Nice staff
Team Lead (New store set-up) (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC16 October 2017
Hard to get a full picture as I was only there for the store set up. The staff that I interacted with was nice, professional and everyone pitched in to help.
Canadian tire
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB16 October 2017
Injoy working in clean nice areas and that's what Canadian tire store had. Injoy working with other people around the store great and easy to get along well with
co op postion
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2017
come in and check the back for stuff that needed to be stocked in the aisles

I learned how to provide customer service

management was friendly

hardest part was working and not getting paid

enjoyable part was the work was straight forward
Pros
socializing
Cons
no pay
Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK16 October 2017
I definitely learned a lot working at Canadian tire. I enjoyed the staff and everything I got to do there. I learned alot about paint lol. I enjoyed working with customers.
Job security and hour cuts
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 October 2017
The branch I work at consistently cuts my hours from a promised 32-40 to 23-29 without warning.
Management issues, they don't talk amongst themselves a lot, do stuff behind each others backs.
Warehouse/receiving a complete hazard cluttered with too much stock because of over ordering and poor hour management done by the schedule manager.
Pros
Not closing every night
Cons
Hours cut, unhelpful management, promises not kept
Enjoy customer interactions
Cashier & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB14 October 2017
Learned how to mix paint,sell hardware product.Also learned labeling price changes.Did some merchandising,cleaned and faced shelves. Also ran customer service and tills.
Pros
Liked helping customers
Cons
I Moved
Negative environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 October 2017
The management didn't care about having things like merchandising done correctly or cleanliness. They just focused on having this appear correct on the surface for corporate.

The store I worked for was very understaffed so everyone got very long hours and jobs that required a team were often done by one person.

Some managers were nice. Some managers just wanted you do to do their work and then take credit for it.

Bad place for students to work during the school year. They expect you to focus more on Canadian Tire then your schoolwork because they demand you to do 30 hours in addition to going to school full time.

The workplace culture is negative. Everyone hates their job and the people who work there hang out in little cliques. Lots of nepotism. Workplace politics are rampant. Occasional co-worker backstabbing.

Working there has given me good retail experience but working there was extremely negative for me emotionally.
Pros
Some managers and co-workers are nice
Cons
long hours, understaffed, nepotism, cliques
Not an enjoyable work experience.
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 October 2017
Poor training and management. Was not an enjoyable work experience. Store was under staffed and put extra stress on the employees. Long hours and often had to fight for pay.
Pros
Freidnly Co-Workers
Cons
Poor management
Great place to work with extremely nice staff
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL13 October 2017
I absolutely loved my job at Canadian tire in St Johns. It was a great place to work, nothing was too hard but it also was busy enough to not drag the day out. The staff were amazing to work alongside, and the management were great, they'd help with any issues you had if you were new or didn't know something
Pros
Free lunches, holiday free snacks, etc.
Cons
Low staffed in some areas
it was very fullfilling
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 October 2017
i really had a wonderful boss and the owner was a very nice person to work for .the enviroment was great we were always busy and hardly ever complication ever arose.
Pros
free pizza nights once a month and we had great christmas parties
Cons
when you worked in the area and had to do heavy lifting
Great Canadian company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
Great place to start your career as many of their processes are well established so training is in depth. A lot of young hires right out of university so it's a great place to start networking and building peer relationships.
Pros
Key location at Yonge and Eglinton, Young workforce
Cons
Average pay
Great management team
Fixture Administrative Coordinator, Store Design (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON11 October 2017
I worked at a head office location called "retail city" where merchandise was set up prior to being available in stores. It was an interesting and creative envirornment
Canadian Tire
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON11 October 2017
Job position on the back room breaking for only the down the boxes Taking out the garbage and returning the carts inside the store and sweeping the floor
Fun atmosphere, great employees
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 October 2017
Overall working for Canadian Tire was a good experience. Great team work and reliable employees. Very Reasonable hours as well as understanding and flexible management.
Environement agréable
Caissier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 October 2017
j’ai bien aimé cette entreprise au Canadian Tire et j’ai aquis beaucoup d’expérience au niveau de la vente et du service à la clientèle.
Pros
bonne ambiance
Cons
pas de possibilité d’avancement
fun workplace with great staff
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 October 2017
i found myself happy and safe to work at Canadian Tire, they are a great staff and very considerate of changes that need to be made. I would work here again.
Balanced and productive
Analyst, IT Financial Management (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 October 2017
Balanced and productive, no drama, clear vision of goals and proper execution. Communication flow is always open and suggestions are encouraged. Pleased.
facile
caissière (Former Employee) –  La Tuque, QC10 October 2017
Quand même facile comme emploi.Savoir gèrer un systeme caisse ,faire un peu de facing
Average workplace
Sports Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL10 October 2017
The job itself was enjoyable and wasn't too stressful on its employees, but management was not what I was expecting. Little job security to it's hard working employees.
It was an unorganized environment with little to no supervision.
Warehouse Worker/Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
I wouldn't work at this exact location but i would work for Canadian Tire again. The managers were rude and also gave myself and other works no appreciation for finished work or outstanding work. I was only ever put down in the workplace and then released after the three month contract. There were ten new employees when i started in January and when i ended there were only another Worker and myself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.