Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work place
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), KanataMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Amazing General Manager, Great staff to work with, many opportunities to move up with in the company
Cons: Not enough staff at times, Stressful environment
I really enjoyed working for Canadian Tire as I had the opportunity to work for two different locations, and both locations I worked for I had a great experience
Fun, productive and helpful
Stock Filler (Former Employee), Selkirk, MBMarch 26, 2015
Pros: incentive lunches, thank you lunches and always smiles and appreciation.
I enjoyed working with my team at Canadian Tire, if only for a short time. Everyone was friendly, helpful and patient. I learned a few things about different products, for example, fans, humidifiers/purifiers. I became adept at using a RF machine.
I found that one is never too old to learn something new.
Ok work environment
Cashier & Full-serve Attendant (Current Employee), Odessa, OnMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Freedom, as long as the custom is served and they are happy.
Cons: Disorganization of the company its self and its help desk.
Canadian Tire is an alright place to work and I definitely have enjoyed working there for the last 3 years. I year full-time and the other 2 part-time while I was in school. The manager at my store is very flexible with my school schedule so that does help and I have enjoyed that.

There are some things about the company that I do not agree with but I am sure that they will change over time.

My co-workers are great people to work with and I enjoy it a lot I do not what I would do during the days if I did not have them.

I like to keep busy and make sure that the store is cleaned on a regular basis and that everything is in working order.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: early mornings
fun workplace and great interactions with coworkers. Hard and very fast paced work environment with a tinge of physical fatigue. Very close to commute
I really love to help people and seeing there smiling face when the leave, because they'll be back
Cashier/Sports/Seasonal/Garden Center (Current Employee), Kirkland, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: serving the customers & meeting new people
Cons: Heavy lifting 20-40 kg
Filling shelves, merchandising,
a lot of stair climing to get merchandise for customers and for filling shelves
Lots of heavy lifting
the best part is my customers, I love to serve them and help them any way I can
I love merchandising and the garden center
Productive and a fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oliver, BCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: gift cards on your birthday
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work would be very busy yet exciting i was learning new things everyday and my co-workers were always fun and happy people making my work space a lot more comfortable.
Happy workplace environment
Customer Service/ Cashier (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 23, 2015
I've learned a lot working as a customer service associate within the last couples years including patience, how to make a customer happy, how to multitask and how to keep myself organized. I've worked with some great people and it really makes a huge difference, personally I find it's better when everyone works as a team, it helps you get your job done faster and it makes it just a little more enjoyable. The hardest part of my job would have to be the language barrier. Occasionally a customer will come in and not know how to speak English and there would be nobody in the store who speaks their language. I find sometimes using actions or demonstrations is the best way to help them understand. The most enjoyable part would have to be finding ways to connect with customers or having customers come back just because they enjoyed your service.
Supportive and friendly place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: discount on goods
Cons: not any steady reliable hours per week
Look after customers, stock shelves, clean work place, make lists for reorder, Inventory checks.

I learned more self confidence.

The people I worked with were supportive an enjoyable.

The most enjoyable for me is always the interaction with people.
Very long hours.
Cashier (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: hour long lunches
Cons: very long hours
Being a cashier meant only leaving the floor when you were told.
Customer service skills and cash training were obtained easily.
Management was very critical and harsh, rude and not very helpful or guiding.
Hardest part of the job was to stay after a shift was over, because everyone needed to be told that they could leave (this was especially true for closing. If anyone was scheduled until 9pm, we would almost always leave at 9:45pm).
Enjoyable was the people worked with, however there was not many.
Working as a cashier is also enjoyable.
Hardware Tools
Sales Associate (Former Employee), BramptonMarch 19, 2015
Cons: 9am 5pm
I learn a lot working at Canadian tire putting away different tools items Steal toe boots work with other staff member as a team. Always show up on time for work or even earlier before i start work.
Very Family Orientated
Houseware Manager (Former Employee), Swift Current, SKMarch 18, 2015
I really liked the job it was a very professional, but yet understanding work environment. The management team were supportive and family orientated.
Fun place to work met great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Upper James St HamiltonMarch 16, 2015
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Typical day at work would include doing the job required helping other when needed. What I learned was how to use different types of equipment such as pump truck hand price scanner. Co-workers were amazing got along with them and communicated with them. The hardest part of the job was probably trying to get there on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting great people everyday.
Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 14, 2015
Pros: discount on purchases in store after 500 hours of work
Cons: breaks should be longer/payed
Good workday, told exactly what to do, and you can learn a lot from this position, management is really good, co-workers are really nice and welcome new comers, hardest part about job is not enough breaks and breaks not payed/seperate from 8 hours shifts, most enjoyable part of job is unloading trucks
Loved the job! Miss it dearly
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 14, 2015
Management was very good and responsible. My coworkers were fantastic. My managers and co workers were so close and dear to me like a family, it was an amazing experience, and I was so sad to leave CTC. I worked long hours which is what I wanted, as well as I got to be trained to work many different positions throughout the store. There was never a dull moment.
Good place to work at with a great buying team
Analyst, Assortment Planning (Former Employee), Toronto,, OntarioMarch 12, 2015
good place to work at, different products, and vendors,
can try different roles, good team atmosphere.
good work life balance, great experience
good workplace
Sports Department Employee (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEMarch 12, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: nothing
i usually worked 5-9 which is a good shift. i learned a lot about how corporations like this worked. I also learned many things about the products we sold in all departments. overall it was a good place to work with good coworkers
Experience Gained
Parts Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2015
Canadian Tire gave me more experience to life/work history. The automotive section helped me learn a few this about the Ins and outs of cars small cool lessons here and there.
Everyday my customer services were put into play, helped me perfect an art form that should always be perfected.
The management gave me a totally new experience dealing with their personalities which i felt were more difficult than customers. I felt as though their everyday life stress exposed in their job, so i had to make the assessment to keep my composure intact. Understanding that some peoples minds work certain ways and some people just have bad days. Understanding that I easily complied, because its a virtue that you can't escape.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my coworker, from hear their experiences, to the small hand they lent to me in situations where i needed them. Helped make my day and my job easier on a daily basis.
Non stressful
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 9, 2015
Great place to work, very flexible, great co workers, management was very easy going. Working at the customer service desk I had some bad experiences with the customer's but overall it was a great place to work.
Minimum pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2015
Minimum pay and overload work all the time, you have to be responsible for 2 departments and many customers especially for sales days, the company do not raise any money to your payment for years and years
Working in retail takes a positive attitude
Customer Service Representative/ Head Cashier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 5, 2015
I work full time, 9 hour days. I enjoy working with the public, there is something to smile about each day!
I am given tasks and goals to reach every day and I feel I exceed these expectations.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos