Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good experience
Parts Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pay and hours could be better but a decent place to work. Dealing with the public is not an easy task but it helps to work with good people
Canadian TIre Summary
Customer Service (Current Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 24, 2014
I have learned a lot in the retail industry. My customer service has improved greatly over the past 3 years. I've learned how to deal with every type of customer good and bad. I think the hardest part of the job is definitely some of the customers that I encounter, It can be extremely frustrating and need lots of patience. The most enjoyable part of – more... the job would be some of the rewarding customers. There are times when being able to help a customer to the fullest is very rewarding. – less
Customer service representative
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great work environment and social settings
Cons: hectic work times during rush hour
Canadian Tire, Windsor ON
• Worked in the sports section helping customers with technical aspect of things.
• Was the only one responsible with providing solutions to problems over the phone.
Excellent customer service
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee), North York, ONOctober 23, 2014
Customer satisfaction was the Store's main goal but often times at the expense of its employees.
hard worker
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Castlegar, BCOctober 22, 2014
Can deal with difficult customers, gained customer satisfaction with queries, concerns, information on products and warranty agreement
good
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONOctober 22, 2014
was good to work for stocking shelf`s at night, moving skids whit pallet lift just every night shift moving merchendice in difrent location in store
Not what you know but who
REGIONAL MANAGER (Former Employee), British ColumbiaOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great car allowance, stock options, bonus
Cons: no structure, bad management
Loved the job, I enjoyed it every day. But this company is filled with layers of management that all have their own agendas and no vision.
Poor management at every level, people in over their heads and advanced on who they know.
The dealers are for the most part very good, the majority are, you will always have some that are not good, but most are a – more... joy to work with.
In a few years, the whole vision and structure changed many times, for no reason. Very little input from the field, the glass housed management makes decisions. – less
Store that is poorly managed, but has important skills to offer, great people to work with
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBOctober 19, 2014
Pros: store discount, meeting great people
Cons: poor management, low salary
At this current job, I have learned a few things. I have learned how to better handle angry customers, and to deal with poor management. At this particular store, I find the management to be very weak. They do not train their staff to their fullest ability, and the store suffers because of it. I think that is also the hardest part of the job. It becomes – more... very frustrating when customers become upset or angry due to things that could have been prevented if the employees were properly trained.

However, the people I work with are great. I get along with almost everyone, and I have even made some best friends out of it.

The part I enjoy most about my job would have to be learning new things and creating new relationships with great people. – less
Active, always learning and fun to work with the Canadian Tire family.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great people and learned a lot.
Responsibilities included:
- Maintaining and restocking shelves, racks and bins.
- Answering queries about store operations and products.
- Merchandising Halloween, fall and Christmas goods.
- Watering and caring for plants in the garden centre.
- Cleaning and other duties as assigned by superiors.
Great management makes retail easy.
Sales Associate (Full-time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2014
Excellent managers at this location. Has the standard downsides of minimum wage retail, but a typical day was not bad at all.
Canadian Tire Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: discount.
Cons: boring and not to fun.
A typical day is busy and very boring. I learned how to react with certain people. The management was fun and I enjoyed being with them. The hardest part was the counting of the Canadian tire cash. The most enjoyable part was the people that I worked with.
Great atmosphere, Great co-workers
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Great training and great people to work with. Very open with family values and very fair scheduling to all employees.
High Stress Job
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee), Kanata, ONOctober 13, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: supervisor
It was okay, was very stressful at times. It was an hour away from my house which made it very hard to travel, but overall a good experience if you can handle the tasks and stress.
Great staff, friendly environment
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham,OnatrioOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches once a month
Cons: not sufficient amount of hours given to full time employees
Typical day at work consist of unpacking stocks and filling empty shelves. Helping customers with product questions and finding merchandise. Managing the department by keeping it clean and organized. Co-workers are very friendly and easy to get along with. Management is understanding and supportive to your needs. The hardest part of the job is strain – more... put on employees to get tasks done on limited time and less staff. – less
worst experience ever
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2014
used to work part time, good to gain some experience. worst management ever, no security nothing, advice not to work with an Indian owner of a Gas station. they are not helpful in any way and rub employes to do work they are not supposed to be doing.
There is a Tim Horton's in the Canadian Tire, and table hockey games as well
Reciever (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: overtime is a pro
Cons: the main con is being sent home early if it is not busy enough.
Many of the co workers were easy to work with. The management did come down from their offices to see how we were working. They were very nice to us. The hardest part of the job is to wake up a 4 am to prepare for work. The most enjoyable part of work is to work with the positive people in the area.
Learning environment
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONOctober 6, 2014
Supportive of co-workers
Enjoy helping customers
Some lifting required
Felt productive and useful
Productive work environment
Customer service/Auto parts cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 6, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: dealing with unsatisfied customers
As a customer service representative, I dealt with customers who were not satisfied with their purchase at Canadian Tire. I returned their belongings and made customers feel acknowledged. I not only returned items for customers but I managed lottery. At times it was difficult because I would be the only person at customer service and it would be difficult – more... to manage both, as customers were being upset.

I was not only a customer service represented but I was a cashier for auto-parts. As an auto-parts cashier I managed documents , called customers when their vehicle was ready.

Overall, my experience at Canadian Tire was a good, I learned to deal with customers in a respectable manner. I also learned to multi-task and move in a productive manner. – less
interesting and fun, not so bad workplace.
Sales assistant (Former Employee), barton and kenilworthOctober 6, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: short breaks
I go in with one or more goals everyday and have position thinking to get through my day, have a smile on my face even if i had a bad day .I always have good relationships with my co-workers and managers.
I plan my day according to the assignments/ tasks given to me by my supervisor. i greet customers when they come into the store, i also assistant – more... them when need.
the hardest part is not having a routine, sometimes i know what i'm doing but usually i know no clue. The enjoyable part is helping others and meeting new people. – less
Decent job with good pay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABOctober 6, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, good benefits, good pay
Cons: only close on two holidays, are open every other day
It was a fairly good job with decent enough pay. Some of the coworkers were okay and some were quite rude. The management at Canadian Tire is hit or miss. There were some managers that were amazing and helpful and there were some managers that were less than helpful and if they didn't like you they let you know.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos