Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

1.1K reviews

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good starting job when in school...
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Awesome co-workers..
Cons: Lose hours after some time...
A typical work day would be to come in and stock the shelves with new store products. Serve and help clients in the best way possible. Ive leaned a lot from working in every department, gaining experience so that i can help anyone who comes into our stores to find exactly what they are looking for. Management team was okay, could be better. Great people though. Love my team. We were like family. The hardest part of the day would be the very busy ones one weekend when new sales arrive. Stressful on some occasions. The enjoyable part would be meet great client again. Its always fun to meet and help new people.
Ok place to work
Promotional Dept (Current Employee), Milton, ONAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with.
Cons: Not enough hours to go around sometimes
It is a good place to start out when you are in school. Hard to support yourself on the wage. Able to book time off when needed. The work load gets to be a little much at times.
Flexible hours
Cashier and floor clerk (Former Employee), Regina, SKAugust 27, 2015
I really enjoyed the people I was working with and for. I liked that my hours at Canadian Tire varied. I enjoyed working in a variety of different departments.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABAugust 27, 2015
Enjoyed working for the company the owner are a great people
The company requires that the employees have great customer service. lots of friendly faces.
great working atmosphere
Automotive Service Technician Apprentice (Former Employee), Ingersoll, ONAugust 27, 2015
Great working atmosphere, good group of guys.

Laid back and easy going. not the greatest pay scale

no tool incentives or allowances
fun place to work
Lube an Oil Tech (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 26, 2015
worked in the shop was great fun learned tons the coworkers were all great the service adivsers i didnt care to much for but in every job ur bound to find someone u dont like
Great Work Environment
Hardware Employee (Former Employee), Alliston, ONAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Great Staff!
Cons: Nothing
Everyone at Canadian Tire was super friendly. The staff is smart and understand the products they sell. The store is always clean and sanitary.
Great Job if you love to work with people.
Store Associate (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Very Social
Cons: Repetitive
During my two years at Canadian tire I got experience dealing with a lot of customers, a basic understanding of all the departments and had the opportunity to work logistics for a while. My Managers were very kind and supportive when i needed them. The hardest part of the job was sorting the warehouse and stocking the back shelves. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with. The most Enjoyable part of the job was working in the garden center during summers, helping people all day in the nice sun.
work
shippers (Former Employee), saskatoonAugust 18, 2015
unloading trucks, lots of heavy lifting, i like stocking shelves and cleaning making the store look nice. just wasnt getting alot of hrs need something fulltime
Highschool Job
Hardware Department (Former Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 17, 2015
Job is directed at high school students, constantly recycling older workers for young uneducated students with a lack of knowledge on the store stock.
Canadian Tire was a good job while I was still in highschool
Service Writer (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONAugust 16, 2015
Working as a service writer definitely contributed to the amount of patience I have gained. I learnt how to use the computer systems that they had there as well did some work in the shop. The management there was very unappreciative of what I did while working for the company especially since other employees did not bother to show up. As far as co-workers went we all got along great. The hardest job I did at Canadian tire definitely had to be dealing with the customers. The thing that I liked the most about this job is that whenever I had a mechanical question or even just wanted to talk about mechanical work there were people there that I could talk to.
Good Team Envrionment
Fill Crew Member (Former Employee), KanataAugust 15, 2015
The Owners of the store encourage interdepartmental teamwork. However the hours you have to put in to the store as a member of Fill Crew are absolutely outrageous. Your shift starts an hour before the store opens and can end up being anywhere from 10-12 hours. Fill Crew has a very high turn around rate due to the nature of the job. Very physically demanding and stressful at times. Other departments will complain about how fast you move because they don't understand how large the warehouse is and how much stock you need to wade through to find an individual product for them.
Work super hard for very little pay
Fill Crew Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2015
Cons: Very low pay, high expectations
Not a great company to work for. Maybe not all locations are bad, but I didn't luck out in finding a good one. Nothing positive to say aside from the fact that my co-workers were super nice.
productive, fun and life-changing
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2015
Working here was amazing, i learnt something new everyday. My co-workers were amazing and very accommodating, the customers were great too, and everyday i looked forward to come to work. The hardest part of the job was learning all the isles and where everything went, but it was fun learning and i eventually mastered it. The most enjoyable part of the job and see how happy and grateful the customers got when i assisted them, or helped them find an object. It was really an amazing experience.
Amazing
Hardware Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Good people, good hours
Cons: None
Working in Canadian Tire was amazing, but after 3 years I just dont think retail is for me. Normally we stock shelves, clean and mainly help customers find what they are looking for. We help life and load products for customers into there carts or cars depending on there needs. Lots of opportunity and lots of interactivity with people.
A place where no one is important, management doesn't care about you, and a raise is very rare
sales associate (Current Employee), WhitecourtAugust 13, 2015
On a typical day at work it is a very negative atmosphere, staff are only happy on there breaks or when talking to a happy customer, otherwise it is rare that anyone working there will say they love their job. Co-workers, some are awesome and most others like to talk behind your back. The hardest part of the job is trying to please everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job, talking to customers and helping them find what they are looking for. Management is poor, they don't actually care, everyone is replaceable in their eyes.
Good Student Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MB, CanadaAugust 11, 2015
Flexible hours, good training, pay was always on time. would recommend to most students as the location I worked at had a tuition program based on hours worked.
stressfull place to work but fun and enjoyable co workers
Hardware Associate (Current Employee), richmond, bcAugust 8, 2015
Pros: lots of personal time, requested time off is usually given.
Cons: wierd shifts, no communication between upper managers.
all jobs have pros and cons, depending on the person some have more relevance than others. I feel that if they listened to what they are saying and what they are promoting things would be different.
Good co-workers. job security.
Distribuion warehouse associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 8, 2015
Good co-worker relations. Very busy work days. company offered good job security, overtime and benefits. regret having to leave Canadian Tire
Great Customers and Position in sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABAugust 6, 2015
Pros: great customers, great position
Cons: new management, no over time, low pay
Assisting customers in all areas of the store, loading and unloading customer vehicles, stocking shelves, unloading trucks, moving bases and stocking. Pricing. assisting other staff with large items in the warehouse. fork lift operations, scissor lift operator.
Headquarters