Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very nice to work for
Parts Clerk (Former Employee), St. Stephen, NBFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: benefits
liked working there very fast pace environment loved working with customers and trouble shooting problems.learned alot about dealing with public and fueling there needs.
Overall an excellent company to work for.
WAREHOUSE HAND (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Positive work environment, good management, understanding employer.
Cons: Direct supervisor lacked people skills.
I worked at Canadian Tire for just over a year. The management was very understanding and showed a lot of grace. I gave them many reasons over my employment to terminate me however they chose to keep me. I would recommend working here.
its a job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), St. John's, NLFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: easy work
Cons: not enough staff
Nothing special pays the bills.There are times they don't have enough people working the people are ok to work with for the most part
Typical Day At Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Chelmsford, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Break's
Cons: Long hours
Typical day at work would be scanning customer's items and taking money order's filling papers and bagging their item's. Always smile because if your not your customer's will not be nice to you. I've learned to always be respectful even if your customer's aren't and be polite
Didnt like it
Cleaner (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: Night shift
I didn't like working at Canadian Tire because I was hired under the table and I was not being treated fare. I didn't like the manager or the co-workers. hardest part was trying to receive payments on time.
it's retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee), North Bay, ONFebruary 8, 2016
work with great people, some days are challenging when working with the public in a retail setting, overall not bad work environment
friendly environment, management and coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: friendly supportive staff, complementary meals sometimes, great atmosphere
Cons: being stuck in one spot causing foot strain, having times where you can't do anything
supervisors were willing to help you out whenever a sticky situation arose, they were very supportive even if you made a dumb mistake of course, they also make sure you don't goof up all the time. Food was brought into the lunch room to share every so often. The only issue I had while working as a cashier was that I was stuck to one spot the entire work time unless permission was given by the supervisors. The environment varied from fast paced to slow crawl. They also take employee harassment seriously too, had a coworker who kept harassing me and a few other staff and being a creep and they kicked him out.
Great place to be at to follow
QA Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: politics, management, cross teams do not get along
Everyone is friendly with the exception of politics where teams do not get along with one another, limits what and when something can be achieved.
Very productive and good place to work, friendly workers and management
Customer Service Rep and Filling Crew (Current Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: Free lunch and party
Cons: Get too busy sometimes
I love working in Canadian tire because it broaden my perspective in dealing with customers, and also enable me to track with keenness my career part.
Not a great place to work
Worker (Current Employee), Greenwood, NSFebruary 6, 2016
There is not a whole lot of good I would say about working for Canadian Tire. Too much stress for a petty part time, minimum wage job.
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBFebruary 5, 2016
I enjoy this job. It is a very welcoming location to work and you become very close with your work family. I enjoy going to work when I am scheduled. Although, I am ready to advance into a career with what I studied in and would like to find something with more hours to be offered and a higher pay for myself and my family.
very corpate
Sports Department Representative (Former Employee), Slave Lake, ABFebruary 5, 2016
very corprate structured and not much room for staff to do much on the cuustomters behalf. lots of rules and guidelines and quotes that you most meet.
Excellent pay, benefits and culture
Test Analyst/Resource Management Analyst (Current Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Lots of freebies
Cons: None
A great work environment that encourages personal and professional growth. Management engages employees at every available opportunity and is willing to work with individuals achieve their career goals.
Busy and exciting workplace with lots of great people.
Cashier and Customer Care (Former Employee), Brooks, ABFebruary 3, 2016
Out of the few jobs I've had working for Canadian Tire was my favorite. All the staff and customers were extremely friendly and it made the day go by much faster. Management was extremely helpful and if you cooperate with them you'll be treated perfectly, by that I mean do your work and all is good. I had a few bad co-workers that didn't last very long but other then that they were fantastic. The hardest part of the job had to do with returns because when we couldn't do anything they were not very happy and often that turned into one of the customer care employee's yelled at. The most enjoyable part would have to be the people. Employees, management, customers; they all just made it so much easier to enjoy my job and do it well.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 3, 2016
it was a good experience they gave lots of good benefits. they helped a lot with working with my schedule. they are very good at training as well.
Great place to work..
Service Advisor­/Team Lead (Former Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 3, 2016
Canadian Tire is a great place to work, but for someone who is currently going to school or has a part time job. Not much for someone who is thriving for success. Management was not so bad, nothing negative to say about anyone. Not so difficult job, very easy going. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the people who get to work with. Every employee was treated equally.
Overall Learning Experience
Practicum- Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 2, 2016
I thoroughly learned my primary duty which was operating a cash register and performing basic cash handling duties that included using counterfeit detectors.

I learned other duties like using the database to check the status and availability of merchandise, collecting large order items customers had previously ordered from the garage, directing customers to their respective departments, taking customer complaints to the supervisor and checking computer terminals on self serve checkout kiosks to see if customers scanned each and every item they were intending to purchase.
productive place
Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Worker (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 2, 2016
Cons: minimum wage
nice place to work in but the problem is the advancement is slow with minimum wage rate. the enjoyable part of the job is the people around, nice co-workers and kind management.
poorest work experience ever
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: poor customer service
awful, just awful. canadian tire really needs to get all new staff in the automotive section or else they will have no return customer basis by the next year
co workers are great, management and store owner ruin the job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: great co workers
Cons: store owner, management often gave conflicting instructions.
store owner was miserable and had no problem with making everyone in the store miserable as well. management was often not on the same page. Reviews were often skipped and pay was rarely raised...unless you mentioned it over and over and over. Favoritism was also not uncommon in this store. My co workers were great though and made it bearable. I am sure there are great Canadian tire stores all over the place, however the store owner in Nanaimo ruins the job.
Headquarters