Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,793 reviews matching the search
Alright Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2016
decent job if you have not extra-curricular activities.

management was alright for the most part.

understaffed for most of the year, without new bodies being hired on.
They were pretty awful with the managment but the overall environment of the workplace was pretty good.
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 31, 2016
The managment was very rude treated staff like they were stupid. Didnt spend the time to train very often had to go to co workers for training. Good work environment, treated customers with respect and put them first.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Awful managment
A fun work enviornment
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONAugust 30, 2016
A typical day was usually restocking items on shelves and helping customers. Some customers had a very poor attitude while others made the job more enjoyable. However the coworkers there were always around to give each other boosts of encouragement when things looked down or were there when help was needed.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Strathroy-Caradoc, ONAugust 29, 2016
Enjoyed meeting new people and working with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the nasty customers. Some of the managers did not act professional.
Pros
co-workers
Fun place to work, positive environment, amazing staff, and a fun job to learn!
Firearm sales (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCAugust 27, 2016
I absolutely loved my job. Spent two years at Canadian Tire in Penticton and loved going to work every day. Made so many wonderful work friends/family and my bosses were the best. There was so much compassion. My favourite part about being there for so long was getting regular customers, and getting to know them personally and helping them with sales every time they came in. I honestly can't say enough nice things about that place. If you get the chance to work there, I promise you will love it!!
Pros
Staff parties, free lunches sometimes, amazing staff, work family, awesome boss/manager, some amazing customers.
Cons
Minimum wage, but you can't get around that.
Hard Working General Labour Environment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 27, 2016
Used advanced talk man picking equipment
Carried over 3000 pounds of merchandise a day
Responsible for cleaning and organizing my module
Read order to determine catalog number, size and amount of goods
Ensured that the accurate number and type of product as loaded and shipped
 Cleaning plastic totes and arranging for delivery
bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABAugust 27, 2016
learning the management roles of most departments and also learning superior costumer service skills from being under staffed.
Pros
being a team leader
Cons
management
Real enjoyable job.Great boss.
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SKAugust 26, 2016
People work and have fun doing their task. I enjoy meeting new faces everyday. Never had the chance to move up the ladder. We had alot of changing of staff ,but i liked new faces. Not know things were. I enjoy the feeling of people as a team .Working for the same goals.
Pros
paying for uniforms
Cons
not early enough
Horrible
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2016
Mechanics call work that is not required. Management very poor. Salary Horrible to start. Company does not care about employees.
Ok
SPORTING GOODS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ONAugust 26, 2016
It was a good job while i worked thier was an ok job. Mainly worked in the sporting good section but did many odd jobs and alot fo different work while thier and obtained many different tickets and training while thier aswell.
Pros
some staff were nice
Cons
not enought hours for me at the time of leaving
Soul-Sucking and Horrible management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2016
All of the managers at the Store I worked at were unproffessional and expected too much of their employees. They get annoyed when you ask questions about a task and either gossip about you behind your back or simply yell in your face if you muck something up. This lead to many of the employees coming and leaving in a bad mood and also creating a mediocre customer experience because of this. If you get hired at Canadian Tire, expect to hate your job after the first month.
Pros
Easy 80% of the time but boring
Cons
Terrible management
work place
Tire Installer and Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONAugust 25, 2016
its your typical exciting and interesting diverse community of co-workers and clientèle that makes your job fun.their always the chance for growth and possibilities around every corner.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
very diverse Hours
great company to work for
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BCAugust 25, 2016
A typical day at work is always a fun and an enjoyable experience. I can honestly say I do not remember having a bad day . I love the people I work with. We are a great group of employees there is aproximatly at any given time 70 to 80 employees and I get along with all. The hardest part is probably the irate customers . But that doesn't happen all the time . I just do my best and try to put my self in their shoes and their feelings . Things usually work out .
busy placement
Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 24, 2016
I stocked shelves, cleaned/organized the warehouse, offloaded shipments, collected shopping carts in the parking lot, helped customers and assembled bicycles.
Pros
always had something to do.
Cons
warehouse was small.
Great for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 24, 2016
Canadian Tire was great for a temporary job or being in school. Helping customers find desired products should be the main focus but ensuring shelves were stocked and neat is more the main responsibility. I learned the whole store very quickly although you are only really assigned to one department. You can see that when you are shopping in the store because most staff won't be able to help you if the item you are looking for is not in their department.
Great co-workers. Typical retail pay.
Automotive Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 24, 2016
The day to day at Canadian Tire is pretty straightforward: Help the customer and take care of the retail floor. As a manager the job is not hard but leaves a lot to be desired in terms of advancement. I firmly believe this has a lot to do with the fact that each store is individually owned. This being the case, there really is no program set in place to help employees advance their career.
Feels at home so much but very busy
Supervisor/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 24, 2016
Good management, kind and understanding. The best part of the job is, it is so busy that I didn't know that its time to go home. Its like a family to me.
Pros
free breakfast sometimes when we work so hard
Cons
my back is always sore at the end of the day sometimes
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ONAugust 24, 2016
Working for Canadian Tire was a great experience, dealing with customers every day is something I thoroughly enjoyed. I improved my customer service skills on my own and with the help of my co workers who had been there longer than I had. Working there was a fantastic learning experience for myself.
Pros
Friendly environment always
Hard-working environment
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 23, 2016
Canadian Tire was a great place to get situated in work. The warehouse was clean and very professional. Every employee had strived for success in their own way. I could never say anything bad about an employer, but to find another spot like this would be great.
Pros
Good lunch room
Cons
Too busy
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
I liked the job but it was not for me. It was a part time job that i enjoyed working because it was flexible and made good friends. I got to meet a lot of interesting people along the way

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location