Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,205 reviews matching the search
Workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK25 March 2017
It is a great place to work, they are on top of all their training. It is friendly. Very clean and organized! Would recommend to anyone that wants to work in a friendly environment.
Nice team members
Consolidator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 March 2017
Typical Work day just that everyday the team leaders approaches and said am sorry but shift ends in 4 hours. Do not expect to earn $200 a week the work is too limited.
Pros
Job is easy to understand
Cons
Low goal with too much employees. Only gets 4 hours shift. Disappointing
Fast paced environment
Floor Assistant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC23 March 2017
Negative environment, very physically demanding if you're part of the floor staff. Management is very willing to comply with any physical restrictions.
good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 March 2017
Good working place, exciting advantages and career advancements. would love to work again for Canadian tire in Montreal. it was a fun experience working as a sale associate there.
Over all it was great experience
Woked at ware house (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 March 2017
Let me start with the most enjoyable part of my job was I was learning something which I ever knew. Management was great.
I ended summer job there with good experience.
Pros
nothing
Cons
8 hours
Good and friendly staff..
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
For me working in this company is a great opportunity..Management have good team works. When visiting our store they noticed the cleanleness and easy to find products..
Cons
Free 2x 15 minutes break
Great people to work with
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC22 March 2017
Great people to work with. When your a Cashier you are also a Customer Service representative as you guide your Customers to the products they need and want. Sometimes a Customer will come up to the till with a product I have used and so I can recommend the product they have chosen as the best one for their current needs. I love conversing with new customers and with repeat customers.
Pros
close to my residence
Cons
not enough work hours given
Amazing work environment!
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 March 2017
Provides an excellent work environment and thousands of learning opportunities that you take home to your personal life. Highly recommend putting in your application.
Great employees, poor management and poor culture
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 March 2017
The people that worked their seemed great to work with, we tried to have fun at work while being as effective as possible. Where this changes is the workplace culture which was very negative. A lot of people talking behind others back, managment speaking poorly about employees to other employees. Very much an us verses them mentality against the service department made the politicking very hard to handle.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Long hours, no recognition for hard work, poor management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC21 March 2017
Its a very fast pace workplace very nice management team! Not very many hours. A lot of short shifts. I always feel safe working here knowing that i have security.
Great place to work overall
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
Loved the people and work atmosphere, but salaries weren't very competitive and the internal hiring process was unfair. Good place to start out your career and gain experience.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Underpaid
Conflicting
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC21 March 2017
The people who work here; other than management, are fantastic. There is zero room for growth and the pay is horrendous for the work that is expected. The job is fairly easy but definitely not a long term ideal.
Cons
management and no room for growth
Always busy
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 March 2017
All the staff were extremely help full if I ever needed help they were always ready and willing to help you. The days go buy very fast because your always doing something
Pros
Never running out of work
Good early work expereince
Floor Staff, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BC20 March 2017
I enjoyed my time at Canadian Tire, it provided me with income during highschool and opened up valuable training opportunities. I enjoyed the management.
Productive Team/Great Environment
Bicycle Technician/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON20 March 2017
After the last 7 years at Canadian Tire, I was fortunate enough to confidently leave my position with a forklift license, a skyjack license, health and safety committee experience and a fresh understanding of retail business. Overall, I had a great time working for Canadian Tire Co.
Sucks the life out of you
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 March 2017
after a year and a half with ctire i have become bitter and hate work and everything associated with ctire. the managers don't care about you, you can barely get a one cent an hour rasie and the hours suck.
Very friendly staff and enjoyable to work with.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2017
Due to the economy, each employee's hours varied and were reduced which could not provide the necessary income to meet one's needs.
During the busy months it was enjoyable to work for this company.
Canadian Tire was a great start!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB19 March 2017
Being a cashier at Canadian Tire was my very first job. It was a great job for a starter! Fantastic people, and very laid back. Although it wasn't a very busy job at all, it kept you on your feet for the most part. I learned a lot about customer service, and how to count a till. Handling money was a crucial part of this job as well. The management was good. The hardest part of the job was the boredom, because i like fast paced environments. On slow days we had to stand at the front of our tills and wait for someone needing help. But that was also one of the best parts of the job, mainly because I got to know my co-workers, and got along with many of them.
Pros
People
Cons
Not busy
Automotive Parts And Seaonal department (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 March 2017
Staff is great to work with everyone works together, if you need anything you can just ask and everyone is willing to help out as best as they can, management is very caring,
Pros
Discount
Cons
my most enjoyable day, the hardest part of the job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 March 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job was getting meet new people,I learned how to control money alot better and know how to run a cash, the hardest part of the job was to keep everything in tact

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

77%