Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,341 reviews matching the search
very nice environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2017
very nice environment ,management is so good , feel honoured to work at such a workplace, full health and medical benefits , good opportunities to increase your knowledge about the work
A retail gig, with decent growth opportunities.
Parts Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 April 2017
There was much to learn at this job, with a comprehensive online learning program designed to teach the employee many useful skills that helped them to excel in the workplace. Lots of incentive to do good work, and management generally notices rising stars and promotes employees accordingly.
Can be repetative
Part-time Sales Associate - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC23 April 2017
Canadian tire was my first legitimate work environment and experience that gave me an insight into the real world. Most of the staff are kind people who contain the proper knowledge.
Okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
ok experience, nothing worth dying for. average pay, flexible hour, nice management, easy to reach location. i didn't get that many shifts though so it was hard to pay bills
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no shifts
Great learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 April 2017
Typical day is a relatively busy day. It is a great place to learn communication skills, multi tasking and team work. Management is very accommodating.
Excellent Work Environment
Project Assistant/ HR (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB22 April 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Management is excellent and employees are delighted to work with a dealer that operates an open door policy and accommodates diverse needs of the diverse workforce.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Salary not motivating enough
Learning experience
TIRE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC21 April 2017
Great for a young person choosing to get into the auto trade they have lots of car lot vehicles for the apprentices to learn on which os a great advantage over most auto shopa
Pros
Great learbing experiemce
Cons
Bad staff
Like a tight knit family.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON21 April 2017
Fantastic to work there, management is a little cluttered at times and the feeling of repetition is about the worst of it so all in all a great place to work. Shifts are easily flexible and things are fairly simple.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Some heavy lifting and latter climbing
Ideal for first job
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 April 2017
This job was probably the best first job I had. The training is done online but my coworkers were always so helpful. I would absolutely work here again.
Good Place To Work
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB21 April 2017
I did not work in Canadian Tire, I worked at the Gas Bar, but it was a good place to work and great people to work with. You always got your 8 hour shift, nothing less, and you always got your 40 hours a week so you were guaranteed your hours.

Want to know more about Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd?

Ask a question
Had fun working with co-workers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 April 2017
Good way to improve my salesmanship and to train my communication skills with different type of customers. The management had lack of communications about the goals of the store.
Pros
Knows how to appreciate the works of their people.
Cons
Low salary and no benefits..
Good and stable place to work.
Administrative Assistant to AVP, Shared Services (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 April 2017
Great people working hard everyday.
Staple place to work.
The hardest part of the job is the technology, it needs to be updated.
The culture and people are amazing, enjoyed going to work everyday.
walking on egg shells
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON19 April 2017
The store is beautiful, the staff is friendly. The floor staff is friendly and most accommodating. Most are scared of what to say or do. Constantly being threatened of being written up or hours lost for a mistake that has happened. The attitude of " you have to do it my way because it makes my job easier", there is a constant annoyance that you are being watched and some staff is not "allowed" to shop in the store after their shift ends. Customers complain about how some management deal and speak to them in an unprofessional way. There is a sense of ignorance when talking to the owner and the GM in a way they believe they are smarter and better than the staff around them.
Cons
unable to get a second job if your hours are too low, it is frowned upon
Work can be fun meeting interesting people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
On a normal day, it is a delight to meet customers that has stories to tell. It eases up the boredom doing typical tasks in-store. This may be a different case on a busy day as you can end up dealing with multiple customers tailing you around. How I wished we could tell them to stop stalking us.
Mostly kind co-workers, but terrible organization
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 April 2017
The majority of the people you will work with in any retail environment are never perfect. Canadian Tire has the managers that push too hard, but others who care too little. The slackers that get away with hiding in the warehouse doing nothing. The people who call in sick all the time causing strain on other people and their departments. The pay is poor. There is a review and possible raise every year, but only enough to keep you just ahead of the minimum wage.

The bright side, there is also nice people. You will make friendships, the people who will make retail almost bearable. Also, there are free lunches when more hectic sales are going on to help ease you from the stress that people are. You do learn a lot of basic skills like balancing time, handling tasks in a fast environment, speaking with people face to face and over the phone, and the biggest one, how to handle a difficult person. (and by difficult I mean shouting and screaming and won't leave the store)
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful, lack of recognition
Great for students or a job until you find better
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 April 2017
the pay was okay but not liveable if you live alone, dept. management was good as they knew the staff on a personal level, upper management not so much
Four Years
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON18 April 2017
Not a great place to be honest. Given shifts that they expect you to be okay with instead of asking if you're available, not very appreciative of the staff, expectations that are very unrealistic at times.
Pros
Good co workers, potluck at Christmas time
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, unappreciative
Not a bad job
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 April 2017
This job was a great learning experience for me. There are a lot of different positions in the warehouse so there was always a way to talk to someone and see if you could be put in that area, and there was potential to grow. Great place to start off.
Pros
The people
Cons
The shifts
Work culture and the management
Customer Service/Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2017
The work culture and the management are wonderful. The benefits are fairly oaky and they have a strong sense of work place balance and family life
Pros
early start
Cons
Short hours
Productive and laid back work environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON15 April 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with customers on a daily basis. I am a cashier so it is my job to make sure that a customer's last experience in the store is positive. The management is amazing, I am still a student so they are flexible with my athletic schedule and I leave work happy, every day. This is rare for many people and I'm glad that I've found a job that fits comfortably into my education and athletic schedule.
Pros
Christmas Bonuses!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.