Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBFebruary 5, 2016
I enjoy this job. It is a very welcoming location to work and you become very close with your work family. I enjoy going to work when I am scheduled. Although, I am ready to advance into a career with what I studied in and would like to find something with more hours to be offered and a higher pay for myself and my family.
very corpate
Sports Department Representative (Former Employee), Slave Lake, ABFebruary 5, 2016
very corprate structured and not much room for staff to do much on the cuustomters behalf. lots of rules and guidelines and quotes that you most meet.
Excellent pay, benefits and culture
Test Analyst/Resource Management Analyst (Current Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Lots of freebies
Cons: None
A great work environment that encourages personal and professional growth. Management engages employees at every available opportunity and is willing to work with individuals achieve their career goals.
Busy and exciting workplace with lots of great people.
Cashier and Customer Care (Former Employee), Brooks, ABFebruary 3, 2016
Out of the few jobs I've had working for Canadian Tire was my favorite. All the staff and customers were extremely friendly and it made the day go by much faster. Management was extremely helpful and if you cooperate with them you'll be treated perfectly, by that I mean do your work and all is good. I had a few bad co-workers that didn't last very long but other then that they were fantastic. The hardest part of the job had to do with returns because when we couldn't do anything they were not very happy and often that turned into one of the customer care employee's yelled at. The most enjoyable part would have to be the people. Employees, management, customers; they all just made it so much easier to enjoy my job and do it well.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 3, 2016
it was a good experience they gave lots of good benefits. they helped a lot with working with my schedule. they are very good at training as well.
Great place to work..
Service Advisor­/Team Lead (Former Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 3, 2016
Canadian Tire is a great place to work, but for someone who is currently going to school or has a part time job. Not much for someone who is thriving for success. Management was not so bad, nothing negative to say about anyone. Not so difficult job, very easy going. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the people who get to work with. Every employee was treated equally.
Overall Learning Experience
Practicum- Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 2, 2016
I thoroughly learned my primary duty which was operating a cash register and performing basic cash handling duties that included using counterfeit detectors.

I learned other duties like using the database to check the status and availability of merchandise, collecting large order items customers had previously ordered from the garage, directing customers to their respective departments, taking customer complaints to the supervisor and checking computer terminals on self serve checkout kiosks to see if customers scanned each and every item they were intending to purchase.
productive place
Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Worker (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 2, 2016
Cons: minimum wage
nice place to work in but the problem is the advancement is slow with minimum wage rate. the enjoyable part of the job is the people around, nice co-workers and kind management.
poorest work experience ever
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: poor customer service
awful, just awful. canadian tire really needs to get all new staff in the automotive section or else they will have no return customer basis by the next year
co workers are great, management and store owner ruin the job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: great co workers
Cons: store owner, management often gave conflicting instructions.
store owner was miserable and had no problem with making everyone in the store miserable as well. management was often not on the same page. Reviews were often skipped and pay was rarely raised...unless you mentioned it over and over and over. Favoritism was also not uncommon in this store. My co workers were great though and made it bearable. I am sure there are great Canadian tire stores all over the place, however the store owner in Nanaimo ruins the job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: good hours
Cons: stressful management/judgy management
The management for the cashiers was very hard on everyone and chose favourites, if you took a sick day youd get less hours the next because she expects no sick days
Busy
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCJanuary 29, 2016
The typical day was always busy, retail , management was laid back but very helpful, co workers were different, the hardest part of the job was there were too many rules couldn't have water or leave your tell , the enjoyable part of job for me was the fast pace busy constantly.
Productive with a good workplace atmosphere and management - employee / employee - employee relations
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours, understanding management, welcoming atmosphere
Cons: Minimal opportunity for advancement, low wage, repetative
Typical Day:
- Conferencing with team
- Conferencing with management
- Establishing a daily routine / plan
Work Details:
Inventory, customer interaction, database inquiries, warehouse management, heavy lifting

What I Learned:
How to interact with diverse and occasionally irate people, how to lead and contribute to a team, workplace interactions and safety.

Coworkers and Management:
Effectively organized and ran, workplace environment cleanly and friendly

Hardest Part of Job:
Repetition

Most Enjoyable Aspect:
Getting paid to help people day to day.
Great Entry Level Job
Cashier/Floor Associate (Former Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCJanuary 28, 2016
This job was one of my first jobs and a great way to get integrated into the workforce. I had a good year and a half there and learned a lot about how businesses operate.
Great company to work for
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Numerous locations
Cons: Low hours
I really enjoyed my time spent at Canadian Tire as a co-op student, I learned a lot about the automotive industry. The mechanics were really helpful and the management was full of inspiring leaders
Management and Managers
Department Supervisor - Seasonal (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Customer Demographics / Location
Cons: Very poor Management / Worst Managers ever seen
Canadian Tire # 223
1711 Kenastan Blvd location.

Very good opportunity to grow within the store due to very few full time staff and very poor Management.
But, again, if you want to work, you should not be applying or accepting any management position.
The moment you are part of Management, you are expected to say YES to everything, no questions asked.
Accept fault for everything, even though mostly you are not even responsible / accountable for.
Very poorly managed, worst senior manager ever I had worked with, few of them have no idea what management actually means or what job responsibility / accountability means.
Stock Person (Former Employee), Castlegar, BCJanuary 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Canadian Tire. Most of the staff were always happy and most people were a joy to help. It really is a great place to start working at.
Great company, Awesome Staff, Very Flexible
Seasonal Crew Member (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Flexible with hours, great company and awesome people to work with, management is extremely helpful and although they rely on you for you to do your job, they'll always catch you if you fall.
Fun Job
Department Manager (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: close to home
Cons: Not paid for all hours worked
Good place to work, pay is not very exciting. Little opportunity for growth. Paid for 40 hours a week....expect more hours unpaid.

Co-workers great to work with.
Easy and relatively rewarding job, poor mangement
Garden Centre worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: Good coworkers, easy job for the most part
Cons: Bad/corrupt management, inefficient work policies
CTC is an alright entry-level job for students, and the pay is pretty good considering the work you put in. I learned a lot about how the customer-service industry works. Management is very poor though, and as a result, turnover is extremely high (at the particular store I worked at, anyway). For the most part the coworkers are great, probably the best part actually. The most difficult part of the job is coping with how short staffed the departments usually are, when you are constantly running around trying to help customers meanwhile the ones waiting to be helped are growing ever more impatient by the second.
Headquarters