Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 1,998 reviews matching the search
Stressful but you learn retail very well
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC16 January 2017
The hardest part of the job was working with customers and other employees. Hard work is hardly ever rewarded unless you have been working there for 3+ years. No real room to advance in the company unless there is a open position in management, which is very rare. Overall its not a bad starting point, good for getting some experience but has a way of sucking you in and not letting go.
Pros
Learn all aspects of retail
Cons
Work 364 days of the year, no graveyard stock
Fullfilling job, enjoyed being of service to customers
Sales Associate$ (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 January 2017
The job included, not only serving customers, but also maintaining stock levels on the sales floor, general cleaning duties. I also enjoyed very much working closely with mechanics.
I did learn an awful lot about car parts and what different accessories were for.
Management was alright for the most part. Dealers were a little different. Once I reached a managers position I worked very hard, once I was told what my salary would be, it was a terrible disappointment.
For most part my co-workers were awesome, helpful when I did not know anything about cars, and great when I was more seasoned.
The hardest part of the work was lifting batteries from the shelves, it is difficult whet you have to reach higher for a heavy item.
The best part of the job was enjoying to see a satisfied customer and the interactions with most of the staff.
Pros
Good customer relations
Cons
Pay not not quite relative to job responsibilities
Great Canadian Company
Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 January 2017
I worked at Canadian Tire Warehouse for about 41/2 yrs as a temp and under limited time contract. Most jobs fairly easy to learn. If you can read a label and move boxes you can do it. I often exceeded the required work quota, sometimes by 100%. I did get more 'preferred jobs' for working hard. Thought I was deserving of a full-time job, but I didn't get one. The social/cultural factor that was important to them, I don't have. I work hard, I'm polite and professional, but I'm not real chatty.

Managers are well trained and professional, but there is a definite pecking order in the hierarchy. Overall I think it was a mutually beneficial experience. I learned a lot, and worked a lot. I'm very happy to have helped out at a great Canadian Company.
Student environment job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC15 January 2017
Worth a try as a student job. Plenty of students are employed some of who are nice. Management is a little strict with employee benefits. However, it is a good start as a student.
it was a good place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL15 January 2017
I enjoyed working with people and meeting new people. I do my job and I am a hard worker and fast learner. I get along with people. the job was physical but I had no problem. the best part of th job was the people I met, .
Productive and fun workplace with great coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 January 2017
My day consist of with greeting guest as they check out in a fun and energetic mood and to encourage them to return back for future purchase that they may find in other retail outlets. while working there I learned the basics of money math and eventually got excellent at it, i also learned that the way you talk and greet people is a way to get customers to return because first impressions are critical.
Good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON15 January 2017
Overall a good company to work for.
Most customers are great
friendly staff
long lunch
I learned a lot about sports
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Loved the work and the staff!
Renovations (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NB14 January 2017
I loved the crew I worked with! I had great hours, there was awesome music all the time! I loved getting pays of like $600 or more! I loved the music they always had playing! I really miss working here!
Pros
Close by, awesome hours, amazing pays, welcoming, fun, good pace.
it was nice experience working there
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 January 2017
i learnt many things like teamwork, co operation and also leadership qualities. I met with many different people there.
Pros
popsicles
Good Place to Volunteer With
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC14 January 2017
It's a good volunteer program, very fun and it's something I really enjoyed. Canadian Tire is also a good place to work at. Their JumpStart Program helps kids have fun outside which is great.
Canadian Tire; enjoyable working environment.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisburg, ON13 January 2017
A typical day at work, I usually enjoyed. I get along with others easily and I have good problem-solving skills so the tasks I had to complete and working with the costumes during the day was enjoyable. From the time that I worked there I had the opportunity to work on my communication skills, problem-solving skills, being able to conduct stressful situations successfully and the ability to work with others. During the job I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, they are really understanding and nice people which made the job easier on my part.
Pros
A pleasant environment to work in
Cons
Unpaid breaks
good work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC13 January 2017
good work environment, unfortunately it is a minimum wage job with no substantial raises. Good learning experience working in the hardware department.
Don't waste your time
Auto Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC13 January 2017
I worked here years ago but it was just so awful for everyone that worked part time. Full-time employees run roughshod over you and schedules changed at the drop of a hat. So much inconsistency throughout lower management and total absence from upper management. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Staff parties are fun
Cons
Too many to list.
Difficult and money consuming
Installer's Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PE12 January 2017
Starting to work here was difficult cause I wasn't use to working in this kind of environment, but over time the job got easier. The only problem that stuck out was that a few of my co-workers seemed to enjoy making my job more difficult than it needed to be.
Pros
learned to care for my own car
Cons
drive to and from work costed a lot
not fun at all
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
typical day is being constantly yelled at and told its the wrong way with no help management is lacking no care for employees health or saftey and not willing to help when an employee is struggling completly backwards place to work with shady condition and all managers are shady
Pros
free lunch once a month
Cons
shady managment that dont care about you and theyll even tell you that
Enjoyed my time being there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2017
I enjoyed working at Canadian Tire, everyone was always so helpful and was always there when I needed help the most. I've learned so much working there, it varied from working in the sporting life department, to being a cashier and moving my way to customer service and moving to housewares/hardware to claim the position of a walker. The job of the walker is to always make sure we have the right amount of stock that says we should have in the system and to request to send in more stock.
Great Place to work
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 January 2017
great place to work for people who are staring up and apprentice with them. they provide you with the best learning opportunity's and give you the opportunity to get your license
Great company to work for that had a great culture
Marketing Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
My duties were to assist buyers in the pricing and advertising of products. I maintained the pricing database within various product categories. In this position, we worked with various teams such as advertising and buying departments which made the job exciting and allowed us to learn various other tasks.
Productive and enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QC11 January 2017
Enjoyed working with the public and appreciated the customer service experience in retail. Working there as a student was a wonderful student job, not only the team but bosses as well were nice, kind and understanding.
Detailed summary
Customer Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 January 2017
Working is about learning about the customers obligations, production, and the product they sell. Its takes the time of a warm greeting, and lessening about what they are there for.

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location