Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd
1,069 reviews

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Demanding workplace requiring consistent effort to accomplish the job
PalletFlow (Current Employee), Goreway, BramptonJune 29, 2015
The shifts are from 545am - 345pm. I'm out the door by 4:45 and then pick product to meet the quota for each cycle. It becomes tough to consistently focus on the job for 10 hours but the days go by quick. Need to be mentally and physically ready for the day. Good job but can be very tedious.
it was alright working here
Responsible for Assisting people (Former Employee), Olds, ABJune 25, 2015
i liked working here since it was an easy job but the relationships that are going on there seem unfair seems they favorite people ..
Safe and fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: schedualed breaks, friendly co-workers, free lunches, dress down day
Cons: unorganized store, unprofessional management
While working at Canadian Tire, I made friends within the staff and had an incredible work experience. The staff was all very helpful and made it easy to be productive at work.
Great People and Good Work Environment
Service/Parts Advisor (Current Employee), West Kelowna, BCJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great People, Good Environment, Full Time Hours, Workable Time Table
Cons: Large Turnover, Insufficient Training, Low Wage, Management Issues
A good place to start to gain experience in the automotive industry, co workers are very friendly and have be trained to be a great service/parts advisor showing and giving customers the information they – more... need and the parts they require to keep there vehicle maintained at there best. There is some issues with management and large turnover can make it frustrating to keep up a good work flow with minimal mistakes due to lack of training time and training in general – less
fun
sales (Former Employee), mississauga ONJune 23, 2015
stock shelves and help customers
learned how to deal with customers.
hardest part is remembering where every items place is
basic retail experience
Full time sales associate in sports department (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 20, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
Not a great place of employment, poor wages and poor quality of products. Stable employment opportunity for students and the likes, definitely not a career.
Favouritism at it's highest.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Willowdale, ONJune 19, 2015
Pros: Shifts can be exchanged easily.
Cons: Everything else.
Not much to say really. It's based on the location due to the store being franchised. Bad management, disregard to worker's safety, and poor irate customer training.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaJune 17, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: minimum wage
I was a cashier at Canadian tire for a summer and thoroughly enjoyed my work experience. However, the management was not consistent on giving shifts that worked with my schedule, therefore causing conflict. The other cashiers were all very nice and helpful, making it work a fun and welcoming environment.
Fun place to work.
Housewares sales associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJune 17, 2015
On a typical day, I assist customers with purchases and make sure they are finding everything they need. My co-workers are all great, they enjoy their jobs and enjoy working in a team environment.
productive and fun place to work
Merchandising (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJune 16, 2015
Pros: it was interesting
Cons: being laud off
enjoyed working with the people who I worked with and the various places in the store days uit could be challenging at times but you deal with it
Well organized. Easy communication between employees.
Cashier (Former Employee), Bathurst, NBJune 15, 2015
Pros: Breaks and lunch hour
Cons: Not fast paced enough for me
A typical day at work involved ringing customers at cash and during off peak hours, facing merchandise and stocking shelves.

I learned how to deal with impatient customers.

Management was great. – more...

Co-workers varied in age and experience. It was a little harder to form friendships with so many people.

Hardest part of the job was getting price checks on wrongly priced items.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was counting CT money and operating the cash in general. – less
Flexible schedule and friendly management.
Floor Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 12, 2015
Pros: Discount on food at places around the store.
A very relaxed and flexible place to work. Management is very willing to bend the schedule to your needs if you have school or another job. When I was there co-workers we very friendly and cooperative.
Loading and unloading merchandise while supervising the warehouse crew.
Shipping and receiving Supervisor, (full-time) (Former Employee), Strathroy, ONJune 12, 2015
Pros: Positive atmosphere.
Cons: Rate of pay.
Loading and unloading merchandise from trailers.
Forklift operations.
Ensuring team work with the warehouse crew to maintain productivity and maintain high moral.
A lot of heavy lifting required.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such a positive crew.
It paied the bills.
Part time sports and seasonal clerk (Former Employee), Spryfield, Halifax, NSJune 12, 2015
Offering part time work bordering on minimum wage, every two weeks a four hour shift. However as a first official job, it was easy, stocking shelves was about it.
Very slow and boring shifts
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONJune 11, 2015
- Keep a lookout of cars in the gas pump area
- Rush to customers’ cars and greet them appropriately
Ask them how much gas they need pumped into their vehicle
- Assist customers in pumping gas or pump – more... gas for them if required
- Inform customers of how much they owe for pumped gas
- Take cash payments and return change
- Ensure that the convenience store part of the gas station is managed all times
- Supervise work activities of any sales representatives at the gas station
- Order and receive stock and ensure that all items are displayed on the shelves – less
Fun place to work
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCJune 10, 2015
The boss is nice. The job was not hard. My co-workers were nice to work with. The overall experience was beneficial. The hardest part of the job is heavy lifting.
An ok place for first job experience
Warehouse assistant (Former Employee), Canadian Tire Weston RdJune 10, 2015
Pros: Paid breaks
Cons: management
Typical day at work would be unloading goods from the trucks and locating them to their area and seeing which stock has to go on floor and which stays inside the warehouse .
I learned how to work faster – more... and smarter while also being safer . I also learned how to be a better team player .
My co-workers were really nice and i had a real fun time working with them and getting to know them on a personal level .
The hardest part of the job was unloading the truck which can vary from week to week and can have as little as 500 pieces or as massive as 2500 pieces .
The most enjoyable part was interacting with co-workers and building new relationships ,trust and respect . – less
Fun Workplace
AUTO PARTS COUNTER ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJune 8, 2015
A typical day involves making sure the customers are happy, and stocking shelves, making sure everything is organized.
A great place to work at.
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Bolton, ONJune 5, 2015
Every day I had a great experience, learned new skills and improved other skills. Co-workers and management were great to work with, I never had any issues.
A good place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 4, 2015
I have worked for this company for 27 years. It is a good place to work. If this company was currently hiring in the city where I am moving, I would continue to work there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos