Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 1,835 reviews matching the search
fun work eviorment
Automotive sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 29, 2016
great place to work. huge story with a lot of great people working with you. various duties time goes by quick. hot dog vender right out front of the store
A good learning experiance
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONSeptember 28, 2016
Canadian Tire is a good place to work. Everyone is very friendly and the management is awesome. I learned how to work a cash register and that's what I did in a typical work day. The hardest part of the job is that some things don't have bar codes to scan so calling the right department to find a bar code can be challenging. The most enjoyable part is that i get to meet and talk to new people.
Productive and safe work environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 27, 2016
Productive and safe work environment. Opportunity to do various tasks associated with the job. Nice colleagues to work with and always health and safety is taken care.
Awesome place to work
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 27, 2016
it was a great place to work I enjoyed my time there, the management was good the co workers were mostly nice and friendly and I just enjoyed working there and doing my part
A Good Job For Students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 27, 2016
Canadian Tire provides students with the opportunity to learn within a fast paced environment providing both flexible hours and a friendly work environment. The teamwork emphasized within canadian tire helps the workplace be productive and helps the workplace stay friendly. Although the workplace is friendly the organization is lacking. Many times management fails to properly organize tasks and often times this causes much confusion on the floor. Product is often lost and employees are often left with nothing to do while others are given too many tasks. As long as you remain a hard worker within this environment and you remain cooperative, it is an excellent and flexible job for anyone looking for a job during school or to fill in time between another job.
Pros
Flexibliity
Cons
Poor Managment
The dealer is an amazing man to work for.
Cashier, Customer service (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 26, 2016
Fun place to work...Great co-workers most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new and repeat customers everyday, everyone helps each other
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Enjoyed working with other, interesting to see new items go through till and sale items each week.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 26, 2016
I enjoyed working as a cashier, at times if needed I would help stock items in Seasonal Department (Xmas Items). The people I worked with were easy to get along with and friendly. Everyone respected each others space.
Busy and stressful job with poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONSeptember 26, 2016
I've never felt more stressed out about going to work more than I did at this job.
Co-workers were friendly, hours were good, though long, pay was fine. My boss was awful. She did not communicate very well and would often get angry at me. Mistakes were not taken lightly. She wrote my coworkers up for giving each other a high-five because it was "unprofessional". She yelled at me after booking me for a day that I had requested off, and that was the last straw for me so the next day I sent in my letter of resignation and two weeks notice. She then cancelled all of my shifts without telling me so when I showed up early for a shift, I found out I didn’t have to be there. She was the reason I (and many of my other co-workers) quit.
If you like customer service and problem solving this is a good job. The shifts were long, 8 or 9 hours usually. Some customers were mean but that's to be expected. CT money is kind of a pain to deal with, especially when a customer brings in large stacks of it. If it weren't for my boss I might've stayed. Personally I wouldn't recommend this job but every person is different and if you're up for the challenge it could be the right job for you.
Pros
Decent hours, friendly co-workers
Cons
HORRIBLE boss, long hours, ct money, stressful
a nice place to gain great experiences
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCSeptember 24, 2016
working over there was alright my job was to make the others job easier they would need something i would get it for them if it was possible. most of my co-workers were nice with me and enjoyed working with me because we could have a little fun still being able to work properly the hardest part of the job when you had 2 to 3 department ask you for 2 or 3 items i would have a list and would be running everywhere to try an get the items as fast as possible oh the best part of my job was at the end of the day when i get a (good job today Nathan) that made me feel like i did what i had to do
Pros
flexibles on scheduels an days off
Cons
expecting a job for 4 to be done by 1
Great culture
Category Business Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2016
CT had a great working environment and is a very collaborative workplace. Leadership team is very strong. The one downside is the lack of growth opportunities.
Pros
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
Productive but natural problems
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Canadian Tire for a first working experience is great because the teach you the wrongs and rights in a workplace and you learn the courage to stand up for wrong in a workplace and hope you don't get condemned for it. They have many faults that can be changed but it overall was eye opening experience. I gained insightful knowledge about the workforce and gained friends from it also.
Pros
Great Flexiblity
Cons
Long hours, Bad Pay
Your treated as a slave
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, ABSeptember 20, 2016
slave is all I can say they use you just to look good don't stand up to interviews after they get you in there to work we will just use him when time come we well let him go 1 month before before being with them for a year and wages
Pros
bad management
Cons
there are none
Great Staff to work with
Garden Centre Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 19, 2016
Canadian Tire is a great place to work. I have had a great 10 career with CTC. I have met a lot of great co workers that developed into great friendships. Hours can be rough but it is no different from any other retail job.
Pros
Free Lunchs
Cons
Never know the schedule for the up coming week until the 2 days before it started
Great company to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 19, 2016
I worked part time at Canadain Tire as a cashier. I left for a full time job at Zellers. It was a great company to work for with great training programs and profit sharing.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
part time when I needed full time at that time
More opportunity to grow
Gatehouse operating clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 19, 2016
Great morre opportunity to grow
The best part of the job its help yiu more to go up and level up yourself
And friendly surrounding
And learn to be part of the team
Pros
More benifits fir family
Cons
N/A
Good place
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Whitehorse, YTSeptember 18, 2016
Great place to work. Love Canadian tire. The co workers are the salt of the earth. Free lunches, great management, flexible ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!$$!$!!!!!!
Pros
Great benefits
Was not organied or ran fair at all
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ONSeptember 18, 2016
Many last minute scheduling, not enough staff, lost of doubles worked back to back. Gossip was daily, shifts were also not distributed fairly, sinuosity didn't matter.
Good learning environment, bad management
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ONSeptember 18, 2016
Fun and fast paced work, stocking, customer service. Unfortunately, abusive management at Espanola store mainly interested in the bottom line at employee's expense.
Pros
good starting point
Cons
Abusive management
need flexible schedule and be prepared to keep up
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 16, 2016
It is what you make of it. If you can put in long hours and keep up to the fast pace then you can succeed. Customer interaction can be rewarding yet difficult.
Pros
good people
Cons
long hours, not a set schedule, weekends, evenings etc
Always a fun and safe environment to work.
customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONSeptember 14, 2016
Everyday I learn something new and interesting. I learn to work under pressure and complicated situations in customer service. The fun part is interacting with customer and helping them with their questions and problems.

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location