Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,761 reviews matching the search
Feels at home so much but very busy
Supervisor/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 24, 2016
Good management, kind and understanding. The best part of the job is, it is so busy that I didn't know that its time to go home. Its like a family to me.
Pros
free breakfast sometimes when we work so hard
Cons
my back is always sore at the end of the day sometimes
Hard-working environment
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 23, 2016
Canadian Tire was a great place to get situated in work. The warehouse was clean and very professional. Every employee had strived for success in their own way. I could never say anything bad about an employer, but to find another spot like this would be great.
Pros
Good lunch room
Cons
Too busy
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
I liked the job but it was not for me. It was a part time job that i enjoyed working because it was flexible and made good friends. I got to meet a lot of interesting people along the way
Excellent team work with great staff
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONAugust 22, 2016
Unloaded trucks in the morning and separated the products for staging on the store floor. Quarantining seasonal products for future sales or holidays. Learned how to use a RF gun for locating/unlocating items in the warehouse and floor using a Fast Find program. Trained to operate forklift which was used to transport skids of products into trucks or to the garden centre. Prepared schedules for a team of 9 under my supervision in the warehouse. Hardest part of the job was some excessive handling of large products (gazebos, treadmills, garden sheds) that were not placed on skids during shipping.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
commuting
New owner I guess he had a different vision than the old owner
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  5404 Dalton Dr NW Calgary ABAugust 20, 2016
Personally I enjoyed working for Canadian Tire.
The New Owner had his own vision as to how he wanted his store
to run therefore he made the adjustments necessary to accomplish
this.
Very nice people and environment
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONAugust 19, 2016
I recommend this place to the entry level and they offer apprentice program very nice people. Thanks to Canadian tire I learned a lot of things
Low stress environment providing responsibility
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONAugust 19, 2016
The average day as a part-time employee includes ensuring a well stocked department. Throughout each shift various tasks would be assigned while tending to customers. Before the store closed all departments would have to clean and fix up all isles to be prepared for the next morning. I learned all the responsibilities of managing a department by myself after the supervisor left. Also, to work with other department co-workers to provide information and satisfaction to all customers.
Pros
Low stress, easy-going job
Cons
Not the best hours
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NSAugust 18, 2016
Your daily routine depends on your shift, but is very well laid out. I have learned many things regarding customer service and consumers. At present, I have learned many things regarding the hardware department, cash and look forward to learning more.

All of my co-workers are great to work with. They are pleasant and always willing to help out.

The hardest part of my job are the physical requirements. The most enjoyable parts of my job include helping people, always having the opportunity to learn more, being responsible for your own department, working with great people, always having the opportunity to move forward and being compensated for your advancements.
Productive workplace, and friendly culture.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ONAugust 18, 2016
For the time I worked there, I enjoyed upper management, and getting to serve the general public. My fellow staff were very helpful in my first month or two getting to know the job, very comfortable with flexible hours.
Pros
Flexibility in hours
Cons
Schedule was printed just a day before the work week started
Great company with benefits
Sporting Goods Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 18, 2016
Worked for Canadian tire as Sporting Goods Supervisor, enjoyed the fast paced environment and the customer service. Enjoyed working with the General Public and working with co-workers.
Pros
Fast paced
Work with some great people
Sales Associate - Hardware (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 16, 2016
Love working with my team. Everyone is super friendly and generous with their knowledge. My immediate manager is a wonderful lady, and is always on hand to support her staff. You do find that you are called upon to take on lots of tasks outside of your actual job remit. Staffing has been a pretty big issue, and turnover is pretty high. i think this would be resolved by employing the right people for the job, and not simply piling things onto existing staff - because they all seem to leave because of workload expectations. Sadly this is a big store run with a small store mentality.
Pros
Great workmates
Cons
High expectations - not great money
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 15, 2016
fun place to work and gain valuable work experience i operate lots of the equipment (forklifts genes) and great working environment the other employees are very helpful and kind.
Pros
free lunches on the 15 of the month
Cons
sometimes slightly unrealistic expectations
Excellent work environment, poor management
Cashier/ Front-End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 14, 2016
Whilst my schedule fluctuated, a typical day at work went by fairly easily as the working environment was very welcoming and social. Communicating with the customers as I rang them through quickly became second nature as it made the process less time consuming and more enjoyable. In the beginning, management was very down-to-earth and understood their employees on a personal level, but as time passed so did the pleasantries and soon the workplace became a lot less friendly and began to feel uncomfortable as some of the managers acted unprofessional. Co-workers, on the other hand, had always been very accepting and helpful to each other in the workplace and I found that to be a very big advantage as it was my first job.
Pros
Friendly environment, aid was easily accessible
Cons
Poor management, constantly fluctuating schedule
Co-workers make this job more enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 13, 2016
Although this job is very boring, the co-workers make the best out of a bad situation. Constantly joking around while being able to accomplish our days work.
Pros
Free Lunches Every Couple Months
Great place to work with
Fill Crew (Former Employee) –  Cambie, BCAugust 11, 2016
A fun workplace,a typical day at work is helping out with customers purchases and stocking on shelves.I learned to use scanners,Management was great they always give us incentives something you look forward to every month.There wasn't really a hard part of the job when you love your job.Most enjoyable part of the job is feeling accomplished after helping out the customers needs.
Pros
free food
Productive Workplace and Friendly Staff/Management
Cashier and stock person (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, ABAugust 11, 2016
In a typical workday I would run the till and bag items. I would also stock shelves, it all depended on what job I was assigned to that day. I learned good customer service skills and how to locate things throughout a store quickly and efficiently. The management was very easy to get along with and they worked well with the staff as a team to get the jobs done. I think the hardest part of the job was being short staffed on busy days with only very few tills at my location. The most enjoyable part of the job was how everyone seemed like one big family, when I left the job due to moving cities they gave me a card that everyone had signed.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
very few vacation hours
An experience
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2016
I learned about many different departments while at Canadian Tire; ranging from automotive to housewares. Unfortunately, during busy times, it was necessary for me to provide customer service in many different areas of the store due to a sometimes lack of staff in other sections The problem with this is, for different sections, I only knew basic information rather than specific. I was a part-time employee, but near the end of my time with Canadian Tire, I was working 40 hours a week; it was hard to manage school with so many hours. However, my coworkers in my section were very friendly, as were some of the managers, and in the end I would say that the staff made my time at Canadian Tire enjoyable.
Pros
Adjusted to my schedule (at first).
Cons
Part-time 40 hours.
service advisor
Automotive Service Advisor/ (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 10, 2016
flexible hours, better that mim wage cool people its not a bad over all exprience and they are supper flexible with time off
Mediocre to weak management
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 10, 2016
IT Ops was not well run. Management was indecisive and sometimes unprofessional. I also felt bullied by two managers.

Their grasp of modern software develop methodologies was a problem.

They cycle through a lot of staff.
Excellent work relations
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 10, 2016
My typical day involves electrical maintenance and repairs to equipment used in the distribution center.
It is great company to work for, I would recommend it to anyone.
My only problem is my shift. I have been working midnight for over eleven years. I am finding it a little difficult to do the continuous midnight shift.
Pros
I am confortable working with all the equipment in the DC
Cons
Midnight shift

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Reviews by Location