Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

hands on work
excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON21 November 2017
very enjoyable place to work. Everyone is friendly and willing to help you out with what ever task you needed help with. Hardest part of the job was finding the product in the back warehouse.
Pros
good discount
Cons
kinda messy in the warehouse
Great Employer
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2017
From the moment that I started my day until the end of my shift I was consistently busy. Whether it be answering phones, writing up work orders, doing up quotes it was never a dull moment.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Sometimes too busy
Productive workplace
Hardware (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC21 November 2017
Every day at the work place was very similar. Always had task sheets to complete. I did learn a bit more about paint that I hadn't known in the past. Management was not always great as they didn't communicate very well. Communication is a substantial key to success. The culture was fairly relaxed. The hardest part of the job was having to lift objects that were very heavy. I really enjoyed my customers and my co-workers.
Pros
Scheduled to suit family life
Cons
No pink or blue jobs.
It was a very good job at the time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NL20 November 2017
it was a very good position at the time.i learned time management. Responsibility Management. The workplace was comfortable and the people i worked with were great.
fast past and energetic
Senior Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2017
Great place to work,very fast pace energetic. Life work balance is the workplace culture. The most enjoyable part is that you get to learn the entire organization.
Good but could be better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 November 2017
Straight retail - as expected for such an environment. Great staff and great stores. Love the concepts and truly enjoyed working there. Management can be too tough and rigid. Demand above and beyond the call of duty sometimes without compensation - not even the verbal kind.
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dunnville, ON19 November 2017
It was a very great work environment. All the staff was super friendly and very helpful when learning. The computers were easy to pick up on, and the systems flow so well.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB17 November 2017
For this job the management was not all that great, training was difficult so was the overall organization of the store. It was a good learning experience for vehicle parts and hardware.
Busy work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK17 November 2017
Duties included. Daily gas price monitoring, Maintaining store and pumps. Submitting all data to head office. Running till and bank deposits. Dealing with customer concerns and complaints. Resolving issues
Wanted more hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON15 November 2017
The schedule had no back up for when we were sick, had to come in a lot of times even if i was vomiting and not feeling well. The customers always complained on how the prices we to high and they weren't complaining at the managers they were complaining at the cashier, AKA me.
stagnet
Sales Associate Auto Parts counter (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON15 November 2017
Little to no room for advancement. Loss of hours after peak seasons. Customer service oriented with strict department boundaries. Profit shares a bonus.
It was the perfect job for me
Renovator / Garden Center / Sports (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS15 November 2017
I liked working at CT. The renovation was tough at times but it made the day go by. Getting to set up hockey was awesome for me. Garden center was boring sometimes but it taught me alot about plants, it gave me some sort of respect for them too
Pros
Knowledge of product
Cons
Watching gate in center
Bon travail
Conseiller département quincaillerie (Former Employee) –  Amos, QC14 November 2017
Travail detudiant. Jai travailler dans la quaincaillerie pendant 2 été et j'ai bien aimer mon parcours aussi avec le service a la clientèle
Responssable du département de SPORT
Responsable du département de Sport (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB14 November 2017
Journée typique:
Rentabiliser le département de SPORT. Répondre aux clients avec courtoisie et rapidité.Soutenir mon équipe, distribuer les tâches et faire un compte rendue à tout les changement de chiffre. Veuiller à ce que la marchandise soit mise sur le plancher le jour meme de sont arrivée. Aider les autre départements. Répondre rapidement aux requêtes des caissières.

Ce que j'ai apprise:
Mon départ pour l'Alberta était un but précis
(APPRENDRE L'ANGLAIS)
Mon défit personnel:
D'apprendre vite l'anglais et de connaître les utilités de chaques accessoires de sport, pour bien conseiller les clients.

Culture des lieu:
Canadien Tire est un institution très bien orchestré, les détails sont révisé régulièrement.

La dificulté de ce poste et très stimulent pour moi:
Ce magasin était le plus petit en superfice au Canada, je devais jouer d'initiative pour que tout soit soigneusement présenté de plus Canmore est une régions ou les sports sont grandement prisés dans tout leurs aspect. Une belle réussite de 23% d'oguementation dans1 trimestre. Mon équipe et moi.
Pros
Bonne esprit d'entraide entre départements et la direction toujours la pour nous.
Cons
Salaire inssufisant
Productive with nice employees
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2017
The employees treated me nicely but most of the managers there acted like they were constantly better than you overall it was fun there was a good discount but it was constantly the busiest of all the other canadians tires around it
i worked receiving
Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 November 2017
very physcial demaninding .. ofthen me and my boss a small female unloading trailers 52ft long.. overtime pay getting yelled at but the fmaily who ran the buisness was lovely and overall had a great learning experince .. i last 5 motnhs put in my 2 weeks and even worked an extra fews days until i could find them a replacemnt
Unfriendly Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 November 2017
I faced racism from my supervisor and she wasn't very cooperative. Gave me vague instructions on how to perform tasks and complained when I unable to perform them because of that. I did not receive proper training I was promised and was left alone to work at customer service most of the time, which was difficult due to the lack of training.
Cons
Racist Manager
Nice people, good job, and the boss left treats for us in the break room.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB11 November 2017
Loved the people. Loved the job. Definitely gave me a sense of purpose. I miss that job, and I like to think that i was good at it. But we had to move back to New Brunswick when they cut my hours from full to part time, after they found out i was pregnant and had a 1 year old son at home. We just couldn't afford the costs of living anymore after that cut.
Pros
nice people
Cons
None that I can think of
Good starting work place, a place to learn
customer service (Current Employee) –  High River, AB11 November 2017
It was a good place for a starting job as a young individual. It was able to teach myself a good work ethic, as well as responsibility. From having this job it was a good way to introduce myself into a real world experience.
Fun and upbeat.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 November 2017
As a teen, working for Canadian Tire taught me the dos and don'ts of the working world. I learned many basic and important traits that I still carry with me today.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.