Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Disorganized workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Tecumseh Road EastApril 16, 2015
Pros: getting to interact with customers
Cons: other workers which whom are rude, very disorganized and very diffcult to get a day off.
Very disorganized, management does not know how to run the place. New promotions and deals are never explained properly to workers. Not allowed to drink water which is against health and safety regulations.
Fun and productive workplace
Installer (Current Employee), Guelph, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Long break
Cons: Short hours
A typical day at work would be constant work orders that need to be completed on different vehicles and requires a fair bit of labor. I learned how to do oil changes, tires, inspection sheets and filling out work orders properly and efficiently. Management is excellent and co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job would be to keep up with the work orders on a really busy day. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be listening to the radio and talking briefly among co-workers.
Life experience
Warehouse/Fill Crew (Former Employee), ottawaApril 14, 2015
Pros: people are nice
Cons: Work is boring
This is a great place to learn and understand about life in Canada. Friendly and accepting co workers made me feel right at home.
Great work environment, low pay.
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good work environment, good management, employee events
Cons: Low pay, possibly low hours
The management is very good and not too stringent. Being a sales clerk here is great if you like helping customers and keeping a department clean and stocked. You are constantly moving around the store, helping with carry-outs, helping customers find what they need, and stocking/facing shelves. A nice trait is not having to deal with transactions what-so-ever. The job is great, however the pay is predictably low for base employees.
Canadian Tire
Customer service (Former Employee), WinnipegApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great Lunch Room, Undrestanding Management, and A Store GM that is willing to go "go to the walls" for you
Cons: Mot as many full time jobs anymore
Canadian tire was one of those jobs you don't enjoy leaving. The company had layed me off in Late December of last year, but I re-applied for new employment. They have a wonderful friendly staff, and a helpful working environment.
fun environment outside for the summer
Customer Service (Former Employee), Swift Current, SKApril 12, 2015
opened the store, set the plants outside and watered them.
would spend time watering plants helping customers with purchasing of trees and plants. I would also run the till and close the outdoor section of the store
Worked with some great people over the years.
Inventory Disposition Coordinator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 12, 2015
Pros: Great pay, great benefits, great colleagues.
Cons: I won't comment as that would mean calling out one individual and I choose not to do that.
A typical day was busy from start to finish. Usually skipped breaks and lunches to get the work done that needed to be completed. I didn't mind. I held many roles and volunteer roles over the years and enjoyed all but one. I didn't deal much with management as most of the roles I held I worked alone and was pretty self-sufficient. I had some awesome colleagues, some of which I am still friends with although I no longer work there. I won't comment on the hardest part of the job as that would mean calling out one individual and I choose not to do that. The most enjoyable part of the role was providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
A good place to work
Sales Person (part-time) (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABApril 11, 2015
My typical day at work would be working hard and learning new things everyday. Plus getting to know where the new products would go. I learned while at Canadian tire some new skills which are understanding where things go in housewares.My coworkers are somewhat helpful at times when its not as busy. The hardest part of this job would be having nothing to do when you supervisor task are done. The most enjoyable would be getting to know the customers needs and wants
Well organized products labelling
Cashier (Former Employee), Cambie, BCApril 10, 2015
Pros: Ones every month barbeque during summer and breakfast during winter
Greeting and helping customers
Product knowledge
Well organized
Co workers are well mannered had team work
the most difficult part is to deal with demanding angry customer
but the most enjoyable part of being a cashier is when you satisfy your customer and how they appreciate your help and exchanging shopping experience.
First job
Full-Time Cashier/ Team Leader (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 8, 2015
My first job was exciting and new. I started as a cashier and gained more opportunity throughout my time there. I worked as a team leader and as a garden centre lead as well.
great coworkers and support structure
Customer Service (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: community feel, great benefits and salary
Cons: varying hours, high call volume, limited call support
even though it was a call centre, there was great communication between coworkers and supervisors. Great support team dedicated to employee success and satisfaction
Decent workplace
Sales Associate Hardware & Houseware (Former Employee), Richmond HillApril 5, 2015
An average day would be arriving at the store and stocking up on items that are not on the shelf. While restocking the store I would help customers in need with answering questions about a product or helping them find it.
Great company to help get into the workforce
Merchandising Associate, Promotions (Former Employee), oshawaApril 5, 2015
Good company that helped me get into to the workforce, and getting me ready for a career. overall a good company to help young people get into working in the real world
fun and busy workplace
Part time Seasonal department associate (Former Employee), st.albert, abMarch 31, 2015
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: low pay, minuscule discount
great atmosphere with lots of great employees but very underpaid for the work that they do. lots of different jobs and things to do around the store never bored and always busy.
Get the opportunity to meet and greet a variety of customers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Owen Sound Ontario.March 30, 2015
I work with some awesome people who all try to work together as a positive team. Learned many computer skills, some good and some not so good.
The hardest part of the job is trying to keep car wash running and dealing with inside customers when you are the only employee working at that time.
Most enjoyable is when it all comes together and all your customers leave happy.
A good place to work - with good benefits and work / life balance
Associate Business Manager (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and work life balance
Cons: Siloed at times
Lots of variety in terms of job duties
Learned a very systematic approach to marketing and new business development.
Management is very strategic
Great group of coworkers
Hardest part of the job is working within conservative guidelines for marketing and business management
Very supportive group of co-workers
Fun work place
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), KanataMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Amazing General Manager, Great staff to work with, many opportunities to move up with in the company
Cons: Not enough staff at times, Stressful environment
I really enjoyed working for Canadian Tire as I had the opportunity to work for two different locations, and both locations I worked for I had a great experience
Fun, productive and helpful
Stock Filler (Former Employee), Selkirk, MBMarch 26, 2015
Pros: incentive lunches, thank you lunches and always smiles and appreciation.
I enjoyed working with my team at Canadian Tire, if only for a short time. Everyone was friendly, helpful and patient. I learned a few things about different products, for example, fans, humidifiers/purifiers. I became adept at using a RF machine.
I found that one is never too old to learn something new.
Ok work environment
Cashier & Full-serve Attendant (Current Employee), Odessa, OnMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Freedom, as long as the custom is served and they are happy.
Cons: Disorganization of the company its self and its help desk.
Canadian Tire is an alright place to work and I definitely have enjoyed working there for the last 3 years. I year full-time and the other 2 part-time while I was in school. The manager at my store is very flexible with my school schedule so that does help and I have enjoyed that.

There are some things about the company that I do not agree with but I am sure that they will change over time.

My co-workers are great people to work with and I enjoy it a lot I do not what I would do during the days if I did not have them.

I like to keep busy and make sure that the store is cleaned on a regular basis and that everything is in working order.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: early mornings
fun workplace and great interactions with coworkers. Hard and very fast paced work environment with a tinge of physical fatigue. Very close to commute

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods – Read more

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Photos