Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 2,009 reviews matching the search
it was a good job
assist any and all customers (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 January 2017
I didn't work here very long but I enjoyed it everyone was friendly and the days went by fast as there was lots to keep you busy. the workplace itself is full of many different people, it was a great learning experience
Really enjoyed the customers, staff
Service Writer/Parts Department (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC18 January 2017
This was a great job. Thoroughly enjoyed working around automobiles, The staff was a lot of fun. Was a good atmosphere to work in. However there was not much chance of advancement. The company had great incentives. Learned to be proficient in problem solving.
Pros
great incentives
Cons
low wage
Not a happy or health work environment
Cashier (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
With working for the company for many years I have noticed that the morale is not where it used to be, due to new owner / management and lack of training.
Pros
Loyal
Cons
High demands
Cashier/Propane Dispensing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2017
Very positive happy environment, where employee's build each other up and assist one another with things if somebody needs help. Nobody tries to be better then anybody, we are all treated and behave as equals. and working hands on with customers is always interesting!
Pros
Good pay, Friendly staff, Flexible hours
Cons
Occasional brutal customers
extreme politics
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
- dirty politics
- almost no chances of advancement
- below industry wages
- few good folks that will assist you in achieving daily tasks or overcome issues
- lack of direction (pretty much every department is doing there own thing with no intention of achieving the greater good
- ego problems = extremely high
I dont recommend this place
Installer (Current Employee) –  Centre mall on17 January 2017
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone because the people are rude around here management sucks and the pay is C.R.A.P and I don't even work enough hours to make a living
Pros
Cons
So little hours and not enough pay
Fun Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB17 January 2017
Great place to work. Love the new owners they were super sweet and helpful. The staff were also help and always willing to help.
Security could have been better, watching people just a little more while walking out the door.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work, friendly environment
Full Time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 January 2017
I love working here, great management, always learning to learn departments and more about company and what we sell. I always love coming into work.
Customer Care rep/sales rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 January 2017
answered phones
greeted customers
checked inventory
cut keys
engaged with customers
standing for long periods of time
multi tasked under pressure
worked holidays and over time
worked weekends
able to work as a sales associate/and stock clerk
Pros
Close to home, no commute
Cons
Not a positive work enviroment, no healthly boundaries
Every Store is different...
Service Adviser/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON17 January 2017
Every store is run different as different people own them. I worked out in Bowmanville and in my opinion the Service Manager should not have been a Manager.

I liked the people I was working with, but the Manager didn't take the old computer program out of the computer and that made it very confusing when writing work orders up for service. When you made an error he made you feel like it was your fault but it was his lack of computer skills that kept two different programs running on the same computer.

The pay is good and competitive with dealerships.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Bad choice of Service Manager
Stressful but you learn retail very well
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC16 January 2017
The hardest part of the job was working with customers and other employees. Hard work is hardly ever rewarded unless you have been working there for 3+ years. No real room to advance in the company unless there is a open position in management, which is very rare. Overall its not a bad starting point, good for getting some experience but has a way of sucking you in and not letting go.
Pros
Learn all aspects of retail
Cons
Work 364 days of the year, no graveyard stock
Fullfilling job, enjoyed being of service to customers
Sales Associate$ (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 January 2017
The job included, not only serving customers, but also maintaining stock levels on the sales floor, general cleaning duties. I also enjoyed very much working closely with mechanics.
I did learn an awful lot about car parts and what different accessories were for.
Management was alright for the most part. Dealers were a little different. Once I reached a managers position I worked very hard, once I was told what my salary would be, it was a terrible disappointment.
For most part my co-workers were awesome, helpful when I did not know anything about cars, and great when I was more seasoned.
The hardest part of the work was lifting batteries from the shelves, it is difficult whet you have to reach higher for a heavy item.
The best part of the job was enjoying to see a satisfied customer and the interactions with most of the staff.
Pros
Good customer relations
Cons
Pay not not quite relative to job responsibilities
Great Canadian Company
Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 January 2017
I worked at Canadian Tire Warehouse for about 41/2 yrs as a temp and under limited time contract. Most jobs fairly easy to learn. If you can read a label and move boxes you can do it. I often exceeded the required work quota, sometimes by 100%. I did get more 'preferred jobs' for working hard. Thought I was deserving of a full-time job, but I didn't get one. The social/cultural factor that was important to them, I don't have. I work hard, I'm polite and professional, but I'm not real chatty.

Managers are well trained and professional, but there is a definite pecking order in the hierarchy. Overall I think it was a mutually beneficial experience. I learned a lot, and worked a lot. I'm very happy to have helped out at a great Canadian Company.
Student environment job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC15 January 2017
Worth a try as a student job. Plenty of students are employed some of who are nice. Management is a little strict with employee benefits. However, it is a good start as a student.
it was a good place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL15 January 2017
I enjoyed working with people and meeting new people. I do my job and I am a hard worker and fast learner. I get along with people. the job was physical but I had no problem. the best part of th job was the people I met, .
Productive and fun workplace with great coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 January 2017
My day consist of with greeting guest as they check out in a fun and energetic mood and to encourage them to return back for future purchase that they may find in other retail outlets. while working there I learned the basics of money math and eventually got excellent at it, i also learned that the way you talk and greet people is a way to get customers to return because first impressions are critical.
Good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON15 January 2017
Overall a good company to work for.
Most customers are great
friendly staff
long lunch
I learned a lot about sports
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Loved the work and the staff!
Renovations (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NB14 January 2017
I loved the crew I worked with! I had great hours, there was awesome music all the time! I loved getting pays of like $600 or more! I loved the music they always had playing! I really miss working here!
Pros
Close by, awesome hours, amazing pays, welcoming, fun, good pace.
it was nice experience working there
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 January 2017
i learnt many things like teamwork, co operation and also leadership qualities. I met with many different people there.
Pros
popsicles
Good Place to Volunteer With
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC14 January 2017
It's a good volunteer program, very fun and it's something I really enjoyed. Canadian Tire is also a good place to work at. Their JumpStart Program helps kids have fun outside which is great.