The Site Quality Inspector is responsible for performing QC activities for inspection of work and materials on the basis of inspection and test plan activities, ensuring that the construction work is performed in accordance with the contract plans and specifications as well as to all applicable safety regulations.
The individual must be capable of working independently or within a team environment.
- Understanding & interpreting the requirement and details of the contract drawings and specifications;
- Inspecting the work according to the required established frequency and checklists;
- Examining (measuring, testing) the work to the detail requirements to ensure contract compliance;
- Keep accurate and completed documentation of work performed.
- Report non-compliances immediately & follow up on these and Punch-list items until completion and sign off.
- Monitoring the constructed site for quality assurance, tracking and reporting on the status of inspection activities and maintain daily records of activities completed.
- Ensure great customer and subcontractor relations are developed and maintained.
- Help support investigations of non-conformances and responses to onsite customer representatives.
- Help with final site commissioning activities in accordance with established procedures and installation schedules.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and company policies.
- Conduct other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a quality role. Special consideration will be given to Quality Accreditation’s (ASQ/AIAG) and technical courses completed (Auditor, etc.),
- Relevant 3 to 5 years (EPC) or (EPCM) Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management Experience
- Bachelor of Science or Technology Diploma in Electrical / Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis,
- Professional demeanour at all times,
- Strong leadership abilities and confident, consistent decisive personality,
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed,
- Good organizational skills.
- Candidate should be proficient in English (spoken and written). The ability to speak or read French will also be an asset.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work,
- Good written and verbal communication skills,
- Desire for innovative thinking and continual learning,
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Office and e-mail required.
- Able to lift up to 25 kg.
- Good knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for construction projects
- Access to a vehicle and possession of a valid Ontario driver’s licence.
- Available to work extended hours during construction including nights and weekends as required.
- Travel and work on contracts throughout Ontario
- This will include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as construction environment, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
We do want to thank all candidates for their interest, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No agencies or phone calls please.
Indeed - 13 months ago