Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
We are currently looking for a Purchasing Coordinator – London Ontario - to join our team:
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for supporting and administering duties related to purchasing, logistics and inventory for the overall performance of procurement. With a focus on continuous improvement processes, the Purchasing Coordinator must perform a range of duties supporting managers and staff to ensure success business operations.
- Support buyers, planners, and inventory personnel
- Provide material forecast to vendors
- Daily track payment, delivery and receiving status
- Expedite material deliveries in order to timely meet production need
- Manage, maintain, and update Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Provide support on data transaction in the ERP system
- Work with the other department areas to raise the awareness for procurement issues and coordinate to resolve the issues
- Participate in customer and supplier relationships including credit and ordering related duties and general communication
- Support documentation administration to account payable
- Assist in maintaining optimal inventory levels at multiple locations and perform monthly reconciliations
- Assist in sourcing new vendors
- Assist in purchasing negotiations
- Provide reports
- Participate in all safety related activities, reinforcing and creating an environment that fosters and requires safe work practices
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external plant policies and procedures
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree/Diploma in procurement field and/or related experience
- Analytical skills with particular attention to detail
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key external stakeholders
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Office and enterprise ERP system and e-mail required
We do want to thank all candidates for their interest, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No agencies or phone calls please.