Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician I for our Guelph Manufacturing facility:
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for installation, test, modification, troubleshooting, and repair of automated production and various facilities equipment.
- Work with other members of the maintenance team and other groups to continuously improve machine performance, OEE, drive product quality and manufacturing, maintenance cost improvement.
- Monitor daily machine/tool performance, perform regular checks, and implement actions to improve availability and yield
- Perform data analysis, recommend and/ or develop actions, and document results, generate report and present to Operations team as needed
- Diagnostic, troubleshooting various production machines, such as stringers, laminators, conveyors and robots;
- Debug and commission control systems relate to production robotics, machinery and assembly equipment in the facility.
- Plan, schedule and conduct machine preventative maintenance, overhaul maintenance, routine check, month/week/shift inspections.
- Implement machine retrofit, modification, re-tooling, fixtures as required by production, work with workshop for tooling and fixtures design, manufacturing and delivery.
- Assemble and test experimental mechanical/electrical parts and make changes according to the engineer's instructions.
- Provide machine operation, maintenance, troubleshooting trainings to operators and other team as needed.
- Development, document machine maintenance, operations, training related documentations to support standard operations
- Support others with machine/maintenance expertise and experience specific to various projects (i.e. lean manufacturing, 5S, cost reduction, TPM etc…)
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and company policies.
- Conduct other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Four-year apprenticeship program certified by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, and 3 years plus work experience in manufacturing environment, worked in machine maintenance, automation, PLC/Robotics program industry, or College Manufacturing Tech program completion.
- Experience in moving, assembling, disassembling, troubleshooting, and repairing various types of machinery and equipment,
- Aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications,
- Knowledge of PLC, electric and pneumatic parts, schematic/mechanical drawings, machine control, HMI interface, Strong programming, electrical problem solving skills.
- Allen Bradley, Omron, or Siemens PLC, ABB/Kuka robotic knowledge a asset
- Certification specializing in electrical, systems or computer engineering is an asset.
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work rotating continental shifts.
Please note: Canadian Solar is willing to train!
Indeed - 16 months ago