The Project Manager prepares, directs, and coordinates the preparation of project documentation such as engineering proposals, drawings, project specifications, schedules, and contract modifications. Must insure that customer contract requirements are met. The candidate will be responsible to coordinate with the end buyers, EPC Subcontractors, system hardware suppliers and system integration partners required provide a ‘turn-key’ photovoltaic solar farm solution.
Knowledge of with municipal, provincial codes, medium voltage power systems and integrated photovoltaic system applications would be highly desirable. Experience with construction project management is essential.
- Conduct comprehensive due diligence for solar project opportunities and ensure the successful execution of projects by CSI’s EPC partners from a technical standpoint throughout the entire project span.
- To this end, the Project Manager will review load data, site photos and other documentation as well as interact directly customer representatives. Site visits will be required.
- Work in conjunction with in-house system designers as well as EPC partners to prepare project-specific system design plans that take into account customer site- and project considerations as well as pertinent local codes and regulations.
- Create system schematics and drawings. Review all system design and engineering work created by EPC partners and recommend any necessary changes to ensure maximum system performance and reliability as well as the highest possible return on investment.
- Assist EPC partners in the development of project bill of materials, timelines and budgets. In cases where this work has been completed, review the plans submitted by EPC partners to ensure accuracy and feasibility of plans.
- Oversee project execution to ensure that all systems are installed exactly according to plan and that there are no technical installation errors committed that would decrease system performance or lifespan or cause potential system failure.
- Serve as a technical expert for Canadian Solar’s PV product line. Communicate effectively with customers, answering questions related to product attributes and usage and providing phone support or on-site troubleshooting in case of system malfunction. Make recommendations to EPC partners as to which modules are most appropriate on project-by-project basis.
- Engage in marketing activities where appropriate and requested, for instance by participating at industry trade shows.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to internal and external team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Confers with engineers, managers, customers, and others to discuss the project, prepare project technical proposals and documents.
- Schedules due dates for drawings, specifications, software, technical manuals, and other documents required to complete technical proposals.
- Monitors the status of the project to ensure documentation is submitted according to schedule.
- Reviews and verifies project documents for completeness, format, and compliance with contract requirements.
- Submits project proposals and documentation to management for approval, and transmits approved documents to the customer.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and company policies.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
BS in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) is required; a Master’s degree is preferred
Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a Project Manager
It is essential that the Project Manager possess strong communication skills, including the ability to give persuasive presentations. The ability to respond well to questions and analyze complex requirements is essential.
Minimum capabilities will include the following:
- Technical proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite. Including Word, Excel and Microsoft Projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD or SolidWorks Cad software is desirable.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients and other departments
- Strong understanding of PV system design, including the proper usage of basic components and conventional installation and interconnection methods.
- Strong technical aptitude. A background in mechanical or electrical engineering would be of great value.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to use all industry standard PV simulation tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong ability to explain complex technical topics and systems.
- Proven ability to work and excel in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment and to perform multiple roles and functions simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of relevant federal and local laws and incentive schemes, including the Ontario Power Authority’s Feed-In Tariff (FIT) program. Ability to design systems that make the best use of these programs and thus maximize ROI for end customers.
- Experience working for an international organization strongly preferred.
Indeed - 2 years ago