To ensure consistent, cost effective support of client side devices and services. Works on all aspects of the client device management including technology selection, configuration, upgrades and Tier 2 (client support) and 3 (vendor level) help desk support. Provide ethnical support for the implementation of the Canadian Solar Inc. Information, Networking, and communications systems and related Software.
- Develop and maintain positive customer (internal and external) relationships while always striving to attain the highest level of Customer Service and Satisfaction.
- Provide onsite and telephone support for computer hardware and telephone systems used at Canadian Solar Inc.
- Provide support for Microsoft operating systems and applications, and other Canadian Solar Inc. standard software packages.
- Administer, and provide onsite and local telephone support, including maintenance and upgrades to the file servers, workstations, wiring topology, switches, back-up system, printers and print servers.
- Administer and support the network communication systems used for customer support and software updates.
- Specify and/or recommend computer equipment and software required for new users.
- Provide basic training on the use of the network and the Canadian Solar Inc. standard software packages to new users, as well as providing support to users specific issues of using software packages when required.
- Implement strategies and infrastructure enhancements that will improve the reliability, integrity, security, and performance of client side devices and services.
- Communicate opportunities for improved leveraging of hardware, software, and support resources including standardization.
- Ensure appropriate provisioning of all client device administration functions including operating systems, utilities, emulators and other related client side application software in accordance with business requirements
- Ensure client side systems are designed for optimum performance, cost, resilience, and systems effectiveness.
- Ensure that appropriate client side device security safeguards are designed, implemented and periodically validated.
- Ensure backups adhere to data backup policies and that all client based software and data are adequately protected and recoverable.
- Ensure all system problems are tracked and logged in accordance with problem management procedures. Participate in trend identification and root cause analysis and corrections.
- Ensure all client side device technologies are well researched, tested, and documented prior to implementation in a production environment.
- Manage client side software installation, upgrades, patches and problem fixes.
- Ensure proper registration of license keys and licensing compliance, participate in auditing of client licensing.
- Ensure that client device security is maintained in accordance with corporate security polices. Participate in security compliance review.
- Manage all system changes including testing, scheduling, and production implementation in compliance with approved change control process.
- Ensure client devices are sized and configured in accordance with standards and client requirements.
- Ensure that all operational and service level objectives are monitored and achieved.
- Co-ordinate problem resolution with other IT support teams (eg. Business Systems, Corporate infrastructure) to ensure timeliness.
- Remain current in Canadian Solar Inc. client technologies and IT industry trends and best practices.
- As required, provide after-hour and weekend support as part of an “On-Call” rotation and travel to other Canadian Solar Inc. sites and training conferences as deemed necessary.
- Provide backup support for the Network and Systems Administration areas are required and participate in resolving critical incidents and emergency changes.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Code of Business Conduct or corporate policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A post-secondary technology diploma or engineering degree, or equivalent, specializing in computers, networking or information systems.
- Industry Standard certifications such as CompTIA A+, Server+, MCSE, CCNA would be an asset.
- Hands-on experience in programming and troubleshooting with current hardware and programming software.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard