Title: Office Administrator
Reports to: Executive Director
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Administrator is responsible for supporting a wide range of corporate services related to CRKN’s internal operations and relationships with external stakeholders. The Office Administrator plans, coordinates, and delivers all administrative support functions for common services in CRKN through internal and external resources, tools, systems and service partners. The Office Administrator is the primary support for all staff in their roles as resource personnel for the organization’s governance function (Board, Committees, task groups, etc.) and also serves as liaison to the administrative staff of Board and Committee members and other external stakeholders. Finally, the Office Administrator oversees the management of the organization’s files (physical and electronic) and corporate records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Office Administrative Support
- Ensure the smooth operations of all common services, equipment and tools within the office;
- Provide administrative support to all functional areas of the organization, including meeting scheduling and coordination, document preparation, file maintenance, travel arrangements, expense claim submissions, vacation scheduling, etc.;
- Liaise with suppliers to order materials and services, respond to inquiries and requests, and maintain physical office and equipment;
- Manage the flow of correspondence and visitors to the office, including organizing logistics and preparation of supplies and equipment for meetings, managing in-coming and out-going mail and couriers, answering and/or redirecting inquiries, etc.;
- Maintain business databases and contact lists;
- Act as key point of contact for CRKN to coordinate schedules and manage logistics for Board and Committee meetings;
- Work closely with the Executive Director and staff to ensure effective planning, preparation and delivery of materials, and administrative support for Board and Committee meetings;
- Respond to and follow up on inquiries and requests that arise before, during and after meetings;
- Take meeting minutes; prepare, summarize, communicate and track decisions and official documents arising from governance meetings;
- Coordinate documentation and revisions regarding governance and organizational policies, bylaws, official documents, organization charts, etc.;
- Maintain corporate registry to track Board and Committee member terms; organize and maintain the archival records of Board and Committee meetings as appropriate;
Event Planning and Coordination
- Provide administrative coordination and support for internal and external events, including working with other staff to plan logistics, secure goods and services, and execute events, (e.g. booking facilities and equipment, arranging catering, identifying and coordinating work with vendors and suppliers, etc.);
- Contribute to project management from initial planning of event through to event wrap-up and post-event reporting;
- Coordinate preferred vendor lists for supplying facilities, equipment and supplies for CRKN to leverage volume and repeated activities to secure optimized pricing.
- In a small team environment each individual is expected to work towards overall CRKN goals. This requires team effort and on occasion may require individuals to take on tasks outside the normal scope of their roles.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Occasional travel within Canada is required, primarily for the organization’s annual general meetings.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma, and additional training in business administration, customer service, event planning or other relevant areas.
- 10+ years of senior level administration or office management experience, ideally with national not-for-profit organizations, academic organizations or those with a strong member/customer services focus.
- Experience supporting a range of business operations and activities, such as facilities management, process planning, meeting and event coordination, corporate records management, etc.
- Extensive experience working with senior staff, Board members, other administrative support personnel, etc. in coordinating and organizing logistics for Board and Committee meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with members, key stakeholders and senior-level administrators and staff in multiple institutions.
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust and engage a diverse range of stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage a wide variety of tasks often with conflicting deadlines and priorities.
- Solid business skills and understanding to gain optimal pricing, services, and arrangements for CRKN operations and events.
- Superior skills with office and business tools, including computer software applications such as contact management systems, office equipment and web-based tools.
- Demonstrated writing skills and the ability to prepare correspondence, briefing documents and meeting minutes.
- Bilingualism; proficiency in English and French, written and spoken.
- High level of initiative, and demonstrated ability to anticipate and address what needs to be done;
- Strong work ethic and ability to contribute to a high-performance staff team;
- Proactive and positive attitude, and ability to apply fresh ideas and innovations to his/her and the team’s work;
- Motivation and demonstrated ability to seek out and apply new tools to improve performance and achieve organizational efficiencies.
- Able to express thoughts and ideas in a clear and compelling manner both written and orally, and a collaborative manner to seek out the opinions of others with a view to finding the best solutions for the organization;
- Able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor in stressful and challenging circumstances and in the face of multiple deadlines.
- Takes ownership of tasks and is motivated to follow through to completion;
- Achieves personal satisfaction from producing high quality results that have a positive impact on the organization;
- Able to establish strong and trusting relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders;
- Able to exercise sound judgment, and convey information with discretion, tact and composure.
- Respects the values and differences that all members of a small team bring to an office environment; adaptable to different approaches and flexible to move in new directions as needed;
- Seeks to continuously develop skills and knowledge.
Salary scale: The CRKN offers a salary commensurate with experience plus exceptional benefits
Expected appointment date: late October 2012, depending on chosen candidate’s availability.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard