Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews in Canada

Loved the work atmosphere
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONApril 12, 2013
Typical day at work was going into homes and taking care of clients needs. I have learned how to manage my time and to make sure that all that is required of me to be done properly.This was a job you work alone. Management was very helpful. The hardest part is that i did not have my full licence and work had to schedule me to clients i could easily get to. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that my clients where satisfied and alot of clients would specifically ask for me to be there worker.
Pros
na
Cons
na
great way to give back to community locally, nationally and globally
DM Instructor/Disaster Manager (Current Employee) –  Coastal region, BCNovember 6, 2013
working with individuals and groups of people who have been effected by disasters and require assistance to move on and develop a normal life style post disaster.

I also teach disaster management for the Red Cross and have taught in various locations in western Canada
Pros
truly humanitarian organization
Cons
occasional long hours, occasional stress
Volunteer For Canadian Red Cross
Branch Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 8, 2012
I enjoyed volunteering with Canadian Red Cross. They are friendly to work with. A typical day I did at Canadian Red Cross is answering phone. I delivered message and directing phone calls to the appropriate person and do some filing. The people I worked with are very friendly and nice. The hardest part of the job is trying not to make mistake with the switchboard.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A work environment focused on helping people.
EAA to Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 29, 2013
Employee driven position as executive assistant to the director of Human Resources. Learned how to organize a reception for the Queen of the Netherlands upon her visit to the Head Office and also learned how to coordinate a three floor office move within the city of Ottawa.
Pros
very kind, compassionate and friendly employees.
Cons
no cons.
I enjoy working with the people and meeting the clinets needs
Office Worker/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NSJuly 15, 2014
I started my volunteer work there as part of a on the job training from the work center. The typical day is checking the equipment and making sure that the equipment is inspected and ready for the clients as they come in to borrow them for three months.
A great opportunity to support community
Branding Design (Current Employee) –  OntarioJuly 7, 2014
Doing work for the Canadian Red Cross is a great opportunity to serve the community on a variety of different levels in a team environment. During my Thunder Bay Flood deployment I learned about logistics and became the lead for acquisitions and purchasing supporting all the front workers out in the community. My co-workers were amazing and came from diverse backgrounds having come in from all over the country. The hardest part of the job was being away from my own family. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving community and making new friends with such quality people. During my time serving The Canadian Red Cross was very supportive to all volunteers and their well being physically as well as emotionally. It was nice to be a part of a group of like minded people wanting to help others in any way they could.
Pros
food and travel provided
Cons
missing family at home
good overall
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  BramptonFebruary 2, 2015
I worked as a temp. Can't say much about the place as I was only there a few weeks, I was alone most of time. I worked the phone lines directing people's calls.
Pros
quiet and relaxing
Cons
no training
Friendly and Professional Work Environment
Administrative Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 27, 2013
Although I was an unpaid volunteer at this establishment, I knew that my contribution was highly valued by my co-workers. Working at the Red Cross is my dream and the work that is done there is the reason why I studied politics at university and for that I find it extremely fulfilling.
one day I was ask to work over night and it was Christmas day no body like to work it that time
Cared for the elderly (Current Employee) –  111 johnson ave thunder bay ONJune 17, 2014
, enjoy challenges and the opportunity to develop new skills
Able to monitor and maintain a healthy and safe

Able to perform physically demanding labour.
Pros
i have never get free lunch at work
Cons
i will like to work long hours
Review
PSW (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONAugust 10, 2012
travel time inbetween clients not suitable
I learned to manage my time
employer keeps us informed
co-workers are kept busy do not see often
hardest part of job is getting more time allowed for people who really need it
enjoyable part is to see my clients smile
Pros
experience of all aspects of client care
Cons
not enough hours-travel time to far
good place to work but time consuming!!
CSW/PSW/HCA (Current Employee) –  Muskoka, ONJanuary 22, 2013
You do an hour at 1 clients home then you have a different amount of time in between clients that changes every day that you are not payed for but still have to be on-call for! Some times it can take 12 hours out of your day just to do and get payed for 8 hours.
Pros
aiding and socializing with clients
Diverse and nice
Customer Service Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 12, 2013
I love working with other volunteers who come from different backgrounds. We all want to contribute more to the community.

The position is flexible and challenging, but that is also the beaty of it. We never get tired of doing searches and answering all sorts of questions on the phone.
Very Flexible work hours for part time employees
Instructor/Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 27, 2013
As an instructor for the Canadian Red Cross, your environment is always different and challenging. New people, and different learner types allows for a constantly changing teaching environment.
Pros
meet know people in every course. lots of fun
Cons
jobs are not guaranteed
Canadaian Red Cross
Personal Assistant for Lawyer (friend) - part-time (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QCMarch 28, 2013
I am an a Assistant at Fundraising team. I am called when they do need me and my assistance. I learnt a lot of new things related to the fundraising activities in Montreal. I am happy with my team and would like to say that management works very well too.
Pros
meeting up
Cons
not often
Productive and team oriented workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 21, 2014
Excellent co-workers, great job culture. Very well organized training.
Supportive management that encourages you to grow and learn. Continuous learning and encouragement and appreciation on a job well done. Excellent morale.
Too much of nothing.
AED Instructor (Former Employee) –  MississaugaApril 23, 2012
Canadian Red Cross is managed at mid and lower level by persons who do not realize the importance of resource utilization "at all."

They are whimsical egotistical and unable to live to the standards of Canadian Red Cross
Pros
once a nobel ideal.
Cons
inability to use resources of its temporary staff.
Certification
Student (Former Employee) –  SudburyMarch 1, 2015
Easy to learn hands on training that allows you to learn valuable techniques that can help saves lives. Organized and simple
Typical Day
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 16, 2012
My typical day was never the same. I would help whoever needed help with their work. I learned a lot working at Canadian Red Cross such as how to balance accounts, accounts payable, proper phone ettique and general office duties. Overall best job experience I ever had.
Unique workplace with a really good team
Standard First Aid & First Responder Instructor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJanuary 12, 2013
It is a very casual job where I set my own hours and my own class schedules. Amazing environment with inspiring students. In addition to teaching I have participated as a first responder at many events. The other instructors are amazing and are always willing to help out with large courses and teaching sessions. I love to teach and work with people and just the constant flow of new people is exciting. The hardest part would be adjusting teaching styles for individuals but I have always manage to figure out a way to make the student process or understand. I have learned different teaching approaches, patience, time management, and am constantly updating and maintaining my basic first aid skill as well as have the opportunity to work with those more advanced and skilled who are always teaching me new skills.
Pros
side job that i can do around my own schedule
Cons
no benefits, not always a consistant in flow of work
Busy Office Environment
Client Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Barrie, OntarioAugust 27, 2013
Working at Red Cross Care Partners is an exciting busy environment. Flexible with schedule and great support. Scheduling 10,000 hours weekly. Great training program.
benefits
Cons
long hours, afterhours, weekends