Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews in Canada

one day I was ask to work over night and it was Christmas day no body like to work it that time
Cared for the elderly (Current Employee) –  111 johnson ave thunder bay ONJune 17, 2014
, enjoy challenges and the opportunity to develop new skills
Able to monitor and maintain a healthy and safe

Able to perform physically demanding labour.
Pros
i have never get free lunch at work
Cons
i will like to work long hours
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONJune 9, 2014
Good hours, quiet, nice people definitely somewhere I could've stayed permanently
Pros
great hours
Management very disorganized
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 28, 2014
Very high turn over rate of supervisors and personnel. Very low moral, and extremely hard to make any contact with management and other staff. There was never a healthy balance of work and home life.
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  1305 11 Ave SW Calgary ABMay 27, 2014
A humanitarian organization helping vulnerable people since long
Pros
fun environment
Cons
high turnover
Every day is learning day
Network and Hardware Support (Former Employee) –  May, ONMay 8, 2014
• Diagnosis and resolution of complex IT problems including migration from Windows XP to Windows 7
• Level 1 & Level 2 phone, email and onsite support to employees
• Assisted employees in troubleshooting problems relating to Operating system issues (Win 7 2003/XP),Network connectivity, TCP/IP configuration and upgrade, Network printers and copier installation and troubleshooting
• Configured users rights and permissions, disabled and enabled accounts, file and folder permissions and configured logon profiles through Active Directory
• MS Exchange 2010/2012 configured and troubleshooting all mailbox style
• Used Service Now and IBM TSD ticketing system.
Very nice workplace
Data Entry Clerk, Finance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 29, 2014
I felt so at ease because the office environment is very nice, the employees as well as the superiors are very accomodating and very friendly.
Workload is tight but manageable.
Dealt with four different program
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2014
* Answer phones
* Client intakes or referrals
* Scheduling for transportation clients
* Train new co-workers
* Team of six
A brand new adventure every week. Fun, exciting, challening, humbling.
Violence and Abuse Prevention Facilitator (Current Employee) –  ONApril 16, 2014
Working for the Canadian Red Cross in their RespectED Department is a very fast paced, fun, energetic program. Their initiatives around Violence and Abuse Prevention becomes very humbling work. However, it is casual work and I'm looking for full-time work and job security.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the travel and working with different indiviuals who work with children and youth.
Pros
networking, travel, meeting and working with new people.
Cons
need to have more full-time hours.
wellness room for the staff
Customer Service Provider/ Medical Equipment (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2014
It was a very positive environment always helping other was wha us as a team did.
Pros
free parking
great work experience, welcoming staff
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 27, 2014
Working at the Canadian Red Cross I gained a great work experience that can benefit me in my future careers. I worked with customers both in person and on the phone selling merchandise and advertising for upcoming events, I assisted in the setting of the branch along with where the events are taking place, and did computer work (research, signing people up for classes, creating invoices). I also kept track of inventory weekly. At the red Cross I became certified for CPR and First Aid Level C. Everyone at the workplace were very inviting and we all worked together as a team to present our best work.
Pros
up beat evironment
Productive work place, with hard working staff and volenteers
Heath Equipment Loan Program ( HELP) Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 27, 2014
A average work day is taking in coming phone calls, helping clients who are there to pick up short term loan equipment for family, friends or themselves. Picking the orders for clients and explaining how the equipment works for there safety. When needed I also cleaned equipment to be able to restock inventory. I have learned how to handle myself in a very fast place work place.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough equipment for all clients who need the equipment. The co- worker are hard workers as well.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clients who really need the equipment and are happy we are there to help them.
Pros
free parking down town
Cons
shortage of staff at times
organised and helpful
Coordinator for Meals to Seniors (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJanuary 8, 2014
I learned how much the Red Cross really helped people. Management was very helpful and wanted to be there versus treating it like just another job. Everyone of my co-workers were happy and upbeat and helpful among each other. The hardest part of the job was putting volunteer's file up to date and the most enjoyable part was everytime a volunteer when over and beyond your expectations
Pros
stable hours
Cons
not enough pay
A work environment focused on helping people.
EAA to Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 29, 2013
Employee driven position as executive assistant to the director of Human Resources. Learned how to organize a reception for the Queen of the Netherlands upon her visit to the Head Office and also learned how to coordinate a three floor office move within the city of Ottawa.
Pros
very kind, compassionate and friendly employees.
Cons
no cons.
Friendly and Professional Work Environment
Administrative Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 27, 2013
Although I was an unpaid volunteer at this establishment, I knew that my contribution was highly valued by my co-workers. Working at the Red Cross is my dream and the work that is done there is the reason why I studied politics at university and for that I find it extremely fulfilling.
enjoyed the social part of job, met many people
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, OntarioNovember 27, 2013
Was a relaxed and fun job. Met many people through the job.
There was no room for advancement so felt the need to lok for other work.

Government closed down the program.
Pros
fexible hours
Cons
but not enough hours
Homecare/PSW
PSW (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONNovember 14, 2013
Began with being homemaker, they paid for my PSW course which opened the doors for my future.
great way to give back to community locally, nationally and globally
DM Instructor/Disaster Manager (Current Employee) –  Coastal region, BCNovember 6, 2013
working with individuals and groups of people who have been effected by disasters and require assistance to move on and develop a normal life style post disaster.

I also teach disaster management for the Red Cross and have taught in various locations in western Canada
Pros
truly humanitarian organization
Cons
occasional long hours, occasional stress
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCSeptember 9, 2013
Delivery and pick up medical equipment, service and repair, assistance for drivers.
communication and listen to seniors
supervisor very nice and friendly person
co worker helpful and friendly
Pros
communication
Busy Office Environment
Client Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Barrie, OntarioAugust 27, 2013
Working at Red Cross Care Partners is an exciting busy environment. Flexible with schedule and great support. Scheduling 10,000 hours weekly. Great training program.
benefits
Cons
long hours, afterhours, weekends
Friendly and professional atmosphere.
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  S.S.MarieAugust 7, 2013
The Red Cross is an excellent place to work, Staff and work enviroment, you couldn't ask for any better..
Pros
very professional, and super friendly staff.
Cons
contract position.

Canadian Red Cross Reviews by Location