Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews

Fun to volunteer
Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON17 August 2016
In each day I work is fun because you meet different people. I have learned to be more organize and master my computer skills. Management are very hard working. Co-workers are great and responsible. The hardest part of the job is when there is nothing to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is to help vulnerable people in the community on their worst day.
awesome work olace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 August 2016
same as above a great place to work friendly atmosphere , I really enjoyed my time there and would work for them again uin the near future
Fun, Enjoy working with Senior, Elderly people.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 August 2016
I enjoyed working as a PSW. reliable and results-oriented. Providing assistance in activities of daily living. Wash, bath, bed-bed and assist in shower for patients. Assisted with dressing, undressing and toileting activities. Ensure that clients receive the service and benefits they are entitled to. Ensure that security and safety of the home. I learned to be patience, try to understand more and make the client to cooperate, let them feel they are valuable. I enjoyed working with my coworker together and help each other. The hardest part of the job is when client feel down and not cooperate with you. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you you see client receive the service you did and benefits they are entitled to.
Excellent Atmosphere and Personal Development
Liaison Officer to Syrian Refugees (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 August 2016
Excellent place to work with a strong core value system of respect and impartiality. Opportunities to work in other locations and deploy internationally.
Pros
Personal development
Work and life balance
digital team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2016
I have been Canadian Redcross for 2 years and my overall experience was very good. you can balance your personal life and work. good place to work if you are old and don't have ability to learn advance skills.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no growth, no promotion, low salary
Red Cross Youth Leaders
YOUTH LEADER (Former Employee) –  1305 11 Ave SW, Calgary, AB5 July 2016
I would be assigned to a school and present to elementary schools about bullying and how to prevent it and intervene in healthy ways. I took the training course which taught me a lot about bullying and how we should handle it as well as how if it isnt confronted early on it can cause permanent problems in the future. The management was good, I made friends with both the managers and my peers. The hardest part of the job was getting over my fear of public speaking which I got over pretty fast. The best part was seeing how the kids used the information from the presentations.
Pros
I got to work with kids and share knowledge on a safer environment for them.
Cons
The only thing was they only got together once a month.
Home care PSW
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER, COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON25 June 2016
I am a home care PSW .I go in and out of homes taking care of the elderly and disable.I assit with there meal prep , medication, bathing and there daily living.This is a rewarding position to me because im making a diffrence in there lifes and mine.The hard part of my job is watching them struggle because of lack of funding.The other part of my job that is hard on me is that it is quite physical on the body and as i age i can feel it.
Pros
Makeing a difference in there daily living.
Cons
Lossing a patient. Becomimg harder on my body mechanic.
Caseworker - Disater Services
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2016
Being able to contribute and participate with the Red Cross has been incredible. It has been a honour to work along side this amazing team.
Pros
Working with people form all over America, helping people
Cons
Long Hours, Working with volunteers for 3 weeks then have to say bye
Volunteer
Disaster Management Volunteer, Logistics (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 April 2016
Volunteering with the Canadian Red Cross Disaster Management Team is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. This organization truly operates on proper principles and values.
Productive and rewarding
PDA responder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
A typical day at work would be helping people who have been affected by disasters by filling in their information on the assessment forms provided by the Red Cross. We help them during their vulnerable times by providing them with a list of resources they can contact in order to get help.
The work was very rewarding and it has helped me realize that I am very passionate about community work.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons

Want to know more about Canadian Red Cross?

Ask a question
Good
senior project manager - solution analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 March 2016
Good place to work and enjoy life balance, culture, and benefits amongst many other things. Excellent management and job advancement.
Red Cross
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2016
I am usually the first point of contact for the community workers as well as the our patients and caregivers. My job is to confirm appointments or make changes within limits with the patients for the health care providers. The most difficult part of my job at times is to clarify information from patients that is diagnosed with Alzheimer or dementia but to rectify that situation I would often communicate with next of kin or caregiver of the patient. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that my team and I have provided some comfort for the patient and some sense of normalcy for a family member. I learned that every patient needs are different and they vary from day to day. I come to expect the unexpected at my job as an administrator as my daily task not only consist of dealing with patients but replenishing office supplies so that our staff and community workers always have supplies to do their job efficiently.
A very negative environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2016
This organization has an unbelievably high staff turnover rate.

Management does not have the vision to lead nor do they have the respect of many employees. Many people will look to the terrific work that the Red Cross does internationally during disasters and other events, however domestically this organization and its leadership use both staff and volunteers and then simply discard them.

The backbone of the Red Cross are volunteers who do their very best, working long hours and giving freely of their time when needed.
Pros
Great volunteers
Cons
Complete lack of organizational vision, very disrespectful of staff
Interesting work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 January 2016
Read and code the evaluations received and then enter data into a customized software.
Volunteer at the Red Cross once a week.
Same as most Home Health Care Companies
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB4 January 2016
a typical day at work is providing personal and home support to clients in their homes, there are some stressful situations in some homes.
co-workers are wonderful.
the hardest part of the job is seeing the clients' health deteriorate
the most enjoyable part of the job is providing as much help and care that I can.
Pros
wonderful clients
Cons
sometimes having to travel a fair distance for only a few hours work
Enjoy at work with Discipline.
Front Desk Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 December 2015
Satisfied to work in clean and hygiene atmosphere.
Fast and quick services.
Quick service and satisfied them.
Cleaning the kitchen.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours on Weekend
Receptionist
Front Line Administrator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON11 December 2015
This was by far my favourite job, the staff is amazing, the training is amazing, the opportunities are amazing. I answered phones, did paperwork, and assisted other departments.
Not my most pleasant
Door to door Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2015
The environment was fine.
Most of my co-workers were nice and decent people.
However, the timing for me was not suitable. 12 noon-11pm
The hardest part was walking door to door trying to find a donor.
Cons
Long hours, Lots of walking, Must pay for your own way
Very much enjoyed working in home care.
Health Care Aide Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 November 2015
Confirm your list of clients for the day. Going into homes to assist with activities of daily living such as showering, laundry, food prep. Worked many different shifts including nights. Going in to homes to care for palliative residents to help give families a break or a chance to sleep. Keeping track of kilometers between clients and hours worked. Reporting any concerns about my clients to my supervisor.
Productive and fun working place
Warehouse In-Charge (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2015
Check emails in the morning and reply accordingly. Start printing orders in Accpac and check inventory data base and physical to ensure if stock available to ship on orders.
Pick and place orders on shipping area for checking and and then to be entered in to shipping program.

Replenish stock in picking bins.
Inventory control.
Taking care of returns, inbound and out bound receiving and customer calls.
Work on inventory programs, excel, word and outlook etc:
Pros
lots of pot luck lunches and free time
Cons
no pay raise and appriciation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.