Canadian Red Cross

Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews

good overall
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brampton2 February 2015
I worked as a temp. Can't say much about the place as I was only there a few weeks, I was alone most of time. I worked the phone lines directing people's calls.
Pros
quiet and relaxing
Cons
no training
Summary
Internship (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2015
I work for Canadian Red Cross for 1.5 month. It is a great experiences as a Internship. I do learn a lot from them and gaining experiences. I love the team work they have. They have shared a lots of experiences with me.
Pros
Nice enviroment
Cons
To Far
Positive atmosphere and data entries
First Aid Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 December 2014
I would arrive at around 8:30 am, sign in than head to my desk working on data entries. Other times I would organize the manikins and get classroom folders ready. The day would usually end around 12 in the afternoon.
Pros
Free first aid and CPR certificate
It is a nice place to work with people
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 December 2014
The Red Cross is a good place. The Red Cross help a lot of people. a lot of older people would not be able to get to there doctor's if it was not for the Red Cross. They have there problems just like every body but it's a good company.
Pros
They only work one shift
Cons
It's hard to make a living on my wages
A fun workplace
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Prince Edward Island, different locations12 December 2014
I typical day of working with the Red Cross would be loading and unloading canoes and rowboats, travelling to our location, and working with kids and parents. I got to teach children about water safety and keep them entertained in a safe environment. I got to practice my first aid and my communication and teamwork skills with parents and my co-workers.
I learned how to adapt quickly and act on an impulse when needed so everything worked out. I learned how to work well with my team of 8 that I had to live with every day. We had a manager, but we all had to play our part and take responsibility for ourselves and be independent. I learned how to remain calm and patient in hard situations and how to talk with adults in different situations.
I loved my job and I work hard when I am given a job, I always do my the best I can and make the best of every situation.
Pros
Outdoors all day, got to work with kids, I am very skilled at my job
Cons
Weather can be rough at times
Productive and supportive workplace
Volunteer Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON13 October 2014
From my perspective, everyone is treated as an equally valued part of the team. We all tend to support each other and draw from sharing our experiences.
Got training for first aid
no title (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC14 August 2014
All I did with this company was get training for first aid because my youngest son has epilepsy
Productive and team oriented workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 July 2014
Excellent co-workers, great job culture. Very well organized training.
Supportive management that encourages you to grow and learn. Continuous learning and encouragement and appreciation on a job well done. Excellent morale.
I enjoy working with the people and meeting the clinets needs
Office Worker/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NS15 July 2014
I started my volunteer work there as part of a on the job training from the work center. The typical day is checking the equipment and making sure that the equipment is inspected and ready for the clients as they come in to borrow them for three months.
The toughest job you will ever love
Recovery Case Worker - Recovery Team (Current Employee) –  High River, AB9 July 2014
The CRC was deployed to deal with the largest disaster in the history of Canada when June 2013 flooding left 100,000 people vulnerable. The work is client based and client driven. It involves not only direct aid but also advocacy to many Government and Non-Governmental agencies. Case loads require intense focus as client needs and issues are ever evolving. Skills such as psychological first aid and de- escalation are important to provide a safe environment for both clients and staff. The extreme challenges of the post disaster era have afforded ample opportunity to hone problem solving and communication skills.
A great opportunity to support community
Branding Design (Current Employee) –  Ontario7 July 2014
Doing work for the Canadian Red Cross is a great opportunity to serve the community on a variety of different levels in a team environment. During my Thunder Bay Flood deployment I learned about logistics and became the lead for acquisitions and purchasing supporting all the front workers out in the community. My co-workers were amazing and came from diverse backgrounds having come in from all over the country. The hardest part of the job was being away from my own family. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving community and making new friends with such quality people. During my time serving The Canadian Red Cross was very supportive to all volunteers and their well being physically as well as emotionally. It was nice to be a part of a group of like minded people wanting to help others in any way they could.
Pros
Food and travel provided
Cons
Missing family at home
one day I was ask to work over night and it was Christmas day no body like to work it that time
Cared for the elderly (Current Employee) –  111 johnson ave thunder bay ON17 June 2014
, enjoy challenges and the opportunity to develop new skills
Able to monitor and maintain a healthy and safe

Able to perform physically demanding labour.
Pros
i have never get free lunch at work
Cons
i will like to work long hours
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON9 June 2014
Good hours, quiet, nice people definitely somewhere I could've stayed permanently
Pros
Great hours
Management very disorganized
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 May 2014
Very high turn over rate of supervisors and personnel. Very low moral, and extremely hard to make any contact with management and other staff. There was never a healthy balance of work and home life.
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  1305 11 Ave SW Calgary AB27 May 2014
A humanitarian organization helping vulnerable people since long
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
High turnover
Every day is learning day
Network and Hardware Support (Former Employee) –  May, ON8 May 2014
• Diagnosis and resolution of complex IT problems including migration from Windows XP to Windows 7
• Level 1 & Level 2 phone, email and onsite support to employees
• Assisted employees in troubleshooting problems relating to Operating system issues (Win 7 2003/XP),Network connectivity, TCP/IP configuration and upgrade, Network printers and copier installation and troubleshooting
• Configured users rights and permissions, disabled and enabled accounts, file and folder permissions and configured logon profiles through Active Directory
• MS Exchange 2010/2012 configured and troubleshooting all mailbox style
• Used Service Now and IBM TSD ticketing system.
Very nice workplace
Data Entry Clerk, Finance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2014
I felt so at ease because the office environment is very nice, the employees as well as the superiors are very accomodating and very friendly.
Workload is tight but manageable.
Dealt with four different program
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2014
* Answer phones
* Client intakes or referrals
* Scheduling for transportation clients
* Train new co-workers
* Team of six
A brand new adventure every week. Fun, exciting, challening, humbling.
Violence and Abuse Prevention Facilitator (Current Employee) –  ON16 April 2014
Working for the Canadian Red Cross in their RespectED Department is a very fast paced, fun, energetic program. Their initiatives around Violence and Abuse Prevention becomes very humbling work. However, it is casual work and I'm looking for full-time work and job security.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the travel and working with different indiviuals who work with children and youth.
Pros
Networking, travel, meeting and working with new people.
Cons
Need to have more full-time hours.
wellness room for the staff
Customer Service Provider/ Medical Equipment (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 April 2014
It was a very positive environment always helping other was wha us as a team did.
Pros
free parking

Canadian Red Cross Reviews by Location