Canadian Red Cross

Canadian Red Cross Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awsome place to volunteer at.
Office Administrator (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONNovember 20, 2012
A typical day at the Red Cross consist of answering phones, making phone calls, answering any inquires, performing basic office duties and taking registrations for classes we offer.
homecare
personal support worker (Former Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 7, 2012
Pros: meeting all kinds of new people and there families
Cons: shift work and shortage of hours at time
very flexiable i have learned alot from my experience as a personal support worker such as time management , how to deal with many types of people with different views on life as well as temperments . bathing and assisting with dressing light house keeping and taking care of the well being of the client as well as being avocate for my clients . dealing – more... with many family wishes , paper work and communation to managers and supervisors – less
Client Service Coordination
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Cornwall, OntarioSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: the client is always put first, staff is very helpful, positive work environment
Cons: as a casual there was not enough hours available to work
As a Cliant Service Coordinator with Canadian Red Cross I was required to create work schedules for Community Support Workers in order to provide optimum care for the clientele within their geographical area. It was my responsability to ensure that each client received personal care by having a CSW assigned to them either on a regular or temporary basis. – more... It was also my duty to receive service offers from CCAC and input new client information into our data base so they can receive personal care within a timely manner. My duties where as follows:

- Rebooking
- Client Cancelations
- Sick Calls from PSW's
- Receive Service Offers
- Scheduling
- Update Client Information

Working with Red Cross I learned organizational and communicative skills. I learned what resources are available within our community and how to obtain information that could help the agency and the clients. The Red Cross provided a friendly and positive atmospsere which made it easy to learn the job and feel comfortable with performing duties that is required in Client Service Coordination. – less
I learned a lot of skills and knowledge with Canadian red Cross that made me who I am
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: free equipement.
Cons: working late evenings.
My first day of work with Canadian Red Cross"shadowing day'
My supervisor gave me my colleague home phone number assigned to shadow me. I had never met nor seen her before and I had to call her at home personaly to ask about the time and where we should meet. we met to the first client's home,and at the beginning it was the only address I knew among – more... six we had to visit that day.
My work wasn't just to show my knowledge but I got tested on driving skills because I had to race after my colleague worried to loose her track and got lost for good without destination addresses. I was glad at the end I made it happen. That has increased my confidence and self-esteem than ever before.

I learned everything that made me being a great personal support worker.

The Red Cross management has high standards in solving conflict arising between clients and staff.

I can not tell much about my co-workers as we just meet once in a while for some meetings and trainings.

The hardest part of the job is changes of the schedule at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my clients recovering. – less
chance to help others
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Woodstock, NBSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: chance to meet new people
Cons: low hourly rate and alot of daily travelling
A typical day for me involves caring for seiors in their homes.I do light housekeeping and meal prep as well as cleanup.
Volunteer For Canadian Red Cross
Branch Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed volunteering with Canadian Red Cross. They are friendly to work with. A typical day I did at Canadian Red Cross is answering phone. I delivered message and directing phone calls to the appropriate person and do some filing. The people I worked with are very friendly and nice. The hardest part of the job is trying not to make mistake with the – more... switchboard. – less
Review
PSW (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONAugust 10, 2012
Pros: experience of all aspects of client care
Cons: not enough hours-travel time to far
travel time inbetween clients not suitable
I learned to manage my time
employer keeps us informed
co-workers are kept busy do not see often
hardest part of job is getting more time allowed for people who really need it
enjoyable part is to see my clients smile
Productive workplace
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee), Sault Ste. MarieJuly 18, 2012
Red Cross provided a good opportunity to assist the elderly and other clients with physical issues.
Good experience
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 7, 2012
A typical day involved answering telephones, scheduling CPR/First Aid classes, data entry, assisting and greeting clients.

My Co-workers were cooperative.
Very enjoyable to work with clients that are disabled and help them
Part time/Casual (Former Employee), St Catharines , Port Colbourne, fort ErieJune 3, 2012
Pros: helping people
Cons: enable to say
Started as dispatch then started to drive in all programs for the disabled
Typical Day
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 16, 2012
My typical day was never the same. I would help whoever needed help with their work. I learned a lot working at Canadian Red Cross such as how to balance accounts, accounts payable, proper phone ettique and general office duties. Overall best job experience I ever had.
Too much of nothing.
AED Instructor (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 23, 2012
Pros: once a nobel ideal.
Cons: inability to use resources of its temporary staff.
Canadian Red Cross is managed at mid and lower level by persons who do not realize the importance of resource utilization "at all."

They are whimsical egotistical and unable to live to the standards of Canadian Red Cross
famous place
Mail Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaApril 2, 2012
Pros: busy company
Cons: no cons
excellent place to donate money, a very busy comany with lots
its ok
CSW (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONMarch 31, 2012
Pros: clients
Cons: going to home to home
getting up early
I have been learning different cultures
one manager is great
great
driving from home to home
clients
Well reputed and employee friendly work environment is preferred
Admin and Fiance Officer (Former Employee), SrilankaFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: allowances, food
Cons: lunch and tea break
I would like to work in the Administration and financial, Banking, Credit position. I also have more than 10 years experience in banking and Financial position with NGOs and INGOs.

If any suitable post match as ideal for my CV and previous experience, I would do my best and deliver my service with efficient manner.
Inspiring, Proactive, Commpassionate Integrity
Home Assessment / Admin Support (Former Employee), Calgary western zoneJanuary 7, 2012
Pros: exemplary team work training
Working within the team frame work of the Red Cross is life transforming.
I was trained to veiw each situation and person/s involved in the daily tasks, with equality, respect and with confidential integrity.

About Canadian Red Cross

The Canadian Red Cross mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity in Canada and – Read more

Canadian Red Cross Photos