Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews in Canada

great way to give back to community locally, nationally and globally
DM Instructor/Disaster Manager (Current Employee) –  Coastal region, BCNovember 6, 2013
working with individuals and groups of people who have been effected by disasters and require assistance to move on and develop a normal life style post disaster.

I also teach disaster management for the Red Cross and have taught in various locations in western Canada
Pros
truly humanitarian organization
Cons
occasional long hours, occasional stress
Volunteer For Canadian Red Cross
Branch Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 8, 2012
I enjoyed volunteering with Canadian Red Cross. They are friendly to work with. A typical day I did at Canadian Red Cross is answering phone. I delivered message and directing phone calls to the appropriate person and do some filing. The people I worked with are very friendly and nice. The hardest part of the job is trying not to make mistake with the switchboard.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A work environment focused on helping people.
EAA to Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 29, 2013
Employee driven position as executive assistant to the director of Human Resources. Learned how to organize a reception for the Queen of the Netherlands upon her visit to the Head Office and also learned how to coordinate a three floor office move within the city of Ottawa.
Pros
very kind, compassionate and friendly employees.
Cons
no cons.
Positive atmosphere and data entries
First Aid Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 27, 2014
I would arrive at around 8:30 am, sign in than head to my desk working on data entries. Other times I would organize the manikins and get classroom folders ready. The day would usually end around 12 in the afternoon.
Pros
free first aid and cpr certificate
A fun workplace
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Prince Edward Island, different locationsDecember 12, 2014
I typical day of working with the Red Cross would be loading and unloading canoes and rowboats, travelling to our location, and working with kids and parents. I got to teach children about water safety and keep them entertained in a safe environment. I got to practice my first aid and my communication and teamwork skills with parents and my co-workers.
I learned how to adapt quickly and act on an impulse when needed so everything worked out. I learned how to work well with my team of 8 that I had to live with every day. We had a manager, but we all had to play our part and take responsibility for ourselves and be independent. I learned how to remain calm and patient in hard situations and how to talk with adults in different situations.
I loved my job and I work hard when I am given a job, I always do my the best I can and make the best of every situation.
Pros
outdoors all day, got to work with kids, i am very skilled at my job
Cons
weather can be rough at times
Friendly and Professional Work Environment
Administrative Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 27, 2013
Although I was an unpaid volunteer at this establishment, I knew that my contribution was highly valued by my co-workers. Working at the Red Cross is my dream and the work that is done there is the reason why I studied politics at university and for that I find it extremely fulfilling.
A great opportunity to support community
Branding Design (Current Employee) –  OntarioJuly 7, 2014
Doing work for the Canadian Red Cross is a great opportunity to serve the community on a variety of different levels in a team environment. During my Thunder Bay Flood deployment I learned about logistics and became the lead for acquisitions and purchasing supporting all the front workers out in the community. My co-workers were amazing and came from diverse backgrounds having come in from all over the country. The hardest part of the job was being away from my own family. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving community and making new friends with such quality people. During my time serving The Canadian Red Cross was very supportive to all volunteers and their well being physically as well as emotionally. It was nice to be a part of a group of like minded people wanting to help others in any way they could.
Pros
food and travel provided
Cons
missing family at home
I enjoy working with the people and meeting the clinets needs
Office Worker/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NSJuly 15, 2014
I started my volunteer work there as part of a on the job training from the work center. The typical day is checking the equipment and making sure that the equipment is inspected and ready for the clients as they come in to borrow them for three months.
Loved working here
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 24, 2015
great place to work if you enjoy having time for one on one patient care. really loved being able to make a difference in the lives of my clients.
Pros
able to take your time with clients
Cons
lots of driving
Summary
Internship (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 1, 2015
I work for Canadian Red Cross for 1.5 month. It is a great experiences as a Internship. I do learn a lot from them and gaining experiences. I love the team work they have. They have shared a lots of experiences with me.
Pros
nice enviroment
Cons
to far
Volunteering work - High River during the Calgary Flood
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  High River, ABFebruary 10, 2015
I really enjoyed this experience because it was voluntarily.
It brings me happiness knowing that I am able to help the community when needed. Definitely a memorable experience!
Review
PSW (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONAugust 10, 2012
travel time inbetween clients not suitable
I learned to manage my time
employer keeps us informed
co-workers are kept busy do not see often
hardest part of job is getting more time allowed for people who really need it
enjoyable part is to see my clients smile
Pros
experience of all aspects of client care
Cons
not enough hours-travel time to far
good place to work but time consuming!!
CSW/PSW/HCA (Current Employee) –  Muskoka, ONJanuary 22, 2013
You do an hour at 1 clients home then you have a different amount of time in between clients that changes every day that you are not payed for but still have to be on-call for! Some times it can take 12 hours out of your day just to do and get payed for 8 hours.
Pros
aiding and socializing with clients
Cons
one day I was ask to work over night and it was Christmas day no body like to work it that time
Cared for the elderly (Current Employee) –  111 johnson ave thunder bay ONJune 17, 2014
, enjoy challenges and the opportunity to develop new skills
Able to monitor and maintain a healthy and safe

Able to perform physically demanding labour.
Pros
i have never get free lunch at work
Cons
i will like to work long hours
Diverse and nice
Customer Service Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 12, 2013
I love working with other volunteers who come from different backgrounds. We all want to contribute more to the community.

The position is flexible and challenging, but that is also the beaty of it. We never get tired of doing searches and answering all sorts of questions on the phone.
Good place to be
Office Assistant (CO-OP) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 19, 2015
It is a good place to be because you know that you are helping those in need of help a specially after a disaster and help them get back on their feet.
Very Flexible work hours for part time employees
Instructor/Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 27, 2013
As an instructor for the Canadian Red Cross, your environment is always different and challenging. New people, and different learner types allows for a constantly changing teaching environment.
Pros
meet know people in every course. lots of fun
Cons
jobs are not guaranteed
Canadaian Red Cross
Personal Assistant for Lawyer (friend) - part-time (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QCMarch 28, 2013
I am an a Assistant at Fundraising team. I am called when they do need me and my assistance. I learnt a lot of new things related to the fundraising activities in Montreal. I am happy with my team and would like to say that management works very well too.
Pros
meeting up
Cons
not often
Too much of nothing.
AED Instructor (Former Employee) –  MississaugaApril 23, 2012
Canadian Red Cross is managed at mid and lower level by persons who do not realize the importance of resource utilization "at all."

They are whimsical egotistical and unable to live to the standards of Canadian Red Cross
Pros
once a nobel ideal.
Cons
inability to use resources of its temporary staff.
Productive and team oriented workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 21, 2014
Excellent co-workers, great job culture. Very well organized training.
Supportive management that encourages you to grow and learn. Continuous learning and encouragement and appreciation on a job well done. Excellent morale.

Canadian Red Cross Reviews by Location