Canadian Red Cross

Canadian Red Cross Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Canadaian Red Cross
Personal Assistant for Lawyer (friend) - part-time (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 28, 2013
Pros: meeting up
Cons: not often
I am an a Assistant at Fundraising team. I am called when they do need me and my assistance. I learnt a lot of new things related to the fundraising activities in Montreal. I am happy with my team and would like to say that management works very well too.
It was wonderful to volunteer.
Receptionist (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 6, 2013
Pros: it was nice's to help people
Cons: i was there for only 5 to 7 hrs twice a week
I was volunteering at Canadia Red Cross for 3 years. It was very nice's to be a receptionist i enjoy it.
Taking good care of the clients in their own home
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONJanuary 30, 2013
Proving excellent care of clients in their own home where they are comfortable and feel safe
Taking good care of the clients in their own home
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONJanuary 30, 2013
Respect and good care sometimes a chat is all they need, they are grandparents, aunts and uncles and sometimes parents. They all deserve the best care I can give them
Very Flexible work hours for part time employees
Instructor/Lecturer (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: meet know people in every course. lots of fun
Cons: jobs are not guaranteed
As an instructor for the Canadian Red Cross, your environment is always different and challenging. New people, and different learner types allows for a constantly changing teaching environment.
good place to work but time consuming!!
CSW/PSW/HCA (Current Employee), Muskoka, ONJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: aiding and socializing with clients
Cons: long hours
You do an hour at 1 clients home then you have a different amount of time in between clients that changes every day that you are not payed for but still have to be on-call for! Some times it can take 12 hours out of your day just to do and get payed for 8 hours.
Unique workplace with a really good team
Standard First Aid & First Responder Instructor (Current Employee), Richmond, BCJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: side job that i can do around my own schedule
Cons: no benefits, not always a consistant in flow of work
It is a very casual job where I set my own hours and my own class schedules. Amazing environment with inspiring students. In addition to teaching I have participated as a first responder at many events. The other instructors are amazing and are always willing to help out with large courses and teaching sessions. I love to teach and work with people – more... and just the constant flow of new people is exciting. The hardest part would be adjusting teaching styles for individuals but I have always manage to figure out a way to make the student process or understand. I have learned different teaching approaches, patience, time management, and am constantly updating and maintaining my basic first aid skill as well as have the opportunity to work with those more advanced and skilled who are always teaching me new skills. – less
Awsome place to volunteer at.
Office Administrator (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONNovember 20, 2012
A typical day at the Red Cross consist of answering phones, making phone calls, answering any inquires, performing basic office duties and taking registrations for classes we offer.
homecare
personal support worker (Former Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 7, 2012
Pros: meeting all kinds of new people and there families
Cons: shift work and shortage of hours at time
very flexiable i have learned alot from my experience as a personal support worker such as time management , how to deal with many types of people with different views on life as well as temperments . bathing and assisting with dressing light house keeping and taking care of the well being of the client as well as being avocate for my clients . dealing – more... with many family wishes , paper work and communation to managers and supervisors – less
Client Service Coordination
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Cornwall, OntarioSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: the client is always put first, staff is very helpful, positive work environment
Cons: as a casual there was not enough hours available to work
As a Cliant Service Coordinator with Canadian Red Cross I was required to create work schedules for Community Support Workers in order to provide optimum care for the clientele within their geographical area. It was my responsability to ensure that each client received personal care by having a CSW assigned to them either on a regular or temporary basis. – more... It was also my duty to receive service offers from CCAC and input new client information into our data base so they can receive personal care within a timely manner. My duties where as follows:

- Rebooking
- Client Cancelations
- Sick Calls from PSW's
- Receive Service Offers
- Scheduling
- Update Client Information

Working with Red Cross I learned organizational and communicative skills. I learned what resources are available within our community and how to obtain information that could help the agency and the clients. The Red Cross provided a friendly and positive atmospsere which made it easy to learn the job and feel comfortable with performing duties that is required in Client Service Coordination. – less
I learned a lot of skills and knowledge with Canadian red Cross that made me who I am
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: free equipement.
Cons: working late evenings.
My first day of work with Canadian Red Cross"shadowing day'
My supervisor gave me my colleague home phone number assigned to shadow me. I had never met nor seen her before and I had to call her at home personaly to ask about the time and where we should meet. we met to the first client's home,and at the beginning it was the only address I knew among – more... six we had to visit that day.
My work wasn't just to show my knowledge but I got tested on driving skills because I had to race after my colleague worried to loose her track and got lost for good without destination addresses. I was glad at the end I made it happen. That has increased my confidence and self-esteem than ever before.

I learned everything that made me being a great personal support worker.

The Red Cross management has high standards in solving conflict arising between clients and staff.

I can not tell much about my co-workers as we just meet once in a while for some meetings and trainings.

The hardest part of the job is changes of the schedule at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my clients recovering. – less
chance to help others
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Woodstock, NBSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: chance to meet new people
Cons: low hourly rate and alot of daily travelling
A typical day for me involves caring for seiors in their homes.I do light housekeeping and meal prep as well as cleanup.
Volunteer For Canadian Red Cross
Branch Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed volunteering with Canadian Red Cross. They are friendly to work with. A typical day I did at Canadian Red Cross is answering phone. I delivered message and directing phone calls to the appropriate person and do some filing. The people I worked with are very friendly and nice. The hardest part of the job is trying not to make mistake with the – more... switchboard. – less
Review
PSW (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONAugust 10, 2012
Pros: experience of all aspects of client care
Cons: not enough hours-travel time to far
travel time inbetween clients not suitable
I learned to manage my time
employer keeps us informed
co-workers are kept busy do not see often
hardest part of job is getting more time allowed for people who really need it
enjoyable part is to see my clients smile
Productive workplace
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee), Sault Ste. MarieJuly 18, 2012
Red Cross provided a good opportunity to assist the elderly and other clients with physical issues.
Good experience
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 7, 2012
A typical day involved answering telephones, scheduling CPR/First Aid classes, data entry, assisting and greeting clients.

My Co-workers were cooperative.
Very enjoyable to work with clients that are disabled and help them
Part time/Casual (Former Employee), St Catharines , Port Colbourne, fort ErieJune 3, 2012
Pros: helping people
Cons: enable to say
Started as dispatch then started to drive in all programs for the disabled
Typical Day
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 16, 2012
My typical day was never the same. I would help whoever needed help with their work. I learned a lot working at Canadian Red Cross such as how to balance accounts, accounts payable, proper phone ettique and general office duties. Overall best job experience I ever had.
Too much of nothing.
AED Instructor (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 23, 2012
Pros: once a nobel ideal.
Cons: inability to use resources of its temporary staff.
Canadian Red Cross is managed at mid and lower level by persons who do not realize the importance of resource utilization "at all."

They are whimsical egotistical and unable to live to the standards of Canadian Red Cross
famous place
Mail Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaApril 2, 2012
Pros: busy company
Cons: no cons
excellent place to donate money, a very busy comany with lots

About Canadian Red Cross

A specialist in dealing with events beyond its control, The American National Red Cross offers disaster relief, shelter, and other – Read more