Canadian Red Cross

Canadian Red Cross Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Every day is learning day
Network and Hardware Support (Former Employee), May, ONMay 8, 2014
• Diagnosis and resolution of complex IT problems including migration from Windows XP to Windows 7
• Level 1 & Level 2 phone, email and onsite support to employees
• Assisted employees in troubleshooting problems relating to Operating system issues (Win 7 2003/XP),Network connectivity, TCP/IP configuration and upgrade, Network printers and copier installation and troubleshooting
• Configured users rights and permissions, disabled and enabled accounts, file and folder permissions and configured logon profiles through Active Directory
• MS Exchange 2010/2012 configured and troubleshooting all mailbox style
• Used Service Now and IBM TSD ticketing system.
Very nice workplace
Data Entry Clerk, Finance (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 29, 2014
I felt so at ease because the office environment is very nice, the employees as well as the superiors are very accomodating and very friendly.
Workload is tight but manageable.
Dealt with four different program
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2014
* Answer phones
* Client intakes or referrals
* Scheduling for transportation clients
* Train new co-workers
* Team of six
A brand new adventure every week. Fun, exciting, challening, humbling.
Violence and Abuse Prevention Facilitator (Current Employee), ONApril 16, 2014
Pros: networking, travel, meeting and working with new people.
Cons: need to have more full-time hours.
Working for the Canadian Red Cross in their RespectED Department is a very fast paced, fun, energetic program. Their initiatives around Violence and Abuse Prevention becomes very humbling work. However, it is casual work and I'm looking for full-time work and job security.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the travel and working with different indiviuals who work with children and youth.
wellness room for the staff
Customer Service Provider/ Medical Equipment (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: free parking
It was a very positive environment always helping other was wha us as a team did.
great work experience, welcoming staff
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 27, 2014
Pros: up beat evironment
Working at the Canadian Red Cross I gained a great work experience that can benefit me in my future careers. I worked with customers both in person and on the phone selling merchandise and advertising for upcoming events, I assisted in the setting of the branch along with where the events are taking place, and did computer work (research, signing people up for classes, creating invoices). I also kept track of inventory weekly. At the red Cross I became certified for CPR and First Aid Level C. Everyone at the workplace were very inviting and we all worked together as a team to present our best work.
Productive work place, with hard working staff and volenteers
Heath Equipment Loan Program ( HELP) Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: free parking down town
Cons: shortage of staff at times
A average work day is taking in coming phone calls, helping clients who are there to pick up short term loan equipment for family, friends or themselves. Picking the orders for clients and explaining how the equipment works for there safety. When needed I also cleaned equipment to be able to restock inventory. I have learned how to handle myself in a very fast place work place.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough equipment for all clients who need the equipment. The co- worker are hard workers as well.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clients who really need the equipment and are happy we are there to help them.
organised and helpful
Coordinator for Meals to Seniors (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: stable hours
Cons: not enough pay
I learned how much the Red Cross really helped people. Management was very helpful and wanted to be there versus treating it like just another job. Everyone of my co-workers were happy and upbeat and helpful among each other. The hardest part of the job was putting volunteer's file up to date and the most enjoyable part was everytime a volunteer when over and beyond your expectations
A work environment focused on helping people.
EAA to Director of Human Resources (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 29, 2013
Pros: very kind, compassionate and friendly employees.
Cons: no cons.
Employee driven position as executive assistant to the director of Human Resources. Learned how to organize a reception for the Queen of the Netherlands upon her visit to the Head Office and also learned how to coordinate a three floor office move within the city of Ottawa.
Friendly and Professional Work Environment
Administrative Volunteer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 27, 2013
Although I was an unpaid volunteer at this establishment, I knew that my contribution was highly valued by my co-workers. Working at the Red Cross is my dream and the work that is done there is the reason why I studied politics at university and for that I find it extremely fulfilling.
enjoyed the social part of job, met many people
Home Support Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, OntarioNovember 27, 2013
Pros: fexible hours
Cons: but not enough hours
Was a relaxed and fun job. Met many people through the job.
There was no room for advancement so felt the need to lok for other work.

Government closed down the program.
Homecare/PSW
PSW (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONNovember 14, 2013
Began with being homemaker, they paid for my PSW course which opened the doors for my future.
great way to give back to community locally, nationally and globally
DM Instructor/Disaster Manager (Current Employee), Coastal region, BCNovember 6, 2013
Pros: truly humanitarian organization
Cons: occasional long hours, occasional stress
working with individuals and groups of people who have been effected by disasters and require assistance to move on and develop a normal life style post disaster.

I also teach disaster management for the Red Cross and have taught in various locations in western Canada
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: communication
Delivery and pick up medical equipment, service and repair, assistance for drivers.
communication and listen to seniors
supervisor very nice and friendly person
co worker helpful and friendly
Busy Office Environment
Client Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee), Barrie, OntarioAugust 27, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours, afterhours, weekends
Working at Red Cross Care Partners is an exciting busy environment. Flexible with schedule and great support. Scheduling 10,000 hours weekly. Great training program.
Friendly and professional atmosphere.
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee), S.S.MarieAugust 7, 2013
Pros: very professional, and super friendly staff.
Cons: contract position.
The Red Cross is an excellent place to work, Staff and work enviroment, you couldn't ask for any better..
Productive workplace; either refresh your skills or obtain new ones
Administrative/Program Assistant (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 15, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job - stressful situations (such as a disaster time) - best time to learn lots of new things as they get deligated to you very easily.
RedCross
Personal Support worker (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJune 11, 2013
Pros: lots of learning experiences
Cons: driving
My typical day working for red cross home care was driving from one clients home to the other. Preparing meal,medication reminders, cleaning, applying or taking off compression stockings. We didn't really see any of our co-workers. The there was nothing really hard about the job but the driving times between clients was very un-organized by the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending some one on one with each client and learning more about them and appreciating what we do for them.
Generally good employer
Community Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMay 29, 2013
Pros: great people who care
Cons: long hours, high workload
Overall a good employer, however workload in comparison to salary is not equitable. Good management, excellent values.
Very Productive and learned alot of new stuff each day
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Windsor OntarioMay 28, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: volunteer
A typical day at work would be going to my office and asking my supervisor what she would like me to do and everything would most likely be on the computer
For Example; Setting up courses , signing up people for courses, writing documents , doing MMT'S and sending invoices
I learned how to use the Microsoft offices programs
My Supervisor was very nice and very respectful
My Co-workers were all friendly and polite
we all treated each other with respect.

About Canadian Red Cross

The Canadian Red Cross mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity in Canada and – Read more

Canadian Red Cross Photos