Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews

Really enjoyed working for the company and with staff
Accounting Clerk/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 21, 2016
The Canadian Red Cross was one of the best companies i worked for. The management and staff are very welcoming and supportive.I really learned a lot there in my field of work.
Fun to volunteer
Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONAugust 17, 2016
In each day I work is fun because you meet different people. I have learned to be more organize and master my computer skills. Management are very hard working. Co-workers are great and responsible. The hardest part of the job is when there is nothing to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is to help vulnerable people in the community on their worst day.
awesome work olace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 15, 2016
same as above a great place to work friendly atmosphere , I really enjoyed my time there and would work for them again uin the near future
Excellent Atmosphere and Personal Development
Liaison Officer to Syrian Refugees (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBAugust 2, 2016
Excellent place to work with a strong core value system of respect and impartiality. Opportunities to work in other locations and deploy internationally.
Pros
Personal development
Work and life balance
digital team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2016
I have been Canadian Redcross for 2 years and my overall experience was very good. you can balance your personal life and work. good place to work if you are old and don't have ability to learn advance skills.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no growth, no promotion, low salary
Red Cross Youth Leaders
YOUTH LEADER (Former Employee) –  1305 11 Ave SW, Calgary, ABJuly 5, 2016
I would be assigned to a school and present to elementary schools about bullying and how to prevent it and intervene in healthy ways. I took the training course which taught me a lot about bullying and how we should handle it as well as how if it isnt confronted early on it can cause permanent problems in the future. The management was good, I made friends with both the managers and my peers. The hardest part of the job was getting over my fear of public speaking which I got over pretty fast. The best part was seeing how the kids used the information from the presentations.
Pros
I got to work with kids and share knowledge on a safer environment for them.
Cons
The only thing was they only got together once a month.
Home care PSW
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER, COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJune 25, 2016
I am a home care PSW .I go in and out of homes taking care of the elderly and disable.I assit with there meal prep , medication, bathing and there daily living.This is a rewarding position to me because im making a diffrence in there lifes and mine.The hard part of my job is watching them struggle because of lack of funding.The other part of my job that is hard on me is that it is quite physical on the body and as i age i can feel it.
Pros
Makeing a difference in there daily living.
Cons
Lossing a patient. Becomimg harder on my body mechanic.
Caseworker - Disater Services
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 21, 2016
Being able to contribute and participate with the Red Cross has been incredible. It has been a honour to work along side this amazing team.
Pros
Working with people form all over America, helping people
Cons
Long Hours, Working with volunteers for 3 weeks then have to say bye
Volunteer
Disaster Management Volunteer, Logistics (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 19, 2016
Volunteering with the Canadian Red Cross Disaster Management Team is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. This organization truly operates on proper principles and values.
Productive and rewarding
PDA responder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
A typical day at work would be helping people who have been affected by disasters by filling in their information on the assessment forms provided by the Red Cross. We help them during their vulnerable times by providing them with a list of resources they can contact in order to get help.
The work was very rewarding and it has helped me realize that I am very passionate about community work.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Good
senior project manager - solution analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 10, 2016
Good place to work and enjoy life balance, culture, and benefits amongst many other things. Excellent management and job advancement.
Red Cross
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 7, 2016
I am usually the first point of contact for the community workers as well as the our patients and caregivers. My job is to confirm appointments or make changes within limits with the patients for the health care providers. The most difficult part of my job at times is to clarify information from patients that is diagnosed with Alzheimer or dementia but to rectify that situation I would often communicate with next of kin or caregiver of the patient. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that my team and I have provided some comfort for the patient and some sense of normalcy for a family member. I learned that every patient needs are different and they vary from day to day. I come to expect the unexpected at my job as an administrator as my daily task not only consist of dealing with patients but replenishing office supplies so that our staff and community workers always have supplies to do their job efficiently.
A very negative environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
This organization has an unbelievably high staff turnover rate.

Management does not have the vision to lead nor do they have the respect of many employees. Many people will look to the terrific work that the Red Cross does internationally during disasters and other events, however domestically this organization and its leadership use both staff and volunteers and then simply discard them.

The backbone of the Red Cross are volunteers who do their very best, working long hours and giving freely of their time when needed.
Pros
Great volunteers
Cons
Complete lack of organizational vision, very disrespectful of staff
Interesting work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 28, 2016
Read and code the evaluations received and then enter data into a customized software.
Volunteer at the Red Cross once a week.
Same as most Home Health Care Companies
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NBJanuary 4, 2016
a typical day at work is providing personal and home support to clients in their homes, there are some stressful situations in some homes.
co-workers are wonderful.
the hardest part of the job is seeing the clients' health deteriorate
the most enjoyable part of the job is providing as much help and care that I can.
Pros
wonderful clients
Cons
sometimes having to travel a fair distance for only a few hours work
Enjoy at work with Discipline.
Front Desk Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONDecember 26, 2015
Satisfied to work in clean and hygiene atmosphere.
Fast and quick services.
Quick service and satisfied them.
Cleaning the kitchen.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours on Weekend
Receptionist
Front Line Administrator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONDecember 11, 2015
This was by far my favourite job, the staff is amazing, the training is amazing, the opportunities are amazing. I answered phones, did paperwork, and assisted other departments.
Not my most pleasant
Door to door Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
The environment was fine.
Most of my co-workers were nice and decent people.
However, the timing for me was not suitable. 12 noon-11pm
The hardest part was walking door to door trying to find a donor.
Cons
Long hours, Lots of walking, Must pay for your own way
just not a good fit
transportation coodinator (Former Employee) –  barrieSeptember 14, 2015
nice place to work--nice ppl. the pay is not on scale for the duties and responsibilities <30k and there is no time to train new employees. I was given a manual to work from. I was working in a 4x4 cubical and on the phone and computer for 3.5 hrs at a time.
just not a good fit for me
Pros
the hours
Cons
sink or swim
Amazing company
Dispatcher / Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 23, 2015
I enjoyed working for the Redcross. It was the most amazing career I may ever have. Helping clients was the best part of my job and we had the most amazing staff to work with. If it weren't for the fact my family and I moved to Ottawa I never would have left.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Moving away

Canadian Red Cross Reviews by Location