Canadian Red Cross

Canadian Red Cross Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very interesting place to work,
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: fexible hours
Cons: low hours
I was able to learn many new things with Red Cross. I worked as a Health Care Aide in a in home setting, and was able to fulfill many lives of seniors which I truly enjoyed. I also had the opportunity to work in the office as an assistant and was able to expand on my skills. In this aspect of the job I was working directly with the public and co-workers. Providing excellent customer service was enjoyable and learning all the aspects Red Cross has to offer was also interesting.
Great company to work for.
Technician (Former Employee), Truro, NSMarch 2, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: low pay
Red Cross was a great company to work for. They are a BIG company with a lot of policies and procedures, but its all for the health and safety of their employees. They pay was not great, but the job was very rewarding. Supervisors and management were fantastic.
Certification
Student (Former Employee), SudburyMarch 1, 2015
Easy to learn hands on training that allows you to learn valuable techniques that can help saves lives. Organized and simple
Loved working here
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: able to take your time with clients
Cons: lots of driving
great place to work if you enjoy having time for one on one patient care. really loved being able to make a difference in the lives of my clients.
Volunteering work - High River during the Calgary Flood
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), High River, ABFebruary 10, 2015
I really enjoyed this experience because it was voluntarily.
It brings me happiness knowing that I am able to help the community when needed. Definitely a memorable experience!
Management need more education managing
Finance (Current Employee), Atlantic ZoneFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: volunteers
Cons: management
My experience is that management has far too much control over hiring (friends, relatives, etc.) As well as this, on more than one occasion and from personal experience, disabilities are overlooked, especially mental disabilities. Mental health should be just as important as physical health.
Outside of this the volunteers that work for the Canadian Red Cross are second to none, some of them volunteering in life-threatening situations.
good overall
Office Administrator (Former Employee), BramptonFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: quiet and relaxing
Cons: no training
I worked as a temp. Can't say much about the place as I was only there a few weeks, I was alone most of time. I worked the phone lines directing people's calls.
Summary
Internship (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: nice enviroment
Cons: to far
I work for Canadian Red Cross for 1.5 month. It is a great experiences as a Internship. I do learn a lot from them and gaining experiences. I love the team work they have. They have shared a lots of experiences with me.
Positive atmosphere and data entries
First Aid Volunteer (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 27, 2014
Pros: free first aid and cpr certificate
I would arrive at around 8:30 am, sign in than head to my desk working on data entries. Other times I would organize the manikins and get classroom folders ready. The day would usually end around 12 in the afternoon.
It is a nice place to work with people
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 19, 2014
Pros: they only work one shift
Cons: it's hard to make a living on my wages
The Red Cross is a good place. The Red Cross help a lot of people. a lot of older people would not be able to get to there doctor's if it was not for the Red Cross. They have there problems just like every body but it's a good company.
A fun workplace
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee), Prince Edward Island, different locationsDecember 12, 2014
Pros: outdoors all day, got to work with kids, i am very skilled at my job
Cons: weather can be rough at times
I typical day of working with the Red Cross would be loading and unloading canoes and rowboats, travelling to our location, and working with kids and parents. I got to teach children about water safety and keep them entertained in a safe environment. I got to practice my first aid and my communication and teamwork skills with parents and my co-workers.
I learned how to adapt quickly and act on an impulse when needed so everything worked out. I learned how to work well with my team of 8 that I had to live with every day. We had a manager, but we all had to play our part and take responsibility for ourselves and be independent. I learned how to remain calm and patient in hard situations and how to talk with adults in different situations.
I loved my job and I work hard when I am given a job, I always do my the best I can and make the best of every situation.
Productive and supportive workplace
Volunteer Receptionist (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONOctober 13, 2014
From my perspective, everyone is treated as an equally valued part of the team. We all tend to support each other and draw from sharing our experiences.
Got training for first aid
no title (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCAugust 14, 2014
All I did with this company was get training for first aid because my youngest son has epilepsy
Productive and team oriented workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 21, 2014
Excellent co-workers, great job culture. Very well organized training.
Supportive management that encourages you to grow and learn. Continuous learning and encouragement and appreciation on a job well done. Excellent morale.
I enjoy working with the people and meeting the clinets needs
Office Worker/Volunteer (Current Employee), Kentville, NSJuly 15, 2014
I started my volunteer work there as part of a on the job training from the work center. The typical day is checking the equipment and making sure that the equipment is inspected and ready for the clients as they come in to borrow them for three months.
A great opportunity to support community
Branding Design (Current Employee), OntarioJuly 7, 2014
Pros: food and travel provided
Cons: missing family at home
Doing work for the Canadian Red Cross is a great opportunity to serve the community on a variety of different levels in a team environment. During my Thunder Bay Flood deployment I learned about logistics and became the lead for acquisitions and purchasing supporting all the front workers out in the community. My co-workers were amazing and came from diverse backgrounds having come in from all over the country. The hardest part of the job was being away from my own family. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving community and making new friends with such quality people. During my time serving The Canadian Red Cross was very supportive to all volunteers and their well being physically as well as emotionally. It was nice to be a part of a group of like minded people wanting to help others in any way they could.
one day I was ask to work over night and it was Christmas day no body like to work it that time
Cared for the elderly (Current Employee), 111 johnson ave thunder bay ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: i have never get free lunch at work
Cons: i will like to work long hours
, enjoy challenges and the opportunity to develop new skills
Able to monitor and maintain a healthy and safe

Able to perform physically demanding labour.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: great hours
Good hours, quiet, nice people definitely somewhere I could've stayed permanently
Management very disorganized
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 28, 2014
Very high turn over rate of supervisors and personnel. Very low moral, and extremely hard to make any contact with management and other staff. There was never a healthy balance of work and home life.
Finance Assistant (Former Employee), 1305 11 Ave SW Calgary ABMay 27, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: high turnover
A humanitarian organization helping vulnerable people since long

1 2 3 4

About Canadian Red Cross

The Canadian Red Cross mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity in Canada and – Read more

Canadian Red Cross Photos