Canadian Red Cross

Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A fun workplace
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee), Prince Edward Island, different locationsDecember 12, 2014
Pros: outdoors all day, got to work with kids, i am very skilled at my job
Cons: weather can be rough at times
I typical day of working with the Red Cross would be loading and unloading canoes and rowboats, travelling to our location, and working with kids and parents. I got to teach children about water safety and keep them entertained in a safe environment. I got to practice my first aid and my communication and teamwork skills with parents and my co-workers.
I – more... learned how to adapt quickly and act on an impulse when needed so everything worked out. I learned how to work well with my team of 8 that I had to live with every day. We had a manager, but we all had to play our part and take responsibility for ourselves and be independent. I learned how to remain calm and patient in hard situations and how to talk with adults in different situations.
I loved my job and I work hard when I am given a job, I always do my the best I can and make the best of every situation. – less
Productive and supportive workplace
Volunteer Receptionist (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONOctober 13, 2014
From my perspective, everyone is treated as an equally valued part of the team. We all tend to support each other and draw from sharing our experiences.
Got training for first aid
no title (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCAugust 14, 2014
All I did with this company was get training for first aid because my youngest son has epilepsy
Productive and team oriented workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 21, 2014
Excellent co-workers, great job culture. Very well organized training.
Supportive management that encourages you to grow and learn. Continuous learning and encouragement and appreciation on a job well done. Excellent morale.
I enjoy working with the people and meeting the clinets needs
Office Worker/Volunteer (Current Employee), Kentville, NSJuly 15, 2014
I started my volunteer work there as part of a on the job training from the work center. The typical day is checking the equipment and making sure that the equipment is inspected and ready for the clients as they come in to borrow them for three months.
A great opportunity to support community
Branding Design (Current Employee), OntarioJuly 7, 2014
Pros: food and travel provided
Cons: missing family at home
Doing work for the Canadian Red Cross is a great opportunity to serve the community on a variety of different levels in a team environment. During my Thunder Bay Flood deployment I learned about logistics and became the lead for acquisitions and purchasing supporting all the front workers out in the community. My co-workers were amazing and came from – more... diverse backgrounds having come in from all over the country. The hardest part of the job was being away from my own family. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving community and making new friends with such quality people. During my time serving The Canadian Red Cross was very supportive to all volunteers and their well being physically as well as emotionally. It was nice to be a part of a group of like minded people wanting to help others in any way they could. – less
one day I was ask to work over night and it was Christmas day no body like to work it that time
Cared for the elderly (Current Employee), 111 johnson ave thunder bay ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: i have never get free lunch at work
Cons: i will like to work long hours
, enjoy challenges and the opportunity to develop new skills
Able to monitor and maintain a healthy and safe

Able to perform physically demanding labour.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: great hours
Good hours, quiet, nice people definitely somewhere I could've stayed permanently
Management very disorganized
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 28, 2014
Very high turn over rate of supervisors and personnel. Very low moral, and extremely hard to make any contact with management and other staff. There was never a healthy balance of work and home life.
Finance Assistant (Former Employee), 1305 11 Ave SW Calgary ABMay 27, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: high turnover
A humanitarian organization helping vulnerable people since long
Every day is learning day
Network and Hardware Support (Former Employee), May, ONMay 8, 2014
• Diagnosis and resolution of complex IT problems including migration from Windows XP to Windows 7
• Level 1 & Level 2 phone, email and onsite support to employees
• Assisted employees in troubleshooting problems relating to Operating system issues (Win 7 2003/XP),Network connectivity, TCP/IP configuration and upgrade, Network printers and copier installation – more... and troubleshooting
• Configured users rights and permissions, disabled and enabled accounts, file and folder permissions and configured logon profiles through Active Directory
• MS Exchange 2010/2012 configured and troubleshooting all mailbox style
• Used Service Now and IBM TSD ticketing system. – less
Very nice workplace
Data Entry Clerk, Finance (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 29, 2014
I felt so at ease because the office environment is very nice, the employees as well as the superiors are very accomodating and very friendly.
Workload is tight but manageable.
Dealt with four different program
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2014
* Answer phones
* Client intakes or referrals
* Scheduling for transportation clients
* Train new co-workers
* Team of six
A brand new adventure every week. Fun, exciting, challening, humbling.
Violence and Abuse Prevention Facilitator (Current Employee), ONApril 16, 2014
Pros: networking, travel, meeting and working with new people.
Cons: need to have more full-time hours.
Working for the Canadian Red Cross in their RespectED Department is a very fast paced, fun, energetic program. Their initiatives around Violence and Abuse Prevention becomes very humbling work. However, it is casual work and I'm looking for full-time work and job security.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the travel and working with different indiviuals – more... who work with children and youth. – less
wellness room for the staff
Customer Service Provider/ Medical Equipment (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: free parking
It was a very positive environment always helping other was wha us as a team did.
great work experience, welcoming staff
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 27, 2014
Pros: up beat evironment
Working at the Canadian Red Cross I gained a great work experience that can benefit me in my future careers. I worked with customers both in person and on the phone selling merchandise and advertising for upcoming events, I assisted in the setting of the branch along with where the events are taking place, and did computer work (research, signing people – more... up for classes, creating invoices). I also kept track of inventory weekly. At the red Cross I became certified for CPR and First Aid Level C. Everyone at the workplace were very inviting and we all worked together as a team to present our best work. – less
Productive work place, with hard working staff and volenteers
Heath Equipment Loan Program ( HELP) Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: free parking down town
Cons: shortage of staff at times
A average work day is taking in coming phone calls, helping clients who are there to pick up short term loan equipment for family, friends or themselves. Picking the orders for clients and explaining how the equipment works for there safety. When needed I also cleaned equipment to be able to restock inventory. I have learned how to handle myself in – more... a very fast place work place.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough equipment for all clients who need the equipment. The co- worker are hard workers as well.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clients who really need the equipment and are happy we are there to help them. – less
organised and helpful
Coordinator for Meals to Seniors (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: stable hours
Cons: not enough pay
I learned how much the Red Cross really helped people. Management was very helpful and wanted to be there versus treating it like just another job. Everyone of my co-workers were happy and upbeat and helpful among each other. The hardest part of the job was putting volunteer's file up to date and the most enjoyable part was everytime a volunteer when – more... over and beyond your expectations – less
A work environment focused on helping people.
EAA to Director of Human Resources (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 29, 2013
Pros: very kind, compassionate and friendly employees.
Cons: no cons.
Employee driven position as executive assistant to the director of Human Resources. Learned how to organize a reception for the Queen of the Netherlands upon her visit to the Head Office and also learned how to coordinate a three floor office move within the city of Ottawa.
Friendly and Professional Work Environment
Administrative Volunteer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 27, 2013
Although I was an unpaid volunteer at this establishment, I knew that my contribution was highly valued by my co-workers. Working at the Red Cross is my dream and the work that is done there is the reason why I studied politics at university and for that I find it extremely fulfilling.

1 2 3

About Canadian Red Cross

The Canadian Red Cross mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity in Canada and – Read more

Canadian Red Cross Photos