Canadian Red Cross Employee Review

View all Canadian Red Cross reviews

The toughest job you will ever love
Recovery Case Worker - Recovery Team (Current Employee) –  High River, AB9 July 2014
The CRC was deployed to deal with the largest disaster in the history of Canada when June 2013 flooding left 100,000 people vulnerable. The work is client based and client driven. It involves not only direct aid but also advocacy to many Government and Non-Governmental agencies. Case loads require intense focus as client needs and issues are ever evolving. Skills such as psychological first aid and de- escalation are important to provide a safe environment for both clients and staff. The extreme challenges of the post disaster era have afforded ample opportunity to hone problem solving and communication skills.

Other Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews

A very respectful and inclusive work place.
Assistant Manager Transportation Project (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2018
The organization seems to undergo a major restructuring every 5 years.
Work spaces are comfortable and accommodating. The work environment is highly respectful and encourages continues improvement.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with bureaucracy and funding. Best part of the job was feeling you are helping where it is needed most.
Pros
Healthy work environment.
Cons
Dealing with inter office politics.
Good Company for volunteer
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 January 2018
I worked with them as a volunteer, my supervisor is very supportive and she helped me to enhance my knowledge and show me about the Red Cross.I have only 2 days schedule but its worth it.
Pros
Nice to have experience working at the Red Cross
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.