Canadian Red Cross Employee Review

View all Canadian Red Cross reviews

A great opportunity to support community
Branding Design (Current Employee) –  Ontario7 July 2014
Doing work for the Canadian Red Cross is a great opportunity to serve the community on a variety of different levels in a team environment. During my Thunder Bay Flood deployment I learned about logistics and became the lead for acquisitions and purchasing supporting all the front workers out in the community. My co-workers were amazing and came from diverse backgrounds having come in from all over the country. The hardest part of the job was being away from my own family. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving community and making new friends with such quality people. During my time serving The Canadian Red Cross was very supportive to all volunteers and their well being physically as well as emotionally. It was nice to be a part of a group of like minded people wanting to help others in any way they could.
Pros
Food and travel provided
Cons
Missing family at home

Other Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews

A very respectful and inclusive work place.
Assistant Manager Transportation Project (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2018
The organization seems to undergo a major restructuring every 5 years.
Work spaces are comfortable and accommodating. The work environment is highly respectful and encourages continues improvement.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with bureaucracy and funding. Best part of the job was feeling you are helping where it is needed most.
Pros
Healthy work environment.
Cons
Dealing with inter office politics.
Good Company for volunteer
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 January 2018
I worked with them as a volunteer, my supervisor is very supportive and she helped me to enhance my knowledge and show me about the Red Cross.I have only 2 days schedule but its worth it.
Pros
Nice to have experience working at the Red Cross
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.