Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews

It was an excellent experience working with social and community commitments
Data Entry Agent (on contract) (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 December 2016
Worked with people of different caliber and expertise and it was a great experience working with employees, volunteers from all over the province in Canada. It helped me to learn the different culture and and their experiences in Canada. Management was caring and loving all its employees and volunteers. Since it was a contract position, I could not stay long. If any future opportunity arises, I would love working with them.
Work and life balance
digital team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2016
I have been Canadian Redcross for 2 years and my overall experience was very good. you can balance your personal life and work. good place to work if you are old and don't have ability to learn advance skills.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no growth, no promotion, low salary
Red Cross Youth Leaders
YOUTH LEADER (Former Employee) –  1305 11 Ave SW, Calgary, AB5 July 2016
I would be assigned to a school and present to elementary schools about bullying and how to prevent it and intervene in healthy ways. I took the training course which taught me a lot about bullying and how we should handle it as well as how if it isnt confronted early on it can cause permanent problems in the future. The management was good, I made friends with both the managers and my peers. The hardest part of the job was getting over my fear of public speaking which I got over pretty fast. The best part was seeing how the kids used the information from the presentations.
Pros
I got to work with kids and share knowledge on a safer environment for them.
Cons
The only thing was they only got together once a month.
Fun to volunteer
Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON17 August 2016
In each day I work is fun because you meet different people. I have learned to be more organize and master my computer skills. Management are very hard working. Co-workers are great and responsible. The hardest part of the job is when there is nothing to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is to help vulnerable people in the community on their worst day.
Good
senior project manager - solution analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 March 2016
Good place to work and enjoy life balance, culture, and benefits amongst many other things. Excellent management and job advancement.
The Canadian Red Cross in Ontario offers an extensive network of programs and services that actively reach out and serve local communities throughout
Community Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 November 2016
I was responsible for running the day to day operations of the office,along with some amazing volunteers. As the first point of contact for clients, my job was to process healthcare equipment rentals, first aid registrations,monetary donations. The most difficult part of my job was knowing there was more need in the community than our organization could provide with limited funds, staff, and restrictions due to some policy and procedures. My job as an administrator not only consist of dealing with clients, but supporting managers and staff from other departments. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others !
Pros
Helping others
Cons
limitations of the service than can be provided
A very negative environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2016
This organization has an unbelievably high staff turnover rate.

Management does not have the vision to lead nor do they have the respect of many employees. Many people will look to the terrific work that the Red Cross does internationally during disasters and other events, however domestically this organization and its leadership use both staff and volunteers and then simply discard them.

The backbone of the Red Cross are volunteers who do their very best, working long hours and giving freely of their time when needed.
Pros
Great volunteers
Cons
Complete lack of organizational vision, very disrespectful of staff
Really enjoyed working for the company and with staff
Accounting Clerk/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 September 2016
The Canadian Red Cross was one of the best companies i worked for. The management and staff are very welcoming and supportive.I really learned a lot there in my field of work.
Excellent Atmosphere and Personal Development
Liaison Officer to Syrian Refugees (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 August 2016
Excellent place to work with a strong core value system of respect and impartiality. Opportunities to work in other locations and deploy internationally.
Pros
Personal development
productive
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 October 2016
a typical day will start at 9am to 5pm

I have learnt the use of professional telephone etiquette and capability to take reservations.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
great clients to take care of/ nice office staff
Registered Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 November 2016
overall company is still growing.
office staff are helpful.
wish some one will talk to you when you call. sometimes you do not have the time to call later.
we have to use our own cell phones, sometimes your battery gets low and with home care, clients do not mind you using a plug, but you need to have the adapter with you, as long you didn't leave it at home
i would like to see company replace clients when they are removed from my schedule.
pay goes down, stays that way for some time.
rate of pay is low.
I work on my own, home services 5 days a week, 1-2 hour visits.
clients are living at home with other person or retirement living.
you do get attached. I like to look at my work as seeing my own grandparents in their place and treat them as my own.
It gives me great pleasure to see and help people in my business, which also allows me to be a true, honest person, my personality is always good to everyone-its a natural feeling:
being a R. P.S.W. allows me to be me for over 27 years.
also continue with a great reputation which is highly important to me
Pros
great people to care for
Cons
some days are long
Caseworker - Disater Services
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2016
Being able to contribute and participate with the Red Cross has been incredible. It has been a honour to work along side this amazing team.
Pros
Working with people form all over America, helping people
Cons
Long Hours, Working with volunteers for 3 weeks then have to say bye
fun workplace
Door to Door Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2016
The work place was literally the best they made everyone feel home, we were friends, we enjoy being there, the hardest thing was around 7 at night it gets really dark and cold and there is danger outside.
Pros
team dinner free on thursday
Cons
I got home too late
Home care PSW
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER, COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON25 June 2016
I am a home care PSW .I go in and out of homes taking care of the elderly and disable.I assit with there meal prep , medication, bathing and there daily living.This is a rewarding position to me because im making a diffrence in there lifes and mine.The hard part of my job is watching them struggle because of lack of funding.The other part of my job that is hard on me is that it is quite physical on the body and as i age i can feel it.
Pros
Makeing a difference in there daily living.
Cons
Lossing a patient. Becomimg harder on my body mechanic.
Nice place
Canadian Red Cross Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 October 2016
Recommended to everyone. Diverse workplace. Great opportunities for learning and development. Many programs for many interests.
Productive and rewarding
PDA responder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
A typical day at work would be helping people who have been affected by disasters by filling in their information on the assessment forms provided by the Red Cross. We help them during their vulnerable times by providing them with a list of resources they can contact in order to get help.
The work was very rewarding and it has helped me realize that I am very passionate about community work.
Pros
Rewarding
Great
First Aid Instructor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2016
This is a great organization to be a part of. They are about educating the people anyway they can. I highly recommend using them as a training provider.
fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB22 November 2016
I loved the people i worked with. people were very confident and very fun making and loving people. I miss the atmosphere
Volunteer
Disaster Management Volunteer, Logistics (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 April 2016
Volunteering with the Canadian Red Cross Disaster Management Team is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. This organization truly operates on proper principles and values.
awesome work olace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 August 2016
same as above a great place to work friendly atmosphere , I really enjoyed my time there and would work for them again uin the near future

Canadian Red Cross Reviews by Location