Canadian Red Cross

Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing company
Dispatcher / Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: Moving away
I enjoyed working for the Redcross. It was the most amazing career I may ever have. Helping clients was the best part of my job and we had the most amazing staff to work with. If it weren't for the fact my family and I moved to Ottawa I never would have left.
fun place to work,social activities
Passenger Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 21, 2015
Pros: always a social event
Cons: part time not full time
working with people is one of the enjoyable things I love to do,everyone is different and unique in their own way,management was always there if needed,worked with a lot of great people.It can get really cold in the winter especially in and out.
PSW
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), St. CatharinesAugust 20, 2015
I left the red cross to pursue a career in long term care and found employment with Shalom Manor. Red Cross couldn't give me a better salary.
Good company
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), St ThomasAugust 19, 2015
like any other organization there's good and there's breakdowns..
Communication is a struggle sometimes, but their in service training sessions is helpful for workers and certainly beneficial for the patients..
poor management
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Psws were a compasionate hard working group!
Cons: after working for Red Cross for so many years you get little acknowledgement
I was not very happy with Red Cross because of lack of communication on schedulers behalf but was not their fault most of the time.
Very positive, team oriented office.
Nursing Home Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Positive work environment with a great team of other coordinators dedicated to their patients.
Cons: On call 24 hours a day for one week/month.
My time with Red Cross was spent coordinating patients with nursing staff. This consisted of reviewing the patient's care plan and matching them with nurses possessing the skills and education to meet – more... the patient's needs in the timeframe specified by the doctor's order.

At the time I started with Red Cross I was a fairly new grad with only experience as a dictatypist previously. The skills I obtained in this position became the base for my future career.I learned to be very organized and detail oriented working with a large team of coordinators, nursing staff of all levels as well as management, but also some great customer service skills when speaking with patients and their family members.

I very much enjoyed my time at Red Cross and the only reason I left was to start my family. – less
Never in my life time
A moron (Former Employee), Niagara onJune 20, 2015
Pros: U may work an u may not
Cons: Never need to worry about money cause u won't get it from them
Would never work for an thing again that say red cross on it at all .. the lack of management that doesn't excesses is scary drive bus an your license. May be taken away because u most be an idiot for driving it because they don't fix busses or have right form in most take it from some one knows not a place to work unless u are a born monkey
My review as a Red Cross Bus Driver
Casual on Call Bus Driver (Current Employee), Oakville, ONApril 19, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: Early start times
A typical day starts with me going into the office usually about 30 minutes before my shift starts and reviewing where I will be picking up and dropping off clients that morning. Once I have reviewed – more... that information I go out to the bus and perform my circle check of the vehicle. I fill out my CVOR forms and submit them to the office. Then after completing that I would start my scheduled pickups
The hardest part of the job would be the early mornings start up times.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people and talking to them. – less
Good place to be
Office Assistant (CO-OP) (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 19, 2015
It is a good place to be because you know that you are helping those in need of help a specially after a disaster and help them get back on their feet.
Very interesting place to work,
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: fexible hours
Cons: low hours
I was able to learn many new things with Red Cross. I worked as a Health Care Aide in a in home setting, and was able to fulfill many lives of seniors which I truly enjoyed. I also had the opportunity – more... to work in the office as an assistant and was able to expand on my skills. In this aspect of the job I was working directly with the public and co-workers. Providing excellent customer service was enjoyable and learning all the aspects Red Cross has to offer was also interesting. – less
Great company to work for.
Technician (Former Employee), Truro, NSMarch 2, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: low pay
Red Cross was a great company to work for. They are a BIG company with a lot of policies and procedures, but its all for the health and safety of their employees. They pay was not great, but the job was very rewarding. Supervisors and management were fantastic.
Certification
Student (Former Employee), SudburyMarch 1, 2015
Easy to learn hands on training that allows you to learn valuable techniques that can help saves lives. Organized and simple
Loved working here
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: able to take your time with clients
Cons: lots of driving
great place to work if you enjoy having time for one on one patient care. really loved being able to make a difference in the lives of my clients.
Volunteering work - High River during the Calgary Flood
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), High River, ABFebruary 10, 2015
I really enjoyed this experience because it was voluntarily.
It brings me happiness knowing that I am able to help the community when needed. Definitely a memorable experience!
Management need more education managing
Finance (Current Employee), Atlantic ZoneFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: volunteers
Cons: management
My experience is that management has far too much control over hiring (friends, relatives, etc.) As well as this, on more than one occasion and from personal experience, disabilities are overlooked, especially – more... mental disabilities. Mental health should be just as important as physical health.
Outside of this the volunteers that work for the Canadian Red Cross are second to none, some of them volunteering in life-threatening situations. – less
good overall
Office Administrator (Former Employee), BramptonFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: quiet and relaxing
Cons: no training
I worked as a temp. Can't say much about the place as I was only there a few weeks, I was alone most of time. I worked the phone lines directing people's calls.
Summary
Internship (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: nice enviroment
Cons: to far
I work for Canadian Red Cross for 1.5 month. It is a great experiences as a Internship. I do learn a lot from them and gaining experiences. I love the team work they have. They have shared a lots of experiences with me.
Positive atmosphere and data entries
First Aid Volunteer (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 27, 2014
Pros: free first aid and cpr certificate
I would arrive at around 8:30 am, sign in than head to my desk working on data entries. Other times I would organize the manikins and get classroom folders ready. The day would usually end around 12 in the afternoon.
It is a nice place to work with people
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 19, 2014
Pros: they only work one shift
Cons: it's hard to make a living on my wages
The Red Cross is a good place. The Red Cross help a lot of people. a lot of older people would not be able to get to there doctor's if it was not for the Red Cross. They have there problems just like every body but it's a good company.
A fun workplace
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee), Prince Edward Island, different locationsDecember 12, 2014
Pros: outdoors all day, got to work with kids, i am very skilled at my job
Cons: weather can be rough at times
I typical day of working with the Red Cross would be loading and unloading canoes and rowboats, travelling to our location, and working with kids and parents. I got to teach children about water safety – more... and keep them entertained in a safe environment. I got to practice my first aid and my communication and teamwork skills with parents and my co-workers.
I learned how to adapt quickly and act on an impulse when needed so everything worked out. I learned how to work well with my team of 8 that I had to live with every day. We had a manager, but we all had to play our part and take responsibility for ourselves and be independent. I learned how to remain calm and patient in hard situations and how to talk with adults in different situations.
I loved my job and I work hard when I am given a job, I always do my the best I can and make the best of every situation. – less