Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews

It was great working with the elderly people in my community
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON21 April 2017
I loved working with the people, helping them in the hour of need.

It felt like I was doing something good in my life because I love helping others and this was a great place to be.
Pros
meeting new people every day
Cons
lack of time in a day
Enjoyed working in clinics throughout Ontario
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2017
Canadian Red Cross provided a change environment form the hospital. It was a pleasure to interact with the donors. Voluntarily giving blood is a value to be cherished
Pros
Working environment outside a hospital
Cons
Long hours traveling
Wonderful place to work
Violence & Abuse Prevention Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2017
A fast paced ever changing position. Learn new skills when ever presented. Management is great. I have been a part of an amazing team. The work culture of the job consists of working with many different people from many diverse backgrounds. The most rewarding part of the job is getting to meet new people, networking and building healthier relationship and environments.
Pros
Tarvel
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Work Environment
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta26 March 2017
While working at the Canadian Red Cross I learnt to manage my time to meet deadlines and multitask different jobs at one time.
The management at Canadian Red Cross were very cooperative and approachable.
Disaster Management in Fort McMurray AB
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 January 2017
Questionable hiring and firing practices.
Questionable/incomplete adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Code.
Alleged discrimination in practice.
Pros
Reputable Organization. Support with living expenses provided.
productive and work oriented environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
I loved working here. A very active and fast paced work environment. The customer interactions is very fun and enjoyable. Coworkers are always fun to work with and a benefit to look forword to working with.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no cons
A lot of comradery . We supported and helped each other.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 January 2017
We were a team on blood clinics. Everyone knew their job. Equipment was unloaded and set up. People went to work and at the end of the day we loaded the equipment back in the Jumbo truck and the blood into the refrigerator truck and drove back to our home depot in Hamilton. There was a piano in the lounge and we had sing alongs.
Great workplace
Record Management Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 January 2017
Really diverse workforce with employees and volunteers from various cultural background. Everyone respects and learns from different cultures which creates sensitivities and care towards each other.
Pros
Provide work life balance
Cons
May not get to know everyone if you are only volunteer one or two days a week there
It was an excellent experience working with social and community commitments
Data Entry Agent (on contract) (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 December 2016
Worked with people of different caliber and expertise and it was a great experience working with employees, volunteers from all over the province in Canada. It helped me to learn the different culture and and their experiences in Canada. Management was caring and loving all its employees and volunteers. Since it was a contract position, I could not stay long. If any future opportunity arises, I would love working with them.
fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB22 November 2016
I loved the people i worked with. people were very confident and very fun making and loving people. I miss the atmosphere

Want to know more about Canadian Red Cross?

Ask a question
great clients to take care of/ nice office staff
Registered Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 November 2016
overall company is still growing.
office staff are helpful.
wish some one will talk to you when you call. sometimes you do not have the time to call later.
we have to use our own cell phones, sometimes your battery gets low and with home care, clients do not mind you using a plug, but you need to have the adapter with you, as long you didn't leave it at home
i would like to see company replace clients when they are removed from my schedule.
pay goes down, stays that way for some time.
rate of pay is low.
I work on my own, home services 5 days a week, 1-2 hour visits.
clients are living at home with other person or retirement living.
you do get attached. I like to look at my work as seeing my own grandparents in their place and treat them as my own.
It gives me great pleasure to see and help people in my business, which also allows me to be a true, honest person, my personality is always good to everyone-its a natural feeling:
being a R. P.S.W. allows me to be me for over 27 years.
also continue with a great reputation which is highly important to me
Pros
great people to care for
Cons
some days are long
The Canadian Red Cross in Ontario offers an extensive network of programs and services that actively reach out and serve local communities throughout
Community Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 November 2016
I was responsible for running the day to day operations of the office,along with some amazing volunteers. As the first point of contact for clients, my job was to process healthcare equipment rentals, first aid registrations,monetary donations. The most difficult part of my job was knowing there was more need in the community than our organization could provide with limited funds, staff, and restrictions due to some policy and procedures. My job as an administrator not only consist of dealing with clients, but supporting managers and staff from other departments. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others !
Pros
Helping others
Cons
limitations of the service than can be provided
productive
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 October 2016
a typical day will start at 9am to 5pm

I have learnt the use of professional telephone etiquette and capability to take reservations.
Pros
meeting new people
fun workplace
Door to Door Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2016
The work place was literally the best they made everyone feel home, we were friends, we enjoy being there, the hardest thing was around 7 at night it gets really dark and cold and there is danger outside.
Pros
team dinner free on thursday
Cons
I got home too late
Great
First Aid Instructor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2016
This is a great organization to be a part of. They are about educating the people anyway they can. I highly recommend using them as a training provider.
Nice place
Canadian Red Cross Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 October 2016
Recommended to everyone. Diverse workplace. Great opportunities for learning and development. Many programs for many interests.
Really enjoyed working for the company and with staff
Accounting Clerk/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 September 2016
The Canadian Red Cross was one of the best companies i worked for. The management and staff are very welcoming and supportive.I really learned a lot there in my field of work.
Fun to volunteer
Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON17 August 2016
In each day I work is fun because you meet different people. I have learned to be more organize and master my computer skills. Management are very hard working. Co-workers are great and responsible. The hardest part of the job is when there is nothing to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is to help vulnerable people in the community on their worst day.
awesome work olace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 August 2016
same as above a great place to work friendly atmosphere , I really enjoyed my time there and would work for them again uin the near future
Fun, Enjoy working with Senior, Elderly people.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 August 2016
I enjoyed working as a PSW. reliable and results-oriented. Providing assistance in activities of daily living. Wash, bath, bed-bed and assist in shower for patients. Assisted with dressing, undressing and toileting activities. Ensure that clients receive the service and benefits they are entitled to. Ensure that security and safety of the home. I learned to be patience, try to understand more and make the client to cooperate, let them feel they are valuable. I enjoyed working with my coworker together and help each other. The hardest part of the job is when client feel down and not cooperate with you. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you you see client receive the service you did and benefits they are entitled to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval