The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization, dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world is looking for a key individual to provide financial leadership for the Atlantic Provinces. Under the direction of National Corporate Controller, you will be responsible for the regular financial activities of the Atlantic Region as well as activities connected with crises, domestic and international disasters.
- Develop and recommend performance strategies and standards in order to optimize the Departments’ efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establish and update administrative procedures and internal quality management procedures in cooperation with the National Office, as well as ensuring compliance.
- Develop and recommend acceptance of Region budget based on national guidelines.
- Analyze, justify and critique financial statements.
- Implement National purchasing policies and procedures.
- Represent the Atlantic Region on National committees as well as with strategic partners.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the vulnerable in the community.
You will work closely with and support the Atlantic Region Director General by offering counsel on actions to be taken in order to reach financial objectives. In matters regarding the financial management of the Region, you will represent the Region on the Finance Committee, the Zone Council and at the National Office of the Canadian Red Cross. You will take an active part in Regional strategic planning and develop and implement a quality management system for internal and external clients. You will manage human, financial and material resources within your department.
- Designated accounting professional (CA, CGA, CMA).
- 7 to 10 years of relevant and proven experience at a Director level.
- 7 to 10 years of relevant and proven experience in personnel management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is mandatory and French is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office as well as Accounting software.
- Standard First Aid & CPR certification is required.
- A clear Criminal Record Check is required.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple issues simultaneously in a complex environment.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage priorities.
- Skilled motivator; communicator.
- Flexibility, versatility, dynamism and team spirit.
Resumes indicating your interest for this position as well as salary expectations should be forwarded no later than Friday, August 2, 2013 to:
Canadian Red Cross Society
Department of Human Resources
70 Lansdowne Avenue, PO Box 39
Saint John, NB E2L 3X3
Fax (506) 674-6170